Link | Citer | R

Krizz = God.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-08 13:02:25
Link | Citer | R

ok, so finally managed to get it doing something besides the 20524 error just now. Problem is, that it decided to not want to reboot after installing updates. It just sat there saying "Please wait while FFXIV closes" for 2 hrs. Then I decided to just force close and restart it. Finally get it to start shutting down then it reboots itself and this happened

It has the 9/5 boot version but is downloading all the old patches now.

EDIT: Now it did the whole "FFXIV has stopped working" thing. I'm still working on it.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-08 13:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Yup its downloading all the old updates now. I'm just going to let it do it itself so everything is in order. I just wanted to try and play since FFXI is down at the moment.
 Asura.Meowzma
Serveur: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-08 13:05:52
Link | Citer | R

I'd still suggest fresh windows install imo.
 Diabolos.Delson
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Delson
By Diabolos.Delson 2010-09-08 13:06:31
Link | Citer | R

does the beta key come via email?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 13:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Delson said:
does the beta key come via email?

Yes.
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2010-09-08 13:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meowzma said:
I'd still suggest fresh windows install imo.

You mean re-install Windows OS? Nope, this game ain't that pretty LOL. I plan on building a new desktop in the near future, but for now when i was able to play, it ran just fine on my laptop with adjusted settings. The damn updater has been having issues though pretty much the whole last week.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 13:14:14
Link | Citer | R

I can't seem to find a good, easy-to-use driver for my PS3 controller..

From now on, the term 'Freeballing' will also refer to playing FFXIV without a game controller.
By Darkwizard 2010-09-08 13:19:12
Link | Citer | R

News from beta site that may interest some ppl here.

We would like to take this moment to provide solutions on the issues that could occur during the version update.

- Progress bar stops at certain point during the version update There is a possibility where version update data download have failed. If there is no change on progress bar for more than 20 minutes, please shut down FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version and restart the game.

- Version update progresses slowly/Time out occurs during the version update If the number of remote connections remains to be 0, there is a possibility where UPnP settings are not correct. By adjusting UPnP settings, version update may progress faster. Please refer to the following and make adjustments.

Windows XP:
1. From the Control Panel, select “Network Connections” -> from the toolbar, select “Advanced” -> then select “Optional Networking Components…”
2. Select “Network Services” -> choose “Details.”
3. Check the “UPnP User Interface” box and select OK.

Windows Vista:
1. From the Control Panel, select “View network status and tasks” -> in the “Sharing and Discovery” box change the “Network Discovery” setting to “Turn on network discovery” and select “Apply”.
2. From the Control Panel, select “Additional Options” -> then choose “Security” from the left tab. Select “Allow a program through Windows Firewall”
3. Select the “Exceptions” tab, and in the “Program or port” box, check the “Network Discovery” box. Finally, select “Apply” and then “OK.”

Windows 7:
UPnP is enabled under Windows 7 default settings. Unless you have previously changed these settings, no setup is required.

*Instructions on adjusting UPnP settings is explained along with screenshots are available at the following page.
https://dev-na.ffxiv.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=16619

Above instructions are for setting adjustments on Windows. In case you are using network router, you may also need to adjust the UPnP settings on network router as well. If the version update does not progress properly even after you make an adjustment on Windows, please review the settings on network router.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-08 14:03:24
Link | Citer | R

There is no PC driver support for PS3 controllers. Sony won't let them.

There are unsupported community drivers but they are not digitally signed. (Obviously.) That means modern versions of Windows like 7 or Vista won't run them by default unless you boot into Test Mode. Most won't work with 64 bit Windows, either.

However, any wired 360 controller will work just fine.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 14:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Oh.

FFXIV is very laggy, I made my character but nothing is showing up in-game.. >.>
By Blkninja 2010-09-08 14:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Slingblayde said:
I wish I could rotate the camera with the arrow keys like FFXI, I tried changing the key bindings but it wont work. 3 things that bother me about this game: 1) no AH - how are we going to sell stuff without standing around spamming sale shouts. Guld wars didnt have an AH either and when you were in the city the shouts rolling by was insane. 2) pressing the buttons to attack every time - auto attack was nice, you could engage, and run and grab a beer/drink/take a wizz etc etc. Some people will say its better because u dont get AFK melees, but sometimes being able to kick back in your chair will grinding exp is nice. 3) no Mog house - being able to AFK for a bit or chat in LS in your mog was nice, no spam going by, you could furnish it, or just hang out in it. Some of the pics you guys have posted look good, what kind of PC's are you running it on? Im in the process of buying a new PC just to play this game, gonna get an Intel I7-950, Asus mobo, 6 gigs of ram, Win7, and an Nvidia GTX480. That should play the game nicely. I have a quad core 6600, 4 gigs of ram, and an ATI 4870 now, and it runs the game like caca.
I think they mentioned they were going to add a AH on retail not 100% sure though
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 14:20:29
Link | Citer | R

For some reason, after I pick my character, it won't load the server.. Just sayes "Now loading".
By Darkwizard 2010-09-08 14:28:20
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
For some reason, after I pick my character, it won't load the server.. Just sayes "Now loading".

