Will PLD Be Useful Again At Lvl 99?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 24 25 26
 Siren.Stewie
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Stewie
By Siren.Stewie 2010-10-12 23:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Piraal said:
Bahamut.Aiyana said:
Diabolos.Piraal said:
well yeah, i'm talking about top geared sam, war, or mnk, compared to top geared ninja'a, all those other jobs will kill ninja, sure I know some good ninja's that will do ok versus your avg. sam(we all know there a dime a dozen, and most don't know what there doing), but top geared players, ninja can't keep up, i'm sorry, but its true.
Outdated. MNK got some INSANE boosts from Abyssea to make it a huge competitor. However war and sam got.. Close to nothing by comparison. WAR still pulls ahead with crit WS synergy and crit atma and SAM pretty much needs Tachi: Fudo to measure up. With enough Dual Wield and haste, NIN attack speed is so blindingly fast that it may even be detrimental to WS due to JA delay. Combine that with the highest crit rate in the game, crit-based atma and more gear to increase critical damage and you have a monster. Pretty much everything you spilled off in that post was pretty accurate back at 75. Things change.

not true, yes ninja got some great gear in the updates, but so did every other job, can name off all the gear you want, and ignore the gear for every other job. Yeah sure ninja can use so, and so atma, and sam can use so, and so atma.

I have no idea what your talking about when you say sam got close to nothing, they can cap haste in gear w/o useing drg as sj, they can fulltime hasso and not worry about recast timers, on top of that try telling a relic sam that +100 STR, +50 attack, +5% dbl attack, and 2/tick regain for atma's is close to nothing. I know all those crit hit items/atma's are great for ninja, but nameing all those items/atmas for ninja, and forgeting to mention what other jobs got doesn't do it justice.

NIN got an extra 25% Dual Wield, an amazing crit atma, all the while still capping haste.

Bahamut.Aiyana
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-12 23:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Piraal said:
I only mentioned the regain b/c it's part of the atma combo, but @ 75 they were only cap'd haste in gear if they went /drg.

So they can cap gear haste now without /drg. Neat.

So can NIN, and they gained 20%+ Dual Wield (Unknown set bonus on AF3+2). The AF3 bonus to Hasso was nowhere near as incredible as the amount of sheer Dual Wield that NIN got, by comparison.

You have to look at each job differently. It's too hard to say X job is better than X other job without really crunching numbers, and then why bother when more updates are on the way?

You can't just say that NIN is so far inferior to other jobs just because that is how it used to be. Not every job was buffed equally by these updates because they don't all play the exact same way.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-12 23:09:50
Link | Citer | R

blu/thf is clearly the best
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-12 23:17:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Totally, bro!
 Titan.Bigpun
Serveur: Titan
user: Paidan
By Titan.Bigpun 2010-10-12 23:22:15
Link | Citer | R

if u guys think pld is dead ur far from correct. pld is still a extremly usefull job. ppl r focusing on abyssea ptys and stuff like that in which case yes pld isnt gonna cut it. when it comes to NM's though ur not gonna beat it. the problem is finding inteligent pld that arent geared like a n00blet who has been playing for a week and have half a brain about the job. ive noticed the game is starting to lack in the decent pld area
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-12 23:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Bigpun said:
if u guys think pld is dead ur far from correct. pld is still a extremly usefull job. ppl r focusing on abyssea ptys and stuff like that in which case yes pld isnt gonna cut it. when it comes to NM's though ur not gonna beat it. the problem is finding inteligent pld that arent geared like a n00blet who has been playing for a week and have half a brain about the job. ive noticed the game is starting to lack in the decent pld area

the people with the raw skill to rock a haut and a sattva, in other words
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-12 23:24:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Totally, bro!
/hi 5
 Phoenix.Excelior
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-10-12 23:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Titan.Bigpun said:

*** yes, hauteclaire is pro. I still have PLDs say they use haute over shamshir cause of the 7 accuracy. They completely ignore the fact that if ACC and thus hitting were relevant that they should be using excal or joytoy. I am very saddened.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-12 23:31:06
Link | Citer | R

I still haven't started shamshir :(
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-12 23:31:54
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I still haven't started shamshir :(
Slacker. I have one for my rdm lol
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-12 23:32:29
Link | Citer | R

; ; Show off
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-12 23:33:50
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
; ; Show off
Yeah but I did all the work on my blu. Plus I like to rdm/blu things... which is makes pdt alot more important than it is for the average pld
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-12 23:35:02
Link | Citer | R

