Amano Still Worth It?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Amano still worth it?
Amano still worth it?
 Ragnarok.Daffel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-02-27 07:28:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
so from the gist of whats being discussed, forget Yoichi, Amano beats Masa on the active 2.5x dmg without Aftermath. and at 99 Amano obliterates Masa?

Or am i reading wrong?

As for the Mythic, its nothing i considered, may do but for now id just like to see which is the better of the 2 Amano and masa :)

Thanks

I'm sorry but I would need to see proof of this, I heard the buffs are nice but comparing 99 amano to 90? masa is pretty obvious it would win.

Masa/amano at the same levels are incredibly close if not favoring masa. Amano pulls ahead if acc is needed.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-02-27 07:51:14
Link | Citer | R

As an added point, the alex stage of a mythic is the hardest but its not the only giant pain in the ***. Finding people to do nyzul isle, assaults and ein is a nightmare if you dont have a group already or already have it done (back from 75).

I just think unless you can sync the time into a mythic as well then masa/amano or yoichi are the way forward. Never meant to ignore yoichi as its a fantastic weapon but I have never /rng'ed so far more inexperianced with that.
By Quiznor 2012-02-27 07:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
As an added point, the alex stage of a mythic is the hardest but its not the only giant pain in the ***. Finding people to do nyzul isle, assaults and ein is a nightmare if you dont have a group already or already have it done (back from 75).

I just think unless you can sync the time into a mythic as well then masa/amano or yoichi are the way forward. Never meant to ignore yoichi as its a fantastic weapon but I have never /rng'ed so far more inexperianced with that.

no pain,no gain!

But I can understand how offputting it is to the bored housewives of ffxi now that 75 has come and gone.

tl'dr: do w/e you want,im just throwing in my 2 cents trying to help out \o/
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-02-27 08:25:13
Link | Citer | R

@Quiznor - Hey mate i meant no disrespect by what i said. I was just curious about the options i listed. No doubt Mythic is the better weapon of all 3. Just takes forever to make and the Alexandrite doesnt bother me toooo much, case of farming and buying as you see em, not like money is hard to get these days :s

And if you dont need the ACC from amano then im assuming they are pretty equal on footing? least thats the gist im getting. And Shoha cant benefit from either the 2.5 or ODD so yeah in the end it seems it boils down to if you need the ACC or not and if you dont, then they pretty equal.

Only factor favouring Amano is the always active 2.5x that i can see for shoha spam, where as Masa requires fudo use.

With that said if you have a 95 Masa making a 95 Amano is somewhat hmmm how should i put it situational at the very best. Would be better making the Yoichi instead or indeed if time patience and life allows a mythic 0.o
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-27 08:28:40
Link | Citer | R

On almost everything worth discussing, you'll be using the Acc from Amano.

It's more than you'll be using, but IIRC SAM doesn't TP in a lot of ACC to begin with.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-02-27 08:36:56
Link | Citer | R

Also, Amano looks better.
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-02-27 08:40:58
Link | Citer | R

Amano FTW.. The always active extra damage from the relic's is better than empy's(outside abyssea for sure not sure about inside TBH). I don't like to rely on aftermath to have the chance at proccing. They upped the proc rate at 95 anyways and now 99 has 40% WS damage. I only have my yoichi mainly for ranger but the next relic I'm making is Amano.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-02-27 09:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Quiznor said: »
Ragnarok.Daffel said: »

no pain,no gain!

But I can understand how offputting it is to the bored housewives of ffxi now that 75 has come and gone.

tl'dr: do w/e you want,im just throwing in my 2 cents trying to help out \o/

I totally agree with this but knowing your limits is also important. I know for a fact I would not have the patience for a mythic (looked long and hard at yagrush) If I had achieved more in assault and nyzul isle back in the day I would of been more encouraged to head down that route.

Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »
Amano FTW.. The always active extra damage from the relic's is better than empy's(outside abyssea for sure not sure about inside TBH). I don't like to rely on aftermath to have the chance at proccing. They upped the proc rate at 95 anyways and now 99 has 40% WS damage. I only have my yoichi mainly for ranger but the next relic I'm making is Amano.

Just to deal with this isn't it 40% total from 75-99? not 40% from doing the 95-99% trial. So its only a 15% boost from 95-99?
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-02-27 09:45:51
Link | Citer | R

kinda funny peoples opinons keeps changing every lvl increase lol, now that its at 99 idk whats going on anymore....

should just be a emp vs relic forum, >_>
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2012-02-27 09:48:05
Link | Citer | R

when you guys say 40% ws dmg, do you mean for just that ws or all ws's? >_>
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-27 09:58:40
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »

The level 99 Amano has a 40% boost on Kaiten, but the boost is off of the base weapon skill. Keep in mind it already receives a 25% boost over the base at level 95, so it's actaully only a 15% boost over the standard 95 version most serious owners already have.

