XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 216 217 218
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-08-31 21:21:48
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
45% DL now. :3 ***needs to pick up when I let it run after I go to sleep.

Make sure the correct ports on your router (if applicable)are opened. On netgear routers, they should be 55296-55551. I opened those guys and the official update download went literally ten times faster. Still not lightning fast, but more in line with what you'd expect a 5GB (Give or take) download to take.
 Asura.Kowen
Serveur: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-08-31 21:23:00
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Xya said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Aframann said:
Oh!! Can you let us know how please if you got the time and patience?

It's a lot less complicated to get it working than it used to be. I think you can just go to http://www.motioninjoy.com/, download the program, and just install the drivers and everything through that.

When you plug in your PS3 controller (with the drivers installed) it will be in "analog mode" by default. You need to then open the motioninjoy tool and choose one of the digital controller modes. I think "digital 3" has the most features.

This works with Windows 7 64bit?
Ah I gave up with it quite a few months back. If this works then I'm all over it. Using my boyfriend's old PC controller now for mindlessly running around and its too big for my little hands :< Like a giant *** xbox controller ; ;

Edit: From what I see with this, you still have to manually disable signed driver enforcement every time you boot up or turn on Test Mode and use the overrider. Though the program does skip over a lot of the doody from previous guides I read.

Ah, yeah you're right, I remember having to do that. I think it was just a few command lines and a reboot but it's not the safest thing to do.

MS will probably never allow official drivers to be made, though... I'm sure they'd much rather have people buying extra 360 controllers.
 Leviathan.Xya
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Amarante
By Leviathan.Xya 2010-08-31 21:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kowen said:
Leviathan.Xya said:
Asura.Kowen said:
Aframann said:
Oh!! Can you let us know how please if you got the time and patience?

It's a lot less complicated to get it working than it used to be. I think you can just go to http://www.motioninjoy.com/, download the program, and just install the drivers and everything through that.

When you plug in your PS3 controller (with the drivers installed) it will be in "analog mode" by default. You need to then open the motioninjoy tool and choose one of the digital controller modes. I think "digital 3" has the most features.

This works with Windows 7 64bit?
Ah I gave up with it quite a few months back. If this works then I'm all over it. Using my boyfriend's old PC controller now for mindlessly running around and its too big for my little hands :< Like a giant *** xbox controller ; ;

Edit: From what I see with this, you still have to manually disable signed driver enforcement every time you boot up or turn on Test Mode and use the overrider. Though the program does skip over a lot of the doody from previous guides I read.

Ah, yeah you're right, I remember having to do that. I think it was just a few command lines and a reboot but it's not the safest thing to do.

MS will probably never allow official drivers to be made, though... I'm sure they'd much rather have people buying extra 360 controllers.

Yeah that's why I didn't mess with it in the first place. I have awful luck with computers and would probably end up crashing everything =/
I saw on the installation guide that they want to apply for a signature for the driver... but they need donations as that can cost a couple hundred dollars. So we'll see I guess. Could just jack one of my boyfriend's 306 controllers, but then we have the same problem of big controller and small hands >< (Oh, and horrible d-pad, let's not forget the horrible d-pad...)
 Valefor.Cloudxi
Serveur: Valefor
user: Cloudxi
By Valefor.Cloudxi 2010-08-31 21:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Glaciont said:

i hope this means i did something right

Yup that's right ^^
By Aframann 2010-08-31 21:45:17
Link | Citer | R

I downloaded the motioninjoy alphax86 and amd64 and my OP is windows 7 64 bit i take it the amd64 is the one i need to use.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-08-31 21:51:54
Link | Citer | R

Awesome :) I'm at the main screen but I get

A valid service account is required to use this service.
Please add or reactivate a service account from the Square Enix Account Management System

So i went to my SEAMS page to activate a FFXIV account but during the process it says I need a registration key... where do you get one? were only certain people selected for this or...?

Edit: Or is this part of the big bad bugs?
 Shiva.Mevan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Mevan
By Shiva.Mevan 2010-08-31 21:54:35
Link | Citer | R

You can get a key at http://entry.ffxiv.com/ but the process isn't working since the open beta is delayed.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 22:44:15
Link | Citer | R

I'm working on this page as a mirror for the torrents, patches, and clients. As soon as I can get a damn FTP program to actually work, I will upload both clients (the open beta one from the official site and the RAR from a closed beta user) and the 1.2GB file. The 4.7GB will have to wait until tomorrow, unfortunately.

