users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Sch nuking head
Sch nuking head
Serveur: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-10-17 15:02:54
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to bug you guys but I have a slight problem. Now that I have the af3 hat +1 for my black mage I'm thinking of changing the augments of my "A Moggle Kupo d'Etat" hat to some that helps my resting gear.

My problem is if I do that then my sch losses its hat for nuking (in the end I never got a af2 hat for sch). So if you were in my position would you:

a. Keep the moggle hat the way it is and live without the /heal bouns.

b. Change the hat and buy a new hat for sch nuking. (if this what would you buy?)

c. Change the hat and just nuke in af1 untill a better hat comes along. (by nm drops or if I get the af2 hat someday) (I realy don't think this is a good option but then again im asking for opinions so who knows I may be wrong)

If you have any other options plz let me know of them as well. Thank you in advance for your help.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Nizhoni
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Nizhoni 2010-10-17 15:07:59
Link | Citer | R

Darn XD Beat me to it, have to agree, teal hat with INT+6 is a nice option
 Shiva.Dopple
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Dopple 2010-10-17 15:08:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
If you wanna change it, Teal Chapeau works fine.

I agree, Teal Chapeau will fill this slot very nicely.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-10-17 15:12:18
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't nuke in AF2 hat even if you had one, except possibly if you're nuking something highly resistant.

If what you're doing is primarily Abyssea, I'd keep the Selenian Cap the way it is since HMP is increasingly worthless in there. With Atma, Convert, Refresh, Martellos and temporary items I often find I spend literally zero time resting. Besides, there are other options for HMP for your BLM (Goliard Chapeau, Oracle's Cap to name a couple). The difference in 1HMP between those and Selenian cap is, at least in my mind, worth the trade off for keeping a top quality nuking hat for your SCH.

If you do decide to change your augments, nuke in Teal Chapeau. You might want to have one of these anyway since it's generally agreed that it's the best head piece for helices.
 Bahamut.Nizhoni
By Bahamut.Nizhoni 2010-10-17 15:12:45
Link | Citer | R

Also to note its excellent as well for helixes, not just for nukes.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-17 15:16:28
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't use it for magery at all really. For nuking hecates is slightly stroner though less accurate. Teal is slightly more accurate but a little less dmg. Hydra/goliard have just 1 less hmp than you can get on the MKE.

With sch and blm being your only high lvl jobs I'd probably just keep it for nuking. Less effort and the slight increase for dmg is actually useful and conserve mp would help more than 1 hmp.

If you actually use your sch for main healing/support I'd put cure potency and -emnity on it since that would be a decently bigger increase over other options for that compared to nuking/hmp increases
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-10-17 15:37:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I wouldn't use it for magery at all really. For nuking hecates is slightly stroner though less accurate. Teal is slightly more accurate but a little less dmg. Hydra/goliard have just 1 less hmp than you can get on the MKE.

With sch and blm being your only high lvl jobs I'd probably just keep it for nuking. Less effort and the slight increase for dmg is actually useful and conserve mp would help more than 1 hmp.

If you actually use your sch for main healing/support I'd put cure potency and -emnity on it since that would be a decently bigger increase over other options for that compared to nuking/hmp increases
well one of the problems is.... I don't have a way to get those +2 hmp head pieces... don't realy do znms anymore.... or have a nyzul static atm... nor do I do tav on a regular bases.

You do have a very good point that I didn't think of... healing/support... I might just change the augments to that as it would be more effective. Only problem with that would be that I don't go on sch that often so it may not be worth it.

In any case thank you everyone who has posted. With your advice I think I can have a solution to my problem.
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-10-17 15:43:37
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
I wouldn't nuke in AF2 hat even if you had one, except possibly if you're nuking something highly resistant.

Well from what I can see one of the only drawbacks to sch nuking over blm nuking is magic acc. I figured getting more magic acc gear for sch would overall have better damage over time (in most cases) because resist rates would be low.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-17 15:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Well from what I can see one of the only drawbacks to sch nuking over blm nuking is magic acc. I figured getting more magic acc gear for sch would overall have better damage over time (in most cases) because resist rates would be low.
Granted I only been like T1-2 abyssea nms but my rdm has capped macc on them regardless of subjob nuking. With dark arts can get even more. And of course I nuke in max dmg. Granted my head has 10 skill with its 5 int but that's getting replaced once I get af3+1.

At 75 I nuked say Tinnin and most T3 znms and alot of gods fine on rdm too. And we all know sch has more skill than rdm lol
 Cerberus.Zandra
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-10-17 15:55:12
Link | Citer | R

AF+1 is a great hat, but depending on what other jobs you use teal may be better, I have no inventory space as is, so the +1 int you gain from teal isn't worth the inventory loss to me, esp when AF+1 enhances sublimation and has MP too.
 Shiva.Kollosis
Serveur: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-10-20 16:34:53
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

This is true to an extent, but with the recent lvl increases Macc hasnt been much of an issue, for me at least. As long as you carry decent gear to nuke in, you should be fine without the AF2 head.
By Agarak 2010-10-22 05:51:05
Link | Citer | R

As long as resists aren´t an issue I nuke in SCH AF3+1 (don´t have +2 now) cuz T4/5 only goes off with ebullience active. The +5% to DMG with ebullience is awesome.
Should the rare case happen that I don´t have any strategem I nuke in Teal.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-11-08 17:19:10
Link | Citer | R

hecate crown the best hands down, and -2 magic acc it's not relevant, stacked with Vicious Mufflers hq staffs and moldy earring/ugg pendant + elemental obis, with ebullienced nukes can pretty much out dd any blm out there like i used to do

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.