XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 ... 216 217 218
 Quetzalcoatl.Rippax
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xappir
By Quetzalcoatl.Rippax 2010-09-06 14:11:13
Link | Citer | R

ive downloaded all the patches under open beta and put them in the corresponding file yet it still insists on trying to download them itself (I say trying as it wont download and keeps timing out) am i missing something?
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-09-06 14:11:19
Link | Citer | R

So where is the NPC that will repair my under garments? Or do I have to find the Weavers guild for it?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-06 14:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Rippax said:
ive downloaded all the patches under open beta and put them in the corresponding file yet it still insists on trying to download them itself (I say trying as it wont download and keeps timing out) am i missing something?
Does it say preparing to download or downloading?

Also, TeamViewer is the quickest way for me to assist. I'm about to connect to someone, but after that I can help. If you're ok with using it, send me a PM with the info to connect with (it displays it when you open the program).
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-06 14:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Crimsontears said:
So where is the NPC that will repair my under garments? Or do I have to find the Weavers guild for it?
Think the earlier posts said the guild of the class required to fix it (weavers guild for cloth, etc.)
 Leviathan.Snomm
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-06 15:02:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand how people are still having issues with the patching >.>

Step by step

1. open the client

2. it will say it is going to download a patch file (if it is simply checking the file, don't cancel the download...it takes like 5 to 10 seconds, then will see you have it and proceed to install)

3. cancel the download

4. go to documents > my games > final fantasy xiv beta version > downloads > ffxiv-beta > the corresponding folder (either bca2a8ae or d96437e6) > metainfo > double click the torrent (they are dated)

5. wait for it to download, then remove the torrent from the torrent client

6. go to wherever the download created the new ffxiv-beta folder (for me it is in the folder My Name > Downloads)

7. drag the new ffxiv-beta folder into the folder documents > my games > final fantasy xiv beta version > downloads and click yes, then click move and replace (this overwrites the client ffxiv-beta folder with the ffxiv-beta folder created by the torrent client via the download)

8. you can just copy and paste for step 7 if you want a backup (I chose not to)

8. repeat that process every time you open the client and it physically tries to use SE's torrent program to download a new patch (this means wait until it checks the file because that takes about 5 seconds to make sure you have the actual patch instead of just the torrent and it will proceed to install it)

p.s. The patches are dated so it is easy to track which patches you already have

p.s.s. Using the torrents from Krizz's site do the same thing except you can do it without opening the client several times (I never used Krizz's site, but I thought it would make it easier for some people who don't understand how to quickly maneuver through multiple folders and the .exe ffxiv client)

p.s.s.s. I have Windows 7 so I can just snap two windows to the right and left side of my screen respectively so I can drag and drop easier and multi-task between the torrent program, the client, and the two ffxiv-beta folder locations
 Shiva.Mackstrife
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2010-09-06 15:09:01
Link | Citer | R

Im having the same problem... Ive had 2 different errors, after both, it tries to redownload 8.30

Im honestly stumped since both round of errors it would go through all the files save the one of that day

now on my friend's computer as well as mine the files are 1/2, im assuming the 2nd is Today? and the other is like I said, 8.30
 Sylph.Rorrick
Serveur: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-09-06 15:13:29
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
So is there any known fix for the benchmark crashing when I click to run it? And yes drivers are up to date.

PC specs? Everyone I saw in the Closed Beta with launching issues had an incompatible graphics card or an unupdated version of DirectX.

Unless you can run the Beta and not the Benchmark, in which case I have no clue.
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-06 15:21:53
Link | Citer | R

anyone know how to talk in your other Linkshells? I have a second one but I dunno how to switch between them without going through the menu D:
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-06 16:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Tousou said:
anyone know how to talk in your other Linkshells? I have a second one but I dunno how to switch between them without going through the menu D:
Doubt you can.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-06 16:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
So is there any known fix for the benchmark crashing when I click to run it? And yes drivers are up to date.
PC specs? Everyone I saw in the Closed Beta with launching issues had an incompatible graphics card or an unupdated version of DirectX. Unless you can run the Beta and not the Benchmark, in which case I have no clue.

Win7 64x
Nvidia Geforce 335M
Intel Core i5 CPU
2G RAM
Direct X SDK June 2010 installed

I'm installing Beta atm to see if it runs, but the benchmark just crashes when I click start.
 Sylph.Rorrick
Serveur: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-09-06 16:25:26
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
PC specs? Everyone I saw in the Closed Beta with launching issues had an incompatible graphics card or an unupdated version of DirectX. Unless you can run the Beta and not the Benchmark, in which case I have no clue.

Win7 64x
Nvidia Geforce 335M
Intel Core i5 CPU
2G RAM
Direct X SDK June 2010 installed

I'm installing Beta atm to see if it runs, but the benchmark just crashes when I click start.