It is only a boost to Kaiten. Not other ws'es.
 Asura.Yoyou
Serveur: Asura
user: poff
By Asura.Yoyou 2012-02-27 10:00:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Only reasons not to finish Amano are:
1. you don't have the gil for the currency,
2. you don't want to grind the Magian Trials required to bump the relic from its lvl 75 version up to the newer lvl 85 version, or
3. you don't really want the weapon in the first place.

Comparing a Relic weapon to an Empyrean weapon is comparing apples to oranges.

Sorry but the STR on Masa really says "HEY HELLO" when it comes to Shoha, the only way Masa would be really inferior is where you do not keep AM up for your DoT (and ofc where it is underlevel against amano something like 85 vs 95 which is quite common but the 10 STR still helps alot)

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »

Kaiten , Kaiten , Kaiten , Kaiten , Kaiten
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-02-27 10:05:52
Link | Citer | R

This horse has been beat to death.

99 Masa > 99 Amano > 95 Masa > 90 Masa > 95 Amano > 85 Masa > 90 Amano

Edit: There are low ACC situations where Amano99 > Masa99 but those are extremely few and might not exist at this point. SAM sits on a 60+% Zanshin rate and TPs in a nice chunk of ACC.

With how rare HMPs are at the moment if you can 99 Amano by all means do it. If Arch DL is out of your reach then Masa90 is an easy alternative that will top 95 Amano.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-02-27 10:10:08
Link | Citer | R

Just got home,and re-read everything.Sorry if I came across as insulting or anything,wasnt my intention \o/
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-27 13:04:57
Link | Citer | R

[quote='Ragnarok.Baconchips' pid=1775116]Amano FTW.. The always active extra damage from the relic's is better than empy's(outside abyssea for sure not sure about inside TBH). I don't like to rely on aftermath to have the chance at proccing. They upped the proc rate at 95 anyways and now 99 has 40% WS damage. I only have my yoichi mainly for ranger but the next relic I'm making is Amano.[/quote]

yoichi for rng. ;/
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-02-27 19:13:10
Link | Citer | R

Sam/rng is really fun with Yoichi!
 Shiva.Schatzie
Serveur: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-28 07:28:16
Link | Citer | R

heres an idea, farm dyna, sell coins, 95 masa, be a boss.

rinse repeat to 99. besides masa looks better
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-28 07:38:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »
Sam/rng is really fun with Yoichi!

Sam/war is even better! Or at least, that's my working theory. It's what everyone else with a clue seems to do. Not a lot of acc issues from what I've noticed, and situations where there would be, you'll be in the mob's face anyhow with your great katana.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-28 07:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Schatzie said: »
heres an idea, farm dyna, sell coins, 95 masa, be a boss. rinse repeat to 99. besides masa looks better

It's a buyer's market right now on currency, and a seller's market on plates/cinder/dross (and Alex). Still an ok plan, but be aware your effort:reward might be a little thrown off as things go on.
 Shiva.Schatzie
Serveur: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-02-28 07:45:23
Link | Citer | R

might vary from server to server, give or take. too many variables like population, still nothing stopping one from getting a huge chunk of change once they get used to new dyna.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-02-28 08:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Schatzie said: »
heres an idea, farm dyna, sell coins, 95 masa, be a boss.

rinse repeat to 99. besides masa looks better
Or you could just get both (+ Kogarasumaru if you really are into SAM, I think that in 2012 anyone playing SAM seriously should be on the path to get one by now, whichever step they are on).

Unless pimping SAM (read: having the tools for every single situation, period) isn't your goal, then Masamune is for you. Simple flowchart is simple.

From my perspective, the only cockblock about mythic is the Alexandrite part, nothing else. Any casual back in the 75 days must have at least done 50% of each requirements without wanting to do so, it's not hard/that long now at 99 to do the remaining 50% for each.

And well, what else do you want to do in this game nowadays, really? :/ There is no reason not to do mythics. I agree that some requirements need to be either adjusted in the way you clear them, or in number, but people should still be on the road nonetheless.

Coming from someone who made Amano > Masamune and now Yoichi following with Kogarasumaru. If you love SAM, you only choose the order to get these weapon, not which weapons you are doing. Go big or go home!
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-02-28 08:23:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Uzugami said: »
Been debating atm, I have stage3 gkt atm (lolstage3) about half way done with stage4 (Have Attestation of Decisiveness and Necropsyche already, just missing fragment). But with Masamune out and all, is it even worth finishing/continuing?

No. Totally stop. The thing you thought you wanted, you don't anymore, despite being a very good chunk into it. Just toss it. Trust me: I know you.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-02-28 08:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
the only cockblock about mythic is the Alexandrite part

One hell of a *** block.

It varies server to server, I know, but on Bismarck, there is just no Alex to be had. I NEVER see it in casual bazaars like you do currency/plates/cinder/etc., and if you find any in Rolanberry it's at least double what it cost even months ago.

I'd go so far as to say that it's really not an option at all unless you're doing Salvage yourself every day. All the other requirements are stupid easy now, but the Alex just does not drop at a rate to make it even REMOTELY reasonable to any but the most hardcore of players.

