First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 02:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
A person who gets +74 attack, 10 subtle blow, in trade for 7 store tp and 3% crit dmg by getting 1 march.

A non gimp dancer who is using saber dance does. Because otherwise you have more haste than you need.

If you're bard can't handle that then he's *** lazy, I manage up to 3 different song rotations in my parties at once while landing elegies.

People have just gotten to soft nowadays to handle doing something more complicated than double march -> double ballad -> afk for 3 mins.
If you have a bard, then that means there is most likely other DD in the group, if that's the case, you need to optimize your songs for those that don't have natural 30% delay reduction, in that case you'd use x2 march. And if that's the case, then the DNC needs to sac up and swap his gear to fit that situation. x1 march? Get that ***out of here.
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-07-12 02:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Not gonna look at the math till tomorrow, but why the hell is the bard picking their songs to optimize the Dnc in the pt?
Because everyone would benefit?

I think you started to get what I meant in your last post there.
His reasoning was dancer doesn't need advancing march to cap delay (with gear), so the bard can sing minuet instead. However, the real dd's in your pt could still use the 9% haste from march, so you're either gimping the rest of the pt, or getting a bard to pianissimo the dancer on top of their other ***, which is pretty unlikely.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 02:37:46
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Not gonna look at the math till tomorrow, but why the hell is the bard picking their songs to optimize the Dnc in the pt?

His reasoning was dancer doesn't need advancing march to cap delay (with gear), so the bard can sing minuet instead. However, the real dd's in your pt could still use the 9% haste from march, so you're either gimping the rest of the pt, or getting a bard to pianissimo the dancer on top of their other ***, which is pretty unlikely.
I actually completely understood what you meant, I just didn't really read what you said.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 02:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:
Gonna go with two 190 delay daggers here. 190+190=380. 380 x .2= 76 delay to reach the cap.

380 x .7= 266 delay naturally.

266 x .29 = 77.14

That's with the haste values you used.

Where the hell does this 0.29 and 0.7 come from? You mean the 71% haste and 31% dual wield?

266 delay naturally after DW is correct, but why the hell are you * it by 0.7?

You need -29% from 380 delay to account for the other 29% of the 80% cap, maybe you should learn basic algebra before you call someone else on it.

0.31 * 380 = -117 delay from dual wield = 263 delay remaining
0.71 * 263 = -187 delay from haste after DW = 76 delay.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 02:42:48
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Gonna go with two 190 delay daggers here. 190+190=380. 380 x .2= 76 delay to reach the cap.

266 x .29 = 77.14

Where the hell does this 0.29 and 0.7 come from? You mean the 71% haste and 31% dual wield?

266 delay naturally after DW is correct, but why the hell are you * it by 0.7?

You need -29% from 380 delay to account for the other 29% of the 80% cap, maybe you should learn basic algebra before you call someone else on it.

0.31 * 380 = -117 delay from dual wield = 263 delay remaining
0.71 * 263 = -187 delay from haste after DW = 76 delay.
Because you subtract 30%, that's mutliplying by .7
The .29 comes from subtracting 71%, so you multiply by .29. Still wanna talk about basic algebra? Go back to 5th grade where I learned that ***.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 02:47:43
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Altar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Altar said:

Yeah if my bard told me that they could just get the hell out of the alliance and I'd rep them. I have 0 time for these weak *** bards who don't even know how to properly use lullaby nowadays. SE gave bard pianissimo for a damn reason and they can suck it up and do their job and stop afking.

On top of all their other ***my ***. They have their 4 songs they cast on the group, and if they're not completely gimp they'll be actually elegying the mob. If they don't have the time to spend 7 seconds putting a minuet on me they can damn well leave.

This is all assuming you're in a crour farming party or a lolexp alliance. At which point its a moot point anyways. You have a bard who is gimping it up trying to get level 90 or get a few merits, so chances are hes afk half the party. Good luck getting 1 march, let alone double march or even march+minuet, and everyone else is so damn gimp who cares anyways.

