Ninian's DNC Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:51:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:

You haven't proved anything except that you can reach the delay cap with a single march. Show me some math showing that 74 attack makes you hit harder than 1K on a normal swing.

Scroll up, I did, right there, see that post a few above yours mathematically proving that 74 attack is > 5% crit damage? Yeah? Right there. Go read it.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:51:45
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

This means that not only do you need to do a crit of 1500 dmg before crit dmg+5% becomes more effective than 74 attack, but crit dmg+ becomes even less noticeable because it doesn't procc on every single hit, unlike 74 attack.
Wanna math that out for me?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:51:58
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

You haven't proved anything except that you can reach the delay cap with a single march. Show me some math showing that 74 attack makes you hit harder than 1K on a normal swing.

Scroll up, I did, right there, see that post a few above yours mathematically proving that 74 attack is > 5% crit damage? Yeah? Right there. Go read it.
Um... no you didn't.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Creecreelo said:
Simple Fix:

Brd gets Daurdabla! :D

Then we can let the 2-handers (Ukon Wars especially! @.@) and Urat Dnc's be happy!

It's a pretty sick weapon yup, however march+minuet+minuet would still beat march+march+minuet for the exact same reason march+minuet beats double march.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:54:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:
Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Um... no you didn't.

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
crit damage = +5% damage.

You'd need to have an increase of greater than 74 (Actual +dmg from the set as you are taking off flock earring, losing 7 attack, but gaining 81 fro mminuet) to your critical hits in order to raise the damage of critical hit's floor and roof to = +74 attack

In other words, you'd need to have swings capping at 1500 dmg (74/0.05) in order for 5% crit dmg to be favorable over 74 attack.

Toss in the fact even with atmas your crit rate is only about 90%, thus you don't even get the buff on 10% of your hits, and yes, 81 attack from minuet WAAAAAAAAAAY outweighs the +crit dmg of lokis.

Right. There. In the Bold.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Um... no you didn't.

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

You'd need to have an increase of greater than 74 (Actual +dmg from the set as you are taking off flock earring, losing 7 attack, but gaining 81 fro mminuet) to your critical hits in order to raise the damage of critical hit's floor and roof to = +74 attack

In other words, you'd need to have swings capping at 1500 dmg (74/0.05) in order for 5% crit dmg to be favorable over 74 attack.

Toss in the fact even with atmas your crit rate is only about 90%, thus you don't even get the buff on 10% of your hits, and yes, 81 attack from minuet WAAAAAAAAAAY outweighs the +crit dmg of lokis.

That's not math at all, that's just talking out your ***.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:56:26
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:
Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Um... no you didn't.

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

That's not math at all, that's just talking out your ***.

Reported for trolling, since it's now obvious that's what you're doing here.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Reported for trolling, since it's now obvious that's what you're doing here.
Trolling? Dude, you're *** stupid. 74 Attack does not equal 74 *** damage. if that was the case, I'd be hitting near 500 non-crits.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:59:21
Link | Citer | R

Yes, actually, it is.

1 attack raises the floor and roof of your potential attacks by 1 point.

The reason you don't do 500 is YOU SUBTRACT THE ENEMIES DEFENSE FIRST and THAT is the min of your damage, using your weapon strength as the factor to set the roof.

Adding 74 attack raises the roof and floor by roughly 74. 5% crit damage would raise the roof and the floor of your crit hits by 5%

So you'd need to swing a crit for 1.5K for 5% crit dmg+ to raise the roof and floor of your crit hits enough to outweigh 74 attack.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 04:00:50
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Yes, actually, it is.

The reason you don't do 500 is YOU SUBTRACT THE ENEMIES DEFENSE FIRST and THAT is the min of your damage, using your weapon strength as the factor to set the roof.

Adding 74 attack raises the roof and floor by roughly 74. 5% crit damage would raise the roof and the floor of your crit hits by 5%

So you'd need to swing a crit for 1.5K for 5% crit dmg+ to raise the roof and floor of your crit hits enough to outweigh 74 attack.
You need to have double the mobs defense to begin with, which, you don't as a DNC.
By Artemicion 2011-07-12 04:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Not that you need it, but Ayne, you have my permission.

Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 04:03:47
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Yes, actually, it is.

More than welcome to go smack a level one mob though, and let me know if you do a normal hit of 400 with a dagger.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 04:07:22
Link | Citer | R

Can't tell if troll.

Or just really, really stupid.

Either way, can a mod deal with this wretch already. I'm leaning more towards stupid than troll so go easy on them.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 04:07:48
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Can't tell if troll.

Either way, can a mod deal with this wretch already. I'm leaning more towards stupid than troll so go easy on them.
Wanna show me your formula for 1 attack = 1 damage? I'd love to see it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 04:10:44
Link | Citer | R

1 attack = +1 aFloor and +1 aRoof

There yah go
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 04:11:48
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

There yah go
You gonna elaborate? I can make up formulas too if you wanna do that ***.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 04:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:
Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

There yah go

Let me put it to you this way, you go and find out what 1 attack does to your damage output INSTEAD of what I said, since apparantly I'm wrong.

Come back when you have a differing answer with evidence, and we'll talk.

Then after that I'll ask you for an equation for it.

FYI it's empirical knowledge, you may as well ask me for the equation to prove 1=1.

1=1

There yah go.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-07-12 04:17:20
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Can't tell if troll.

Says the guy who fulltimes Fan Dance for 90% of all situations.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 04:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

There yah go

Let me put it to you this way, you go and find out what 1 attack does to your damage output INSTEAD of what I said, since apparantly I'm wrong.

Come back when you have a differing answer with evidence, and we'll talk.

Then after that I'll ask you for an equation for it.

FYI it's empirical knowledge, you may as well ask me for the equation to prove 1=1.

1=1

There yah go.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/PDIF

But, to give you an idea. Target's Stats: lvl 97, 378 defense debuffed.
my attack with a bison steak in my tp gear is 465. Average melee swing with kila +2: 136.381
If I add 81 attack to that I get 546. Average melee swing is gonna be roughly 153.027.

Doesn't look like 81 damage to me, ***, not even 1/4th of that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 04:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Seriously though if these are the kind of people that can just wander around this forum, spreading their garbage everywhere, I may not come back to bother with ffxiah anymore. This is the third person on this forum I've met who sounds like someone who'd get banned off of alla.

You guys really need to clean up these trolls better if you want to be taken seriously. I see a lot of good, smart people on these forums, but the concentration of utter retards makes the whole website annoying to deal with.

Like, come on, seriously? This is getting worse than alla. I encourage everyone to go through ffxi's system for calculations of various things greatly, but please oh please don't sit and try and argue with someone who know's what they're talking about and try and *** you're way through it like you do to. We can tell you don't and it makes you look really really bad

If instead you asked questions about parts and how things are calculated, most of us are more than willing to sit down and take you step by step through the math.

Instead popping in with something like this:

Ramuh.Austar said:
This seems so wrong.

Just makes you look bad.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 04:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Seriously though if these are the kind of people that can just wander around this forum, spreading their garbage everywhere, I may not come back to bother with ffxiah anymore. This is the third person on this forum I've met who sounds like someone who'd get banned off of alla.

You guys really need to clean up these trolls better if you want to be taken seriously. I see a lot of good, smart people on these forums, but the concentration of utter retards makes the whole website annoying to deal with.

Like, come on, seriously? This is getting worse than alla. I encourage everyone to go through ffxi's system for calculations of various things greatly, but please oh please don't sit and try and argue with someone who know's what they're talking about and try and *** you're way through it like you do to. We can tell you don't and it makes you look really really bad

If instead you asked questions about parts and how things are calculated, most of us are more than willing to sit down and take you step by step through the math.

Ramuh.Austar said:
This seems so wrong.

Just makes you look bad.
81 attack = 81 damage makes you look bad. In fact, everything you've posted makes you look bad. The only thing you're correct about is needing 31% to reach the maximum cap. You didn't even get 74/0.05 correct.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 04:26:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Alkalinejoe said:
Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Can't tell if troll.

Situations where saber dance is good being full timed:

Vs monsters that don't have a hard hitting AoE/Cone attack, don't have the ability to wipe shadows via magic etc, don't have the ability to bypass shadows, don't have the ability to instantly put a debuff on you that cripples you (para, silence, etc), and have low enough acc you can keep shadows up to survive.

