First Page 2 3 ... 166 167 168 ... 216 217 218
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 13:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I uninstalled the drivers, restarted and it automatically installed the drivers for my graphics card, otherwise there'd be no way to install them as the internet will not display. I tried again, and nothing.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 13:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ok, I uninstalled the drivers, restarted and it automatically installed the drivers for my graphics card, otherwise there'd be no way to install them as the internet will not display. I tried again, and nothing.
Huh? How are you updating the drivers exactly?
 Asura.Meowzma
Serveur: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-07 13:05:37
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like windows update, it does actually scan for graphics drivers, it did actually suggest I update my Nvidia 8800.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 13:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Before, I went to Nvidia and just downloaded them. Just now I uninstalled them, via control panel then restarted, the PC installed the drivers automatically.
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 13:07:16
Link | Citer | R

That's odd. You should still be able to function without your cards drivers installed. (It may be different if yours is integrated, which I'm not sure of.) When I update mine, I uninstall them entirely, reboot, install the new ones, then reboot again.

It shouldn't be installing them on their own. I'm not sure how Nvidia works though. I use ATI.
 Bahamut.Merrickmage
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Merrickmage 2010-09-07 13:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Bahamut.Merrickmage said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Bahamut.Merrickmage said:
Hey guys and galz
So yea I've been doing a little research about 14 cause I have access to the beta testing however, I can't gain access to the game unless I use my GFs computer. But apparently if you are Running windows 7 64 bit OS there this thing called WOW64 which is suppose to run programs that is only made for 32 bit OS to run in Windows on Windows 64. Apparently This is one of the issues that is causing people to get the gray or black screen for when opening the client ie. Downloader. I know my desktop can run it - the graphics card which shouldn't prevent the client/downloader from working properly. so the question is.... Does anybody know how to run programs under WOW64 if so this would be great help to alot of us. Also when I was trying to open the client and got the solution problem checker I went into the event logger and found there is also a compatibility issue I think this may because of the WOW64 not kicking in but I had tried all the possible compatibility mode and still did not work. So therefore, if you have Window 7 64 bit OS be prepared to end up doing alot of tweaking.
my 64-bit Windows 7 is my only machine that runs ffxiv.
Did you have to do any tweaking when you first got access or what?
No.
Huh... I don't understand than cause I've tried almost everything possible to run it. Unless there is some way that a graphics card can stop the client from running which I highly doubt it would do something like that. Before you ask its a Nvidia GeForce 7050 / nForce 620i integrated graphic which I do plan on getting a new PCI express Graphics card but I don't want to get and find out that there is still something else that is preventing me from playing
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-07 13:07:31
Link | Citer | R

Just a few more questions, 'cuz I'm getting conflicting answers in-game:

- Do we basically only have rank 1 equip/armor available in beta? I've seen some higher rank stuff, but only from player crafters, and for ridiculous sums. (300k for a non rank 1 sword.) The bazaar system is ridiculous -- 70 NPC's haphazardly crowded into a space all selling the same trash mob drops. I hope that's not the only way to find anything.

- Are these the only classes? The lack of differentiation is worrisome. (Nuke and heal roles in the same class?) I'm really hoping that going Gladiator doesn't make me a tank forever, and that I'll get to branch into a prestige class or something later. (A la playing Warrior to get to Samurai in FF11.)

- Is your class selection at character creation basically just to get you starting equipment? The Armoury system implies you can switch classes at will, but my main character info screen "class" doesn't change when I go from say, Gladiator to Conjurer weapon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-07 13:08:52
Link | Citer | R

The servers are coming back up. Not sure if it's temporary or they're coming up a whole hour early. Maintenance isn't scheduled to end until 12:00 PDT.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 13:09:22
Link | Citer | R

Also, now that I have tried to look at my drivers in Add/remove software... there aren't any. When I tried to download the drivers, it wouldn't.
By Darkwizard 2010-09-07 13:09:44
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Darkwizard said:
No that stop the graphic card from crashing game on low end computers like mines.

For the updater if u can zip up your current updater and put on your site that would help some ppl Cuasethe original updater that comes with the Beta there was Black screen of death issue in close beta but Se never bother to put new updater version in the game download. If not i can send u the updated files that some1 sent me awhile ago.

