user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-27 17:52:22
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Zagen said:
I do agree it is awesome for Healing Waltz in those situations where you get hit with multiple debuffs regularly.
Wait, wait, wait... Did I miss an update where they split Waltz recasts?
No, he just meant it was nice for the 15 second recast :x
I know what he meant, but it's good when you're using Healing Waltz and Curing Waltz as well, not just when you're using only Healing Waltz.
You act like you didn't ask a question >_>
Rhetorical sarcasm. Also edited previous post for clarity.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-27 17:52:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

That doesn't answer the question.
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
nobody's disputing that a non-optimal setup can WORK, but you're saying that you don't need to be optimal to be optimal.
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Do you know what the word "optimal" really means?
Do you?

op·ti·mal definition
Pronunciation: /ˈäp-tə-məl/
Function: adj
: most desirable or satisfactory

Note the word satisfactory in other words the best of the best is not required to be optimal.

No. you're not reading that sentence correctly.

The "most" in "most desirable or satisfactory" definition...is referring to both desirable and/or satisfactory. In other words, it's saying that it's either "most desirable" or "most satisfactory."

Other definitions for "optimal" would be:

-Most favorable or desirable; optimum.

-The best in a particular scenario etc.

-The point at which the condition, degree, or amount of something is the most favorable.

I'll stop there with the definitions.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-10-27 17:54:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
but that's 15 seconds you can't cure yourself either if they're on the same timer.
Thanks, I think every DNC here needed that explained. :|
/sarcasm

well, somebody did.
 Bismarck.Zagen
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2010-10-27 18:01:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Learn to shot logic and English, then come back and try to present a sound argument. Thanks.
Not trying to be a smart *** but was shot logic a typo? Cuz I'm not finding it with a quick google search, well anything that seems relevant.

Technically given the situation when I joined the group, the restructuring of the party so that most of the melee DDs would get the use out of Haste Samba was optimal since there were no BRDs or CORs available either LFP or currently in the alliance. Then again that's just semantics.

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
-The best in a particular scenario etc.
Thanks didn't see that one...
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-27 18:05:37
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Learn to shot logic and English, then come back and try to present a sound argument. Thanks.
Not trying to be a smart *** but was shot logic a typo? Cuz I'm not finding it with a quick google search, well anything that seems relevant.
Shot in this context is slang, basically telling you to learn how to use or execute logic properly. Still more grammatically correct than most most desirable.

Optimal to your situation is secondary given the overarching discussion of theoretically optimal scenarios in this thread. Obviously making use of what you have should be considered following that.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-10-27 18:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

i think it's a meme.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-27 18:17:32
Link | Citer | R

You can look up synonyms for the word "optimal" if you're still in doubt...

You'll find: Best, elite, for the best, greatest, optimum, paramount, unmatched, unmatchable, select, supreme, unsurpassed, very best etc.

There should be no doubt that "optimal" means the best condition.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-27 18:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Actually last night it was DRK, DRG, WAR, WAR, DNC, SMN vs. worms in La Thaine and things died most of the time in about 30 seconds. With all the buffs in Abyssea you don't "need" a BRD and/or COR to be "optimal", do they help make people even better? Sure but then things die even faster.
How has nobody pointed out how slow 30 seconds is?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-27 18:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
Bismarck.Zagen said:
Actually last night it was DRK, DRG, WAR, WAR, DNC, SMN vs. worms in La Thaine and things died most of the time in about 30 seconds. With all the buffs in Abyssea you don't "need" a BRD and/or COR to be "optimal", do they help make people even better? Sure but then things die even faster.

30 seconds is optimal when you don't have BRD/DNC/COR.

Oh wait...

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-27 18:50:48
Link | Citer | R

With the amount of refresh you now have in abyssea, I would think a DNC would be better off being more of a DD now with good atmas than just sitting there spamming cures.

Unless you are just using no mage at all I guess.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-27 18:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
With the amount of refresh you now have in abyssea, I would think a DNC would be better off being more of a DD now with good atmas than just sitting there spamming cures.

