Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea Seals Quests
Abyssea Seals Quests
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-11-07 15:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I have a theory here, and I want to test it out, and gonna let you guys know how it goes...

I'm trying to do the quest in Abyssea - Attohwa "Flown the Coop".
So far, I've done the quest 25x's and have only recieved..two seals.. -.-
BRDx1 + PLDx1

So.. The guy doing the quest along with me (Not in party or anything.) at the time, was 5/11, and another guy, was 10/30~ish.

Both guys have completed the "Chocobo on the Loose!" quest, and whatnot. Which I have not.

I'm wondering, if I do this quest, and perhaps more quests, if it might increase my drop rate of getting a seal.

IF THATS SO.

Wouldn't it imply for other other quest givers, like the Smoke over the mountain quest series? etc.

Thoughts?

(Meanwhile.. running to upper jeuno to start chocobo egg quest..)
 Cerberus.Cruxus
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2010-11-07 15:50:50
Link | Citer | R

The only thoughts that I have on these quests as far as seal distribution goes, is that there may be something to the day and % of what seal has of dropping. I've done the damn /clap quest for bale and cirque head (finally got both plus a rdm hat i'll prob never use), and towards the end I noticed that I was receiving seals for specific jobs more on specific days. Coincidence or not I'm intrigued, sadly the only quests I need now aside from feet for my 85 jobs is drg...and all of those suck except for the Aqua Puraga in Vunkerl.

I've noticed that I tend to receive pup and mnk seals more often during the same days which seem to be Fire and Earth days. Got 3 cirque seals back to back on earth and 2 back on the tail end of fire day.

PLD seems to drop quite often on light day got 4 of em in a row...after already obtaining the +1 head.

Like I said, haven't really done much actual testing, just letting ya know what I've experienced myself.

Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-07 15:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Why would you think doing Chocobo on the Loose has anything to do with Flown the Coop?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-11-07 15:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Ive done literally 15 pieces of +1 through quests in every zone. As far as i can see, theres no correlation at all. From what i see, each quest has a certain chance to drop a seal, then which seal it drops is random. Like boxwatcher quest i had almost a 60% chance of getting a seal, then which type was random. i ended like 11/10/9/8 on those 4 jobs on feet seals.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-11-07 16:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Why would you think doing Chocobo on the Loose has anything to do with Flown the Coop?
Both quests are given by the same NPC. So, figured maybe it would help. IDK 2/25 is pretty bad I'm assuming for this quests drop rate.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-11-07 16:04:31
Link | Citer | R

In my experience, the longer the quest is, the higher the seal drop. Soil and Green took me a minute and a half to do and had like a 20% rate for any seal. An Acridadean Anodyne took me about 5 minutes, and had at least 50%, maybe more. I only did the choco quest once, but it was a pretty fast quest. Though i did get a BLU seal lol.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-11-07 16:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Here's a better question.
Why are three people doing that same quest at the same time not in a party?

People who don't team up for Flown the Coop Quest are stupid.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-11-07 16:33:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:
Here's a better question.
Why are three people doing that same quest at the same time not in a party?

People who don't team up for Flown the Coop Quest are stupid.
We partied up after we had met, sry for the mis-communication/confusion. We were doing the along side eachother, not knowing, because while I was outside, he was inside, visa versa. We eventually tried popping at the same time, and teamed up.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-11-07 16:48:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Okay, I have a theory here, and I want to test
I'm trying to do the quest in Abyssea - Attohwa "Flown the Coop".
So far, I've done the quest 25x's and have only recieved..two seals.. -.-
BRDx1 + PLDx1

I did the cookbook pages one in misery coast 50 something times and got: THFx2, WHMx2, BSTx5, SAMx1. I just did the NM's for the seals... The quests are blasphemous.