Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » XIV Open beta August 31st
XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 190 191 192 ... 216 217 218
By Izey 2010-09-11 22:06:18
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:
So once again! Neither of my Desktops can run FFXIV.... but my shitty laptops can >_>
I even updated to Windows 7, updated my drivers (To my knowledge) I went through all of em and I keep getting the message "Couldn't not find any new info... blah blah... Drivers are up to date."

***Please keep in mind, I'm trying to run the Client... not the Game, but the Download-er... meaning that even if the computer didn't meet the requirements... it should still let me at least download the game and let me fail then >_>

(((((System: Sony VGC-RB60G))))
Exceptions, has 500gb Hard drive, and 2gb of Memory, all else is stock.
The following occurs: I install the client... a short cut on my desktop pops up... I click it and get this....

If you have any suggestions please let me know, I've been researching for days trying to figure out a way to make this run... I got 3 pre-ordered FFXIV's CE, so I want to make sure I know what the problem is and fix it... before Sept.22 =\

Thanks in advance... and once again sorry for the bother.
>.<

If no one has an idea I'll just quit after this cause it's too annoying at this point =\
 Asura.Kowen
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-09-11 22:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:
***Please keep in mind, I'm trying to run the Client... not the Game, but the Download-er... meaning that even if the computer didn't meet the requirements... it should still let me at least download the game and let me fail then >_>

I've actually read a lot of cases where even the installer won't even start up if the computer is under the requirements.

A good friend of mind was having the same issue, but after getting a new GPU (the rest of her computer met the minimum) everything ran fine.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-11 22:47:29
Link | Citer | R

Integrated graphics. Old integrated graphics.

Won't run FFXIV.
 Ramuh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-11 23:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Hey Krizz, hows the Linkshell site coming along? :3
By Izey 2010-09-11 23:45:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:

Won't run FFXIV.

Ok then if this computer can't un it because of minimum requirements... I cant understand why my GF's new HP wont, cause it defnitely is above minimum requirements =\
Well I got a message to look up each river individually online for upates instead of hitting the "Update" button, so we'll try that I guess.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Izey 2010-09-12 00:03:23
Link | Citer | R

One more thing, Specifically which drivers should I look to update (Don't say All >_>) IF anyone can be specific please thanks in advance appreciate it =)
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-12 00:11:51
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Mairah said:
http://Linkshellni.guildportal.com

I'm asleep.
By Kowen 2010-09-12 04:42:52
Link | Citer | R

This is happening to a friend. Certain text isn't showing up correctly and a lot of buttons are completely missing it. Any ideas what could be the cause?

Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-12 04:45:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Mairah said:

I'm asleep.
Someone should have consulted with me before doing this, since the name of the shell is going to change on retail.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 04:47:59
Link | Citer | R

inb4 shitstorm
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-12 05:27:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Mairah said:

I'm asleep.
Someone should have consulted with me before doing this, since the name of the shell is going to change on retail.
Is it?

Anyway, it can be changed so no need to worry.
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-12 10:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:
annoying at this point =\

You're telling me.
Izey said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Won't run FFXIV.

I cant understand why my GF's new HP wont

It doesn't matter how good your woman's PC is, if you're both using on-board graphics, which you BOTH ARE, then you can't run XIV.

HP Pavilion a6814y Desktop PC Product Specifications
hp.com said:
Video Graphics
Integrated on motherboard (see motherboard and chipset)

XIV doesn't support this.
 Fairy.Victoire
Serveur: Fairy
user: Alexandre
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-12 12:07:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meowzma said:
Izey said:
annoying at this point =\
You're telling me.
Izey said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Integrated graphics. Old integrated graphics. Won't run FFXIV.
I cant understand why my GF's new HP wont
It doesn't matter how good your woman's PC is, if you're both using on-board graphics, which you BOTH ARE, then you can't run XIV. HP Pavilion a6814y Desktop PC Product Specifications
hp.com said:
Video Graphics Integrated on motherboard (see motherboard and chipset)
XIV doesn't support this.
Those integraded cards only have like 256MB of Vram, I belive that's why it won't run. I bought a brand new HP cause my old one wouldn't house the ne video card cause the case is too small and even though it said it met the requirements, the Vram was too low.
 Cerberus.Mofongo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mofongo
By Cerberus.Mofongo 2010-09-12 12:16:21
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:
Izey said:
So once again! Neither of my Desktops can run FFXIV.... but my shitty laptops can >_>
I even updated to Windows 7, updated my drivers (To my knowledge) I went through all of em and I keep getting the message "Couldn't not find any new info... blah blah... Drivers are up to date."