Need to be patience it will come up sometimes i have to wait like 1-2mins for it to load on my p4
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 14:30:01
Link | Citer | R

Darkwizard said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Need to be patience it will come up sometimes i have to wait like 1-2mins for it to load on my p4

It's been loading for 10-15 mins now, no time out, no music change, nada. If I simply X out, it'll spout off something about DirextX but I have the latest version.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-08 14:30:48
Link | Citer | R

Random feedback on the beta:

- Game is unbelievably gorgeous on highest graphics settings with ambient occlusion. Dear god. Good job, guys, but I hope that isn't where all of your budget went.

- I like the active battle system. Auto-attack has always been a pet peeve of mine in MMO's. It's pretty boring right now, with only one or two attack styles, but I can see how the theorycraft could get very interesting once you add more.

- Like FF11, the game is clearly designed to be played with a controller. The interface for keyboard/mouse is asstastic, but with a controller it's pretty smooth.

- Message buffer limit is way too short. It's enough characters in Japanese, which has a far higher information density, but not for English. It's like talking via Twitter. (Hell, Twitter would be an upgrade.)

- Putting things like character movement server-side is cool, as it prevents warp hacks, etc. But it puts a requirement on the developer's infrastructure to provide extremely low round trip latency. Near-constant R-values of 700+ms won't cut it.

- The trading system is atrocious. If you want folks to buy exclusively from other players, you need to make bazaar viewing/purchasing work over longer distances. The range is so short right now, if someone is moving it will fail.

- The retainer shops are an interesting idea, but suck as currently implemented. A room full of 100+ haphazardly placed NPC's all selling the same trash mob drops is useless to everyone involved, especially given the slowness of the bazaar interface and the fact you can only see about 10-15 of them at a time. I would recommend some kind of limited real estate system with tiered pricing models on the available stalls, and/or some kind of placement rank by amount sold. That'll make retainers selling the most useful and well-priced stuff rise to the top in visibility.

- Needs auction house, but that goes without saying. Not like I have any vested interest in such a thing.

- I'm really worried about content. I haven't heard of many MMO companies only releasing "less than 10%" of their release content during open beta. That's... highly irregular, because you want people in all of your zones/classes/items to find bugs as early as possible. This makes me worry they're just not done yet.

- Specifically, classes. I see very little difference between the melee classes and worry this is all we're getting. Without any "unique" melee prestige classes like samurai, dragoon, etc, I don't really see the point. Similarly, thaumaturge and conjurer seem very similar. I don't get the point of having two caster classes that can both heal and both nuke, unless there's some later "skill tree" type specialization that we just aren't seeing yet.

- The Armoury system is interesting, but distributed stats on physical level invalidates it. If you want to be the best melee or best caster, you will have put all of your stats into physical or mental skills, and you'll be screwed if you switch to another class via Armoury. If you diversify while leveling, you'll never be good at either.

- There are some major configuration options missing. I like that you can drag and place UI elements, but the inability to specify opacity like FF11 is a problem for reading text. Also, there is no controller option for changing active window, which is important. Finally, there's no way to adjust max number of rendered characters on screen. The default seems too high for low-end machines and too low for high-end machines.

- Hardware mouse, guys. I know that artists and designers hate it, because they can't have complete creative control over the presentation, but... srsly.

