Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » XIV Open beta August 31st
XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 216 217 218
By Izey 2010-09-07 03:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm I'm running this on my Laptop now runs kinda slow =\

Imma try it on my Desktop if i ever get it to run the dam Wireless Netgear adapter properly -_-;

If it doesnt run good looks like Imma end up buyin a new computer pfft
 Asura.Meowzma
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-07 04:01:22
Link | Citer | R

Kittyanna said:
So I heard through the grapevine that this was a good place to talk about FFXIV and meet friends to play with on this new adventure. I just need to wait for my barely good enough graphics card to arrive to I can join in the beta fun times. Is it good?

You heard wrong; you've been set up for a trap!

The game is.... ok, it's just badly broken and can get annoying, such as failing a quest because the game crashed, and not being able to do the quest again for 40+ hrs... in addition to earning skill-ups during a fight, but you don't actually get credited with them.
Izey said:

Imma try it on my Desktop if i ever get it to run the dam Wireless Netgear adapter properly -_-;

Buy a wire?
By Izey 2010-09-07 04:06:36
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:

Buy a wire?
[/quote]

Cute but no... not that simple... I live in a 3 floor house with a lot of people, a wire isnt really an option unless I plan on sitting in the living room and moving my computer furni over there and junk...><
which I dont -,-;;;;;

Anyway it used to run just fine... but now its acting up... the software that came with the wireless adapter thingy wont even open... the adapter lights up and stuff... but the software doesnt want to run... so i cant connect to the router... I tried installing re-installin several times and did a windows update, and downloaded the latest version of the software on the "Netgear" site... so im lost as to what the problem is...
 Asura.Meowzma
Serveur: Asura
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-07 04:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Cute excuse, but wire is still a valid option.

At the very minimum, you could move your router to the middle floor for better coverage, the wire doesn't have to go from the ground to your roof; you can meet it half way.

Second option, buy a better router with a stronger signal (one with 2 aerials usually good enough).

Is the adapter USB or a PCI card?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-09-07 04:58:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
I got an NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 video card, or some ***. Am I pretty much screwed till next March?
yeah its integrated, and very low spec for the game
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-09-07 05:09:56
Link | Citer | R

Kaioshin Shadow
Limsa Lominsa
Gladiator ;)
Trabia Server

Game runs kinda choppy and sluggish. I wouldn't say slow but it could be smoother. I def have enough cpu and ram but my graphics card is integrated so no dedicated video memory. I'll try and fix this (laptop >< ) and if I can successfully play the beta smooth enough I'll buy the game for PC instead of PS3.
By Kittyanna 2010-09-07 05:44:00
Link | Citer | R

Can't wait to try it out meowzma.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 06:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Anybody know where to go to send bug/comments?

I wanna know something: IS it just me, or is crafting an item that needs another off-craft level a bit... buggy?

Long story short, I'm a Weaver.
http://ffxiv.yg.com/recipe/hempen-slops?id=441
I made these with Weaver 5 Leathercraft 1 (i believe the leathercraft was 5 for those)
made a good 3-4 in 6 tries.

http://ffxiv.yg.com/recipe/hempen-hat?id=498
Before leveling up Leathercraft, I tried at least 8 times, failing at about 80%. Leathercraft is now 5 and tried another 8-10 times and fails at about 50%. (Weaver lvl8 right now)

Also, i think it was Ent that said something about white = rapid or normal, gold = bold or normal and whatnot. I read elsewhere that the color means how successful it can be, on the scale of most successful to least it goes White, Gold, Flashing, Red.

This synth system pisses me off...
 Ifrit.Showmo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2010-09-07 07:07:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Anybody know where to go to send bug/comments?

I wanna know something: IS it just me, or is crafting an item that needs another off-craft level a bit... buggy?

Long story short, I'm a Weaver.
http://ffxiv.yg.com/recipe/hempen-slops?id=441
I made these with Weaver 5 Leathercraft 1 (i believe the leathercraft was 5 for those)
made a good 3-4 in 6 tries.

http://ffxiv.yg.com/recipe/hempen-hat?id=498
Before leveling up Leathercraft, I tried at least 8 times, failing at about 80%. Leathercraft is now 5 and tried another 8-10 times and fails at about 50%. (Weaver lvl8 right now)

Also, i think it was Ent that said something about white = rapid or normal, gold = bold or normal and whatnot. I read elsewhere that the color means how successful it can be, on the scale of most successful to least it goes White, Gold, Flashing, Red.

