Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » General » XIV Open beta August 31st
XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 216 217 218
By Flionheart 2010-09-06 21:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Well I just hit level 11 GLD and you know what... Tanking is really fun in this game. It's a little difficult to start with as this game has the most sporadic hate system I've ever seen, but once you get Phalanx you can tank, and once you get provoke you can tank well.

Phalanx is a neat little WS, the premise of it is that it only costs 250TP but you can only activate it after a shield block, this also raises enmity. running in putting shield up, hitting the mob wait for a block counter with phalanx and you have pretty solid hate, Provoke is good for adds or the gigantic amount of hate thaumaturges generate for generate for general spells XD.

I've also just hit over 1000 HP now. PL 14 GLD 11

I also levelled up in shield which made my SENTINEL level 2.
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-06 21:34:35
Link | Citer | R

I'm done with the beta, waiting until the game actually ships, but we all should figure out who will be doing what when we get to endgame so we can lay out a suspected party setup.

I'm thinking you would make a good main tank.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-09-06 21:37:48
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
I'm done with the beta, waiting until the game actually ships, but we all should figure out who will be doing what when we get to endgame so we can lay out a suspected party setup.

I'm thinking you would make a good main tank.
For once, I won't be healer! AH HA HA HA!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-06 21:40:28
Link | Citer | R

I'll gladly be a dedicated Conjurer or Thaumaturge assuming they fix the healing issues.
By Flionheart 2010-09-06 21:43:07
Link | Citer | R

I'd definitely be happy to try main tanking.

I've looked up various disciplines and it seems that Pugilist has some incredible abilities for tanks. One being Second wind (I and II both heal HP in battle), another being Taunt I and II which is another provoke and finally and probably most useful is Accomplice which removes enmity from another member of the party and puts it on yourself.

Marauder also has some really positive tanking abilities such as Defender which lowers damage AND increases enmity generation, Intimidation which is a passive trait that increases enmity and Full swing which is an enmity grabbing ability.

I'm not sure if tanks will be lost in obscurity like they are in XI, but at the moment I take a lot less damage than other DD.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-06 21:47:25
Link | Citer | R

Pugilist: Not as good as I thought it was.

The other day, Foulei and I were duoing, we decided to take a Dodo (Everytime I see one, I THINK maybe we can beat them).

Anyway, I punched it, WS'd, Second Wind, punched it again, and died. About 30 seconds in. So it was just Foulei solo at this point with some Conjurer abilities.

2 minutes later, the Dodo was dead, Foulei was alive, And he was two levels LOWER than me.

Gladiator is so much better at tanking, it's kind of sad.
 Caitsith.Judaine
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-06 21:57:00
Link | Citer | R

I'z marauder.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-06 21:57:37
Link | Citer | R

I think this is the right place to ask...

well, I downloaded all the files from Krizz's website(first time going into the beta). Then I tried to run the client, and it said I needed windows vista service pack 2... ok, I went and downloaded/installed that. Finally, I tried to run the client again, and it just crashes every single time...

If it's relevant, I'm playing on an old laptop at the moment, windows vista 32bit, dual core AMD processor, 2GB of memory, and the video card is just an ATI radeon x1200.

(I do intend to get a new PC, but wanted to see if I could run the beta on this laptop for now...)

I tried updating windows vista, and then I also got the latest drivers for my video card, but it still crashes every time I try to run the FFXIV Beta client.

Is there something I'm missing, or is my laptop's video card just not compatible?
By Flionheart 2010-09-06 21:59:37
Link | Citer | R

Gladiator really can tank. I was in a party with a PUG earlier and he was doing about 30 a punch, where I was doing about 40 a sword slice. He was hitting faster than me though.

Gladiator really can tank better than any other job. PUG has a ton of health which helps, but just doesn't have rampart or shield blocks.

I think Conjurer is good for an early level tank, but the higher you get PUG I think it's got way more tanking friendly abilities in general. Probably level until I get Cure though, that will be helpful for solo.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-09-06 22:22:32
Link | Citer | R

(Incredibly tough) (cat) (Ranger) (You can have this.)
By Flionheart 2010-09-06 22:24:11
Link | Citer | R

(Yes please.) Dodo (/furious) (Are you alone?)
 Leviathan.Snomm
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-06 22:26:36
Link | Citer | R

That GPU isn't going to play this game...sorry to break the news to you...the graphical capacity of the game is far too high for older computers.

...and on another note, the game seems to like to randomly crash on me with my windows 7 lol...its an APPCrash and it is the .exe file so basically the game doesn't like to play at all times >.>
By Flionheart 2010-09-06 22:29:56
Link | Citer | R

My game crashes at the weirdest times. Sometimes it won't crash for 10+ hours when I've gone AFK and came back to find myself still in Ul'Dah.

Other times it'll crash in 5 minute intervals (but never more than twice)

Generally the game is running well for me. I'm surprised how well it's running actually. Since I started using the hardware mouse fix, It's been far FAR easier to target mobs.

Some bugs, but not as bad as I was lead to believe by many CB players.
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-06 22:33:01
Link | Citer | R

weard. i just randomly got kicked to character select mid coping down a tree lol

they get the place where you report bugs up and going yet?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-06 22:39:51
Link | Citer | R

Flionheart said:
My game crashes at the weirdest times. Sometimes it won't crash for 10+ hours when I've gone AFK and came back to find myself still in Ul'Dah.

Generally the game is running well for me. I'm surprised how well it's running actually. Since I started using the hardware mouse fix, It's been far FAR easier to target mobs.