- There are some input problems with / commands and JP input. This was a problem in FF11 before you fixed it. Mainly, typing /p with JP input engaged will not correctly type the p as a single-width romanji, meaning you have to switch back to English mode to type the /p, then back to JP to type your message. This screws up the buffer logic, and the standard Enter then causes you to send an empty party message.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 14:33:58
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Random feedback on the beta: - Game is unbelievably gorgeous on highest graphics settings with ambient occlusion. Dear god. Good job, guys, but I hope that isn't where all of your budget went. - I like the active battle system. Auto-attack has always been a pet peeve of mine in MMO's. It's pretty boring right now, with only one or two attack styles, but I can see how the theorycraft could get very interesting once you add more. - Like FF11, the game is clearly designed to be played with a controller. The interface for keyboard/mouse is asstastic, but with a controller it's pretty smooth. - Message buffer limit is way too short. It's enough characters in Japanese, which has a far higher information density, but not for English. It's like talking via Twitter. - Putting things like character movement server-side is cool, as it prevents warp hacks, etc. But it puts a requirement on the developer's infrastructure to provide extremely low round trip latency. Near-constant R-values of 700+ms won't cut it. - The trading system is atrocious. If you want folks to buy from other players, you need to make bazaar viewing/purchasing work over longer distances. The range is so short right now, if someone is moving it will fail. - The retainer shops are an interesting idea, but suck as currently implemented. A room full of 100+ haphazardly placed NPC's all selling the same trash mob drops is useless to everyone involved, especially given the slowness of the bazaar interface and the fact you can only see about 10-15 of them at a time. I would recommend some kind of limited real estate system with tiered pricing models on the available stalls, and/or some kind of placement rank by amount sold. That'll make retainers selling the most useful and well-priced stuff rise to the top in visibility. - Needs auction house, but that goes without saying. Not like I have any vested interest in such a thing. - I'm really worried about content. I haven't heard of many MMO companies only releasing "less than 10%" of their release content during open beta. That's... highly irregular, because you want people in all of your zones/classes/items to find bugs as early as possible. This makes me worry they're just not done yet. - Specifically, classes. I see very little difference between the melee classes and worry this is all we're getting. Without any "unique" melee prestige classes like samurai, dragoon, etc, I don't really see the point. Similarly, thaumaturge and conjurer seem very similar. I don't get the point of having two caster classes that can both heal and both nuke, unless there's some later "skill tree" type specialization that we just aren't seeing yet. - The Armoury system is interesting, but distributed stats on physical level invalidates it. If you want to be the best melee or best caster, you will have put all of your stats into physical or mental skills, and you'll be screwed if you switch to another class via Armoury. If you diversify while leveling, you'll never be good at either. - There are some major configuration options missing. I like that you can drag and place UI elements, but the inability to specify opacity like FF11 is a problem for reading text. Also, there is no controller option for changing active window, which is important. Finally, there's no way to adjust max number of rendered characters on screen. The default seems too high for low-end machines and too low for high-end machines. - Hardware mouse, guys. I know that artists and designers hate it, because they can't have complete creative control over the presentation, but... srsly. - There are some input problems with / commands and JP input. This was a problem in FF11 before you fixed it. Mainly, typing /p with JP input engaged will not correctly type the p as a single-width romanji, meaning you have to switch back to English mode to type the /p, then back to JP to type your message. This screws up the buffer logic, and the standard Enter then causes you to send an empty party message.

You forgot to tell them to add Bubbly Bernie. EDIT: And lolGenbu.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 14:56:24
Link | Citer | R

I got in, but it's so choppy and laggy that I can't really even move..
By Zekko 2010-09-08 14:56:28
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Random feedback on the beta:

- Game is unbelievably gorgeous on highest graphics settings with ambient occlusion. Dear god. Good job, guys, but I hope that isn't where all of your budget went.

- I like the active battle system. Auto-attack has always been a pet peeve of mine in MMO's. It's pretty boring right now, with only one or two attack styles, but I can see how the theorycraft could get very interesting once you add more.

- Like FF11, the game is clearly designed to be played with a controller. The interface for keyboard/mouse is asstastic, but with a controller it's pretty smooth.

- Message buffer limit is way too short. It's enough characters in Japanese, which has a far higher information density, but not for English. It's like talking via Twitter. (Hell, Twitter would be an upgrade.)

- Putting things like character movement server-side is cool, as it prevents warp hacks, etc. But it puts a requirement on the developer's infrastructure to provide extremely low round trip latency. Near-constant R-values of 700+ms won't cut it.

- The trading system is atrocious. If you want folks to buy exclusively from other players, you need to make bazaar viewing/purchasing work over longer distances. The range is so short right now, if someone is moving it will fail.

- The retainer shops are an interesting idea, but suck as currently implemented. A room full of 100+ haphazardly placed NPC's all selling the same trash mob drops is useless to everyone involved, especially given the slowness of the bazaar interface and the fact you can only see about 10-15 of them at a time. I would recommend some kind of limited real estate system with tiered pricing models on the available stalls, and/or some kind of placement rank by amount sold. That'll make retainers selling the most useful and well-priced stuff rise to the top in visibility.

- Needs auction house, but that goes without saying. Not like I have any vested interest in such a thing.