Pretty much, and it's fairly strong with Atma of the Razed Ruins. There's still a time and place for support-role DNC in Abyssea though.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-27 18:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:

Depends. If it's like an EXP party and you have a WHM with Atma then sure, but if you're killing NMs or whatever with a few people DNC is nifty. Example, BRD DNC MNK can kill any Abyssea fodder mob fairly quickly for time, or Magian Trials or what have you. Only major downside is you can't cap lights with this setup, so you'd have to do it beforehand.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-27 19:01:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Pretty much, and it's fairly strong with Atma of the Razed Ruins. There's still a time and place for support-role DNC in Abyssea though.

Also this. Hi2u sexy Evisceration.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-27 19:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
With the amount of refresh you now have in abyssea, I would think a DNC would be better off being more of a DD now with good atmas than just sitting there spamming cures. Unless you are just using no mage at all I guess.
Also this. Hi2u sexy Evisceration.
Look what you started!

Also switch that dnc out for a rdm and you got faster and safer kills lol. ANd more chance to magic trigger
 Bismarck.Zagen
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2010-10-27 19:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Snick said:
Maybe no one brought it up because it was just an estimation.

Sorry I wasn't sitting there with a stopwatch to get the exact time to kill on every mob so I could come up with a truly accurate averaged time. I was able to use reverse flourish just about every mob so I used that for my estimation. I didn't take into account the time from running from one mob to the other, when people would be afk, dumping merits, or the delay from disengaging and then engaging, my mistake.

[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-10-27 19:21:13
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Fenrir.Snick said:
Maybe no one brought it up because it was just an estimation.

Sorry I wasn't sitting there with a stopwatch to get the exact time to kill on every mob so I could come up with a truly accurate averaged time. I was able to use reverse flourish just about every mob so I used that for my estimation. I didn't take into account the time from running from one mob to the other, when people would be afk, dumping merits, or the delay from disengaging and then engaging, my mistake.

10 seconds or less would be good time, sorry, not giving you a 20 second benefit of the doubt.

Suck less.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-28 17:55:55
Link | Citer | R

i havent had a chance to read in depth in this topic yet but something i'd like to point out is ecphoria ring is a good ring (very cheap) to have for your TP set, it has acc and gives 1 store tp, which depending on your build may finish off what you need to have a X hit build.

charis feather is also better for tp set because 5 dex is pretty much 2.5 acc and you arent suffering the -4 evasion in the event you do pull hate with your JAs

i dont mean to be a bubble popper but if you're trying to DD using a full reverse is a waste unless you are trying to double darkness. in short by the time you are able to use reverse you will end up having excess amount of tp and in that case you are either having to much tp or you are saving your reverse for another time. i suggest using step -> building flourish -> presto -> step > reverse. or in some cases wild flourish, neither of these skills are pointless, and wild flourish alone can add about 60% of the dmg to the ws and you arent wasting tp.

as for your statement about rudra's storm; just a well thf can amp their attacks dnc can equally as well. so i wouldn't say it sucks on dnc. at the same time though if you are in abyssea and you use anything but evisceration for damage you should be shot.

as for steps triggering yellow i noticed that you have other member's attacks filtered, do you have affects started by party/alliance filtered? just want to make sure since there is speculation if steps affect yellow or not.
[+]
 Leviathan.Belius
user: Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-10-28 18:13:05
Link | Citer | R

Nini, a summoner guide next please. You're a legend amongst us.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-28 18:45:50
Link | Citer | R

The whole point of dnc was to make a new job healer...and it was perfect for merit, and its still awesome for xp in abyssea.

