XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 216 217 218
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 18:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Well I'm off for the night.

See you tomorrow, when we'll hopefully know more about the beta.

REMEMBER get the client before 19:00 Pdt because they're removing it after that.

Toodles.
By Aframann 2010-08-31 18:10:40
Link | Citer | R

I know its a odd question but we able to link the beta to our FF11 like ive been hearing or is it just a temp thing and we got to start fresh when it is released?
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 18:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Aframann said:
I know its a odd question but we able to link the beta to our FF11 like ive been hearing or is it just a temp thing and we got to start fresh when it is released?

Linking the account to XI allows you to get Hermes Sandles in XIV and also a cheaper XI subscription.
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2010-08-31 18:26:57
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Aframann said:
Linking the account to XI allows you to get Hermes Sandles in XIV and also a cheaper XI subscription.

Cheaper only until January 2011. Also, your name in XIV can be your old XI name+server(i.e. Rikiyame Ifrit).
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 18:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Rikiyame said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Aframann said:

Cheaper only until January 2011. Also, your name in XIV can be your old XI name+server(i.e. Rikiyame Ifrit).
cheaper is cheaper, lol. I'll take it.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 18:29:25
Link | Citer | R

lol, in less then an hour, i've downloaded more then I did in 7 :/
By Aframann 2010-08-31 18:32:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Aframann said:

So the beta is where we can say it starts for us (as in starting our characters and that) so when the disks and game itself is released we keep what we got during this beta that just started? (or it realy starts (with the boots) when the release happens?

Also my character got misspelled in FF11 so in 14 im gonna get the spelling right.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 18:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Aframann said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Aframann said:

So the beta is where we can say it starts for us (as in starting our characters and that) so when the disks and game itself is released we keep what we got during this beta that just started? (or it realy starts (with the boots) when the release happens?

Also my character got misspelled in FF11 so in 14 im gonna get the spelling right.
Just the name.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-08-31 18:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:

....agreed...

i just downloaded all 7 parts in like... a total of two hours -_-'
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 18:38:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Glaciont said:

....agreed...

i just downloaded all 7 parts in like... a total of two hours -_-'

I've only got 3 parts done, but seriously, they are averaging about 15-30 minutes each not complaining at that lol, think SE needs to learn to seed ***properly.
 Leviathan.Xya
user: Amarante
By Leviathan.Xya 2010-08-31 18:38:31
Link | Citer | R

Zekko said:
Leviathan.Xya said:
Maybe this is slightly off topic and I apologize if so, but I'm having issues getting the thing to even start up.

I downloaded the client from the beta site (the one from the email) and installed it. Took no time at all so I was kind of worried, but figured the big stuff was all in the update, this was just the basic client.

Anyway, I got it all installed and tweaked the settings a bit (setting up my controller and adjusting the window size). When I went to start the client up it immediately crashes. I went into my nvidia panel and lowered the settings some, still crashes. Updated the drivers and restarted, crashes. Shut down completely for a few hours then tried again, crashes.

In all honestly my graphics card is well below the minimum requirements on the site, but would that cause the client to crash completely right when it starts up?

Wall-o'-text, sorry.

Im not sure ._.
Lots of people cant get it to work when they are using something that is way below the minimum

So I won't even be opening the client until I shell out $200+ for a graphics upgrade, and even then it might not be enough considering my processor (which is above the GHz requirement, but dual-core) =/
Ah well... I didn't need to put up $80 for the special edition right now anyway. I'll just wait for PS3.
By Aframann 2010-08-31 18:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Ok Krizz im getn it now. Beta is just to get the feel for it and the Boots and that will be givin when it is released (on the 22nd.) I do have nother question if i may guys. I play FF11 on my PS2 and until the PS3 is released im gonna end up on PC for FF14 is it possible to log in and play both or is there gonna be a one at a time log in rule? Thanks for putting up with me gang i need good players like you to help get the latest news.
By Aframann 2010-08-31 18:48:01
Link | Citer | R

Also now that i think of it, if we link the 3 memberships wouldn't it be better we get the discount for the duration of the merged memberships instead of ending on January?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 19:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Aframann said:
Ok Krizz im getn it now. Beta is just to get the feel for it and the Boots and that will be givin when it is released (on the 22nd.) I do have nother question if i may guys. I play FF11 on my PS2 and until the PS3 is released im gonna end up on PC for FF14 is it possible to log in and play both or is there gonna be a one at a time log in rule? Thanks for putting up with me gang i need good players like you to help get the latest news.
You should be able to play FFXI and FFXIV at the same time unless you want to play both on the same console.