- I'm really worried about content. I haven't heard of many MMO companies only releasing "less than 10%" of their release content during open beta. That's... highly irregular, because you want people in all of your zones/classes/items to find bugs as early as possible. This makes me worry they're just not done yet.

- Specifically, classes. I see very little difference between the melee classes and worry this is all we're getting. Without any "unique" melee prestige classes like samurai, dragoon, etc, I don't really see the point. Similarly, thaumaturge and conjurer seem very similar. I don't get the point of having two caster classes that can both heal and both nuke, unless there's some later "skill tree" type specialization that we just aren't seeing yet.

- The Armoury system is interesting, but distributed stats on physical level invalidates it. If you want to be the best melee or best caster, you will have put all of your stats into physical or mental skills, and you'll be screwed if you switch to another class via Armoury. If you diversify while leveling, you'll never be good at either.

- There are some major configuration options missing. I like that you can drag and place UI elements, but the inability to specify opacity like FF11 is a problem for reading text. Also, there is no controller option for changing active window, which is important. Finally, there's no way to adjust max number of rendered characters on screen. The default seems too high for low-end machines and too low for high-end machines.

- Hardware mouse, guys. I know that artists and designers hate it, because they can't have complete creative control over the presentation, but... srsly.

- There are some input problems with / commands and JP input. This was a problem in FF11 before you fixed it. Mainly, typing /p with JP input engaged will not correctly type the p as a single-width romanji, meaning you have to switch back to English mode to type the /p, then back to JP to type your message. This screws up the buffer logic, and the standard Enter then causes you to send an empty party message.

tl;dr game sucks atm? :<
 Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-09-08 15:03:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
From what you posted, you should be waiting for PS3 release or upgrading your computer. Lol
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 15:05:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
From what you posted, you should be waiting for PS3 release or upgrading your computer. Lol

Yeah. -.-
By semimmortal 2010-09-08 15:05:03
Link | Citer | R

Well, we are getting other "classes" but aren't released yet in beta, but the way I see it, it's pretty specialized.

I see a huge difference between a PUG and a LAN for example (HP wise, type of abilities, etc).
Same with the mages. THA wouldn't be an effective healer compared to CON alone.
More like they complement each other (one to debuff/regen, other to buff/heal). Both classes got heal so they won't be lfp forever I guess lol.

So I guess IMO, battle looks fine (other than the 2 days wait for the leves... too long!).

As for the rest. I agree.
Plus the crafting system... I hate it!
By semimmortal 2010-09-08 15:06:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Yeah. -.-
Might or might not work:
http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/14676-ffxiv-priority-booster-official-topic/
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-08 15:26:10
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Yeah. -.-
Might or might not work: http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/14676-ffxiv-priority-booster-official-topic/

All that did was freeze my PC, I had to restart and now that I have, FFXIV crashes, saying something about DirectX.

Apparently I don't have a 'DirectX device'.
 Ragnarok.Nightrain
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nightrain 2010-09-08 15:37:10
Link | Citer | R

I think I am done with beta for now... the game freezes or stuff won't load and so I am forced to d/c then log back in. I basically like the game so far, but I'd rather wait until I can actually level and keep my character and linkshell other than just the name. Sorry to the people I was exploring with last night, I crashed yet again so I just went to bed lol. Hope to see you guys with the new release :) I'm probably going to need to upgrade though x.x;
 Asura.Tristean
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-08 15:55:20
Link | Citer | R

If you guys go to Coerthas and go talk to all the NPCs, you're going to love the lore they're talking about. The game runs smoothly on my setup so my opinion of the game is biased to people who can't run it as smoothly lol but I love everything about the beta so far! This game is gonna rock!
 Ramuh.Tousou
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-08 15:56:18
Link | Citer | R

semimmortal said:

Plus the crafting system... I hate it!

I find gathering(Mining) quite entertaining, but I've heard some people are having trouble with Synthesis.

On the Subject of Specs: I like the customization potential of somewhat bland classes, but I'm also a fan of specialization. Nothing quite like going from "Tank" to "Mother-*** Fortress."
 Bismarck.Danz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-08 17:47:03
Link | Citer | R

yay ordered my nvidia Ge-force 460 1gig OC! sold my 250 for $75 to my local computer store! go skunk-a-rific! :D

can't wait.
 Diabolos.Delson
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Delson
By Diabolos.Delson 2010-09-08 18:09:07
Link | Citer | R

wish my beta key would get here... so bored...
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-09-08 19:25:35
Link | Citer | R

What the hell...

First Page 2 3 ... 174 175 176 ... 216 217 218