(((((System: Sony VGC-RB60G))))
Exceptions, has 500gb Hard drive, and 2gb of Memory, all else is stock.
The following occurs: I install the client... a short cut on my desktop pops up... I click it and get this....

If you have any suggestions please let me know, I've been researching for days trying to figure out a way to make this run... I got 3 pre-ordered FFXIV's CE, so I want to make sure I know what the problem is and fix it... before Sept.22 =\

Thanks in advance... and once again sorry for the bother.
>.<

If no one has an idea I'll just quit after this cause it's too annoying at this point =\

whats your graphic card?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-12 12:20:28
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mofongo said:
whats your graphic card?
The posts above this are responses to that. It's onboard with only 256 vram.
 Cerberus.Mofongo
user: Mofongo
By Cerberus.Mofongo 2010-09-12 12:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Mofongo said:
whats your graphic card?

oh okay.
well i had this problem and fixed it by updating the graphic cards, in my case i have ati.

but id think u can.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-12 12:26:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mofongo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Mofongo said:
whats your graphic card?

oh okay.
well i had this problem and fixed it by updating the graphic cards, in my case i have ati.

but id think u can.
Nah. His card just isn't good enough. Doesn't matter how up to date it is.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-12 12:51:06
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Mofongo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Mofongo said:
whats your graphic card?

oh okay.

but id think u can.

not only that even if he does get a new graphics/video card his desktop only has a 300W power supply
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-12 12:55:55
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:

not only that even if he does get a new graphics/video card his desktop only has a 300W power supply
Ouch. I didn't even look at that.

Unrelated edit: I'm downloading today's patch right now. Should be up in 15-20 minutes.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-12 12:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Victoire said:
Asura.Meowzma said:
[stuff]
Those integraded cards only have like 256MB of Vram, I belive that's why it won't run. I bought a brand new HP cause my old one wouldn't house the ne video card cause the case is too small and even though it said it met the requirements, the Vram was too low.

Doesn't matter about size of Vram, there is a post on the Beta forums, this guy has a GT330 (a laptop graphics card which can have 1-2GB) and he crashes like crazy.

As far as I've read, the Beta doesn't like on-board graphics, doesn't support Crossfire/SLI and doesn't support more than 2 cores of CPU.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-12 13:01:09
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Unrelated edit: I'm downloading today's patch right now. Should be up in 15-20 minutes.
Not like PSU's are expensive.. Hell I got a 650 or 700 watt (can't remember which) OCZ PSU for like 80 bucks.
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-12 13:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Not like PSU's are expensive.. Hell I got a 650 or 700 watt (can't remember which) OCZ PSU for like 80 bucks.

might not fit in his hp desktop, they are very small towers
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-12 13:03:26
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

might not fit in his hp desktop, they are very small towers
That's the brand of tower I bought that PSU for.. I have an ASUS now tho. Unless it's one of the slim line ones like my wife's, it'll fit.

It was an m7760n to be exact.
 Fairy.Victoire
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-12 13:03:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meowzma said:
Fairy.Victoire said:
Asura.Meowzma said:
[stuff]
Doesn't matter about size of Vram, there is a post on the Beta forums, this guy has a GT330 (a laptop graphics card which can have 1-2GB) and he crashes like crazy. As far as I've read, the Beta doesn't like on-board graphics, doesn't support Crossfire/SLI and doesn't support more than 2 cores of CPU.
I just assumed it was because of the VRAM because the integraded card in my PC was supposed to be better than the card that I purchased, the only difference being that the Vram on the card was 1gig and the vram on the integraded card was 256.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-12 13:05:55
Link | Citer | R

I've found a Priority Booster, just had a mate test it but I personally haven't, yet.

Similar to XI, when you tab out, XIV auto-sets the priority of the game to Low (basically telling your PC that XIV isn't important, so it uses less resources).

The above keeps it set to Normal even after tabbing out. But of course, not my responsibility if your PC sets on fire.
 Fairy.Victoire
By Fairy.Victoire 2010-09-12 13:07:17
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Mofongo said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Cerberus.Mofongo said:
whats your graphic card?
oh okay. well i had this problem and fixed it by updating the graphic cards, in my case i have ati. but id think u can.
Mine is only 250w and and it runs the game.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-12 13:11:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meowzma said:
I've found a Priority Booster, just had a mate test it but I personally haven't, yet.

Similar to XI, when you tab out, XIV auto-sets the priority of the game to Low (basically telling your PC that XIV isn't important, so it uses less resources).

The above keeps it set to Normal even after tabbing out. But of course, not my responsibility if your PC sets on fire.
Just tells me process not found.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-12 13:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Today's patch is posted.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-12 13:31:40