Harp's Unauthorized Guide To Soloing Walk Of Echoe

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Walk of Echoes » Harp's Unauthorized Guide to Soloing Walk of Echoe
Harp's Unauthorized Guide to Soloing Walk of Echoe
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-28 10:40:31
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
The only problem I've really seen with Walk of Echoes up to this point is now with the change in the exp system, no one is going to beat the plds cors and rdms.

If those three jobs stay active the entire run, no other jobs will touch them. They will always have the top 5 chests.

DNCs, DNCs get *** of points/exp.
[+]
 Bismarck.Luces
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2010-10-28 10:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
If someone entering a WoE run as leech is capable of obtaining one of the top chests then it means the Ls or group he is leeching on has players worst than him.
Why wouldn't someone effectively proving to be of good help deserve his chest?

Because lots of things aren't accounted for chest.

For example, you need an out of alliance sack puller to do slimes with 4-5 players. If you go with your group of 5, everybody gets a chest, including the sack puller.

Random enters, takes sacks chest. Just because that person was able to get a chest doesn't mean they were useful to the run. Keep that person, subtract sack = loss. Guy doesn't enter at all, can still win.

Quote:
Turning WoE into an event where people would need to make sre they check an online calendar to avoid messing up an elitist group of people would just be sad.
There's a difference between just going and entering, and camping groups and their ls event times to make sure you go exactly when they do.

So standing around WoE waiting for other people to come and do a zone and then provide more work then some of the members in the ls makes you scum? I think you sir should read what walk of echos is and the release on it. In your words watching a zone until others come like the OP said, is the same as camping WoE for a specific linkshell? I also think you do not understand that not everyone has time to be in a linkshell that does events 5-6 nights a week for 4-6 hours at a time. I certainly do not. Find a WoE you may say? find a ls that allows you to only do WoE and will let you come the 2 nights a week you can come and still lot and that should very well prove to you there is a God. Also what about those idiots that run in and start trying to solo mobs, happens all the time on Bismark, and cause you to to have just wasted an hour of your time. It's an event where players from different aspects in the game can work together for armor and other items, if it was intended to be ls only(like you for some reason you think that you are God and proclaiming it to be) then other people wouldn't be able to enter. Your logic Sir is as faulty as SE's.

That being said this is not a guide to soloing WoE but more or less a crash course in manners if you are entering WoE without a group and there is another ls that is using the zone instead of a mass of unaffiliated players.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-28 11:07:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Luces said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
If someone entering a WoE run as leech is capable of obtaining one of the top chests then it means the Ls or group he is leeching on has players worst than him.

For example, you need an out of alliance sack puller to do slimes with 4-5 players. If you go with your group of 5, everybody gets a chest, including the sack puller.

Random enters, takes sacks chest. Just because that person was able to get a chest doesn't mean they were useful to the run. Keep that person, subtract sack = loss. Guy doesn't enter at all, can still win.

Quote:
Turning WoE into an event where people would need to make sre they check an online calendar to avoid messing up an elitist group of people would just be sad.
There's a difference between just going and entering, and camping groups and their ls event times to make sure you go exactly when they do.

So standing around WoE waiting for other people to come and do a zone and then provide more work then some of the members in the ls makes you scum? I think you sir should read what walk of echos is and the release on it. In your words watching a zone until others come like the OP said, is the same as camping WoE for a specific linkshell? I also think you do not understand that not everyone has time to be in a linkshell that does events 5-6 nights a week for 4-6 hours at a time. I certainly do not. Find a WoE you may say? find a ls that allows you to only do WoE and will let you come the 2 nights a week you can come and still lot and that should very well prove to you there is a God. Also what about those idiots that run in and start trying to solo mobs, happens all the time on Bismark, and cause you to to have just wasted an hour of your time. It's an event where players from different aspects in the game can work together for armor and other items, if it was intended to be ls only(like you for some reason you think that you are God and proclaiming it to be) then other people wouldn't be able to enter. Your logic Sir is as faulty as SE's.

That being said this is not a guide to soloing WoE but more or less a crash course in manners if you are entering WoE without a group and there is another ls that is using the zone instead of a mass of unaffiliated players.

I certainly am not trying to take away the validity/nonvalidity etc of your argument.