I know it's a bit late in the game, but at least I have it ready for the next update once they reopen the beta.
 Lakshmi.Septroth
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Septroth 2010-08-31 22:47:55
Link | Citer | R

I have been siting at 90Kb download and it occasionally spikes to 250Kb and rarely all the way to 550Kb.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-31 22:57:46
Link | Citer | R

Okay, so where do I go to download? < .<

I don't need the reg. key to do that, right?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 23:04:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
http://awk.cenobyte.org/ffxiv/SquareEnix.rar

edit:after you install the client, just replace the SquareEnix folder with that
That is only 3.54GB. The patch alone is 4.7GB and there's another 1GB+ patch.
Laffter, do this one.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-31 23:07:28
Link | Citer | R

Ah, thanks. Is that the client?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 23:08:22
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Yes. You'll still have to do a couple patches, but you avoid the 4.7GB one that's slowing everyone down. I'm in the process of uploading the 1.2GB patch for direct download instead of torrent.

Edit:
The 1.2 GB torrent
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-31 23:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Yes. You'll still have to do a couple patches, but you avoid the 4.7GB one that's slowing everyone down. I'm in the process of uploading the 1.2GB patch for direct download instead of torrent.
Awesome, you always seem to come through for the big stuff.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 23:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Mirror for the open beta client that was removed today.

(Laffter, ignore this)
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-31 23:14:02
Link | Citer | R

Looks like downloading the client alone is gonna take a while, I'ma bookmark this page and go do something else. :3
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 23:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Looks like downloading the client alone is gonna take a while, I'ma bookmark this page and go do something else. :3
I recommend using something like download accelerator plus for the direct downloads.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-08-31 23:17:10
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
I recommend using something like download accelerator plus for the direct downloads.
It's going as fast as it's gonna. I've got 135-140KB/s.
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-31 23:22:33
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Phoenix.Oumura said:
45% DL now. :3 ***needs to pick up when I let it run after I go to sleep.

Make sure the correct ports on your router (if applicable)are opened. On netgear routers, they should be 55296-55551. I opened those guys and the official update download went literally ten times faster. Still not lightning fast, but more in line with what you'd expect a 5GB (Give or take) download to take.
Hmmm. Went and made the neccessary adjustment and still no increase in speed. I give up...more seeders now too. :\

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:

Edit:
The 1.2 GB torrent
***you mean I could have avoided this all if I just DL'd that? -.-;
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 23:28:03
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:

Edit:
The 1.2 GB torrent
***you mean I could have avoided this all if I just DL'd that? -.-;
As far as you are, I can't say it's a good idea to switch. The closed beta client is over 3GB. You end up with the same amount of data, but the direct downloads are quicker.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 23:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Alright, I've updated it as much as I can tonight I think. The 1.2GB patch is going to take 3 hours since apparently my upload rate is limited by my host (to 100 kb/s). It'll be quicker to torrent it for now. Hopefully I can adjust these settings, otherwise it will defeat the entire purpose of having the page.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-31 23:30:44
Link | Citer | R

I'm 52% into the 4.7GB file but its still slow as hell even with ports opened. -.-; My other question was after the DL is complete, do I replace the whole ffxiv-beta folder or just the new d96437e6-folder over the old one that's in the original ffxiv-beta folder already?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 23:44:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oumura said:
I'm 52% into the 4.7GB file but its still slow as hell even with ports opened. -.-; My other question was after the DL is complete, do I replace the whole ffxiv-beta folder or just the new d96437e6-folder over the old one that's in the original ffxiv-beta folder already?
Either will work. Just make sure the .patch files are in the same location.

Edit: Off to sleep. Don't have too much fun.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-31 23:48:04
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm. I'm not good with this so I guess I'll wait until its finished then look at it again. Paranoid that I'll screw it up and have to go through this mess all over again. :3
 Sylph.Tbsod
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tbsod
By Sylph.Tbsod 2010-09-01 00:17:54
Link | Citer | R

is it me or does the 4th rar file stop at a certain point? ive tried dling it like 5 times and it keeps stopping
By Blkninja 2010-09-01 00:32:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Cloudxi said:
If anyone is familiar with jdownloader or megaupload i found someone who posted megaupload links for the update =) http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/12719-open-beta-megaupload-links-install-instructions/ enjoy! EDIT: started downloading and hitting speeds of 1.5mb/s!!!

So if I do this I wont have to do that horrible 12-36hour wait that everyone else is doing?
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-01 01:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tbsod said:
is it me or does the 4th rar file stop at a certain point? ive tried dling it like 5 times and it keeps stopping
When does it stop?
 Sylph.Tbsod
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tbsod
By Sylph.Tbsod 2010-09-01 01:12:11
Link | Citer | R

at roughly ~8 megs, and it just stays there, after a while it will say that it cant be dled. ive dl 1-3 no prob so far and working on 5th
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-01 01:41:29
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tbsod said:
at roughly ~8 megs, and it just stays there, after a while it will say that it cant be dled. ive dl 1-3 no prob so far and working on 5th
Mine is working fine. =/
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 216 217 218