SCH Healing Gear?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH Healing Gear?
SCH Healing Gear?
First Page 2
By Darkestdream 2010-09-30 16:39:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm not quite sure on what items are worth it to get for my Scholar when I'm Healer. I've been told to get as much MP+ gear as possible, but other than that I'm kind of at a loss. Can anyone suggest any items in specific?
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-09-30 19:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Put first priority on Cure Potency (not much available for SCH here: Surya's Staff +1, Fylgja Torque, Augur's Mitts. I also strongly recommend getting a Korin Obi if you don't have one). After that focus on capping -enmity; Cure IV is your strongest cure, you will probably be spamming it a lot which builds up hate quickly, not to mention the constant use of Accession makes SCH kind of a hate machine.

I'd recommend you read this:
http://kanican.livejournal.com/30692.html

The gear set he recommends is of course slightly outdated, but the general stress on the importance of -enmity for SCH is still applicable.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-30 19:08:18
Link | Citer | R

-ENM gear helps a great deal in lowman situations, personally I cure in -47 ENM on RDM and I'm sure it's gonna help out even more for a SCH with stoneskin-ga etc which produce a shitload of hate >_<
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-09-30 19:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Put first priority on Cure Potency (not much available for SCH here: Surya's Staff +1, Fylgja Torque, Augur's Mitts. I also strongly recommend getting a Korin Obi if you don't have one). After that focus on capping -enmity; Cure IV is your strongest cure, you will probably be spamming it a lot which builds up hate quickly, not to mention the constant use of Accession makes SCH kind of a hate machine.

I'd recommend you read this:
http://kanican.livejournal.com/30692.html

The gear set he recommends is of course slightly outdated, but the general stress on the importance of -enmity for SCH is still applicable.

This. At the moment, my set, not great but it's ok for now (cure potency/enmity- on the legs):

Things to add if you can't get Augur's is the Serpentine hands/feet combo for more Cure potency. Selenian Cap with Cure potency/Enmity- also works out.

EDIT: Add ACP body with Enmity-/Fast Cast+ to that, forgot that one.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2010-09-30 19:32:02
Link | Citer | R

this is what I use

I didnt really found enm- really usefull I have enm+ merit and it never really has been a problem to me beside when I was lvling to 75.
In abyssea or event @ 85 now enm- is pretty useless from what I saw.

royal as fastcast+5 and enm-5 though

EDIT: the fact I wear omega is more a lazyness from me, never really use sch and mainly use gears from all my other mages jobs.So dont take it as its pimp, its really not..
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-30 19:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Emnity tends to only be useful in longer fights or when you are doing really big hate things and/or low hate generating tanks.

But when it is pertitent it really really is. Basically if you have competent tanks it only becomes important if the fight last long enough for you to hit capped without gearing for -emnity. You can guessimate or parse what you do in a fight and figure that out and use that to kinda figure it out.

I'd say baseline 20-30 min as main heal on a mob unless it AOEs ALOT then more like half that.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-30 20:07:04
Link | Citer | R

nobody has mentioned the new ring from that crawler NM? really? Sirona's Ring. Something I want for my sch healing set, has vit/mnd (i believe) and like healing skill+10.. believe its all jobs too.
 Unicorn.Liir
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Liir
By Unicorn.Liir 2010-09-30 20:30:22
Link | Citer | R

This is my SCH cure set, Staff +20% Feet and hands set bonus +5% and legs +5% Cure potency along with a mixture of fast cast and -enmity. I keep up Aurorastorm all the time when healing on SCH and this gets me some nice numbers, 900+ Cure IV's with Rapture =) MND is pretty unimportant for a SCH curing set as MND doesn't really increase how much you cure for apart from with cure V (Don't know if it does for VI, not used it once ><)
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-09-30 23:18:27
Link | Citer | R

Meh. Honestly, Healing Magic skill does literally almost nothing for your cures. Well, it reduces "resists" if you're casting in dark weather, but the effect on the actual potency of your cure is pretty much negligible. Sirona's Ring is something I would use for removing Doom, not for a curing set.