Any other situation you probably aren't in DD mode and are instead using eva set, and need double march less for tp and more for utsu.

So tbh point is moot, but just thought I'd point out that dual wield gear is 99% of the time the better set.

Cause how often are you in an exp alliance with a bard and a red mage both actually giving you marches and haste. Not *** likely, so you don't have capped -delay so of course you are using dual wield.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 02:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Bismarck.Altar said:

Yeah if my bard told me that they could just get the hell out of the alliance and I'd rep them. I have 0 time for these weak *** bards who don't even know how to properly use lullaby nowadays. SE gave bard pianissimo for a damn reason and they can suck it up and do their job and stop afking.

On top of all their other ***my ***. They have their 4 songs they cast on the group, and if they're not completely gimp they'll be actually elegying the mob. If they don't have the time to spend 7 seconds putting a minuet on me they can damn well leave.

This is all assuming you're in a crour farming party or a lolexp alliance. At which point its a moot point anyways. You have a bard who is gimping it up trying to get level 90 or get a few merits, so chances are hes afk half the party. Good luck getting 1 march, let alone double march or even march+minuet, and everyone else is so damn gimp who cares anyways.

Any other situation you probably aren't in DD mode and are instead using eva set, and need double march less for tp and more for utsu.

So tbh point is moot, but just thought I'd point out that dual wield gear is 99% of the time the better set.

Cause how often are you in an exp alliance with a bard and a red mage both actually giving you marches and haste. Not *** likely, so you don't have capped -delay so of course you are using dual wield.
So what you're saying is, unless you're getting x2 march, which isn't always the case, you're better off with dual wield gear. Glad someone could clear that up for us, thanks. /sarcasm. That's not the point, the point is, she posted a gear set that assumed x2 march, not x1 march.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 02:51:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:

The .29 comes from subtracting 71%, so you multiply by .29. Still wanna talk about basic algebra? Go back to 5th grade where I learned that ***.

"29%, which means you need enough Dual wield to account for -9% delay.

9/29 = 31% DW required to hit the absolute god tier cap of -delay."

See you're flaw is the fact you're using 30% DW where I clearly wrote you need 31% to hit the ultimate cap.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 02:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

"29%, which means you need enough Dual wield to account for -9% delay.

9/29 = 31% DW required to hit the absolute god tier cap of -delay."

See you're flaw is the fact you're using 30% DW where I clearly wrote you need 31% to hit the ultimate cap.
I'm not disagreeing with 31% to reach the hard cap of delay reduction.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 02:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:
So what you're saying is, unless you're getting x2 march, which isn't always the case, you're better off with dual wield gear. Glad someone could clear that up for us, thanks. /sarcasm. That's not the point, the point is, she posted a gear set that assumed x2 march, not x1 march.

No *** duh.

And what I posted is that you shouldn't ever be getting double march for tping in the first place, and that march+minuet was substantially better dps. So in other words my DW gearset + march/minuet has substantially better dps then her non DW gearset + double march.

And then proceeded to mathematically prove it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 02:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

No *** duh.

And what I posted is that you shouldn't ever be getting double march for tping in the first place, and that march+minuet was substantially better dps. So in other words my DW gearset + march/minuet has substantially better dps then her non DW gearset + double march.

And then proceeded to mathematically prove it.
Well, since we're gonna play that game... I'll edit in ***as I do the math.
By Artemicion 2011-07-12 02:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Fuzzy math and loud noises...

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 02:59:21
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:

Good, then you're statement:

Ramuh.Austar said:
x2 march, I did all your math with two simple *** equations.

Is false, since its based on the math of:

Ramuh.Austar said:

266 x .29 = 77.14

Is false because you used the wrong value for DW.

The math isn't that *** complicated.

