Bahamut.Arouis
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-10-08 08:00:21
Link | Citer | R

For the Smoke_over_the_Coast Quest:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Smoke_over_the_Coast

Do you actually have to cook the sausages yourself? Or do you think you could just buy some activate the quest, and trade them?
 Cerberus.Valmur
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-10-08 08:02:05
Link | Citer | R

Can buy off people/ah and trade to hungrywolf and save some time
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-10-08 08:02:36
Link | Citer | R

You CAN buy them but it's honestly cheaper to cook them yourself anyway.
 Bahamut.Arouis
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Arouis 2010-10-08 08:03:58
Link | Citer | R

Marvelous, im really low on stones tbh, i have money, but not many stones, too much soloing NM's etc lol. Thanks for the info guys ^ ^
 Siren.Chrichri
Serveur: Siren
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-10-08 08:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Have you gone after the 2 time reduction Abyssites? Level 3 fame in Misareaux will let you do the quest for one which only requires a black whisker, the other is farmed off Tonberries in Konschtat. If you're lucky (like me with 1/2) it won't take long. At 0 fame I traded 2 stacks of Murex Spicules in Misareaux to get the fame required for that quest. Took a grand total of 15 minutes. Should also seek out those abyssites that tack on +3 minutes per stone. I'm currently doing that with just the buyable one so far... I think you can get up to +12 minutes per stone.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 08:57:25
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Chrichri said:
Have you gone after the 2 time reduction Abyssites? Level 3 fame in Misareaux will let you do the quest for one which only requires a black whisker, the other is farmed off Tonberries in Konschtat. If you're lucky (like me with 1/2) it won't take long. At 0 fame I traded 2 stacks of Murex Spicules in Misareaux to get the fame required for that quest. Took a grand total of 15 minutes. Should also seek out those abyssites that tack on +3 minutes per stone. I'm currently doing that with just the buyable one so far... I think you can get up to +12 minutes per stone.

Is there links to these quests for which you speak of ? I have the buyable +3 min but have not heard of the other quests..

also which quest/npc is for the fame

Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-10-08 09:05:00
Link | Citer | R

I was initially going to try to cook these myself...but its a ton of running around in the first place even if do it yourself. If you can afford it ... and were talking less thank 100k... i wouuld just by 2 stacks of each NQ-HQ3 you probably wont use all of them, but most....

the only reason i say this is because, you need to conflux warp to #3, trade to hungrywolf, conflux warp back to #1 go out the maw, back into the maw getting visitant status, then start over.... it takes a while to get 8 of your correct seals.. sometimes you wont even get a seal at all.. so all around its a pain in the ***, and is going to take a few hrs to get what you need
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 09:08:19
Link | Citer | R

yes i got 7/8 right away on rdm legs >_> then 2 stacks later not 1 rdm seal /fume
 Siren.Chrichri
Serveur: Siren
user: Chrichri
By Siren.Chrichri 2010-10-08 10:14:17
Link | Citer | R

Jump on wiki and look up Black Whisker and it'll link you to the quest. The fame npc in each zone can be found on the fame page. The spicule quest guy is... the guy just outside the wooden gate at the entrance. I'd give you links but I'm on my phone at the moment.
By ChaoticKitty 2010-10-08 10:20:45
Link | Citer | R

Also +3 sausage's seem to give more seals then the regular ones.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-08 10:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
yes i got 7/8 right away on rdm legs >_> then 2 stacks later not 1 rdm seal /fume
Lol that is nothing..it took me I think 6 stacks of sausage to finish Rdm..I got 18 Pup 16 Rng 6 Drk and 8 Rdm. For me it was a complete pain in the *** and the seals that you don't need are the seals that will always drop first, just keep up with it and you will get them sooner or much much much much later.

Bte..HATE whomever got 1/2 on the Tonberry Abyssite. I haven't counted but I am probably 0/50ish killing both Thf and Blm Tonberries.

Killing NM's and sich I went from 60 stones to 15 stones in 10 days..
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 10:27:03
Link | Citer | R

ChaoticKitty said:
was this confirmed though? b/c it ddnt seem that way with my trades :<

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Lol that is nothing..it took me I think 6 stacks of sausage to finish Rdm..I got 18 Pup 16 Rng 6 Drk and 8 Rdm. For me it was a complete pain in the *** and the seals that you don't need are the seals that will always drop first, just keep up with it and you will get them sooner or much much much much later.

Bte..HATE whomever got 1/2 on the Tonberry Abyssite. I haven't counted but I am probably 0/50ish killing both Thf and Blm Tonberries.

Killing NM's and sich I went from 60 stones to 15 stones in 10 days..
i feel u :< I used 10 stones on those tonberries and STILL do not have the damn thing .-.
I got to wondering if I screwed something up /sigh
A prerequisite quest or something .-.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-08 10:28:04
Link | Citer | R

ChaoticKitty said:
Seem too and actually do are different and +3 were by far the worst for me..after trading 2 stacks of +3 I only got 2 seals pup and rng. I had the most luck with NQ or +1..but I honestly don't think that +3 is any better and NQ.
 Gilgamesh.Hatfield
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Hatfield
By Gilgamesh.Hatfield 2010-10-08 10:42:56
Link | Citer | R

I did this quest a shitton of times getting drk leg seals. I can tell you this much too, the +3 isnt gonna get you a better drop rate. Also, go in with about 4 stacks of giant sheep meat and make a /item "g. sheep meat" <t> and just spam it, dont try for the HQ and youll make 4 stacks in well under 10min of your time. Btw took me about 200 trades to get 8/8 drk, after getting about 15rdm, 10pup, only 3 rng xD Quests suck killing NMs is the way to get af3 if you have the means. But yeah the +3 only give more curor, maybe more fame
 Odin.Spccdog
Serveur: Odin
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2010-10-08 10:45:02
Link | Citer | R

its abyssea vunkrl for the black whisker quest for abyssite of celerity , Not misreaux.
 Odin.Spccdog
Serveur: Odin
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2010-10-08 10:49:39
Link | Citer | R

and the fastest way for fame in vunkrl is to spam the heavy sac quest. Dieing and reraising removes the movement restriction but can still get credit for the heavy sac. took me 6 times to get enough fame for the black whisker quest.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-10-08 11:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Buy 5-10 stacks of sheep meat from the zulkheim regional merchant.
Make a macro:
/targetnpc
/item "G. sheep meat" <t>

Go to the campfire and spam the macro, making NQ sausage. you will have 5-10 stacks of sausage in 5-10 minutes (And it will cost you 1/10 the price).
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-10-08 11:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Buy 5-10 stacks of sheep meat from the zulkheim regional merchant. Make a macro: /targetnpc /item "G. sheep meat" <t> Go to the campfire and spam the macro, making NQ sausage. you will have 5-10 stacks of sausage in 5-10 minutes (And it will cost you 1/10 the price).
Which is fine and dandy but I am extremely lazy..speaking for Rdm they are some pretty good legs. I spent maybe ~200k on the sausage and I got a killer pair of legs for RDM and I am alost done with drk now too..I could have saved some money but i'd rather have saved the time. Ten min or an hour and ten min thats time that I would have wasted and its much easier to get gil than my coveted Abyssea time.