True Or False, Quested Seals Are Trade/sellable??

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » True or False, Quested Seals are trade/sellable??
True or False, Quested Seals are trade/sellable??
By Halfpint 2010-10-11 16:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Saw someone hollering to buy seals in Port Jeuno. Since seals are EX I thought this person was maybe not aware that EX items could not be traded or bazaar'd. Was told that quested seals(not seals that drop in pt) stay in the treasure pool for 5 minutes, making them trade-able to other ppl in that pt if traded before leaving the area.

Stranger things have happened so I am asking here cause if there is a loop-hole in the system ppl here probably found it first.

Sylph.Zefyr
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-10-11 16:16:08
Link | Citer | R

Quested seals go directly to the person doing the quest. Seals that drop from NMs (like all mob drops) will be in the party loot pool.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-10-11 16:16:33
Link | Citer | R

I think they might have been referring to sell off seals dropped by NMs... only logical explanation
 Odin.Liela
Serveur: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-10-11 16:16:46
Link | Citer | R

I did several quests in a party and the seals never went into the treasure pool. Unless SE ninja-fixed it, armor seals from quests go directly to your inventory. Likely, the person shouting wanted to pay someone to kill NMs for seals.
By oniondagger 2010-10-11 16:19:20
Link | Citer | R

there is an NPC in each of the three new zones that you can turn unwanted seals into and they can be purchased by other players with resistence credits, much like crafting guilds. requires max fame and to have beaten the zone boss.
By Halfpint 2010-10-11 16:19:24
Link | Citer | R

This is what I said and was basically told to "f" off. Ok is nice to know I was right.

Only way to "buy" seals is to get into a pt in that area and bribe the alliance holder to give you the seals that drop for that job.
By Halfpint 2010-10-11 16:20:32
Link | Citer | R

in
oniondagger said:
there is an NPC in each of the three new zones that you can turn unwanted seals into and they can be purchased by other players with resistence credits, much like crafting guilds. requires max fame and to have beaten the zone boss.

this is good to know....i'm along way from that..but still good to know
By Halfpint 2010-10-11 16:21:59
Link | Citer | R

btw...what is the NPC's name(s)..?
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2010-10-11 16:23:37
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. Not really new to buy ex items is it? You pay someone to kill the NM for you and when it drops you zone in and lot and pay the guy. Easy. And I call *** on the trade npc thing.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-10-11 16:31:35
Link | Citer | R

oniondagger said:

Whats the npc name? would really like to know :P then I'll believe this is true
 Sylph.Zefyr
Serveur: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-10-11 16:31:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
And I call *** on the trade npc thing.

^
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-11 16:33:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Zefyr said:
^
 Carbuncle.Callicantzaros
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Callicantzaros 2010-10-11 16:37:47
Link | Citer | R

Name and photo of such NPC or GTFO
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-10-11 16:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Zefyr said:

^

thinking the same lol but it would be worth it if this was true doubt it though
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-11 16:47:54
Link | Citer | R

I got max fame in Misar and Have the zone boss defeated and i don't see no NPC like mentioned by the anon.

I Call BS as well, I know i haven't looked hard but i think i'd notice if i clicked on an NPC that gave me the option to buy my last to Ferine leg seals =x
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-11 17:01:43
Link | Citer | R

Anon account with only 4 posts ever, and all within a 10-15 day period. Yeah, not buying it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-10-11 17:41:40
Link | Citer | R

Halfpint said:
This is what I said and was basically told to "f" off. Ok is nice to know I was right.

Only way to "buy" seals is to get into a pt in that area and bribe the alliance holder to give you the seals that drop for that job.

Doesn't take an alliance to kill a lot of the NMs. Some are even soloable. He's probably looking for some people who will be willing to merc him those seals, which is why he told you to 'f' off.
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-10-11 17:53:45
Link | Citer | R

Yeah. Not really new to buy ex items is it? You pay someone to kill the NM for you and when it drops you zone in and lot and pay the guy. Easy. And I call *** on the trade npc thing.
I feel like its the same guy that shouted in port jeuno earlier <.<
And I though we were pretty clear
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-11 17:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said:
Exactly. Everyone understood what I was talking about when my ls was selling homam... except the GMs of course they were telling me I was cheating people cause you can't sell ex gear lol
 Asura.Karbuncle
Serveur: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-11 18:11:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
Exactly. Everyone understood what I was talking about when my ls was selling homam... except the GMs of course they were telling me I was cheating people cause you can't sell ex gear lol

Must have had a really GD stupid GM, cause i even remember reading a SE-thing released asking the players about their opinions on buying /EX Gear =.=a

Thought it was pretty .. known, amongst the community.