But I'm currently in a WoE/Abyssea shell (non-Mando Events too, still fill up though...) that runs on Point based (For Walk of Echos) and Main/Sub job priority system for Abyssea (not important).

Either way, our shell passes out the armor based on points, but Coins are FL if you can use them/need them.

Its a trust system but at the same time, its only to say, those linkshells you described do exist, just incredibly rare, and since most people criticize LS's run this way, those in them rarely say anything about being in them.
 Bismarck.Khiinroye
user: Khiinroye
By Bismarck.Khiinroye 2010-10-28 12:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Its not doing more than others, its coming on a job that gets rewarded more than others. If I stay back as whm (most confluxes) I get ~5-6k xp, not even close to placing. For crabs, I'll melee on the small ones, get 12-13k xp, and first place. Last time on slimes I went from ~3k xp and no placing to 9k and 1st because I meleed 2 of the mobs.

Leechers can contribute very little and still take a chest from the ls which its members probably want. It is exceedingly hard to keep a pld, dnc, or rdm from placing if they know how to work the reward system, as they have too many tools to get massive amounts of points.

Some of the items still sell for a decent amount, too; still, we've had a leech or two who is only after coins give us the equipment drops from the chest they, which will help with getting along with the ls.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-28 13:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Luces said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

Quote:

Who said you need a WoE shell to do WoE? Whenever I feel like coin farming. I ask /ls (not a ls event) if anyone wants to do. If nobody takes me up (which they usually don't), can find 1-2 ppl in Flist (makes 3 now, only need 2 more). Shout for 15 mins, get another 2, easy win w/ 5.
 Lakshmi.Naveyah
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Naveyah 2010-10-28 14:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
The only problem I've really seen with Walk of Echoes up to this point is now with the change in the exp system, no one is going to beat the plds cors and rdms.

If those three jobs stay active the entire run, no other jobs will touch them. They will always have the top 5 chests.

DNCs, DNCs get *** of points/exp.

I can score between 14,000-16,000 on BRD/WHM using M.kris to restore my MP with energy drain spam on Crabs, Antlions and Slimes, I rock a 23% haste setup, would be at cap but sold Dusk feet +1 and Sha'ir Manteel, I've taken first about 3-4 times now :s so no PLD RDM and BLU are not lock jobs to get first lol
 Leviathan.Novax
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-10-28 14:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Think the point tiger is trying to make is, you're not helping the groups who go in by coming on a job which gets very good exp(Cor Pld Rdm, etc). Then go out of your way to go to WoE when that particular Ls goes is the *** move.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-28 14:59:30
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Novax said:
Think the point tiger is trying to make is, you're not helping the groups who go in by coming on a job which gets very good exp(Cor Pld Rdm, etc). Then go out of your way to go to WoE when that particular Ls goes is the *** move.

BLU is up there for sure. Dunno why COR would be there, other than maybe damage on slimes.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-10-28 15:24:00
Link | Citer | R

So, what about LS's who enter on a "lowman" group that's already inside? It's not okay for others to enter cause it's "leeching" but it seems to be okay for a LS to enter if a groups already inside and claim their LS deserves everything cause "they made us win" kinda thing?

Idk, it's an open event. Period, if people enter then people enter if they don't then grats. Sure people can ride on your success but that's how the event is designed and you can't really do anything about it, crying about losing gear etc is just childish and so is lotting cause 1 person out of our LS got it and not someone you like. Sure the system is flawed but saying "you're leeching gtfo" is just dumb cause it's suppose to be designed so anyone can team up and go in just because you made a WoE shell for it doesn't make you better or worse then anyone else it just opened the gate for leechers to get a free ride off your shell. Would have been easier to just make shout runs so it wouldn't matter who got what since thats how it is when a "leecher" arrives anyway.

If people enter with my group of friends I welcome it, if they contribute it's not really a bother. I mean yeah, someone sitting in the corner and lotting is pretty lame but whatever. I think the event itself is pretty fun to just do and I never expect anything from it if I get something great if not... I don't lose *** exp so it's not a waste of time or effort so I don't see the problem. I don't understand why people can't enjoy something without gaining ***in return. I think WoE is fun without even getting gear from it. D: It's also pretty awesome when a group of randoms beat the zone... especially when WoE was initially put out there. And I'm talking no one in the same LS just a bunch of randoms. I thought that was neat.

