XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 198 199 200 ... 216 217 218
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-17 19:53:31
Link | Citer | R

OP is updated. Let me know if I missed a post. I'm semi-busy for the rest of the evening/night so send me a PM if it needs to be edited again.
By Flionheart 2010-09-17 19:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
OP is updated. Let me know if I missed a post. I'm semi-busy for the rest of the evening/night so send me a PM if it needs to be edited again.

Ok, np.

Thanks
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-17 19:57:49
Link | Citer | R

Is it even possible to link them yet? <_<
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-17 20:08:06
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Shouldn't be until release day. Otherwise you won't have your code.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-17 20:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Well I just linked my wife's account (the one I planned to use) to the SE account I plan to use on FFXIV, hope I didn't screw myself with that.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-17 20:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Well I just linked my wife's account (the one I planned to use) to the SE account I plan to use on FFXIV, hope I didn't screw myself with that.
Is there a reason you don't have your accounts on the same SE account? The release version will allow multiple accounts (like FFXI currently does).
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-17 20:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Is there a reason you don't have your accounts on the same SE account? The release version will allow multiple accounts (like FFXI currently does).
Cuz the account I used for beta key I had just made, it wasn't an already existing account, so nothing was linked to it.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-17 20:23:22
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cuz the account I used for beta key I had just made, it wasn't an already existing account, so nothing was linked to it.
Ok, I'm pretty confused. As long as you know what you're doing, lol.

I have two FFXI accounts on my SE account, and will add both of my FFXIV accounts to it (one for me, one for wife) once I can.

Btw, sent you a PM.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-17 20:43:43
Link | Citer | R

I don't exactly know what I'm doing, except nature made me realize what I was confused about.. Once I actually make my FFXIV account when the game goes live, I'll then need to link it to my SE account, or something like that.. I know what I'm thinking, just can't put it into words..

About the PM I know my email goes straight to my phone so I know pretty much instantly when I have a PM, just didn't have time to respond right away.
 Cerberus.Yachiruu
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Yachiruu 2010-09-19 17:48:42
Link | Citer | R

how can i change from Disciple of war, Gladiator to marauder? do i just buy an Axe?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 17:50:32
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Yachiruu said:
how can i change from Disciple of war, Gladiator to marauder? do i just buy an Axe?
Just buy whatever weapon and equip it.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-19 18:25:26
Link | Citer | R

Soooo can't wait for initial release. Kinda sad I haven't been able to play it much in the las week or so, but I really hope everything goes over well. The initial DL for the official client is going to be a nightmare though lol. Its its anything like OB was, many are going to get stuck. Then again, the only people with access to it will be those who preordered the collectors edition if I'm not mistaken.

Once beta is over don't forget to uninstall your beta clients folks!

::EDIT::
SquareEnix said:
→ To receive the in-game bonus items that come with FINAL FANTASY XIII (initial batch only), FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition, or FINAL FANTASY XIV Standard Edition, you will need to register the item codes which comes with the corresponding product.
Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I might be misunderstanding this. According to this statement, we won't get the item until we get the product code from said product. If we have to wait until we actually have the product in hand to get the code, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of being able to play early? SE specifically said that characters created prior to inputting the item code will not receive it unless they create a new character.

So in other words you play early, and then you're forced to recreate again if you want the in-game item? At least thats what it sounds like to me. I realize its only 9 days between early access and official release, but its still an inconvenience if this is the case.

Again, I could be misunderstanding this. :\
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 18:32:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Soooo can't wait for initial release. Kinda sad I haven't been able to play it much in the las week or so, but I really hope everything goes over well. The initial DL for the official client is going to be a nightmare though lol. Its its anything like OB was, many are going to get stuck. Then again, the only people with access to it will be those who preordered the collectors edition if I'm not mistaken.

Once beta is over don't forget to uninstall your beta clients folks!

And yeah, til the 1st (I think that's when everyone else gets in) only those who have CE get in (not sure if you have to of pre-ordered it)
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-19 18:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Yes you have to have it preordered iirc, both me and my mate do. :3
From my above post, I'm not sure how the code for the in-game items will be handled for people with early access.
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 18:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Just deleted my client.

See you all in 3 days or so :D

BTW My game is actually being delivered to me, I'm not getting a code first.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 18:46:06
Link | Citer | R

A friend said he already had his gloves from having FFXIII, as for the item you get from CE, I'm not so much concerned with that as I am the Hermes shoes..

I sure hope SE plans on us being able to put in all our codes/get our special items from the early release, otherwise getting to play early loses a lot of it's value since you'd have to restart once the full release hits and you can finally put in all your stuff..
Flionheart said:
Just deleted my client.

See you all in 3 days or so :D

BTW My game is actually being delivered to me, I'm not getting a code first.

Mine's coming through the mail too... Hope it actually gets here when it's supposed to.. Kinda worried about this.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-19 18:47:45
Link | Citer | R

Forgot to mention that I will be staying on Trabia after all. :) Be more than happy to remake the LS and go about pearling people. It should be much easier this time around since I know where I'm actually going, lol.

I'm not sure if you guys want to keep the same LS name or not. For those who will have early access, we have 3 days to figure it out. :) Any input is welcome!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-19 18:49:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Forgot to mention that I will be staying on Trabia after all. :) Be more than happy to remake the LS and go about pearling people. It should be much easier this time around since I know where I'm actually going, lol.

