First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 216 217 218
 Asura.Meowzma
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 15:21:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Danz said:
replace the incomplete one with the completed one!

Just to point out the obvious, make sure the updater is closed first before you swap files.
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 15:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Ok....d9647e6.... i do not have this folder...lol... that is where most of the patches need to go..
 Bismarck.Danz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-04 15:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meowzma said:
Bismarck.Danz said:
replace the incomplete one with the completed one!

Just to point out the obvious, make sure the updater is closed first before you swap files.

yea i discovered that with an error message lol. didn't realize. my oops
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 15:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Halfpint said:
Ok....d9647e6.... i do not have this folder...lol... that is where most of the patches need to go..

Mine is d96437e6, I have 2 folders.

Might help if you tell us what you DO have instead of what you don't.

It's the same folder you found the torrent in, can't be that hard to find.
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-09-04 15:40:43
Link | Citer | R

Halfpint said:

i couldn't find it ether. so i used the search on the computer. and put in the file name that the client couldn't download and bam... its suddenly there... O.O
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-04 15:41:56
Link | Citer | R

Hello XIV peoples =D
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 15:42:29
Link | Citer | R

me...have,,,bca2a8ae... in beta folder...don't have the other
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 15:42:54
Link | Citer | R

didn't go to torrent...used Krizz's site
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 15:43:55
Link | Citer | R

did search...."no files found"
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-04 15:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Danz said:
ok. i figured it out. whatever file the shitty *** SE updater is having problems downloading. go to krizz's site

download the the file you need.

go to

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\patch

and replace the incomplete one with the completed one!

once this is done. run the client again. it will do a scan and see its finished downloading and install. SUCSESS!... SE you can bite my shiny metal ***!

had to...

ur *** is shiney?
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-09-04 15:46:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meowzma said:
Halfpint said:

Mine is d96437e6, I have 2 folders.

Might help if you tell us what you DO have instead of what you don't.

It's the same folder you found the torrent in, can't be that hard to find.
halfpint did not download them from torrent she downloaded them direct from krizz site

she did the start search "file name d9 etc" and it found no files

thats where I said i think someone with more tech exp can help
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 15:57:19
Link | Citer | R

anyone got any ideas?
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 15:57:26
Link | Citer | R

Well I suggest you don't download from anywhere other than using the FFXI updater FIRST so that it can make the inital folders.

I don't mean to be rude but stick to what you know. Once you've aced that, then you can move on to downloading from external sources.
 Valefor.Raij
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Raij 2010-09-04 15:58:49
Link | Citer | R

I downloaded the files from krizz's site and put them in the folders that it says to but when I try to run the beta it still tries to do the update... any ideas?
 Sylph.Rorrick
Serveur: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-09-04 16:01:57
Link | Citer | R

Trying to open the update in uTorrent because it got stuck at 94.8%, but I can't find it. I know the location was posted earlier in the thread, but would anyone be kind enough to tell me where to find it and where to place it once it's done downloading?
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 16:02:11
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Raij said:
I downloaded the files from krizz's site and put them in the folders that it says to but when I try to run the beta it still tries to do the update... any ideas?

Possible that your folders aren't the same as what Krizz has, as Halfpint just demonstrated.

Let the auto-updater run at least 1 or 2 patches, then you can return to Krizz, but put the files into the folders the updater has provided, not what Krizz provided.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-09-04 16:03:00
Link | Citer | R

I'll be putting together a new guide when I get home. Couple hours. Sorry yall are having so much trouble.
 Valefor.Raij
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Raij 2010-09-04 16:07:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meowzma said:
Valefor.Raij said:

Possible that your folders aren't the same as what Krizz has, as Halfpint just demonstrated.

Let the auto-updater run at least 1 or 2 patches, then you can return to Krizz, but put the files into the folders the updater has provided, not what Krizz provided.

Well I have the folders bca2a8ae and d96437e6 so I'm out of ideas on where to put these files now.... and the updater has been running for 3 hours....