Bismarck.Khiinroye said:
Its not doing more than others, its coming on a job that gets rewarded more than others. If I stay back as whm (most confluxes) I get ~5-6k xp, not even close to placing. For crabs, I'll melee on the small ones, get 12-13k xp, and first place. Last time on slimes I went from ~3k xp and no placing to 9k and 1st because I meleed 2 of the mobs.

Leechers can contribute very little and still take a chest from the ls which its members probably want. It is exceedingly hard to keep a pld, dnc, or rdm from placing if they know how to work the reward system, as they have too many tools to get massive amounts of points.

Some of the items still sell for a decent amount, too; still, we've had a leech or two who is only after coins give us the equipment drops from the chest they, which will help with getting along with the ls.

Coming to leech off you Khii<3 :D
[+]
 Diabolos.Obliterate
Serveur: Diabolos
user: TBMC
By Diabolos.Obliterate 2010-10-28 15:26:18
Link | Citer | R

I cant speak for everyone here but alot of people are leaving the game now and alot of us have lost lots of friends in our linkshells. Its getting to the point where alot of medium to lower man linkshells are breaking because everyone is leaving. Not everyone may have an LS or friends to do things with anymore and I dont see how anyone can say that going into an event that was meant to be an "OPEN" event for everyone and making an honest effort to help can be called a leech or a thief.

Too many players have this "the world is ours" mentality and think that everything belongs to them but this was meant as an alternative event for the more casual players to be able to complete their trial for the new ws. Just because they can only play a couple of days/hours a week doesnt mean they like their characters being gimp and its great that they are making an effort to do something. If LS's want do some "Hard Work" then go do abyssea, with atma's this is even less "Hard Work" and can get you the real empyrean weapons and you shouldn't have to worry about doing WoE anyway so why complain? I can see if the ls's that do WoE want the equip drops but most "leeches" just want coins anyway.

There will always be those pain in the *** players that will go in and ruin runs, lot random things etc. but you can weed those players out pretty quick, most players are honest players just looking for a little help, so why not just help?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-28 15:41:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
i r jellowz
ftfy
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-10-28 16:55:51
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
you should make a guide on how to tp in askar helm
first u gotta have an Askar helm.

IDK how to do it right after that
[+]
By dianara 2010-10-28 19:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

Now I have run several ls runs into the zones and have been on the other side of the spectrum and had to deal with leeches. Here is my view on the whole thing. If your not putting in 36 players into the zone, you do not own the zone, plain and simple. You pay a measly 1k to go in...its almost free, you are not entitled to anything.

Imo the problem stems from the fact that his whole system is very poorly designed. Its not a zone, its an event, a BC or what ever you would like to call it. It is not designed as a zone.

And just because something is poorly designed doesnt mean you should take advantage of it to other peoples detriment.

I agree with your whole courteous attitude towards leaching, but I would argue that to be perfectly friendly and correct, you should ask if you can join someone's run first, if they accept all the better, if not, accept that you are not welcome and go solo individual mobs for coins. You will meet other people doing the same thing, team up with them instead of imposing on static groups and wasting their time. After a short while you will probably have a small group of would be soloers and can easily make your own clearance run.

Quote:
Once more linkshells started doing it, I ran into my problems. If I happened to have a winning lot the whole ls would begin to lot just so I wouldn't get that one little coin. I thought this was very petty and childish. A, if I can't have it, no one can have it attitude.

Imo if groups shouldnt whine about leachers taking advantage of a poorly designed system, then leachers shouldnt complain about individuals in that group also taking advantage of the free enter free lot for anyone "rule".
+ feed a stray cat and you will never get rid of it...
It may indeed be petty, i will grant you that, but so is abusing a poorly designed system to the detriment of a group of people.
If a private group enters and members agree to pass coins to each other on a logical basis, it is not abnormal for this to be thrown out the window when leachers come in and lot over them, as it is no longer private.

I agree with the guide inasmuch as we must be courteous to overcome the design flaws in this event. Leachers shouldnt impose on other groups, free riding some groups work, particularly because it can be a pain to get the right coins to the right people and is very time consuming, is wrong plain and simple, even if the mechanics allow it. And even more particularly so, because it demonstrates that the leaches are simply not willing to even put the effort in to form their own small group. Something which can be easily done with other soloers in the area.

