You would most certainly not be wrong in that thought Anye lol
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-21 18:06:38
Link | Citer | R

Ooh grats on 59 Anye, almost there!

When I made this topic I was hoping I'd get some thoughts from people with better knowlege of the math behind the game, so thank you for that guys.

I figured while I am unable to play ( and bored because of it ) I might as well set out a couple goals to aim at when I can finally get back on lol
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-21 18:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
So in that light, mythril grip +1 > pole grip?
No. Keep in mind this is still a relative thing; you're not going to get a ~2% total increase out of Mythril +1 unless your accuracy is lacking. Quantities matter. EDIT: Same deal for Platinum +1. Get your accuracy elsewhere. If you are using an OAX weapon for whatever reason though, Platinum +1 does have some utility value from the stun. See: 75 SAM/DNC solo with Soboro using Platinum +1.
Quote:
and Rose strap > all? or...? (-edit- for WAR)
Rose Strap is a fairly efficient means of maintaining an x-hit, so situationally yes, as dropping a hit to WS is more powerful than 2 DA.
I think I need to take DD lessons from you. Took me a couple of rereads to get all that. Also, whenever I hear "situational," I think, almost instantly, "less inventory." :<
I think you'll be just fine with 2 jobs :P
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-21 18:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Also, whenever I hear "situational," I think, almost instantly, "less inventory." :<
Welcome to my world :<
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-21 18:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Ooh grats on 59 Anye, almost there!
Thanks! :D Slowly but surely ^^;

Odin.Sheelay said:
When I made this topic I was hoping I'd get some thoughts from people with better knowlege of the math behind the game, so thank you for that guys.

I figured while I am unable to play ( and bored because of it ) I might as well set out a couple goals to aim at when I can finally get back on lol

I DO THIS ALL DAY AT SCHOOL. I swear, it wakes me up, I don't know why thinking about FFXI wakes me up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-21 18:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Anye, on the topic of grips:

sword strap is better if it does not break your X-hit build. If using sword strap breaks your X-hit build, then use pole grip; however, if the StoreTP from Rose strap allows you to/or you need it to reach a lower X-hit build, then Rose strap would be better.

^ Those are the 3 main ones. Although as Nightfyre stated, platinum grip +1 may provide some utility value from the stun effect, If you are using an OAX weapon.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-21 18:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ruklin said:
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
WAR zerg isn't about hitting fast, its about hitting hard... Go /SAM, get 300 TP Full buffs Sekka > KJ > KJ > Icarus Wing > KJ > Med > KJ. You don't need good TP gear, you need good WS gear. If you are in abyssea, get the Atma of Raized Ruin and Sanguine Scythe.
That second ws should really be a Warrior's Charged Steel Cyclone since you'll be at 200% TP after the 1st WS.

If you consider the time loss from using a JA mid 2hr and swapping to yet another Set macro it's best to simply spam the same WS, especially since the only reason you'd be using KJ > SC would be to self Skillchain (hard to accomplish when everyone is going all out in 30 seconds)

You should definitely use War Charge, but before engaging so you can have it go off on the 1st WS.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-10-21 18:48:09
Link | Citer | R

In a zerg you still wouldn't want to use King's Justice, as the animation takes too long. You have the ability to put out several hundred more damage points on WS with it over Raging Rush, but the length of time it takes for you to stop being in the animation shortens the duration of time you will be striking with regular hits. Also, as people already pointed out, using an OAT weapon, even the Fort axe is a bad idea. You get more hits in, but they're all weaker, and so much so that it even has a hard time equaling a high base damage. Besides, if you're going for multiple hits in a zerg, use dual wield. I personally enjoy dual wield swords, as Vorpal Blade > Rampage. With the current swords I use, Organics + Bloodsword, I crit for 170~220 depending on the mob, and imagine that times 4 with a lower delay than Gaxe. I also output Vorpal's for about 1700 fairly consistently, particularly in Abyssea. I'm interested in a Critical hit damage + build, but I'm not sure if it'd be advantageous because of having to subsistute so many slots for a +3% Crit damage. So far with a Cavaros Mantle + Brave Grip, I haven't really noticed a difference in critical hits outside of abyssea, and I don't really notice a difference on my RRs. I'm still attempting to get things to make a build similar to yours, and if you've liked/agreed with anything I have said I'll let you know how it goes when I get the pieces. Also sorry I can't provide math, I just go off of personal experience. The calculations are nice though I'm sure.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-10-21 19:10:07
Link | Citer | R

Animation length be damned, KJ can't crit and RR can. You can possibly get the same damage RR while not under Mighty Strikes if they all naturally crit. As for the animation, I have never noticed a difference in the number of WS's I can get off while MS is up. I am pretty sure the animation length doesn't matter anyways, as I have landed a hit just a few seconds after using Drakesbane on DRG, and that is a wicked-long WS animation. Even if it does, KJ preforms much better than RR under zerg situations in anything I have ever done.

Only time I generally use SC is 250+ TP, otherwise our other multi-hits seem to pull out better, especially since KJ has a TP = more damage modifier.. though SC may do comparable as KJ @ 200TP.

Seeing as how I am just mashing WS macros I really don't mind to much about hitting my Warrior's Charge macro in the middle of Mighty Strikes, seeing as how I am just gonna eat an Iccy Wing and hit KJ again, but to each their own.

As for the grip debate, for a zerg like this use brave grip. The whole Pole vs Sword vs Rose is reserved for general-use DDing. Giazz hit it on the nose with how to use each one correctly.
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2010-10-21 21:48:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Ragnarok.Ruklin said:
Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
WAR zerg isn't about hitting fast, its about hitting hard... Go /SAM, get 300 TP Full buffs Sekka > KJ > KJ > Icarus Wing > KJ > Med > KJ. You don't need good TP gear, you need good WS gear. If you are in abyssea, get the Atma of Raized Ruin and Sanguine Scythe.
That second ws should really be a Warrior's Charged Steel Cyclone since you'll be at 200% TP after the 1st WS.
If you consider the time loss from using a JA mid 2hr and swapping to yet another Set macro it's best to simply spam the same WS, especially since the only reason you'd be using KJ > SC would be to self Skillchain (hard to accomplish when everyone is going all out in 30 seconds) You should definitely use War Charge, but before engaging so you can have it go off on the 1st WS.
Actually the reason for doing SC on the second WS is because after using sekkanoki (if starting at 300% TP) you'll have 200% and no matter how good you think your KJ build is, SC will out damage it at 200% TP every time. whether you use Charge or not. and i typically use it directly after the KJ ws so in actuallity no time is really lost cuz you can hit your Charge macro and then go straight into SC. it takes 1 extra second and is well worth the dmg increase. the skillchain is negligable lol. The "time lost" is the 1 second it takes to use the JA which is nothing on a Gaxe.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-21 22:03:32
Link | Citer | R

If you want to take advantage of Steel Cyclone then you might as well do it at 300 tp when it actually becomes more powerful than KJ.

SC gets a 3.0 tp multiplier at 300 tp and drops to 1.75 at 200 tp VS KJ's 1.75 at 300 tp and 1.5 at 200 tp.

That's why most people used to combine SC with Warrior Charge at 250 tp with Savagery before Sekka became available and all..
In a zerg situation though, unless you SC > KJ ( which still makes a skillchain ) you won't achieve such a great bonus from the use of SC.