Now, yes its not very end game and not very good on lot of Nms...but it was not a job designed for it in first place...

but take any healer job in xp pt, heal power of dnc is FAR greater than any other job.

personnaly i hate play dnc DD but when u have shitload of healers in pt cause leader is a dumb ***, guess thats the only thing to do...
 Caitsith.Kalima
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Kalima
By Caitsith.Kalima 2010-10-28 18:48:49
Link | Citer | R

Two quick edits for your gear setups: Diana Corona for VF and Surge subligar for steps. Otherwise, pretty damn good guide.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-28 18:48:51
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
The whole point of dnc was to make a new job healer...and it was perfect for merit, and its still awesome for xp in abyssea. Now, yes its not very end game and not very good on lot of Nms...but it was not a job designed for it in first place... but take any healer job in xp pt, heal power of dnc is FAR greater than any other job. personnaly i hate play dnc DD but when u have shitload of healers in pt cause leader is a dumb ***, guess thats the only thing to do...
Thanks for your input, cool denali head.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-10-28 18:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
The whole point of dnc was to make a new job healer...and it was perfect for merit, and its still awesome for xp in abyssea. Now, yes its not very end game and not very good on lot of Nms...but it was not a job designed for it in first place... but take any healer job in xp pt, heal power of dnc is FAR greater than any other job. personnaly i hate play dnc DD but when u have shitload of healers in pt cause leader is a dumb ***, guess thats the only thing to do...

yes mister wivre mask ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-28 18:53:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Well, he's the guy that thinks that Lava/kusha rings would be better than Rajas + acc ring for a TP set.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-28 18:54:56
Link | Citer | R

The whole point of dnc was to make a new job healer...and it was perfect for merit, and its still awesome for xp in abyssea.

Now, yes its not very end game and not very good on lot of Nms...but it was not a job designed for it in first place...

but take any healer job in xp pt, heal power of dnc is FAR greater than any other job.

personnaly i hate play dnc DD but when u have shitload of healers in pt cause leader is a dumb ***, guess thats the only thing to do...
due to the recent updates dnc actually excels at end game, and unfortunately (if i can say unfortunately) the 3 jobs i "main" when it comes to nm's or just about 90% of the end game activities, me playing on dnc is a requirement.

as for DDing dnc can parse incredibly high and is known for the fact that their ws frequency is much higher than any other job, they can generally ws on avg an interval of 10~ seconds. that paired with RR atma in abyssea is pretty much 4k dmg every 10-15 seconds (normal melee + 3k eviscerations).
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-28 18:58:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
charis feather is also better for tp set because 5 dex is pretty much 2.5 acc and you arent suffering the -4 evasion in the event you do pull hate with your JAs.
1) She was going for an easy-to-get gear set for the basics. While the Iron Giant for that item can be duoed, it's still an NM that usually needs 2+.
2) -4 Evasion isn't going to be critical, evasion needs to be stacked like anything else in this game to have a marginal effect.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-10-28 19:01:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
charis feather is also better for tp set because 5 dex is pretty much 2.5 acc and you arent suffering the -4 evasion in the event you do pull hate with your JAs.
1) She was going for an easy-to-get gear set for the basics. While the Iron Giant for that item can be duoed, it's still an NM that usually needs 2+.
2) -4 Evasion isn't going to be critical, evasion needs to be stacked like anything else in this game to have a marginal effect.
ah i apologize about it being basic gear
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-28 19:09:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
ah i apologize about it being basic gear
No problem :D
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-28 19:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
yes mister wivre mask ?
What's your point? It's +10 Evasion. If you couldn't tell, that's an Evasion set.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-28 19:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
as for steps triggering yellow i noticed that you have other member's attacks filtered, do you have affects started by party/alliance filtered? just want to make sure since there is speculation if steps affect yellow or not.

It's actually not my screenshot, but those other people in the party weren't doing anything. Maybe Athras was, but pretty sure he wasn't at the time. Thorny and I like to have random people in our party/alliances.

Caitsith.Kalima said:
Two quick edits for your gear setups: Diana Corona for VF and Surge subligar for steps. Otherwise, pretty damn good guide.

I think Diana Corona would be a decent toggle depending on the mob. Still losing out on a lot of accuracy getting rid of the Hachimaki. Would be a lovely macro for Feather Step though. As for Surge Subligar, my steps set was my personal ***set, but it would indeed be a superior swap.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-28 19:28:51
Link | Citer | R

Now, yes its not very end game and not very good on lot of Nms...

<_>
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 19