But larger groups should realise that soloers also have a right to do these events. If one joins mid run and starts lotting your coins, imo preventing them from getting their loot is only normal, if you let them have it they will only continue. But, if you see there might be alot of people there soloing allready, dont go looking for trouble and reschedule your event if you dont want any leaches.

Quote:
Leeches are going to come in no matter what. Invite them to your party, make friends, ask them what coins they are lotting, they will be less inclined to lot all the coins.

Imo you have this backwards. The Leeches should ask to join the group. Perhaps they will get lucky and the group doesn't even want the coins they are after. In which case they can tag along, curtail their contribution and take the pouch if it drops in the main chest.

Sure coincidences can happen where a group wants to go in at the same time as a soloer and there you can expect some courtesy on behalf of both the group and the soloer. But its extremly bad manners to wait for a group to come, or track a groups regular event in order to time your leaching. This is purely abusing the mechanics of a flawed system if the group does not want you to come.

Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-28 20:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

never miss a chance to troll :o
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-28 20:18:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

prehistoric meme

if i did i just wouldn't be me
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-10-28 20:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

I see what you did there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-10-29 16:16:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
The Leeches should ask to join the group.

lol "Hay Can I join your campaign union so I can lot stuffs?" It's an open event they don't "have" to ask. :\ It's basically campaign but in a battlefield. It's the same as crying your friends didn't win a 100 in the campaign union loot. Only reason things cost so much in WoE is:

1. People hate randoms joining in so "MPK" eachother forcing randoms to not wanna do it anymore.
2. Those that win with just friends set the cost high on items.

If more people welcomed randoms or did it with random people without crying the items wouldn't be as much because more people would do it. People who want to stay on others "good side" would rather stay away from the event then being posted on some forum about how they're a thief in an open event. It's a 1k event, it's not like someone is looting a 500k+ event like dyna or anything else.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ellatrix
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ellatrix
By Fenrir.Ellatrix 2010-10-29 17:41:03
Link | Citer | R

Key points all of you retards are missing:

*The solo leech CAN NOT, under any circumstance, obtain a chest without the primary group being there to kill the boss. In fact, the only loot you could possibly hope to get without a group actually wining the chamber would be a measly coin if you got lucky on a drop from a small mob.

*WoE 'point' distribution is stupid and does not reward based on actual contribution to the run. I had this *** come in, melee on rdm, only cure himself, and he placed 2nd, because the rest of us were focusing on the win, not getting points. He contributed NOTHING and stole a chest. That doesn't count the retards in the corner, that fought 1 mob, died, went afk, and lotted the loot in the pool from the boss chest. Don't make a stupid 'more work' argument when you don't know how the system works. It is very easy to game the system to ensure yourself a chest if you have any clue on what you're doing and don't give a damn about the run performance.

*The linkshell goes to support the linkshell members, not you. When you have an *** leech come in and say 'hay guys I am going to lot x' you *** over whoever was up for that coin in the LS, and *** over someone else who is there to make the run win out of a chest.

tl;dr: WoE is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because of how it is implemented and not worth doing. Time is much better spent getting an actual emperyean, since anyone who can lowman win WoE with 4~5 can do emperyean, and you get the bonus of not having selfish leechers *** you over.
[+]
By dianara 2010-10-29 20:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Quote:
The Leeches should ask to join the group.

lol "Hay Can I join your campaign union so I can lot stuffs?" It's an open event they don't "have" to ask. :\ It's basically campaign but in a battlefield. It's the same as crying your friends didn't win a 100 in the campaign union loot. Only reason things cost so much in WoE is:

1. People hate randoms joining in so "MPK" eachother forcing randoms to not wanna do it anymore.
2. Those that win with just friends set the cost high on items.

If more people welcomed randoms or did it with random people without crying the items wouldn't be as much because more people would do it. People who want to stay on others "good side" would rather stay away from the event then being posted on some forum about how they're a thief in an open event. It's a 1k event, it's not like someone is looting a 500k+ event like dyna or anything else.

Things cost so much in WoE?
And people keep mentioning the mesely 1k entrance fee...the entrance cost is totally irrelevant. The fact is that the event is highly time consuming to make progress due to its extreme randomness. And although your not losing a "500k+ event such as namis, you are arguably losing just as much if not more in terms of time spent...