This synth system pisses me off...
At first, I thought it was just me too, but I found out everyone was also having problems with the synthesis system. It takes me forever just to skill up because I constantly fail synths, even on the easy guildleves. I was also trying that technique (White = Rapid, etc), but I still have a higher fail rate than success no matter what I do. I found that in some cases, spamming Rapid gets me more successfully completed synths than using the other options, but you have to rely on pure luck since spamming rapid causes the break rate to skyrocket in exchange for higher progress results.

If enough people send in the suggestions, hopefully SE will listen & make the synthesis system a little more forgiving because as of now, I don't see how we're going to make any significant amounts of profit if we have a 70%+ chance to fail any given synth plus always lose all materials no matter what. Even if you're over the recipe cap, the system tends to lean more towards fails than successes
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 07:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Showmo said:
At first, I thought it was just me too, but I found out everyone was also having problems with the synthesis system. It takes me forever just to skill up because I constantly fail synths, even on the easy guildleves. I was also trying that technique (White = Rapid, etc), but I still have a higher fail rate than success no matter what I do. I found that in some cases, spamming Rapid gets me more successfully completed synths than using the other options, but you have to rely on pure luck since spamming rapid causes the break rate to skyrocket in exchange for higher progress results.

If enough people send in the suggestions, hopefully SE will listen & make the synthesis system a little more forgiving because as of now, I don't see how we're going to make any significant amounts of profit if we have a 70%+ chance to fail any given synth plus always lose all materials no matter what. Even if you're over the recipe cap, the system tends to lean more towards fails than successes
You should've saw me rage last night after attempting 5 more of those hats.

highest completion i got was 30%

I wanna send in a report to S-E about what they need to fix, suggestions and some small non-lethal bugs, but i can't find out where to send it besides trying to call a GM
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 07:16:27
Link | Citer | R

Kittyanna said:
So I heard through the grapevine that this was a good place to talk about FFXIV and meet friends to play with on this new adventure. I just need to wait for my barely good enough graphics card to arrive to I can join in the beta fun times. Is it good?

Hope you brought some grapes with you.. I like grapes.
Phoenix.Ailoki said:
I googled it, and the only images I got were pictures of motherboards. I'm thinking it's integrated. If that's the case, you're more than screwed. It'll run entirely based of your RAM. I'm having a hard enough time running this smoothly on a 9600 GSO.
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I got an NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 video card, or some ***. Am I pretty much screwed till next March?
Might not be the right card, but:
Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6100 / 6150 is the name of an integrated graphic of NVIDIA nForce Go 430 MCP for AMD Turion laptops. It does not have own integrated memory but uses the main memory (up tp 128 MB) like the direct competitor Intel GMA 950. Therefore, the gaming performance is mediocre and only suited for old games.

Thing is.. I'm on a desktop, not a laptop.. Why the hell would they put a laptop card/chip in a desktop?
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 07:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:

Thing is.. I'm on a desktop, not a laptop.. Why the hell would they put a laptop card/chip in a desktop?
Go buy a new graphics card then?
I mean honestly, I paid 60$ for a GeForce 220 or something like that (i'll google it for ya) and it runs ffxiv fine.
http://www.amazon.com/PNY-GeForce-PCI-Express-Graphics-VCGGT2201XEB/dp/B002PY7H7I
i believe that's the one i got. gonna have to check later tonight when i get home
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 07:22:54
Link | Citer | R

Have to wait till I'm working.. plus I don't know much about upgrading ***like that..
By Kanjirou 2010-09-07 07:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Do you guys have your own LS on Trabia? I'm getting pretty bored playing by myself on Cornelia and I might re-roll if it means having people to play with.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 07:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Have to wait till I'm working.. plus I don't know much about upgrading ***like that..
Honestly, it's easy as hell.

Step 1: Go buy a new Graphics card.
Step 2: Open your PC cover
Step 3: Physically put in the graphics card (might have to take off the metal bar that blocks a hole)-- make sure you aren't full of static cuz it might ruin the card or the motherboard. Wear gloves (i use latex)
Step 4: Put the cover back on
Step 5: Turn on PC
Step 6: MAKE SURE you disable your old graphics card. Windows 7 all you gotta do is go to hardware devices, go to your old graphics card and click "disable" then restart
Step 7: ???
Step 8: Profit on FFXIV

Honestly it takes 30 mins (more or less) to do. If you're on vista it might be the same as win 7 idk i haven't tried it on vista yet. (disabling the graphics card)
By Kittyanna 2010-09-07 07:27:07
Link | Citer | R

I love grapes, lets share.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 07:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Kanjirou said:
Do you guys have your own LS on Trabia? I'm getting pretty bored playing by myself on Cornelia and I might re-roll if it means having people to play with.
Aye. Linkshell Ni
lol

I learned 1 thing over the weekend: Don't use Anima unless you really need to get from, let's say, Limsa to Gridania.

