Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Stuck at 57 :(
Stuck at 57 :(
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-10-17 00:27:33
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand, everyone plays different, with lsmates who all take things down differently. My war is perfectly suited for what we do. So no, its not fact, sorry.
[+]
 Caitsith.Raolin
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Raolin
By Caitsith.Raolin 2010-10-17 00:31:03
Link | Citer | R

It blows my mind that, even though the info is everywhere, people still think they're the exception to the rule.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-17 00:34:10
Link | Citer | R

If everyone plays different then why pretend to teach someone how to play or even assume their gear choices are bad when you don't know their playstile.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-10-17 00:38:37
Link | Citer | R

When did this become about not me? /epicpoutingface
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-17 00:40:01
Link | Citer | R

Ikr?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-17 00:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Anye said:
When did this become about not me? /epicpoutingface
Since darki cesil Korpg Gaea... Hmmm nvm I have no idea what happened
[+]
 Bismarck.Enzoe
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2010-10-17 01:08:02
Link | Citer | R

campsitarus.blogspot.com helps.

Key whoring abyssea is not so bad. Don't feel bad about doing it, you spend all your time and crour opening chests with little or no time to cast a spell or swing a sword anyway.

War is not so bad in colibri parties.

On Bismark right now I just typed /sea all invite 55-70 and found all the elements needed to put a decent colibri party together. Tank, healer, fighter, and support are available.

Making parties is always a winner. My best tip on that is to look out for mages and tanks, but to start with the tank. Getting tank last, or starting a party while no tank is available, is the most likely cause of a fail to create party scenario.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2010-10-17 01:53:10
Link | Citer | R

I think by making the level requirement 30 for abyssea, SE really screwed any form of anything outside abyssea. If the cap would have been 75 for abyssea, I think it would actually be helpfull to many other aspects of the game (crystals, crafting mats, etc...). Just my opinion.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-17 02:02:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Quipto said:
If the cap would have been 75 for abyssea, I think it would actually be helpfull to many other aspects of the game (crystals, crafting mats, etc...). Just my opinion.
Seriously 2k for a stack of wind crystals I was buying at 300-400 a few months ago...
 Bahamut.Drevin
By Bahamut.Drevin 2010-10-17 02:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
/sigh, but that's like, $10 per expansion... whereas once all 3 come out, Vana'diel Collection will be like, $10, and I'll be able to get each at $3.33.... :3
Odin.Sheelay said:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Field_Manual You can check all the alternative camps and decide which to go for.
I deeeeeeeed. ;_; Only options for both skill and EXP are Xarcabard and Western Altepa Desert. I died 7 times last night in Western Altepa Desert, hovering around 9k TNL. Still there after dying in a crap EXP party this morning, but getting an R3 from a Pixie. <_>
Lol, I just bought the expansion, my dad came to me at the end of the month and said "WTF I got a charge on my bank account from square enix for 24$?" so I responded with "omg I'm going to call them and figure out wtf is going on". Yeaaa...
this is so me >_>

ninja edit: since we're no longer making this about Anye
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-10-17 02:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Enzoe said:

speaking of, have yall seen that its not gonna be updated anymore? was kinda sad at that, i hope it stays up though and doesnt pull and ffxidats =/
 Shiva.Phioness
Serveur: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2010-10-17 03:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Time = Money
Buying the expansion now will save you huge amounts of time lvling your warrior (key it up to 85 then get the skillups in aby). With all that saved time you could go make some money to make up for the extra 20 bucks you spent getting the expansion. But i take it your gonna be a cheapskate, or don't have a job (or man) to pay for your stuff. Then when you finally get the expansion, your gonna be pissed for not getting it sooner and having wasted countless hours doing FoV and other grueling lvl up methods. Work 3 extra hours at your job, open a lemonade stand, recycle bottles, just do something besides being cheap. Or keep spending days lvling your job, in what takes some people only hours to accomplish.
Once Again Time=Money
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-10-17 05:13:48
Link | Citer | R

Anye

Look me up in game and I'll help you out if I'm not busy :D
[+]
 Asura.Nususu
Serveur: Asura
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2010-10-17 13:27:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Anye I have some level 40ish jobs if you wanna sync. I can show you the light on warrior too. Saw you at AH one day with ur WAR and I QQ'ed a little.

/looks at profile
/lolzuchetto
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-17 13:43:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nususu said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Anye I have some level 40ish jobs if you wanna sync. I can show you the light on warrior too. Saw you at AH one day with ur WAR and I QQ'ed a little.