Just because you "can" do something doesn't mean its right and that you should...
No matter how you spin it, making 1% of the effort and taking advantage of an equal IF NOT better chance (due to the lame/broken contribution mecanics) at netting coins as the people who are making 99% of the effort to gather people, coordinate and clear the area, is plain and simply wrong. The fact the event allows such conduct is ludicrous, and leeches may rejoice at the ability to take advantage of such an ability, but that doesn't make it any less impolite and lame.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-29 21:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ellatrix said:
Key points all of you retards are missing:

*The solo leech CAN NOT, under any circumstance, obtain a chest without the primary group being there to kill the boss. In fact, the only loot you could possibly hope to get without a group actually wining the chamber would be a measly coin if you got lucky on a drop from a small mob.

*WoE 'point' distribution is stupid and does not reward based on actual contribution to the run. I had this *** come in, melee on rdm, only cure himself, and he placed 2nd, because the rest of us were focusing on the win, not getting points. He contributed NOTHING and stole a chest. That doesn't count the retards in the corner, that fought 1 mob, died, went afk, and lotted the loot in the pool from the boss chest. Don't make a stupid 'more work' argument when you don't know how the system works. It is very easy to game the system to ensure yourself a chest if you have any clue on what you're doing and don't give a damn about the run performance.

*The linkshell goes to support the linkshell members, not you. When you have an *** leech come in and say 'hay guys I am going to lot x' you *** over whoever was up for that coin in the LS, and *** over someone else who is there to make the run win out of a chest.

tl;dr: WoE is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE because of how it is implemented and not worth doing. Time is much better spent getting an actual emperyean, since anyone who can lowman win WoE with 4~5 can do emperyean, and you get the bonus of not having selfish leechers *** you over.

U mad?
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-10-29 22:35:10
Link | Citer | R

Yah, an option to designate (at start/first player entering) whether the VC battle instance will be "open" or "closed" would solve a lot of drama. A "closed" session might be identical but just close to new entrants after a set period, like 5 mins (or 3, or whatever.)

There are no time extensions anyhow, so the most the place will be reserved for is 45 mins. Random add-on players could still try to join in during the entry time, and certainly people can still try to camp LS events, but the feeling some LS'es get of being constantly harassed by random people retracing and rushing to enter when they see a zone fill up might be lessened. Oh well.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-10-29 22:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Wow this is still going
[+]
By Damrod 2010-11-11 22:04:46
Link | Citer | R

Rotflmao...I just noticed this thread, totally missed it when it was up.

Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-11-11 23:32:29
Link | Citer | R

I'll be honest, I hate that people can enter your run without permission.

@Harpunnik: You seem like a leech that I'd rather see. Your putting in the effort of helping the run and sacrificing yourself if ***goes wrong. Anyone that has done WoE knows that the run only goes two ways, very good or very wrong. Doesn't mean you cant win but it can get nasty.

I know people have different views on WoE, that it only costs 1k gil to enter and a few mission requirements, but I cant stress this enough: your not a member so don't go in thinking every linkshell will welcome you.

I will say this, if you enter during one of the runs my linkshell does without asking, your not welcome and will be treated as one of the enemies we have to kill. To me its like your trying to lot dynamis currency or relic armor.

If you ask for permission, and a member doesn't need that coin, your welcome to enter and lot it in my opinion. But that's not what happens. People enter without asking and they lot w/e they please and we have lost items worth 1-3 mil because of leeches. I'm not talking about getting a 1-5 coffer, I'm talking about out of the loot pool.

"But i got it from my chest" You wouldn't of got anything without the linkshell your stealing from. If you get something of value give it back. You would of never got it if it wasn't for us. Your only manipulating the system with an unrealistic job combination designed for one purpose, points and it's not for success of the run. Even getting a pouch is taking it from a linkshell member who might of needed it.

You can make it sound like your doing the right thing, and contributing to the run. But everyone of you who thinks this is a great idea to finish your trail, by being a leech, you have to make sure that you have permission. In all honesty I wouldn't let leeches get points, just enough to see the pool that's it. The items in the chest is an opportunity for our linkshell members to get a pouch for their trial.