I'm not sure if you guys want to keep the same LS name or not. For those who will have early access, we have 3 days to figure it out. :) Any input is welcome!
Honestly (and I've said it in game before) I don't really care what the name is, I just care that it's the same people..

Having said that, I'm not at all opposed to keeping with Linkshell Ni, just seems 'right' somehow.. We all come from different parts of the world/different cultures different servers even.. Kinda hard to find something that fits us all.

Assuming my ***actually gets here in time, you can expect to see me in the early release as well, I preordered my CE quite a while ago..
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-19 18:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Regarding LS creation...Krizz, do you want me to do it or would you like to? Since you have a website up and running as well, or would that be a bit too much? If you don't feel like handling it I'll be more than happy to do it myself and just leave the website to you. Just wanted to run that by you.
By Flionheart 2010-09-19 19:01:10
Link | Citer | R

btw just because I don't type here much doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to it lol.

I just... well don't have much to say about XIV.

But glad you'll be with us Oum ^^
 Alexander.Lunay
Serveur: Alexander
user: Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-09-19 19:25:40
Link | Citer | R

I have a code for the Asuran Armband but I imported my copy of FFXIII. I tried registering the code any way to see what happens and, as expected, it wouldn't let me because of the region. But I am confident it will work if I had a Japanese Management Account.

So if by any chance there is someone out there with NA code but uses a Japanese account, send me a PM and let's swap? If not, I will gladly donate my code to someone that can use it.
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-19 19:52:39
Link | Citer | R

So is the beta client already down?! I wanted to see my beta characters off before the client whent down!! No!!!!!

/cry

I may never see them again.

And about the registration code. What's stopping you from inputing the code while it's downloading onto your computer? Am I missing something?
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-09-19 23:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
SquareEnix said:
→ To receive the in-game bonus items that come with FINAL FANTASY XIII (initial batch only), FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition, or FINAL FANTASY XIV Standard Edition, you will need to register the item codes which comes with the corresponding product.
Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I might be misunderstanding this. According to this statement, we won't get the item until we get the product code from said product. If we have to wait until we actually have the product in hand to get the code, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of being able to play early? SE specifically said that characters created prior to inputting the item code will not receive it unless they create a new character.

So in other words you play early, and then you're forced to recreate again if you want the in-game item? At least thats what it sounds like to me. I realize its only 9 days between early access and official release, but its still an inconvenience if this is the case.

Where did you pre-order your game from? I've heard people speculating that Gamestop will be emailing out codes to download the game early but not shipping out the actual box(and codes) until the 30th.

That could be true for Gamestop, but I pre-ordered from Amazon and my game is still set to be delivered on the 22nd.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-20 11:48:14
Link | Citer | R

I pre-ordered from Gamestop back in July. I hope they would at least email the codes to those people. It would be nice.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-20 11:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kowen said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
SquareEnix said:

Where did you pre-order your game from? I've heard people speculating that Gamestop will be emailing out codes to download the game early but not shipping out the actual box(and codes) until the 30th.

That could be true for Gamestop, but I pre-ordered from Amazon and my game is still set to be delivered on the 22nd.

I'm beginning to think the "they will email you the code for early access" thing is *** due to the fact that I know everyone that works at my local gamestop (and it's the one I preordered from) and if I was missing any kind of information they would need to do something like this, they would have contacted me already.
 Asura.Kosmik
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2010-09-20 11:54:20
Link | Citer | R

If you pre-ordered from gamestop with overnight shipping, you will receive it on the 22nd.
That's their guarantee anyway, and I have never had a problem with it on any other game.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-20 12:17:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kosmik said:
If you pre-ordered from gamestop with overnight shipping, you will receive it on the 22nd.
That's their guarantee anyway, and I have never had a problem with it on any other game.
Yeah but over night shipping isn't one of the options >.< At least not for me.. I live in Texas, so I don't fall into their areas where it's not available, but the fastest option that was available to me was 1 day shipping. I'm hoping that over night shipping was incorrectly worded and they meant 1 day shipping.
 Asura.Kosmik
user: HydroFoxx
By Asura.Kosmik 2010-09-20 12:36:43
Link | Citer | R

Yea it does say "Must have Overnight Service available in your area."
I do live right near a UPS hub tho.
Texas has a ton of UPS hubs too so it's kinda surprising you wouldn't have the overnight option available.
The overnight option is the one priced $9.99.
I think the next option is a "2nd day" or something similar.

This is what I have on my order page:

Handling Method:
USA Overnight - $9.99
Allow 1 business day for transit & 1 business day for processing.

(the processing occurs the night before)
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-20 12:40:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Regarding LS creation...Krizz, do you want me to do it or would you like to? Since you have a website up and running as well, or would that be a bit too much? If you don't feel like handling it I'll be more than happy to do it myself and just leave the website to you. Just wanted to run that by you.
It doesn't matter to me. It may just come down to which of us is up and playing first. I ordered mine from Amazon, and it's not showing as shipped yet. That makes me uncomfortable.

However, I've already started modifying my site so I'm prepared to plug in the release patches and whatnot.

Glad you're sticking with us.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-20 12:41:38
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Since when is Krizz the leader now? I've been the leader from the start, the only reason you made the shell in the beta is because you got there first.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 198 199 200 ... 216 217 218