<-- has 0 anima left
By Kanjirou 2010-09-07 07:29:19
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I've been really lazy and anima-whored myself dry in my first few days :| now instead of teleporting from Ul'dah to Black Brush, I have to walk all the way from Gridania to Limsa. Sevaral hours walk for the 12th time nothnx :x
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 07:32:13
Link | Citer | R

Kanjirou said:
Yeah I've been really lazy and anima-whored myself dry in my first few days :| now instead of teleporting from Ul'dah to Black Brush, I have to walk all the way from Gridania to Limsa. Sevaral hours walk for the 12th time nothnx :x
I usually stay in one area unless a partymember is going to Ul'dah via teleport (or elsewhere) and I'd like to bum a ride lol.

I think... I got an idea for making gil.

Teleport *** for 10k >.>
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 07:32:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Honestly, it's easy as hell. Step 1: Go buy a new Graphics card. Step 2: Open your PC cover Step 3: Physically put in the graphics card (might have to take off the metal bar that blocks a hole)-- make sure you aren't full of static cuz it might ruin the card or the motherboard. Wear gloves (i use latex) Step 4: Put the cover back on Step 5: Turn on PC Step 6: MAKE SURE you disable your old graphics card. Windows 7 all you gotta do is go to hardware devices, go to your old graphics card and click "disable" then restart Step 7: ??? Step 8: Profit on FFXIV Honestly it takes 30 mins (more or less) to do. If you're on vista it might be the same as win 7 idk i haven't tried it on vista yet. (disabling the graphics card)

I mean compatability. I read something about the PSU not having enough power to run a new card. Also, wouldn't that add a monitor port, since mine seems to be integrated.
Kittyanna said:

=o
 Ifrit.Showmo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2010-09-07 07:33:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Ifrit.Showmo said:

You should've saw me rage last night after attempting 5 more of those hats.

highest completion i got was 30%

I wanna send in a report to S-E about what they need to fix, suggestions and some small non-lethal bugs, but i can't find out where to send it besides trying to call a GM
Just earlier today I was trying to make a synthesis material (Bronze Nails, isn't sold by any NPC as far as I know) which apparently only requires Lv.1 Armorer & 3 Blacksmithing. I have both skills over Lv. 6 right now & I was planning to make this shield with it afterwards for my Gladiator (Square Maple Shield).

After 8 attempts, all being fails & also running out of crystal shards, I just gave up.

Anyway, I wasn't sure SE had a customer support setup yet for FFXIV yet since it hasn't hit retail, except for the Beta testing bug report section that we're not allowed to since we joined during Open Beta, but I checked the Square Enix site & this is as close as I found to submitting stuff about FFXIV to SE: Square Enix Customer Support
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 07:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
I mean compatability. I read something about the PSU not having enough power to run a new card. Also, wouldn't that add a monitor port, since mine seems to be integrated.
Kittyanna said:

=o
I'll look at the box mine came in when i get home.
I mean SOMEONE in FFXIV Linkshell Ni runs it on a P4 lol >.>
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 07:36:27
Link | Citer | R

I have a feeling that I'll be waiting till March.. And Kitty will have already eaten all the grapes..
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 07:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
I have a feeling that I'll be waiting till March.. And Kitty will have already eaten all the grapes..
What specs are your PC?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 07:41:45
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
What specs are your PC?

Well.. I only found my card through the FFXIV client Krizz had up. Let me find the info.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-07 07:43:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
What specs are your PC?

Well.. I only found my card through the FFXIV client Krizz had up. Let me find the info.
My Computer -> properties
By Kittyanna 2010-09-07 07:44:21
Link | Citer | R

I'm good at sharing. Don't worry :)
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-07 07:47:35
Link | Citer | R

This, so.. 250W PSU.
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-07 07:50:49
Link | Citer | R

People looking to start/move to Trabia give me a heads up. :) I can pearl people since I'm online right now. Name is Satoshi Iwahara.
By Kittyanna 2010-09-07 07:51:04
Link | Citer | R

250W... {too weak.}

Comfort Kojo.
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 216 217 218