Again, you wouldn't get ***if it wasn't for the linkshell doing the run. Don't steal items and your okay with me. And don't try to place in the top 5. Sure my post will get ratted down but its my opinion on the subject.
[+]
By Damrod 2010-11-12 07:59:01
Link | Citer | R

Wait a f'ing minute.
Siren.Kalilla said:
I'll be honest, I hate that people can enter your run without permission.

@Harpunnik: You seem like a leech that I'd rather see. Your putting in the effort of helping the run and sacrificing yourself if ***goes wrong. Anyone that has done WoE knows that the run only goes two ways, very good or very wrong. Doesn't mean you cant win but it can get nasty.

I know people have different views on WoE, that it only costs 1k gil to enter and a few mission requirements, but I cant stress this enough: your not a member so don't go in thinking every linkshell will welcome you.

I will say this, if you enter during one of the runs my linkshell does without asking, your not welcome and will be treated as one of the enemies we have to kill. To me its like your trying to lot dynamis currency or relic armor.

If you ask for permission, and a member doesn't need that coin, your welcome to enter and lot it in my opinion. But that's not what happens. People enter without asking and they lot w/e they please and we have lost items worth 1-3 mil because of leeches. I'm not talking about getting a 1-5 coffer, I'm talking about out of the loot pool.

"But i got it from my chest" You wouldn't of got anything without the linkshell your stealing from. If you get something of value give it back. You would of never got it if it wasn't for us. Your only manipulating the system with an unrealistic job combination designed for one purpose, points and it's not for success of the run. Even getting a pouch is taking it from a linkshell member who might of needed it.

You can make it sound like your doing the right thing, and contributing to the run. But everyone of you who thinks this is a great idea to finish your trail, by being a leech, you have to make sure that you have permission. In all honesty I wouldn't let leeches get points, just enough to see the pool that's it. The items in the chest is an opportunity for our linkshell members to get a pouch for their trial.

Again, you wouldn't get ***if it wasn't for the linkshell doing the run. Don't steal items and your okay with me. And don't try to place in the top 5. Sure my post will get ratted down but its my opinion on the subject.

I was about to feel sympathetic to groups that get "leeched" till I read this f'ing bullsh*t.

Ask for permission to enter an open battlefield? GTFO with that ***.

Who the F*ck do you think you are to "claim" an open zone? You need to wake up...it wasn't designed for your elitist f'ing LS to own so get the F*ck over it. Your snotty "Our LS" thug mentality p*sses me off. I now think it's a f'ing hoot that SE designed it this way just to ***on your day and give you something else to p*ss and moan about.

And this thread wasn't about "true leeching" which by definition is getting stuff for doing nothing, it was about how to enter an occupied zone, earn your reward and generally be welcomed.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 08:02:15
Link | Citer | R

Damrod said:
Wait a f'ing minute.
Siren.Kalilla said:
Lots of text

I was about to feel sympathetic to groups that get "leeched" till I read this f'ing bullsh*t.

Ask for permission to enter an open battlefield? GTFO with that ***.

Who the F*ck do you think you are to "claim" an open zone? You need to wake up...it wasn't designed for your elitist f'ing LS to own so get the F*ck over it. Your snotty "Our LS" thug mentality p*sses me off. I now think it's a f'ing hoot that SE designed it this way just to ***on your day and give you something else to p*ss and moan about.

And this thread wasn't about "true leeching" which by definition is getting stuff for doing nothing, it was about how to enter an occupied zone, earn your reward and generally be welcomed.

usomad
[+]
By Damrod 2010-11-12 08:03:56
Link | Citer | R

LMAO...I don't even do WoE but I felt like crapping a pile on this stupid ***.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-11-12 08:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Damrod said:
LMAO...I don't even do WoE but I felt like crapping a pile on this stupid ***.

Leeching is leeching, brah!
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-11-12 08:18:11
Link | Citer | R

I wouldnt call that leeching,Caus a leech is usually some1 doing NOTHING and lot your ***.Dont know WoE very well, but I think you need to actually do stuff to even be able to lot.

But here is where a guy not in your pt/ls coming in and helping you clear the zone even if you dont want it.It's an open area like campaign wtf you wanna do anyway? If you arent happy then just full out the zone or go cry to SE.

Not much you can do anyway, SE design it that way.
[+]