Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Shikigami Weapon Help Me Out
Shikigami Weapon Help Me Out
 Fenrir.Killercat
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: killercat
By Fenrir.Killercat 2010-11-06 10:02:12
Link | Citer | R

If anyone would be willing to help me either get the ToD of shikigami weapon or even help me get the robe please. I'm not on much an most of the time I'm on is spent looking for this nm
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-11-06 10:19:29
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Killercat said:
If anyone would be willing to help me either get the ToD of shikigami weapon or even help me get the robe please. I'm not on much an most of the time I'm on is spent looking for this nm

Just get the Royal Redingote, YYR is pretty much useless for anything other than carby prime fight.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-11-06 10:29:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Fenrir.Killercat said:

Just get the Royal Redingote, YYR is pretty much useless for anything other than carby prime fight.

Well thats mostly true, it still has a few trivial uses. If you dont have any Aug items or Tiresias cape, this and AF2 puts you at -14 BP timer. Also, Avatar Enmity+5 never hurts while soloing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-11-06 10:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Fenrir.Killercat said:

Well thats mostly true, it still has a few trivial uses. If you dont have any Aug items or Tiresias cape, this and AF2 puts you at -14 BP timer. Also, Avatar Enmity+5 never hurts while soloing.

True, but I mean with the +2 head you get refresh, or the wivre hairpin from gold light in k.highlands abyssea You'll have refresh, and you can have the -2 perp from the RR body so I mean that's nice to have with -2 or -3 perp from fay crozier, plus the pet mab macc from crozier and/or RR. Overall RR + Fay Crozier + Wivre hairpin or AF3+2 is the best combo you could go with outside of Magian weps.
 Fenrir.Killercat
user: killercat
By Fenrir.Killercat 2010-11-06 14:00:56
Link | Citer | R

I'm looking to get both I understand it may not be the best item but for using carby its really nice with the new horn having 2 refresh items=more mp wile using him if the person who wants to help doesn't want the whole server to know feel free to send me a pm on here thanks :DD
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-06 14:21:48
Link | Citer | R

lol.
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-11-06 19:54:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Killercat said:

No, just no

YYR is the best -BP delay body, if you put BP delay on redingote you wasted an augment.

True, but I mean with the +2 head you get refresh, or the wivre hairpin from gold light in k.highlands abyssea You'll have refresh, and you can have the -2 perp from the RR body so I mean that's nice to have with -2 or -3 perp from fay crozier, plus the pet mab macc from crozier and/or RR. Overall RR + Fay Crozier + Wivre hairpin or AF3+2 is the best combo you could go with outside of Magian weps.

Yes you get refresh on the af3 head even with just the +1, YYR is refresh for the body, meaning you get 2mp/tick from gear, why would you gimp yourself by thinking "its ok i have refresh on the head no need for anymore" while idle.

YYR gives you refresh with carby out, with af3 head too thats 2mp/tick with carby out. And even better, I only need an extra -1 perp from gear then I can swap to YYR with garuda out and REFRESH with her out JUST from gear.
[+]
By slowlulz 2010-11-06 21:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Killercat said:

good luck with that nm..just a tip for you to get a good claim on him. Stand in the center of rom'maeve <"however you spell that. And have carby out and cast bar spells on yourself continuously. Chasing him down is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because he runs with flee..he will eventually come to center and you got a good chance on claiming him. good luck
[+]
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2010-11-06 21:54:57
Link | Citer | R

I pretty much did that, except I used stoneskin and moved about a bit to interrupt, better chance of aggroing it since its a long casting spell, and you dont spend MP since you're interrupting yourself.

I camped at the stairs at the bottom of K-8, not that much chance of aggroing other stuff if you're at the right spot on the stairs. Awesome way of claiming as carby will immediately move in to attack shiki, I outclaimed 2 other groups of people easily.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2010-11-06 22:55:32
Link | Citer | R

You can also see the NM on widescan, you also can pretty much know when its going to pop, since the zone will suddenly boost in population, however with trials that are done inside of the zone. This method has become mostly useless. Unless however you know certain people are camping it. If your in a rut, and you just can't get the TOD, you can always use server maitence to your advantage, knowing when the servers go up is knowing the TOD. Then you just need to find yourself a few freinds to help you kill the thing. But from what you said about not having much playtime, you might want to give up this chase, this NM can eat up your time getting the TOD and have you logging on at random crazy hours camping it.
By slowlulz 2010-11-06 23:04:18
Link | Citer | R

once you get ToD it will essentially ALWAYS pop 21hr 10m from ToD..but I'm sure you already know this :P