XIV Open beta August 31st
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 216 217 218
 Ramuh.Mairah
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Mairah
By Ramuh.Mairah 2010-09-05 00:31:53
Link | Citer | R

I wanna play moar but my connection here just plain sucks.
By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-05 01:23:18
Link | Citer | R

OMG i think i finally found the reason why FFXIV wont load when i click on it. It's the CPU. It saids minimum requirements for CPU is 2.0 GHZ or higher but recommended is 2.66 or higher. I did a system info check and mine is only 1.60 rofl and i made sure to show this piece of paper with all the minimum requirements to the geeks at best buy and this is what they do for me? They told me this was the top computer for FFXIV and i will not have any problems with it. Well it appears they were dead wrong and now i'm the loser m(_ _)m is there another solution or am i SOL.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-09-05 01:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Your other solution is to locate a suitable CPU that is compatible to your motherboard, then dismantle your computer and install it. :3
 Bismarck.Naeo
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-09-05 01:33:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm hoping my PC will be able to run it on min. settings. i've got a 1.80. but i did dump a whole lot of new RAM into my PC, and a better g.card.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-05 01:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Just checked the FF14 sign up page again and ...
Quote:
Your application to the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test has been accepted.
Please read through the e-mail we have sent to your Square Enix account's registered e-mail address.

Yayness!

By ShinkaEvolution 2010-09-05 01:34:13
Link | Citer | R

I also read you can defragment c drive on computer and it will increase the overall performance and maybe this will improve cpu. I dont know anything about computers i'm just going to google and taking it from therelol
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-09-05 01:36:32
Link | Citer | R

you should be defragmenting your pc regularly <.< especially right before any sort of video editing
 Asura.Tristean
Serveur: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-05 01:37:07
Link | Citer | R

omg... 26hours 57 mins til download is complete. FML.
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-09-05 01:38:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tristean said:
omg... 26hours 57 mins til download is complete. FML.

that's a general idea >_> it could be faster /slower. my roommate's PC got it in like, 7hours. my PC's taken a bit longer after our internet crapped out on us.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-05 01:41:11
Link | Citer | R

should I like restart my computer and start it again? My comp is only a week old haha.
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-09-05 01:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Nah, there's some futzup in the update today, so there's alot of congestion.
 Ragnarok.Spicer
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: spicer
By Ragnarok.Spicer 2010-09-05 01:47:56
Link | Citer | R

So basically I downloaded client, went to click on it to download the game and error occurred,guessing my graphic's card isn't up to date for it to run? Went over all the specs, guessing that's the problem.

ran as admin, didnt work either
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-09-05 01:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Until i upgraded my PC to meet RAM and graphical requirements, it wouldn't let me PC even attempt to update =x

just make sure your card and ram are up to minimal requirements o.o; if it's not that...then idk. try run as admin?
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-05 01:51:25
Link | Citer | R

is it so much congestion that it's normal to see 0.0b/s?
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-05 01:55:16
Link | Citer | R

Even with 13 local connections, I get 0.0s. SE's downloader is ***. Easiest way is to just grab it from Krizz's site and put the files where they belong.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-05 01:57:12
Link | Citer | R

I'm too computer dumb to do that. I looked at his website and I said nope, I'm gonna eff it up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2010-09-05 01:57:59
Link | Citer | R

Hope I'm not breaking any rules, but a friend gave me this suggestion when I wasn't able to run the client for beta:

www.canurunit.com worked really fast and showed me asap that my pc is crap ; ;

guess I'm going shopping tomorrow :D
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-05 02:07:14
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna try it. I hope I don't eff it up. I'm scurred ><.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-05 02:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tristean said:
I'm too computer dumb to do that. I looked at his website and I said nope, I'm gonna eff it up.

Haha. I used to be the same. Believe it or not, it's a lot easier than it looks.
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-05 02:11:49
Link | Citer | R

JP broke the game. i dc none for 6hrs then i dc like 5 times in an hr... >.> im done for night. /sigh
 Asura.Meowzma
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-05 02:12:32
Link | Citer | R

Source.
eorzeapedia.com said:
The Final Fantasy XIV Role-Play Coalition is excited to finally announce the unofficial RP server! After a vote in which over 15 role-play linkshells and numerous freelancers took part in, Besaid has been named the unofficial RP server.

This is a courtesy announcement for those who may be interested in RP as well as for those who want to outright avoid it.

The unofficial RP server will house over 500 role-players but we certainly hope to have wonderful interactions with those of you less interested in RP as well.

Ugh, dirty RPers. Think I'll have to find another server.
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-05 02:14:52
Link | Citer | R

do I have to get to 99% to stop the DL and patch the files or can I stop it at 0%
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-05 02:17:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tristean said:
do I have to get to 99% to stop the DL and patch the files or can I stop it at 0%

Need to download a little bit or there won't be anything to patch, will there?
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-05 02:19:03
Link | Citer | R

so 99%... got it...
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-09-05 02:26:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tristean said:

Honestly, I'm not sure. What I do know is that you have to run the FFXIV client long enough for it to create the file path where all its patches will be saved(C:/User/.../My Games/...). After that, just grab the patches you need (all of them) and place them in the proper folder(patches, I believe). Double-check to make sure you have no duplicate patch files(the game will use the incomplete version if it exists) and a few seconds later it should be ready.

Granted, I copy-pasted most of my stuff from Mai's computer, so I could be missing key pieces. Haven't read Krizz's directions either, so there might be something better over yonder.

This is all assuming that I read that as "I really don't feel like waiting for SE's ***."
 Asura.Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-09-05 02:59:23
Link | Citer | R

Lol it DL'ed 0.1% then I gasped, then it stopped DLing.
 Asura.Kowen
user: Kowen
By Asura.Kowen 2010-09-05 03:03:12
Link | Citer | R

ShinkaEvolution said:
OMG i think i finally found the reason why FFXIV wont load when i click on it. It's the CPU. It saids minimum requirements for CPU is 2.0 GHZ or higher but recommended is 2.66 or higher. I did a system info check and mine is only 1.60 rofl and i made sure to show this piece of paper with all the minimum requirements to the geeks at best buy and this is what they do for me? They told me this was the top computer for FFXIV and i will not have any problems with it. Well it appears they were dead wrong and now i'm the loser m(_ _)m is there another solution or am i SOL.

You could always buy a new a new CPU.

It kind of sounds like you got ripped off though. :( You should make sure your other parts are good enough to run the game too.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-09-05 03:03:53
Link | Citer | R

So yeah, at least on my server the Gil sellers are already at it! Shouting in camp bearded rock, and of course when I went to try the "Helpdesk" I got "The helpdesk is not available during the open beta test" LULZ!
 Phoenix.Oumura
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2010-09-05 03:12:52
Link | Citer | R

ShinkaEvolution said:
Whats the CPU type? Mines a Core i7 with a standard 1.6GHz, but the turbo boost feature pushes it to 2.68GHz. So its more about the type of CPU here.
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-05 03:13:54
Link | Citer | R

Half way through a levequest, my client crashed, so apparently, I failed the quest. I can't seem to find out how the hell to restart it, and no one on the server is speaking anything remotely English. Any ideas?
First Page 2 3 ... 122 123 124 ... 216 217 218