I would also recommend not curing in AF pants for the same reason; the +8 MND on Mahatma will boost your cures a lot more than 15 Healing Magic, and you get some -enmity as well. A lot of people will probably flame me for saying it, but Jet Seraweels are actually also a good alternative (-1 MND and +6 VIT, +15 MP compared to Mahatma. Worth the trade off if you're only using the pants for curing, +6 VIT should boost potency as much or more than 1 MND). If you want to take a look at the numbers for yourself, check out:

http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/cure/Cure_Calculator.html
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-30 23:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Too bad that cure calc hasn't been updated
 Leviathan.Cymmina
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Cymmina
By Leviathan.Cymmina 2010-10-03 08:18:02
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Stefanos said:
EDIT: Add ACP body with Enmity-/Fast Cast+ to that, forgot that one.

With those augments, that body is a waste of inventory. Mahatma Houppelande (-4 Enmity, +11 MND, -8 VIT) still comes out to being equal to a body with +8 MND once you balance out the -VIT. Augur's Jaseran (+13 MND) or Goliard Saio (4% Haste, -5 Enmity) are fine bodies to use as well.

You missed the Selenian Cap with +6 MND, 3% Cure Potency, though.

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
the +8 MND on Mahatma will boost your cures a lot more than 15 Healing Magic, and you get some -enmity as well. A lot of people will probably flame me for saying it, but Jet Seraweels are actually also a good alternative (-1 MND and +6 VIT, +15 MP compared to Mahatma. Worth the trade off if you're only using the pants for curing, +6 VIT should boost potency as much or more than 1 MND).

It isn't worth the +inventory, that -VIT is negligible. Savant's Pants +1 (8 MND) or +2 (11 MND) are something you'll be carrying around anyway. Mahatma has the best balance of +MND and -Enmity, and any decent SCH has to carry it around anyway for Helix spells.

For what it's worth, my shell does a lot of things lowman, and we don't use SCH in a healing position (we do use it as a Stoneskinga/Phalanxga *** for things like Yacumama, Orcus, Gancanagh, etc). They're as good of a healer as RDMs, which is fine for merit style parties as long as they have Haste (but you won't be doing much healing, so gear doesn't matter all that much). But for a lot of fights, especially Abyssea NMs, WHM is the wisest choice. No matter how much -Enmity you get, there is no replacement for Cure V/VI.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-10-03 13:10:31
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Cymmina said:
It isn't worth the +inventory, that -VIT is negligible. Savant's Pants +1 (8 MND) or +2 (11 MND) are something you'll be carrying around anyway. Mahatma has the best balance of +MND and -Enmity, and any decent SCH has to carry it around anyway for Helix spells.

You could argue exactly the same that -1MND is negligible; it likely won't even decrease your cure by 1 HP. I agree that Mahatma offers people more utility in general since as you mentioned, they're better for helix and also for enfeebling, but that's why I said "if you're just looking for curing pants." The OP was asking specifically about curing equipment, after all, and some people don't have the inventory problem as much as others.

Anyway the real point I was trying to make is "don't cure in AF pants because they'll do practically nothing for you."
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-17 07:48:21
Link | Citer | R

Sorry for the bump but I'm still relatively new to mage jobs. (SCH being my first) Just wanted a couple suggestion regarding my current curing setup:

The current problem I'm running into is stacking -ENM. While this is much easier as virtually any other race (unless Elvaan possibly, I don't know) its damn hard as a Galka. (inb4lolGalka) The biggest reason being that most slots that are easily filled by -ENM just so happen to sacrifice MP...hands/back/waist etc. So the issue that arises is: Keep the MP+ or swap in Cure Pot+/ENM- such as the Serpentes set and a couple other pieces. ASA legs with Cure Pot+ and Surya's Staff +1 are currently in the works.

About the only major changes I can think of down the road are purchasing an Errant Cape, using a Hedgehog Bomb in lieu of the Incantor Stone, (already @45% F.C with head/feet/rdm sub under Grimoire) swapping legs for Tatsumaki Sitagoromo, (MP+25 ENM-4 Cure Pot+5%) and Light Staff with a completed Surya's +1 (Cure Pot+20%). I guess what I'm asking is at what point would stacking Cure Pot+ become detrimental versus just keeping a larger MP pool, as is with the Serpentes hands/feet set? Only speaking in my case due to the rather lousy MP pool.