Overall, swapping DW gear out for mild DD pieces and getting minuet+march, so you now have 45% DW + 65% haste along with the buff of +81 attack, versus 30% DW and 77% haste and the slightly better DD gear, the gain of the 81 attack from minuet FAR outweighs the gain of tp from more haste and the slight amount of better offensive stats on the DD pieces.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Also: Note to Nin, you're guide is awesome, and other than the one issue I found it's perfect. The difference in dps between your and my sets is probably 5% or so, I'm not trashing you or calling you down about the set, I just wanted to point out there is a slightly more optimal build to go for.

I wouldn't actually call a player wearing your set gimp, just sub-optimal, it'd still be pretty *** pimp though and would require a dancer-dancer bro high five of awesome.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:06:13
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Good, then you're statement:

Ramuh.Austar said:
x2 march, I did all your math with two simple *** equations.

Is false, since its based on the math of:

Ramuh.Austar said:

266 x .29 = 77.14

Is false because you used the wrong value for DW.

The math isn't that *** complicated.

Overall, swapping DW gear out for mild DD pieces and getting minuet+march, so you now have 45% DW + 65% haste along with the buff of +81 attack, versus 30% DW and 77% haste and the slightly better DD gear, the gain of the 81 attack from minuet FAR outweighs the gain of tp from more haste and the slight amount of better offensive stats on the DD pieces.
Care to explain how I used the wrong value of dual wield? I used the 30% from traits alone.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:07:49
Link | Citer | R

By the way, Loki's is 5% crit damage in case you didn't realize that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:10:56
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:

Care to explain how I used the wrong value of dual wield? I used the 30% from traits alone.

Because I said it'd take 31% to hit the cap not 30%

So yes with 30% DW from trait you do fall 1% DW short of the ultimate delay cap in nin's build, not mine

However she then addressed that double march had higher values then wiki listed now, so the natural trait would be more than enough to put you over the 80% delay cap. Which is why she says to not wear delay gear, fair enough.

What I said though is that going double march is not optimal for DPS and you shouldn't be getting double march in the first place.

At which point you are saying "double march is greater because 30% DW gives you not enough to hit the cap according to your numbers"

In other words, not only is your statement nonsensical, but moronic.

Go through the actual math and figure out the overall tp rates of each, and then come back with some actual math. FYI I have it all posted in my OP.

So go through the OP itself and put in bold my math that was wrong, and feel free to fill in the correct values.

Until then, stop talking out of your *** and please stfu.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:11:50
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:
Ah, I must be thinking of Alcide's +1, Ithought it was the higher crit dmg+.

No matter, 81 dmg still significantly outweighs even that.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:12:46
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Because I said it'd take 31% to hit the cap not 30%

So yes with 30% DW from trait you do fall 1% DW short of the ultimate delay cap in nin's build, not mine

However she then addressed that double march had higher values then wiki listed now, so the natural trait would be more than enough to put you over the 80% delay cap. Which is why she says to not wear delay gear, fair enough.

What I said though is that going double march is not optimal for DPS and you shouldn't be getting double march in the first place.

At which point you are saying "double march is greater because 30% DW gives you not enough to hit the cap according to your numbers"

In other words, not only is your statement nonsensical, but moronic.

Go through the actual math and figure out the overall tp rates of each, and then come back with some actual math. FYI I have it all posted in my OP.

So go through the OP itself and put in bold my math that was wrong, and feel free to fill in the correct values.

Until then, stop talking out of your *** and please stfu.
Well, since you're wanna bring up minuets, why not factor in fSTR and cRatio? If you're gonna do it, do it right, don't make an assumption looking at one piece of gear, and then a piece of gear you don't even know the correct value for.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:13:06
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ah, I must be thinking of Alcide's +1, Ithought it was the higher crit dmg+.

No matter, 81 dmg still significantly outweighs even that.
81 attack =/= 81 DMG, what are you smoking?
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:16:25
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:

Well, since you're wanna bring up minuets, why not factor in fSTR and cRatio? If you're gonna do it, do it right, don't make an assumption looking at one piece of gear, and then a piece of gear you don't even know the correct value for.

Because we're talking about a tp set you *** moron, not a WS set.