Files that should in your zip are
ffxivupdater.exe
Ffxivboot.exe
Folder -->client/sqwt <--all of that folder files make sure u have the client path included.
Eh? I'll fool around with it, but not sure that will make a difference. I normally only post things that I personally can test.

NP man i understand but this was how i got game to run on my P4 some1 sent me those files after i install game then i unzip those into the directory then the updater and everything started working me.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 13:10:59
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Before, I went to Nvidia and just downloaded them. Just now I uninstalled them, via control panel then restarted, the PC installed the drivers automatically.
This is what I'd do, this is just me.. <.< Because I like to rule out any possibility of problems as best as I can..

I'd disable whatever is auto updating it, go here, fill in my card info, click search(not option 2) download them, uninstall the drivers, restart, (it will install some drivers automatically, but not the complete package) then I'd use the file I downloaded from the site and install them, then restart.

That's just what I'd do.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 13:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

- Do we basically only have rank 1 equip/armor available in beta? I've seen some higher rank stuff, but only from player crafters, and for ridiculous sums. (300k for a non rank 1 sword.) The bazaar system is ridiculous -- 70 NPC's haphazardly crowded into a space all selling the same trash mob drops. I hope that's not the only way to find anything.

- Are these the only classes? The lack of differentiation is worrisome. (Nuke and heal roles in the same class?) I'm really hoping that going Gladiator doesn't make me a tank forever, and that I'll get to branch into a prestige class or something later. (A la playing Warrior to get to Samurai in FF11.)

- Is your class selection at character creation basically just to get you starting equipment? The Armoury system implies you can switch classes at will, but my main character info screen "class" doesn't change when I go from say, Gladiator to Conjurer weapon.
The real class list has been released and it has more jobs. As for the Bazaars, unfortunately its the only way to find things. All rank1 equip is sold by NPC. Anything else is either gained by crafting or by doing leves. I can't imagine this going past release though. My guess is the reason you cant buy higher rank stuff from NPCs or the outrageous prices is bc they're encouraging people to craft to iron out the system for now.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-07 13:11:21
Link | Citer | R

So far I only seen rank 1 :( My armor is getting damaged and sucks I can't fix it myself cause I gotta be Disciple of the Hand. :/

I only got a mask for about 1.5k but others are selling at ridiculous prices.

My friend is a miner and he got a gladius and it changed him to Gladiator. So I guess it should change class.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-07 13:12:32
Link | Citer | R

- It looks like your guild is very important. A lot of Gladiator skills/equip seems only available at the guild in Ur'whatever. Does this effectively mean you're locked into certain starting cities depending on class, at least for the early game, before you're strong enough to travel far?
By Darkwizard 2010-09-07 13:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Nope man u just have to change weapon to change class here. So far only gear is lvl 1 everything else is crafted. from what i found, Maybe some1 else found gear selling else where. But we are still exploring this vast new world LOL.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-07 13:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I'm really hoping that going Gladiator doesn't make me a tank forever, and that I'll get to branch into a prestige class or something later.

I've been thinking about this, and honestly, I'm kind of worried, because the way they have the stat distribution system set up, it kind of DOES lock you into your current job.

For example, I'm maining pug right now. I would LIKE to switch to a samurai-type job later, assuming they add one. But Pug's main stat is dex, so that's what I've been working. Who knows what the sam-type job will end up needing, stat-wise?

There is a "redistribute" stats button, but it only goes back a couple levels worth. So you can't really re-costumize your toon on the fly.

The punchline is that the Armoury system only goes so far: you could theoretically level up a melee job and then switch to a mage job, but your mage is going to suck because you haven't been pumping stats into mnd, int, and piety.

Which, frankly, blows. At least in FFXI, when I switched from SAM to BLM, I had the int appropriate for a BLM.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-07 13:14:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

- Do we basically only have rank 1 equip/armor available in beta?

As far as I have been, this is all there is. Vendor junk or crafting for stupid o'gil.

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
- Are these the only classes?

Yes, though, changing your weapon instantly makes you that class, eg: equiping Hora makes you a Pugilist.