Forgot to mention I already have full MP merits.
Again, my apologies for the noobish post. Still relatively new to all of this.
 Bahamut.Aiyana
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-17 07:59:30
Link | Citer | R

As a RDM (Who loathes curing, but w/e) I would advise any healer to DROOL over cure potency. It is the single greatest stat for cures, and every % you can squeeze out is that much better. The difference between a 410 Cure IV and a 540 Cure IV is quite noticeable.

Also remember that MP gear is only useful when you are at high levels of MP to begin with. Once your MP falls, that MP gear is a waste of a slot. Spellcast can automate this for you to an extent, but full-time MP gear is detrimental to effectiveness if you are sacrificing other key stats (Cure potency/-enm).

Oh, and for kicks~ I cure in +enmity as a RDM. There's a very high probability I can take a hit better than any tank/DD so I'd rather let my stoneskin eat it than have to cure them more!

This is the maximum cure potency obtainable as a RDM (And likely any overlapping jobs outside of WHM)... I still need the Roundel and to redo my ASA legs for it.
EDIT: Just noticed SCH can't use Roundel. D:
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-17 08:16:07
Link | Citer | R

Unfortunately I don't use spellcast as its just not something I'm willing to put time into atm. While that is viewed as being detrimental, its simply something I'm not up for learning as of now. :\

Sounds like I'll need to invest in the Serpentes set then. :3
[+]
 Bahamut.Aiyana
user: Aiyanna
By Bahamut.Aiyana 2010-10-17 08:19:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Unfortunately I don't use spellcast as its just not something I'm willing to put time into atm. While that is viewed as being detrimental, its simply something I'm not up for learning as of now. :\

What I meant is, wear cure potency over MP gear or have multiple cure macros with variable levels of MP in them. Similar to BLMs with an MP set using a "free nuke".

Also, if you're in abyssea you should have limitless MP from Refresh-sources anyway. Cure potency/-enm all the way.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-17 08:38:46
Link | Citer | R

The way I have my macros set up will actually let me swap them in/out easily. What I'll most likely do is have my Cure set equip my current MaxMP set for initial and initial cure (or buffs) then have the cure macros themselves swap out the hands/feet after initial casting is performed. Most of the time I'm putting up Blink/SS/Prot/Shell up anyway so the MP isn't really lost when swapping.

In Abyssea I sit at about 1100MP after buffs/atma, and currently working on refresh atma as well. :3
It is a shame SCH can't use Roundel. T.T
I should work on my Korin Obi while I'm at it.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-10-17 09:55:33
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Cymmina said:
No matter how much -Enmity you get, there is no replacement for Cure V/VI.

+1

and even if you try to bump up your cure numbers with DS and/or Rapture you're still using Cure IV. ;_;
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-10-17 10:07:39
Link | Citer | R

Why Scholar doesn't get Cure V at least with Addendum: White up, when /WHM sub grants CureIV now, is a *** mystery.

I prefer to use Scholar's Loafers +1 and Auger's Gloves over Serpetnes on Cure, but getting Augers from Chloris is likely to take longer than all 50 buds for a Redemption.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-10-17 10:20:13
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Why Scholar doesn't get Cure V at least with Addendum: White up, when /WHM sub grants CureIV now, is a *** mystery.

I prefer to use Scholar's Loafers +1 and Auger's Gloves over Serpetnes on Cure, but getting Augers from Chloris is likely to take longer than all 50 buds for a Redemption.
^This. Never understood why we just can't have V. :<
By Darkestdream 2010-10-17 10:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

^This. Never understood why we just can't have V. :<

lol There's quite a few spells that have made me think to myself "Why doesn't scholar get that?" Cure V being one of them. There's also a lot of gear we can't use. I guess we make due with what we have? I'm happy we can Ebullience cures and most other white magic buffs ^^
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-09 13:28:52
Link | Citer | R

My set!