I'm not so good with laptops but it should at least run.

There were some great people on the Beta forums during the closed Beta, perhaps you might find an explanation over there?
By Halfpint 2010-09-06 16:31:16
Link | Citer | R

did trabia just go down? or servers in general
By Halfpint 2010-09-06 16:33:48
Link | Citer | R

yup.. down for maintenance
 Valefor.Hahn
Serveur: Valefor
user: Hahn
By Valefor.Hahn 2010-09-06 16:36:40
Link | Citer | R

Halfpint said:
yup.. down for maintenance

Not down. Playing atm
By Halfpint 2010-09-06 16:36:45
Link | Citer | R

and in again
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-06 16:37:14
Link | Citer | R

lol, guess it's a good thing I'm working on my computers instead of actually trying to play
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-06 16:37:52
Link | Citer | R

I am only familiar with the ATI issues so sorry I can't help you Darkanaseur :(
 Caitsith.Judaine
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-06 16:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Snomm said:
I am only familiar with the ATI issues so sorry I can't help you Darkanaseur :(

Can you help me?

I have an ATI Radeon 3100 Card and I've turned down all my graphics and I still get a good bit of lag. Any other way I can boost my performance?
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-06 16:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know how to finish the Opening Quest for Ul'Dah?
 Leviathan.Veltan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2010-09-06 16:39:53
Link | Citer | R

wtf my FFXIV is typing everything backwards...
how do you get more levequests? do you need to find a new camp?
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-06 16:43:41
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Can you help me?

I have an ATI Radeon 3100 Card and I've turned down all my graphics and I still get a good bit of lag. Any other way I can boost my performance?

Get a new graphics card.

I used to run a 4650 on FFXI and still had issues with shadows creating lag so trying to play FFXIV with that would have been near impossible even on the lowest graphics.

Analogy: You are trying to relieve the pressure of a Dam with a Garden Hose.

The data backup is creating lag since your graphics card cannot keep up with the game's graphical output...even on the lowest graphics, the textures are higher quality than FFXI being run on maximum graphical capacity.
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-06 16:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Snomm said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Can you help me?

Get a new graphics card.

I used to run a 4650 on FFXI and still had issues with shadows creating lag so trying to play FFXIV with that would have been near impossible even on the lowest graphics.

Analogy: You are trying to relieve the pressure of a Dam with a Garden Hose.

The data backup is creating lag since your graphics card cannot keep up with the game's graphical output...even on the lowest graphics, the textures are higher quality than FFXI being run on maximum graphical capacity.

Can't, it's actually a Mobility card since it's in my laptop, so it's impossible to get a new one :\
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-09-06 16:48:20
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Can't, it's actually a Mobility card since it's in my laptop, so it's impossible to get a new one :\
Lol.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-06 16:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Enternius said:
Caitsith.Judaine said:
 Caitsith.Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-09-06 16:51:12
Link | Citer | R

/shrug, I know nothing of graphics cards.
 Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-09-06 16:51:55
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Anyone know how to finish the Opening Quest for Ul'Dah?
... which? You have your opening instance, then you have the on going quest afterwards.
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-06 16:53:51
Link | Citer | R

My PC:

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T BE 3.2GHz OC'ed to 3.7GHz
ATI Radeon HD5970 OC'ed to 850/1200
1TB HDD
Antec 1200 Case
8GB 1666MHz DDR3 Ram
1200 Watt Toughpower Power Supply
Asus Mother Board

Air Cooled

>.> I'm going to say this before someone else is obscene with it...this game was meant to be played on a desktop unless you got a custom-made laptop...meaning that the game would run fine with a dual-core, but with a jacked up GPU

mobility goes up to HD5870 now.

tl;dr

I can't fix that issue since the only solution is to either make/buy a desktop or make/buy a new laptop.

You hit the figurative wall of your graphical capacity on your GPU.
 Leviathan.Snomm
By Leviathan.Snomm 2010-09-06 16:58:56
Link | Citer | R

Here you go Judaine

the solution or another slightly cheaper solution

if you want a laptop
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-06 17:08:25
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Crimsontears said:

I dunno if you're still bitter towards me or not, But I might be able to help with your underwear. >.>

EDIT: Anyway, SE DID close registration? Any idea if it'll be reopened? I wanna make damn sure I know how to play on PC, I'll be damned if I wait till next March for PS3 version, thought I'll prolly get both. >.>
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-06 17:15:24
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have an idea as to why my bios isn't seeing the SATA drive as boot options? While I'm signed in (to XP) on my IDE drive, it can see the SATA drive just fine. I've even already partitioned it for boot and data.
First Page 2 3 ... 156 157 158 ... 216 217 218