Will PLD Be Useful Again At Lvl 99?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
Will PLD be useful again at lvl 99?
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-27 15:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Then go to the club to play with my girl's bewbs. (And ultimately end up not playing PLD at all)

lol This is why I like you.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-27 15:56:38
Link | Citer | R

When I looked at her, I noticed she was lookin at my ***, booya!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-27 19:44:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
I hope blood tanking comes back.
Blood tanking is more in than it ever was. Aerial Armor rotations vs tanking ***with your face due to infinite MP, which is a better example of blood tanking?

I meant the practicality of turtle builds and realistic damage mitigation. It is slowly coming back, but I'd like to see it be more widely used both in and out of abyssea.
Unfortunately I don't own Abyssea yet, so I don't really know of its use or practicality in Abyssea yet thanks to all these Atmas.
Turtling is like the Dunes, it was never terribly good but we didn't know any better. Also, our turtling options are better than ever... The full VIT builds of 2004 do not qualify as "realistic damage mitigation". If they did, the aforementioned AA rotations would have been unnecessary.

Seriously, it's not a resurgence so much as an emergence for bloodtanking. Yes, it had applications previously, but not on any large scale in serious situations.

Fenrir.Weewoo said:
Pardon my ignorance and lack of owning/playing Abyssea; but would one care to paraphrase in simple terms why PLD is less functional as of late?
DDs can tank everything just as well or better (Counterstance goooooooooo) while doing more damage. It's been that way for some time though.
 Leviathan.Novax
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-11-27 19:54:22
Link | Citer | R

ways to make pld worthwhile.

1) JA that sifons hate from the entire alliance for 1 minute. Recast: 1 minute.

2) Enhanced enmity gain on melee/ja/spell

3) Collab/accomplice.

4) 100 dmg multi hit sword.
 Cerberus.Jogiyat
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Jogikat
By Cerberus.Jogiyat 2010-11-27 19:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Novax said:
ways to make pld worthwhile.

1) JA that sifons hate from the entire alliance for 1 minute. Recast: 1 minute.

2) Enhanced enmity gain on melee/ja/spell

3) Collab/accomplice.

4) 100 dmg multi hit sword.

For the first 3.. again if PLD got all that, all the damn enmity in the world, are you going to replace a DD for it and slow down your kills? Again, trying to fit PLD to the content... I promise you, if SE went out and gave PLD all that, its not gonna change anything.

for number 4? is it gonna out DD mnk/war/sam.... etc etc etc?
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-27 20:21:10
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
for number 4? is it gonna out DD mnk/war/sam.... etc etc etc?

Unless it had godly delay, yes and quite easily, lol.
 Leviathan.Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-11-27 20:31:32
Link | Citer | R

that would make pld worth it to have yes?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-27 20:40:35
Link | Citer | R

It would also make most DD jobs worthless...
 Leviathan.Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-11-27 20:41:48
Link | Citer | R

DDs being able to take made it worthless, what's the difference?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-27 20:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Your idea makes many jobs undesirable as opposed to one, for one thing... I never said either situation was desirable. Ideally both DDs and PLD would be useful, your suggestion is even more broken than the current situation.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-27 20:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Novax said:
DDs being able to take made it worthless, what's the difference?
Your solution to 1 job being worthless is to make many jobs worthless. More focused on the retardation of the statement than I am the difference.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-27 20:46:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Your idea makes many jobs undesirable as opposed to one, for one thing... I never said either situation was desirable. Ideally both DDs and PLD would be useful, your suggestion is even more broken than the current situation.
Or this, if you want to be nice about it.
By Nabis 2010-11-27 21:29:26
Link | Citer | R

just tanked faust on dnc/war ***was fun. *** pld
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-11-27 21:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Need to buff PLD's survivability and ability to hold hate (more effective JAs and less HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE cooldowns), as well as introduce enemies that make use of that enhanced survivability.

EDIT: Any retard with a good PDT set (or more support than you should ever have in Sky) can tank Faust.

lolSky.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-27 21:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Nabis said:
with a 3-hit?
 Asura.Matzilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-27 21:40:17
Link | Citer | R

Nabis said:

I soloed faust on rdm/nin with fleehacks like a ***, I couldnt even land bind/grav but who needs that when you run faster than the speed of a 3hit
 Leviathan.Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2010-11-27 21:52:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Or this, if you want to be nice about it.