3 things you need as a healing SCH

#1 Negative Emnity
#2 Fast Cast
#3 MND & Potency

In that order. For a waist, there isn't anything better than the obi with light weather,
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-09 13:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
The way I have my macros set up will actually let me swap them in/out easily. What I'll most likely do is have my Cure set equip my current MaxMP set for initial and initial cure (or buffs) then have the cure macros themselves swap out the hands/feet after initial casting is performed. Most of the time I'm putting up Blink/SS/Prot/Shell up anyway so the MP isn't really lost when swapping.

In Abyssea I sit at about 1100MP after buffs/atma, and currently working on refresh atma as well. :3
It is a shame SCH can't use Roundel. T.T
I should work on my Korin Obi while I'm at it.

its a shamr sch gets screwed out of ixion cape.. it can use cloak but not cape.. wth..

Also with havign whm and sch i have macros that start out fast cast then put on potency before cure goes off. yes just useing in game macros. I found a control panel lay out works best.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-11-09 13:50:09
Link | Citer | R

buy raise3 now and cure5 before it goes higher i predict those spells for sch on next update since now we got regen 3 and stuff
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-09 13:52:04
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
nobody has mentioned the new ring from that crawler NM? really? Sirona's Ring. Something I want for my sch healing set, has vit/mnd (i believe) and like healing skill+10.. believe its all jobs too.

i dont get the point of that ring, form what i know healing skill dont do much for cures sept reduce spell interupts.

Now im finding surpricing is oones mention sch has a - enemity spell they can cast on self with all the talk of - enemity..
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-09 14:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:
My set! 3 things you need as a healing SCH #1 Negative Emnity #2 Fast Cast #3 MND & Potency In that order. For a waist, there isn't anything better than the obi with light weather,

Spiral ring? :x

Eh, I guess it's a space saver now that we have to carry around 500 different staves. I'm guessing it's your nuking ring and since it has VIT, can sub as a curing ring too.
 Bahamut.Britneyspears
By Bahamut.Britneyspears 2010-11-09 14:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Use Svnt's Bonnet +1 for Rapture cure's

personally

1-Cure Potency
2-Enmity

One thing i havn't read in this forums is the use of Animus spells. If your main healing in the tank party there's no reason u shouldn't be able keep Animus Minuo and Augeo up on appropriate party members. Also whats with all the staff straps, macro in Pax Grip.

with Animus Minuo, and Atma of Allure/Atma of Minikin i dont see the need to sacrifice cure potency gear for sch for a lil more -enmity. Now if your outside Abyssea thats a completely different issue
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-09 15:12:15
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
My set! 3 things you need as a healing SCH #1 Negative Emnity #2 Fast Cast #3 MND & Potency In that order. For a waist, there isn't anything better than the obi with light weather,

Spiral ring? :x

Eh, I guess it's a space saver now that we have to carry around 500 different staves. I'm guessing it's your nuking ring and since it has VIT, can sub as a curing ring too.

Yeah pretty much, I'm really strapped for space in my on hand inventory. I must carry on hand nearly 70 pieces specifically for SCH. When you throw in linkpearls, food and drop/pop items there is little room left. I should grab the -emnity down ring though, and the neck, they're on the list :)
 Cerberus.Zandra
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-09 15:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Britneyspears said:

Use Svnt's Bonnet +1 for Rapture cure's

personally

1-Cure Potency
2-Enmity

One thing i havn't read in this forums is the use of Animus spells. If your main healing in the tank party there's no reason u shouldn't be able keep Animus Minuo and Augeo up on appropriate party members. Also whats with all the staff straps, macro in Pax Grip.

with Animus Minuo, and Atma of Allure/Atma of Minikin i dont see the need to sacrifice cure potency gear for sch for a lil more -enmity. Now if your outside Abyssea thats a completely different issue

I agree the new spells are important, they help out quite a bit. However with CURE 4 doing the majority of our legwork, one can never have enough negative emnity IMO. Plus you can get 30%-cap of all your potency gear in 2 slots.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-09 15:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Zandra said:

I agree the new spells are important, they help out quite a bit. However with CURE 4 doing the majority of our legwork, one can never have enough negative emnity IMO. Plus you can get 30%-cap of all your potency gear in 2 slots.

Enm cap at -50, with the new atmas etc you dont need as much on gear anymore, so yes you can get enough :P
And, 30% potency cap? wut?
First Page 2