First Page 2 3 ... 196 197 198 ... 216 217 218
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 12:24:10
Link | Citer | R

http://linkshellni.guildportal.com

This is the current guildportal site for our LS on Trabia.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-14 12:25:41
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
If Ni gets a Boat... can I sing the "I'm on a Boat!" song...?

Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-14 13:15:47
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:

Nice, thanks. Also, congrats on the mod status. ^^
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-14 14:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Nice, thanks. Also, congrats on the mod status. ^^
Thanks.

I've still got to go in and tweak things, but I got distracted yesterday between mod status, Abyssea, and RL stuff.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-14 14:35:06
Link | Citer | R

Looks good so far. GOnna quote my post about the name thing in case it got lost on the last page rq:

"Was it ever discussed if everyone will be staying on Trabia? If so I can remake the pearl unless my XI LS suddenly decides to go to a different server, which I'm hopefully about to find out. If I stay (very good chance I will btw) I'll remake the pearl or we can decide on a new name if need be. I believe Krizz has a website somewhat up and running if I'm not mistaken?

On a side note, the XIV Windower is virus-free. (I think someone said they didn't want to use it because they were afraid of viruses.) Ran the scans myself.

Not to mention is runs beautifully. So nice to be able to ALT+TAB again without dropping the game.
Anyone that decides to use it and has any questions, feel free to direct them to me."

:x
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 14:48:26
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Looks good so far. GOnna quote my post about the name thing in case it got lost on the last page rq:

"Was it ever discussed if everyone will be staying on Trabia? If so I can remake the pearl unless my XI LS suddenly decides to go to a different server, which I'm hopefully about to find out. If I stay (very good chance I will btw) I'll remake the pearl or we can decide on a new name if need be. I believe Krizz has a website somewhat up and running if I'm not mistaken?

On a side note, the XIV Windower is virus-free. (I think someone said they didn't want to use it because they were afraid of viruses.) Ran the scans myself.

Not to mention is runs beautifully. So nice to be able to ALT+TAB again without dropping the game.
Anyone that decides to use it and has any questions, feel free to direct them to me."

:x

Weirdly enough I can't get it running. It should run but I just get it load for less than a second and then nothing come up :(
 Leviathan.Snomm
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-14 23:42:20
Link | Citer | R

If anyone is available to answer, is there a reason why my name doesn't show up on the FFXIV characters list on this website? I put in my name and server so it is linked to my FFXI account, but it doesn't show up in the list.
 Lakshmi.Galathea
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galatea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-09-15 03:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Snomm said:
If anyone is available to answer, is there a reason why my name doesn't show up on the FFXIV characters list on this website? I put in my name and server so it is linked to my FFXI account, but it doesn't show up in the list.
Neither does mine, give it some time, maybe it takes a few days to update?
 Asura.Meowzma
Serveur: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-15 05:31:37
Link | Citer | R

http://news.nvidia.com:8080/t/144486/12013420/3074/0/

New Nvidia beta drivers out if anyone wants to test them on XIV.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-15 08:03:43
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galathea said:
Leviathan.Snomm said:
Neither does mine, give it some time, maybe it takes a few days to update?
Interesting. Mine isn't either, and I added it the day after it was created. I'll talk to Scragg about it.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-09-15 08:10:28
Link | Citer | R

Mine shows up :/ weird.
 Leviathan.Snomm
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-15 11:36:41
Link | Citer | R

nevermind on my last posts, mine and Krizz got put up. I just assume either it doesn't auto-refresh itself or Scragg wants to personally verify that the name exists since it is only a beta and data mining like what is done for FFXI off of the linkshell website is impossible...no database, no automatically updated verifiable information.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-15 15:19:17
Link | Citer | R

So I've got my desktop computer up and running after my upgrades. I am running the game on nearly max settings (shadows are normal instead of highest. buffer is resolution instead of double). I get minimal lag. I'm going to lower the settings a tad to get back to the point where I have zero lag (default settings didn't lag one bit).

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
4GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Penitum Dual Core E6600 CPU 3.06GHz (clocks at 3.1)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-15 16:13:41
Link | Citer | R

So I got some closer shots of the airship (if that is what it is) that flew by me like a week or so ago..
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-15 21:53:43
Link | Citer | R

<.<;; I'll just leave this here..

Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-15 21:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
So I've got my desktop computer up and running after my upgrades. I am running the game on nearly max settings (shadows are normal instead of highest. buffer is resolution instead of double). I get minimal lag. I'm going to lower the settings a tad to get back to the point where I have zero lag (default settings didn't lag one bit).

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
4GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Penitum Dual Core E6600 CPU 3.06GHz (clocks at 3.1)

So since you're using a GeForce 400 series, I assume the Beta Drivers released last night are working fine? I wanted to download and see if any issues were resolved, but didn't want to risk *** more ***up than what was wrong already.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-15 22:21:42
Link | Citer | R

Not using them. Only installed what was on the CD that came with the card.
By Flionheart 2010-09-15 23:27:08
Link | Citer | R

Garlemald

The Garlean Empire controls the majority of the northern and eastern regions of the enormous landmass of the three continents─of which Eorzea is a part. Until some fifty years ago, Garlemald was a small, remote nation which held little more than a fraction of the northlands. But with the revolutionary advancements in technology and dramatic restructuring of the military ushered in by an ambitious commanding legatus who later ascended to the seat of Emperor, Garlemald soon established itself as one of the most formidable forces in all of Hydaelyn.