You can learn abilities from this class, however, and equip them for your Gladiator in a BLU-like fashion. This can be done with macros using:
/equip main "weapon name"
/equip action 2 "ability name"
/eaction 3 "ability name"

[where # is the number in your hotbar]

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
- Is your class selection at character creation basically just to get you starting equipment

Yes. Buy a Pole and you'll get the Lancer Abilities, go to menu and you will have Lancer in your status bar. Cross linking abilities makes them slightly weaker and longer CD, though.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 13:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

There's plenty of gear for rank 8's to 20's at reasonable prices.. I myself sell rank 8 daggers to everyone else on the server for 15k (an easy sum to make, and half of that is just costs) to the LS I just sell them at cost.

I've also bought a lot of gear for myself from other people's bazaars, not just rank 1 stuff either. As for the class selection, I think you have a bug, cuz when I switch weapons it automatically switches, like when I equip my Blacksmith's hammer it instantly goes from my TNR on Thau to my TNR on Blacksmith. Your best bet to find new gear, other then doing your leves (there's some decent gear you get from the level 10 and 20 leves) is just checking everyone's bazaar (not their retainer) everytime you see one.. I've seen plenty of gear in people's bazaar, but maybe it's different on your server.
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 13:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
- It looks like your guild is very important. A lot of Gladiator skills/equip seems only available at the guild in Ur'whatever. Does this effectively mean you're locked into certain starting cities depending on class, at least for the early game, before you're strong enough to travel far?
Distance traveling can be done very easily. 90% of the time you don't come across mobs that aggro if you stay on the main road. I believe I was only Physical6 before I went and trekked to the other two cities.

While you may have to do some traveling, there isn't much of a restriction.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 13:16:13
Link | Citer | R

If this doesn't work, I'll just see you guys on FFXIV in March.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-09-07 13:16:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
toon

I hate this word so much
[+]
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-07 13:16:57
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou said:
For example, I'm maining pug right now. I would LIKE to switch to a samurai-type job later, assuming they add one. But Pug's main stat is dex, so that's what I've been working. Who knows what the sam-type job will end up needing, stat-wise?

All melee jobs generally need a mix of STR and DEX, I would hope you're not going all out on DEX and leaving STR gimp.

VIT adds +10HP, so shouldn't be missed too much.
MND = +5MP (I think, might be more)
INT = Spell dmg
PIE = Spell accuracy

Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-09-07 13:16:58
Link | Citer | R

The action macros are this:

/equipaction [slot #] ["action name"] [main hand or sub hand]

Example:
/equipaction 2 "Wrist Flick" main

/equipaction 2 "Action name" sub
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 13:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Quote:
toon

I hate this word so much
Agreed. It's a WoW term and it drives me up the wall, lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-07 13:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Quote:
toon

I hate this word so much

Blame WoW. It started among players there, mostly due to their art style.

"Avatar" continues to be the only word used within the developer community.
[+]
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-07 13:20:06
Link | Citer | R

Also, there are a few Leves that give loot, it's the only place you can get a square maple shield without having it crafted.

Shield is a sub-skill (Sentinel), which has it's own seemingly hidden xp, and it does have it's own abilities.
By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-07 13:20:18
Link | Citer | R

Ok been downloading version update files for FFXIV 9 hours ago and I'm at only 18.3 % lol It saids i still have 21 hours 53 seconds left its going at 24 kB per second lol. It saids this is file H210 1/2 so does that mean i have another 24 hours of downloading after this one is finished 0_o. Also i'd be happy to create a character on Trabia and join the linkshell being made if possible once i get in!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 13:20:33
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik:
1. Bazaar / craft / rewards of guildleves in various places. that's how you can get better gear so far in beta.
2. There are more.
3. um.... It should change o.o might take a min if you're talking about the exp bar when you open the menu...
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
...... you learn the skills when you're at the level... And you can travel to any city whenever you want, just gotta avoid agro mobs. (I made it fine as 5CON 8Physical going from Gridania to Ul'dah and LL)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-07 13:20:47
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Alyria said:
The action macros are this:

/equipaction [slot #] ["action name"] [main hand or sub hand]

Example:
/equipaction 2 "Wrist Flick" main

/equipaction 2 "Action name" sub
Oh god you have no idea how much I love you right now...

I switch back and fourth between Thau and Blacksmith so much and resetting the spells on thau everytime was driving me *** nuts.
First Page 2 3 ... 166 167 168 ... 216 217 218