Aframann said:
Also now that i think of it, if we link the 3 memberships wouldn't it be better we get the discount for the duration of the merged memberships instead of ending on January?
That would be nice.
By Aframann 2010-08-31 19:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Oh has anyone tried to use a PS3 controller using the cable to the USB port as a PC controller?
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2010-08-31 19:15:50
Link | Citer | R

idk bout ps3 contorller but xbox one work with the PC and ffxiv :) so probably will work.
 Leviathan.Xya
By Leviathan.Xya 2010-08-31 19:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Aframann said:
Oh has anyone tried to use a PS3 controller using the cable to the USB port as a PC controller?

If you have windows 7 its a long, complicated, and overly convoluted process to get it to work. But yes you can.
By Aframann 2010-08-31 19:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Oh!! Can you let us know how please if you got the time and patience?
 Asura.Kataoka
Serveur: Asura
user: Kataoka
By Asura.Kataoka 2010-08-31 20:07:41
Link | Citer | R

When I began downloading the client, it kicked me off of FFXI. Now I'm downloading the version update, will it stop downloading if I log back into FFXI?
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-31 20:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Aframann said:

I tried before, it will charge but wont control anything. Hopefully xya can give us some info
 Asura.Kowen
Serveur: Asura
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-08-31 20:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Aframann said:

It's a lot less complicated to get it working than it used to be. I think you can just go to http://www.motioninjoy.com/, download the program, and just install the drivers and everything through that.

When you plug in your PS3 controller (with the drivers installed) it will be in "analog mode" by default. You need to then open the motioninjoy tool and choose one of the digital controller modes. I think "digital 3" has the most features.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 20:27:04
Link | Citer | R

woot, done downloading :D

Now it's "installing" D:
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-08-31 20:27:12
Link | Citer | R

45% DL now. :3 ***needs to pick up when I let it run after I go to sleep.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-08-31 20:29:17
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Aframann said:

I tried before, it will charge but wont control anything. Hopefully xya can give us some info

i use mine to play ffxi, you just have to download and run this program, and then it works

i'm guessing its the same thing for ffxiv? ?.?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 20:32:48
Link | Citer | R

I can't see why PS3 wouldn't work, just gotta configure it right with motionjoy.

With that in mind, I need to reinstall motionjoy and get it setup to work on my PC :/

bleh, do that ***tomorrow, thing imma go to bed lol, tired as hell.
 Leviathan.Xya
By Leviathan.Xya 2010-08-31 20:35:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kowen said:
Aframann said:

It's a lot less complicated to get it working than it used to be. I think you can just go to http://www.motioninjoy.com/, download the program, and just install the drivers and everything through that.

When you plug in your PS3 controller (with the drivers installed) it will be in "analog mode" by default. You need to then open the motioninjoy tool and choose one of the digital controller modes. I think "digital 3" has the most features.

This works with Windows 7 64bit?
Ah I gave up with it quite a few months back. If this works then I'm all over it. Using my boyfriend's old PC controller now for mindlessly running around and its too big for my little hands :< Like a giant *** xbox controller ; ;

Edit: From what I see with this, you still have to manually disable signed driver enforcement every time you boot up or turn on Test Mode and use the overrider. Though the program does skip over a lot of the doody from previous guides I read.
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-08-31 20:59:27
Link | Citer | R

I still don't understand what to do with all 7 parts when that guide says you only need 4 files form it :/
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 21:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
I still don't understand what to do with all 7 parts when that guide says you only need 4 files form it :/

All I did was once it finished DL it self extracted into the folder it was DL into then I just pasted it all into the folders, after that I was done :)
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-08-31 21:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Glaciont said:

All I did was once it finished DL it self extracted into the folder it was DL into then I just pasted it all into the folders, after that I was done :)

:/ i dun understand...

are all the parts supposed to merge or something?
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-08-31 21:18:39
Link | Citer | R

i hope this means i did something right
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 216 217 218