The gigantic imperial warships which scorch the skies carry onboard fleets of the Empire's juggernaut; magitek-clad winged machina armed with devastating weaponry that are dispatched throughout the realm to rain terror and destruction from above. These forces, together with an immense standing army equipped with equally imposing arms and armor, grant Garlemald unrivaled military might. As the Empire's dominion expands into Eorzea, however, even its countless legions have begun to lack for numbers, and a policy of drafting and conscription has been implemented in all conquered lands.

Imperial Centurion

The weapons and armor of Garlemald are the true testament to the Empire's technologies. The centurions of their standing armies are bedecked in imposing armor fashioned from lightweight metal alloys, beneath which are worn near indestructible battle garb woven of strong, synthetic fibers. Their weapon of choice is the gunblade, an ingenious integration of sword and firearm into a single instrument of killing, equally capable of dispatching enemies at close-quarters and at range. The centurions are complete warriors, and in addition to their unmatched prowess and ruthlessness as assault troops, they also boast stalwart defenses, at times exhibiting almost complete imperviousness to fire- and ice-based attacks, as well as firearms.

Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-15 23:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Hopefully the Empire is a more compelling "Anonymous" villain than the beastmen/Shadow Lord in FFXI. They certainly don't lack for style, and with Judge Gabranth as Emperor, who knows! (not really Gabranth, but same armor, and *** all you FFXII haters)
By Flionheart 2010-09-15 23:31:29
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Hopefully the Empire is a more compelling "Anonymous" villain than the beastmen/Shadow Lord in FFXI. They certainly don't lack for style, and with Judge Gabranth as Emperor, who knows! (not really Gabranth, but same armor, and *** all you FFXII haters)

It really reminds of the beginning parts of IX's story. Notice how they seemed to bump up in technology relatively fast? It's kinda like there's someone pulling the strings. In IX Kuja was manipulating Brahne into attacking the other countries and providing her with the weapons to do so for a price.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-16 07:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

grats good sir
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-16 07:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:

grats good sir
Thank you <.< they sell fast as hell too. First one sold within 2 mins of putting it in bazaar.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-16 09:47:27
Link | Citer | R

How much you want for those knuckles, Slip?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-16 10:03:33
Link | Citer | R

Omg they hit so hard. Shiny, shiny knuckles ... /pets them my precious...
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-16 10:04:51
Link | Citer | R

Krizz, give the new Nvidia drivers a go. Friend of mine, whom I coerced into testing them, says the game runs a bit smoother and is less jumpy in most situations. The 460 seems to have been given a boost across the board with them as well. You can wait for WHQL release within the next week or so though, as these are beta.

The beta Nvidia drivers seem to improve performance in FFXI and FFXIV.

Edit! Make sure you get the beta drivers and not the latest WHQL release! The current WHQL release is awful for FFXIV. It works on half the systems and reverts the others to slide shows in FFXIV.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-16 10:18:05
Link | Citer | R

Krizz, give the new Nvidia drivers a go. Friend of mine, whom I coerced into testing them, says the game runs a bit smoother and is less jumpy in most situations. The 460 seems to have been given a boost across the board with them as well. You can wait for WHQL release within the next week or so though, as these are beta.

Edit! Make sure you get the beta drivers and not the latest WHQL release! The current WHQL release is awful for FFXIV. It works on half the systems and reverts the others to slide shows in FFXIV.
I'll consider it. I tend to not fool with drivers that aren't broken. My game pays just fine. The only time I get lag is purposely doing a stress test with settings on max.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-09-16 10:23:22
Link | Citer | R

I hear you, I tend to wait for WHQL drivers myself. But if I was having issues like some poor people with the 400 series in FFXIV, I'd try anything to fix it. ^^

Side note... I saw a laptop with a 5850 and a tri-core Phenom II for $699 on base with an "Open Box" sticker on it... currently debating whether or not to go back for it. I really don't "need" a new laptop... and the misses would be pissed... but 5850 + Phenom II 3 core for under $700?! Uggh! Help me decide oh random internet people!

Edit: Now I'm trying to justify it by looking online to see what I could sell my business lappy for... Then I could tell her that work required that I play FFXIV because it teaches me how to interact with dangerous animals... or something... she'll totally believe that... :|

Edited Edit: Maybe I'll just procrastinate about it until someone else buys it. Then I can go back and be all like "Nooooooooooooooooo!! Whhhhhhhyyyyy?!" and then calmly walk out knowing I didn't buy something I really didn't need. But that's no fun at all :(
By Darkwizard 2010-09-16 11:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:

I'll consider it. I tend to not fool with drivers that aren't broken. My game pays just fine. The only time I get lag is purposely doing a stress test with settings on max.

Ya man wait for official driver . I tried this beta driver yesterday man i had so much lag i though i was in hell. Took me 10mins to walk from market place to adventure guild in limsa. So i decided to uninstall the driver and put back old one man i notice a real speed increase. Game was running a lot smoother with old driver. They need to tweak that beta driver a lot more.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-16 12:39:48
Link | Citer | R

The guide has been updated. The open beta client only requires three patches now.

http://tehkrizz.net/guide.asp
First Page 2 3 ... 196 197 198 ... 216 217 218