Even if you have a dedicated group to go and/or are able to effectively tribox it will take you a full year, just about, to get the Alex yourself.

But Bismarck seems to be like...the worst server for Alex. I hear people from other servers say they regularly see it for 6k/pop in bazaars. I'd make a Mythic myself it that were the case where I am. =\
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-02-28 15:54:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:
the only cockblock about mythic is the Alexandrite part

One hell of a *** block.

It varies server to server, I know, but on Bismarck, there is just no Alex to be had. I NEVER see it in casual bazaars like you do currency/plates/cinder/etc., and if you find any in Rolanberry it's at least double what it cost even months ago.

I'd go so far as to say that it's really not an option at all unless you're doing Salvage yourself every day. All the other requirements are stupid easy now, but the Alex just does not drop at a rate to make it even REMOTELY reasonable to any but the most hardcore of players.

Even if you have a dedicated group to go and/or are able to effectively tribox it will take you a full year, just about, to get the Alex yourself.

But Bismarck seems to be like...the worst server for Alex. I hear people from other servers say they regularly see it for 6k/pop in bazaars. I'd make a Mythic myself it that were the case where I am. =\
I usually see them between 11 and 30k but always in very low quantity. At this point, I'm considering paying this kind of price without any problem, as long as I can progress with this part of the quest. I just hope SE wakes up and does something about the supply.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-02-29 02:38:11
Link | Citer | R

this is the problem with building a mythic on bismark, you dont even see the Alex's. They are so rare on this server its like its been outlaw'd or something. The Alex are pretty much the block, without realising as you have stated im well over 50% of the way there, but the Alex is without a doubt the block.

And with virtually none existing on Bismark at this present time, its the biggest issue at present....
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-02-29 04:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Building a mythic is not "easy" on any server, on Rag the price of alex varies usually from about 15-20k (To go the farm route and get it done in a reasonable amount of time you need slaves). Also while it is the biggest *** blocking part you still need to find people to do assault and nyzul isle with you unless you trip box. When people are building a mythic the time it takes to collect all the alex its usually expected that they finish up the nyzul/***/ein stages but these are still MASSIVE time sinks.

Edit: This is due to the 1 tag per day which does a fantastic job of slowing progress down =/

While I dont disagree with Quiznor or Senkyuutai's point of shoot for the moon I find that it should not be viewed as a goal for everyone.

Only the hardest of hardcore players need apply. Understand one thing though, if you sink all that time into a mythic (and the people who help you) and fail to use it properly you will become a laughing stock on your server. Jealousy is an ugly thing. I think if I ever finish masa I will be contempt there and not worry about the situations where mythic smashes it and relic edges it.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-02-29 04:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Depend what you mean by "using properly". While I'm 1000 miles away from what I expected my Amano SAM to be, everything is planned. You shouldn't worry about others' opinion as long as you don't sabotage their gameplay. Took me some time before answering VW shouts but down the road, when you can finally answer said shouts, there is a night/day difference between you and the usual pickup guy.

As for finding people, I have 0 problem finding people to do any of the Mythic requirements. I'm pretty sure you can find them if you look closely, though, you won't find these people in any "hardcore" LS.
The only downside is that you'll most likely be giving up on Marrows and VW gear for this, but you can always get this later. At least that's what I'm hoping for myself *cough*

No reason to blush if you only have Masamune though, but in my opinion, finding reasons not to do Kogarasumaru when you are hardcore about SAM is plain wrong. Once upon a time, Amano (or Yoichi) was the end of the line, Kogara now is, that's all there is to it.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2012-02-29 05:03:51
Link | Citer | R

My last comment was not aimed at anyone it was just pointing out other possible issues for people looking at starting a mythic. Especially if they have very little done in the WG shiz. (Had a friend start recently who didn't know he needed Captain to start the quest...)

While the gear comment was more about people understanding that a mythic would require slightly different gear requirements from the norm. (I could only assume would need a AM3 down tp set, AM3 up tp set, rana WS set and shoha set)

So having the hardest to get weapon and being the badest *** mofo around people expect you to be geared like it. The time it takes to get marrows/VW gear will seem like a heartbeat compared to finishing the 75 but people will judge you furiously until then. So not giving a ***is important and understanding what you need to do to move forward.

Another possible issue is people may have other jobs they would prefer a mythic on where SAM is not the only main they have. (YAGRUSH!!!) Just saying you dont need to be working on a mythic to be hardcore into SAM :p
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-02-29 05:05:24
Link | Citer | R

I personally think Masamune at 99 will beat out Amano. 20 strength is alot, and you can always make up the acc on weaponskill sets. And they will both take about the same time to 99. heavy metal is 120 on our server, lucky if you find a 100. SO it's about 200-230 million gil to 99 your masamune.
 Phoenix.Evildemon
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-16 23:49:11
Link | Citer | R

Ok.... So that leads to, if your doing a yoichi (not that I am, just curious) would you want a masamune or amano to go with it? Keeping in mind this is for times when you want to use namas not other ws's. Because if your not using namas shouldn't be tping in bow obviously.