If you're still up, get back on, I need your help with a lvl 20 Leve.. It's 11 *** dodos at camp bloodshore.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-09-06 22:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Flionheart said:

If you're still up, get back on, I need your help with a lvl 20 Leve.. It's 11 *** dodos at camp bloodshore.
Many lulz were had.
 Ramuh.Tousou
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-06 22:45:30
Link | Citer | R

Crashed on Trabia and can't log back in. Seems my Besaid is working, though.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-09-06 22:46:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Crashed on Trabia and can't log back in. Seems my Besaid is working, though.
Trabia seems to be working just fine.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-06 22:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ailoki said:
Trabia seems to be working just fine.

Probably a problem on my end, then. I was running and randomly hit a loading screen. Next thing I know, character screen.
 Shiva.Ninaa
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2010-09-06 23:02:20
Link | Citer | R

I am having trouble getting this to run. I have followed the instructions on teh krizz, and have the patch files all in the correct folders, but when I try to run the program, the updater still goes to the DL screen and starts to download the H2010.08.30.200 file, which is the largest one.

Is there anything I can do?
 Caitsith.Judaine
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-06 23:06:57
Link | Citer | R

Well, I've changed my thoughts on FFXIV. I'll probably buy it, probably going to rebuild my old desktop.

Today was fun, thank you for letting me join the linkshell :)
Seeya guys tomorrow!
 Lakshmi.Galathea
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Galatea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-09-06 23:13:43
Link | Citer | R

I've got the FFXIV Beta working finally, and got to play around with Gladiator, but where in tarnation do I get a shield? Which craft (level) or rank is needed etc?

I'm Epic Failure on Figaro Server for those of you who are not on Trabia... which seems like 0
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-06 23:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Any of you have access to the Beta's Feedback forum?
 Lakshmi.Galathea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-09-06 23:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ninaa said:
I am having trouble getting this to run. I have followed the instructions on teh krizz, and have the patch files all in the correct folders, but when I try to run the program, the updater still goes to the DL screen and starts to download the H2010.08.30.200 file, which is the largest one. Is there anything I can do?
Make sure it downloaded completely by checking the file size.
Whether it is or not, try redownloading it?
 Lakshmi.Galathea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-09-06 23:16:05
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Tousou said:
I was under the assumption it is locked til after the weekend.

edit: Meaning Tuesday, because of Labor Day...
 Shiva.Ninaa
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2010-09-06 23:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galathea said:
Shiva.Ninaa said:
I am having trouble getting this to run. I have followed the instructions on teh krizz, and have the patch files all in the correct folders, but when I try to run the program, the updater still goes to the DL screen and starts to download the H2010.08.30.200 file, which is the largest one. Is there anything I can do?
Make sure it downloaded completely by checking the file size.
Whether it is or not, try redownloading it?

13 hour download. ; ; Thanks, though.
By Izey 2010-09-06 23:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm when ever I go to get a Beta code... it simply sends me to the SE login page... and I try to log in and it wont let me... it just like refreshes the page and leaves me there..... hmmm anyone else having this issue?
 Lakshmi.Galathea
By Lakshmi.Galathea 2010-09-06 23:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Izey said:
Hmmm when ever I go to get a Beta code... it simply sends me to the SE login page... and I try to log in and it wont let me... it just like refreshes the page and leaves me there..... hmmm anyone else having this issue?
I had this issue and it turned out my PW was wrong.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-09-06 23:38:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Snomm said:
That GPU isn't going to play this game...sorry to break the news to you...the graphical capacity of the game is far too high for older computers.

...and on another note, the game seems to like to randomly crash on me with my windows 7 lol...its an APPCrash and it is the .exe file so basically the game doesn't like to play at all times >.>

Yeah, I figured I would still try to run it and see what happens lol...

But yeah, I didn't have high hopes for that old laptop, and it seems the video card isn't even compatible. Oh well, I need to just get my new PC...

Also, is there a list of compatible video cards for FFXIV somewhere? I remember SE had a list of compatible video cards for FFXI.

I don't think I saw such a list for FFXIV though. Surely not every video card model is supported right(even among the newer ones)? Anybody here have any recommendations for video/graphics cards for FFXIV ?
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-06 23:38:16
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galathea said:
Ramuh.Tousou said:
I was under the assumption it is locked til after the weekend.

edit: Meaning Tuesday, because of Labor Day...

I've been trying to access it for the past week and nothing. I wanted to offer some feedback about the Battle Regimen and see if it was "Working as intended" or not.

My biggest issue is that after the charges are ready, when I begin the regimen, it says it fails because "More than one person tried to initiate Battle Regimen. Regimen Failed." After which, one person ends up Re-Charging the ability and it hits a continuous loop of one person charging, then failing, repeat. Unless you spam the button or put your weapon away (Which cancels the Regimen) you end up sitting there until you die.

Edit: From the Game Manual
Quote:

* Battle Regimen
Battle Regimens are combat tactics which party members may employ against a single enemy. By coordinating and executing battle commands in a precise order, players may cause certain additional beneficial effects to occur.

A Battle Regimen begins with the stacking of battle commands. All party members who wish to take part in the Battle Regimen must stack their actions in the correct order against the desired target. One of the members then initiates the Battle Regimen, and the stacked actions will be executed automatically.

Step 1: Consult with other party members to determine the best Battle Regimen to use against a specific target. The battle commands and the order in which they are to be executed should all be decided.

Step 2: Wait until your position in the queue comes around to switch to Battle Regimen mode and select the battle command you wish to stack.

Step 3: After all participating party members have stacked their battle commands, one of the party members selects to initiate the Battle Regimen.

Step 4: Once the Battle Regimen is initiated, the stacked battle commands will all be executed automatically, chaining together to create additional effects.

Please note that factors such as distance from the enemy may prevent stacked battle commands from being executed once the Battle Regimen is initiated. In these cases, the Battle Regimen will not end, but will instead proceed on to the next command in the queue.
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 216 217 218