/looks at profile
/lolzuchetto

no it's ok because his ls does things differently

haste is bad if you use the Harpunnik method

hitting it too fast clearly feeds it too much tp

[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-17 13:44:31
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Asura.Nususu said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

/looks at profile
/lolzuchetto

And by adding STR and attack you also make sure every hit deals better damage!!! Why haven't I ever thought about it!
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-10-17 13:45:20
Link | Citer | R

I was unsure of Abby myself. But if you want wicked xp and quick skill ups it is the way to go.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-17 13:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Asura.Nususu said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:

/looks at profile
/lolzuchetto

And by adding STR and attack you also make sure every hit deals better damage!!! Why haven't I ever thought about it!

plus, the Stp above and beyond what you need for a 6 hit is excellent for waltzes and sambas when you're subbing /dnc!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2010-10-17 13:52:17
Link | Citer | R

Inb4 "haste takes time to proc"
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-17 14:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
If the cap would have been 75 for abyssea, I think it would actually be helpfull to many other aspects of the game (crystals, crafting mats, etc...). Just my opinion.
Seriously 2k for a stack of wind crystals I was buying at 300-400 a few months ago...
Buy them in the home nations? o_O
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-10-17 14:59:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Phioness said:
Time = Money
Buying the expansion now will save you huge amounts of time lvling your warrior (key it up to 85 then get the skillups in aby). With all that saved time you could go make some money to make up for the extra 20 bucks you spent getting the expansion. But i take it your gonna be a cheapskate, or don't have a job (or man) to pay for your stuff. Then when you finally get the expansion, your gonna be pissed for not getting it sooner and having wasted countless hours doing FoV and other grueling lvl up methods. Work 3 extra hours at your job, open a lemonade stand, recycle bottles, just do something besides being cheap. Or keep spending days lvling your job, in what takes some people only hours to accomplish.
Once Again Time=Money

I don't think lving up this way is what OP needs.
OP already mentioned about skill up, abby burn to 85 will make skill gimp, in the end you still need to spend time to skill up, plus your acc would be terrible in abby pt when you're trying to skill up in abby pt later, and terrible acc=less EXP/hr + everyone in pt gonna /rage.

With 5hr of playing time a week abby pt is also kinda too long IMO.

Bismarck.Enzoe said:

Making parties is always a winner. My best tip on that is to look out for mages and tanks, but to start with the tank. Getting tank last, or starting a party while no tank is available, is the most likely cause of a fail to create party scenario.

If it's colibri pt I've heard no tank is needed for this kind of pt, just 3 DDs /NIN, much like 75 merit pt setup and kill as fast as possible. I think it's worth a try. I've done lv 37 colibri pt with no tank and it worked just fine.

Personally I'm also having hard time finding a pt for lving subjobs, so I can feel your pain. :(

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-10-17 15:03:23
Link | Citer | R

Lower jobs are tougher now to find parties for. Abby parties are easy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-18 00:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Enzoe said:

Key whoring abyssea is not so bad. Don't feel bad about doing it, you spend all your time and crour opening chests with little or no time to cast a spell or swing a sword anyway.

On Bismark right now I just typed /sea all invite 55-70 and found all the elements needed to put a decent colibri party together. Tank, healer, fighter, and support are available.

tank?

for a colibri party.

is that some kind of joke
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-10-18 00:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Enzoe said:

Have you been in Waj. Woodlands/Tickets since the Trials were introduced? Good luck fighting over alliances when it hits wind/firesday or whatever other trials that need birds.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-18 00:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Buy them in the home nations? o_O
Lol where do you think I'm paying 2k for them at? Actually jueno ends up being cheaper most the time
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-18 00:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Bismarck.Enzoe said:

tank?

for a colibri party.

is that some kind of joke

Need a tank if your DDs are too gimp to kill things fast enough. Which is a fairly common issue apparently- the good players are all in abyssea.. :x
 Cerberus.Heavendragon
By Cerberus.Heavendragon 2010-10-18 02:55:47
Link | Citer | R

Its Abyssea that ruins the game. If they would make it taht it is 75+ all would be fine. Than normal partys will survive. Now the days everyone can have every job because of Abyssea. Just leech a few hours and you have a high level more. The problem i see is, that these ppl cant play these leeched jobs very well.

Abyssea is cool. No question. But it REALY should be level 75+ -.-
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-18 03:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Heavendragon said:
Its Abyssea that ruins the game. If they would make it taht it is 75+ all would be fine. Than normal partys will survive. Now the days everyone can have every job because of Abyssea. Just leech a few hours and you have a high level more. The problem i see is, that these ppl cant play these leeched jobs very well.

TOAU Level Sync AFBurn Abyssea is the cause of gimps.

Jesus Christ on a moped, quit bitching about easy exp. Your argument is old, tired, unamusing, and most importantly stupid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-18 03:34:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Heavendragon said:

TOAU Level Sync AFBurn Abyssea is the cause of gimps.

Jesus Christ on a moped, quit bitching about easy exp. Your argument is old, tired, unamusing, and most importantly stupid.
Idk... tonight I did an abyssea pt cause I wanted to skill up bow since I'm a gun rng. Well and get 85 back lol.

I showed up with 126 skill and a cobra bow. No one noticed or said anything. And yes I so did use piercing arrow lol. As soon as I got sidewinder I started doing alot more than the other rng there and the only person that could hope to keep hate off me was a drk from my ls. He kinda joked when I had to dumped merits that he was glad I was back so we could Co-tank. Once he left I was burning utsesmi like a mad man... yes I had to /nin at that point cause my dmg was actually starting to get somewhat respectable as I got into the 200s skill.

Now do you think there was anyways that could've happened xping on anything near your lvl before lol?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-18 03:38:16
Link | Citer | R

People with gimp skills in exp parties at 75? Hold on, let me go dig up a dozen screenshots of gimp SAMs thinking they could skill up with Soboro in merit parties.
[+]