And with proper atmas 5% crit dmg is negligible. Do you understand the extreme amount of difference in dps between 5% crit dmg and 81(74) attack?

Hands down minuet is better. Period. It's not even a contest, the difference is substantial. It's not a "well they're pretty damn close".

My set has at least 5~6% higher dps. Is her set gimp? Nope. But my set mathematically IS optimal for maximizing damage. That is all.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:
Ramuh.Austar said:

Because we're talking about a tp set you *** moron, not a WS set.

And with proper atmas 5% crit dmg is negligible. Do you understand the extreme amount of difference in dps between 5% crit dmg and 81(74) attack?

Hands down minuet is better. Period. It's not even a contest, the difference is substantial. It's not a "well they're pretty damn close".

My set has at least 5~6% higher dps. Is her set gimp? Nope. But my set mathematically IS optimal for maximizing damage. That is all.
So prove it then. You do realize attack factors in to melee swings as well?
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-07-12 03:22:03
Link | Citer | R

I understand how FFXI gear is srsbsns, but if you guys get too feisty and resort to excessive name-calling and profanity, I'm going to have to ask you to leave this topic :/
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:28:31
Link | Citer | R

crit damage = +5% damage.

You'd need to have an increase of greater than 74 (Actual +dmg from the set as you are taking off flock earring, losing 7 attack, but gaining 81 fro mminuet) to your critical hits in order to raise the damage of critical hit's floor and roof to = +74 attack

In other words, you'd need to have swings capping at 1500 dmg (74/0.05) in order for 5% crit dmg to be favorable over 74 attack.

Toss in the fact even with atmas your crit rate is only about 90%, thus you don't even get the buff on 10% of your hits, and yes, 81 attack from minuet WAAAAAAAAAAY outweighs the +crit dmg of lokis.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:43:33
Link | Citer | R

It really doesn't once you factor in food and ***.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:47:39
Link | Citer | R

I thought I simplified it enough for you.

You don't crit all the time, which makes +5% crit damage even less effective as +74 attack, which augments both your normal swings AND your crit swings.

This means that not only do you need to do a crit of 1500 dmg before crit dmg+5% becomes more effective than 74 attack, but crit dmg+ becomes even less noticeable because it doesn't procc on every single hit, unlike 74 attack.

Figured it out yet? You're wrong, I have proved it mathematically several times with mountains of evidence, insurmountably.

Please for the love of god get it already.

Edit: Nice ninja edit there, can a mod unedit that so I can quote it and show what they originally posted, so I don't look like an idiot?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:48:43
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

You don't crit all the time, which makes +5% crit damage even less effective as +74 attack, which augments both your normal swings AND your crit swings.

This means that not only do you need to do a crit of 1500 dmg before crit dmg+5% becomes more effective than 74 attack, but crit dmg+ becomes even less noticeable because it doesn't procc on every single hit, unlike 74 attack.

Figured it out yet? You're wrong, I have proved it mathematically several times with mountains of evidence, insurmountably.

You haven't proved anything except that you can reach the delay cap with a single march. Show me some math showing that 74 attack makes you hit harder than 1K on a normal swing.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-12 03:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Urat said:

Edit: Nice ninja edit there, can a mod unedit that so I can quote it and show what they originally posted, so I don't look like an idiot?
Quoted the wrong ***, doesn't need to be unedited. You still haven't proved how 74 attack beats 5% crit damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Urat
By Quetzalcoatl.Urat 2011-07-12 03:50:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:

You haven't proved anything except that you can reach the delay cap with a single march. Show me some math showing that 74 attack makes you hit harder than 1K on a normal swing.

Where the hell did I say that minuet makes you do more than 1K in a swing? Never.

I said it makes you deal higher dps than crit dmg+5%

My god you are either a troll or truly out of your league here kid.
By Creecreelo 2011-07-12 03:50:57
Link | Citer | R

Simple Fix:

Brd gets Daurdabla! :D

Then we can let the 2-handers (Ukon Wars especially! @.@) and Urat Dnc's be happy!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19