I realize that wouldn't be a good fix. But at this time i can't see any other ways to make a pld > dd without making it dd more effectively.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-27 21:58:37
Link | Citer | R

While we're breaking the game, may as well give it march I and II, 1k hp cure, full erase, haste, chaos roll, fighter's roll, refresh II, ballad III and II all in a spell called "Pld is a better job now, love SE" and have it cost 1mp with a 1 second casting time. AoE up to 20 yalms.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-27 22:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
While we're breaking the game, may as well give it march I and II, 1k hp cure, full erase, haste, chaos roll, fighter's roll, refresh II, ballad III and II all in a spell called "Pld is a better job now, love SE" and have it cost 1mp with a 1 second casting time. AoE up to 20 yalms.

im ok with all of this
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-27 22:13:43
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

But then I would be gimp dawg. I don't even have PLD unlocked!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2010-11-27 22:14:06
Link | Citer | R

Think of it this way: the problem is that it's difficult to balance tanking ability and DD capacity without screwing over one side.

If the Paladin gets high DMG weapons, then the DDs will QQ over "Hey they can do as much damage as us and take hits".

If the Paladin doesn't get high DMG weapons, then you might as well replace them with another DD, right?

Then obviously we need a way to make them competent tanks BUT give them some damage utility.

How about this: Sqaure-Enix could give Paladin some more damage-mitigating abilities to encourage bloodtanking again. Perhaps they could also add higher JA/spell resistances so blinktanking, while not completely nerfed, is not the only option for dealing with endgame bosses. Recast times for these would be important; after all, it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE to have a job that only tanks well for 3 minutes of a 20 minute fight.

There are those that will continue to say "Using a Paladin is a waste of a party slot". So we could make them more attractive for party/alliance use by giving them a moderate AoE party buff of some sort. Heck, why not add an enmity augmenting attribute to the buff.
With all of this, the Paladin can return to its position as main tank, while giving it additional damage utility without screwing over other Damage Dealers and Ninjas.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-27 22:29:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Matzilla said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
im ok with all of this
should make FFXI PLD's like Diablo II paladins.
for example:
Lv.30 Fanaticism (offensive aura)
Effect: Increases your Attack Speed, Attack Damage and Attack Rating. Increases damage for all party members.

and give them lots of spinning hammers or as a last resort you can just be like this
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-27 22:32:44
Link | Citer | R

PLD needs to be able to get enmity faster, and be able to hold it. Perhaps give them a higher cap etc.

It would be nice if atonement got a boost too, and remove the resistance that some mobs have to Atonement.

Enmity system needs to be revamped in a way that works in favor for PLDs. Otherwise, a DD can get hate and effectively tank...while doing more damage than a PLD. (the current situation)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-27 22:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Even if a pld can get more hate than a DD, if a DD can still get more hate than mages, then there will still be no need for PLD.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-27 22:37:08
Link | Citer | R

why is it such a problem pld sucks now? mnk sucked balls for 4 years and not a single *** was given those days
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-11-27 22:42:40
Link | Citer | R

If hammerdins find their way into ffxi.. I would cry, a lot. Zealots are totally cooler, though. And FoHdins kinda make me chuckle.

/rambles on
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2010-11-28 01:13:49
Link | Citer | R

It's not JUST PLD that is useless...all but 6-8 jobs in the entire game are useless at the moment. The best way to fix PLD? Take every other job off of PDT gear, or something, anything that would make pulling hate for a DD=quick death. Otherwise the only other option is to boost PLDs DD ability.

And people did care about it when MNK was lagging far behind and considered useless, those people being the players who loved MNK and had it as their main job.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-28 01:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Matzilla said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

im ok with all of this

i third this

petition time

i think it's underpowered though

i think it should give ballad I as well

and allow me to infuse six atmas
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-28 01:38:12
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Kurosawa said:
The best way to fix PLD? Take every other job off of PDT gear

No.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-28 01:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Kurosawa said:
It's not JUST PLD that is useless...all but 6-8 jobs in the entire game are useless at the moment. The best way to fix PLD? Take every other job off of PDT gear, or something, anything that would make pulling hate for a DD=quick death. Otherwise the only other option is to boost PLDs DD ability.

And people did care about it when MNK was lagging far behind and considered useless, those people being the players who loved MNK and had it as their main job.

This is why I'm bored of 11
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26