Anything else: Fan dance

I'd almost say 95% of the time, but I do do a LOT of soloing farming dark rings in konsh, and those saplings fit in nicely to that category.
By Creecreelo 2011-07-12 04:27:21
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

Ramuh.Austar said:
This seems so wrong.

Just makes you look bad.

This all just seems like a load of waffles though lol
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-07-12 04:36:35
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Can't tell if troll.

Situations where saber dance is good being full timed:

Vs monsters that don't have a hard hitting AoE/Cone attack, don't have the ability to wipe shadows via magic etc, don't have the ability to bypass shadows, don't have the ability to instantly put a debuff on you that cripples you (para, silence, etc), and have low enough acc you can keep shadows up to survive.

Anything else: Fan dance

I'd almost say 95% of the time, but I do do a LOT of soloing farming dark rings in konsh, and those saplings fit in nicely to that category.
Not saying you should fulltime Saber Dance, yet on most NMs with a healer I can get away with it easily, but fulltiming Fan Dance is honestly really only required on certain NMs (the type you described above), which there are only a handful in the game. So unless you're only fighting those mobs ever on DNC, saying you fulltime FD 95% of the time is just stupid since you lose out on 10% haste from Samba which is pretty significant.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 04:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Not saying you should fulltime Saber Dance, yet on most NMs with a healer I can get away with it easily, but fulltiming Fan Dance is honestly really only required on certain NMs (the type you described above), which there are only a handful in the game. So unless you're only fighting those mobs ever on DNC, saying you fulltime FD 95% of the time is just stupid since you lose out on 10% haste from Samba which is pretty significant.

There's a huge difference between getting away with using saber dance and whether or not you actually should have used it.

YEs you can use it every now and then and not die instantly.

Was the risk of omg can't heal myself there though? Yes it was, therefor you should really avoid getting cocky and taking those kind of risks. Unless you're soloing and you dying doesnt slow down or hamper anyone else.

Otherwise it's a little rude to other people in your group when you get cocky, take down your -PDT to get better damage, and end up killing yourself due to a stray AoE, petrify, paralyze, whatever, and then everyone has to stop their run and their game to let you rest up and get back in.

Thus, 90% of the time you should use fan dance. Do you have to? No, but it's a smart idea to keep it up.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 04:42:46
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

There's a huge difference between getting away with using saber dance and whether or not you actually should have used it.

Was the risk of omg can't heal myself there though? Yes it was, therefor you should really avoid getting cocky and taking those kind of risks. Unless you're soloing and you dying doesnt slow down or hamper anyone else.

Otherwise it's a little rude to other people in your group when you get cocky, take down your -PDT to get better damage, and end up killing yourself due to a stray AoE, petrify, paralyze, whatever, and then everyone has to stop their run and their game to let you rest up and get back in.

Thus, 90% of the time you should use fan dance. Do you have to? No, but it's a smart idea to keep it up.
It's a good idea to take fan dance off in a group because you are indeed hampering things by not using haste samba.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-12 04:43:34
Link | Citer | R

I rarely use saber dance because I rarely am in a situation where I can sacrifice my ability to remove my own debuff, cure myself, or someone else.

Hence, I tend to think of "Fan Dance vs. Haste Samba" as my choices. It usually boils down to how fast the mob attacks.

(I usually only have maybe 1 other person on the mob, so I end up tanking it lol)
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-12 04:45:09
Link | Citer | R

In the case however where there are several other people wailing on it, Haste Samba all the way!
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-07-12 04:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

lol, you act like DNCs are the only tanks in the game by that logic. MNK/WAR/NIN/THF/BLU all tank competitively without relying on fulltiming a -90% PDT JA or curing themselves. If a NIN/WAR can tank effectively in a party situation without the former 2 abilities, why exactly does DNC need to consistently need to use them? I'm not saying DNCs shouldn't heal themselves ever, but Waltzes shouldn't be spammed when you have a healer standing by. I think you are having issues with your healers if you are relying so much on your waltzes.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-12 05:46:52
Link | Citer | R

/sigh
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 17 18 19