Is it -8 or -10% now?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-12 23:36:36
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Is it -8 or -10% now?
Sadly 9. Well mine is stil 8. It's like 200 aquans under earth day/weather for 1 more pdt... so I've had better things to do lol. Somehow I think SE is going to keep raising it up so little that it'll still be better to use genbu shield instead of a 2nd one
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-12 23:37:53
Link | Citer | R

I'd say it's probably better than Terra's w/ Genbu's shield. Do want, been doing so much Abyssea on Bahamut! We should kill stuff sometime
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-12 23:39:48
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I'd say it's probably better than Terra's w/ Genbu's shield. Do want, been doing so much Abyssea on Bahamut! We should kill stuff sometime
Say what!?! Staff and shield combo!?! But yeah I'd say it would take at least 12% pdt for a 2nd one to beat genbus shield based on fights I've done rdm/blu and def vs pdt.

And you are on Bahamut!?!
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-12 23:41:28
Link | Citer | R

I meant, it's probably better than Terra's if you use Genbu's too*.

And yeah, I said hi to you the other day. Darrka <_< You were just like, yeah bai. Cold shoulder man
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-12 23:43:14
Link | Citer | R

Suddenly, everyone's on Bahamut. WHAT IS THIS
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-12 23:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Wtf, both of you are on Bahamut now? >_> Why's everyone coming here! D= it's weird.

Edit: Beaten by Night D=
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-12 23:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You should come too! Totally got Raen wlegs, he was all scared of Kirin too. Fenrir was my second choice though :o
 Titan.Bigpun
By Titan.Bigpun 2010-10-12 23:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Titan.Bigpun said:
*** yes, hauteclaire is pro. I still have PLDs say they use haute over shamshir cause of the 7 accuracy. They completely ignore the fact that if ACC and thus hitting were relevant that they should be using excal or joytoy. I am very saddened.

ya cept i dont care bout a couple -pdt i got aegis, the haute gives me a higher dps without feeding a lot of tp like joytoy, has add effect so i dont bother wasting mp with the new en spell, and the 7 acc is always a bonus, besides the fact im working on almace and debating bout making excalibur
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-10-12 23:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Bigpun said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Titan.Bigpun said:

ya cept i dont care bout a couple -pdt i got aegis, the haute gives me a higher dps without feeding a lot of tp like joytoy, has add effect so i dont bother wasting mp with the new en spell, and the 7 acc is always a bonus, besides the fact im working on almace and debating bout making excalibur

I do hope you're trolling...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-12 23:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Bigpun said:
the haute gives me a higher dps without feeding a lot of tp like joytoy

wat

that's not even getting into sattva...
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-12 23:49:03
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I meant, it's probably better than Terra's if you use Genbu's too*.

And yeah, I said hi to you the other day. Darrka <_< You were just like, yeah bai. Cold shoulder man
I'm afk ALOT.

Also terras kinda sucks on anything you can blood tank lol. The loss of all that def compounded by the cocoon/taco hurts a large amount. Even just a couple of pdt on the weapon was usually enough to put swd/shield in favor not even getting into those really rare shield blocks and now sanguine blade.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-12 23:49:10
Link | Citer | R

Also, why the Sattva ring? =/
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-10-12 23:50:44
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Bigpun said:
working on almace and debating bout making excalibur

nah you should upgrade that aegis first

owait
 Titan.Bigpun
By Titan.Bigpun 2010-10-12 23:51:53
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Also, why the Sattva ring? =/
im perma pld for my ls, i never play any of my other jobs so figured no point in rajas, id let the other pld get the pld rings from the NM's so they can use rajas and have a good tank ring, 1 more enmity wont break me
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-10-12 23:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Bigpun said:
ya cept i dont care bout a couple -pdt i got aegis

Aegis makes PDT useless?

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I'm afk ALOT. Also terras kinda sucks on anything you can blood tank lol. The loss of all that def compounded by the cocoon/taco hurts a large amount. Even just a couple of pdt on the weapon was usually enough to put swd/shield in favor not even getting into those really rare shield blocks and now sanguine blade.

lol totally responded, didn't know who I was I assume!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-12 23:54:09
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

You should come too! Totally got Raen wlegs, he was all scared of Kirin too. Fenrir was my second choice though :o
Saw you guys went 2/2, hot stuff!

Bigpun said:
stuff
holy *** lol
 Titan.Prefalin
user: Prefalin
By Titan.Prefalin 2010-10-12 23:54:51
Link | Citer | R

that is all
[+]