Ok well I restarted the update and I'm only missing one file now, it's D2010.09.04.2000 and I have that one downloaded and its in the folders it needs to be in so.....
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 16:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Rorrick said:
Trying to open the update in uTorrent because it got stuck at 94.8%, but I can't find it. I know the location was posted earlier in the thread, but would anyone be kind enough to tell me where to find it and where to place it once it's done downloading?

Sigh this is getting quite frustrating now D:

Go to:
Quote:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\

From here I have 2 folders:
bca2a8ae
d96437e6

You will have to explorer yourself and decide which works for YOU.

The first folder, bca2a8ae\metainfo has torrents from August, so chances are you might not have this folder.

The second folder, d96437e6 will have "metainfo", where the torrents are and "patch", which is where the completed patch files go... when they're complete.

So, we go into d96437e6\metainfo [yours MIGHT be different], we scroll to the bottom and we find today's torrent, D2010.09.04.2000. Open it up (double click whatever) and let it run in whatever torrent app you use [I'm on utorrent].

When it's done, click stop, right click, open containing folder.

You should get:

ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\D2010.09.04.2000.patch

If your updater is still open, close it. Cut the above patch file, go back to where you found the torrent (metainfo), go back 1 folder and, into "patch".

Paste the file into there.

Done.

Open the 14updater again, it should scan the file to 100% and install the patch.

Lakshmi.Trunksc
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: trunksc
By Lakshmi.Trunksc 2010-09-04 16:14:27
Link | Citer | R

hey i have a question, my friend started as a blacksmith, and all he can seem to do is throw rocks and can't seem to kill even weak mobs. any suggestions?
 Bismarck.Rellz
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-09-04 16:15:44
Link | Citer | R

meowzma u get my guide on how to fish? posted it in ur thread. its quite easy once u get the hang of it
did you remake ur char?
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 16:15:47
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Trunksc said:
hey i have a question, my friend started as a blacksmith, and all he can seem to do is throw rocks and can't seem to kill even weak mobs. any suggestions?

Crafters earn xp by crafting. I suggest he crafts.

Alternatively: re-roll to a job that was made for attacking.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-09-04 16:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
I'll be putting together a new guide when I get home. Couple hours. Sorry yall are having so much trouble.

Is todays update on there?
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 16:17:32
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rellz said:
meowzma u get my guide on how to fish? posted it in ur thread. its quite easy once u get the hang of it
did you remake ur char?

I haven't but I will check thanks mate.

I was able to set the depth and jig my rod (just like IRL), I just couldn't work out where I was supposed to stand (there was some white swirly thing in the water), I kept getting the message "you have caught something, but can't reel it in".

I guess I got my hook caught on a rock or someone elses boots lol I'm not sure.
 Garuda.Trunksc
Serveur: Garuda
user: trunksc
By Garuda.Trunksc 2010-09-04 16:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meowzma said:
Lakshmi.Trunksc said:

Crafters earn xp by crafting. I suggest he crafts.

Alternatively: re-roll to a job that was made for attacking.
thanks^^
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 16:18:03
Link | Citer | R

The second folder, d96437e6 will have "metainfo", where the torrents are and "patch", which is where the completed patch files go... when they're complete.

and where do you DL the second folder from..?? I am trying to figure out why this one never made it onto my machine
 Asura.Meowzma
By Asura.Meowzma 2010-09-04 16:20:42
Link | Citer | R

Halfpint said:

and where do you DL the second folder from..?? I am trying to figure out why this one never made it onto my machine

Like I said earlier, I suggest you let the updater run once so that it makes the folders for you.
 Sylph.Rorrick
Serveur: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-09-04 16:21:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Meowzma said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:

Sigh this is getting quite frustrating now D:

Go to:
Quote:
C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version\downloads\ffxiv-beta\

From here I have 2 folders:
bca2a8ae
d96437e6

You will have to explorer yourself and decide which works for YOU.

The first folder, bca2a8ae\metainfo has torrents from August, so chances are you might not have this folder.

So, we go into d96437e6\metainfo [yours MIGHT be different], we scroll to the bottom and we find today's torrent, D2010.09.04.2000. Open it up (double click whatever) and let it run in whatever torrent app you use [I'm on utorrent].

When it's done, click stop, right click, open containing folder.

You should get:

ffxiv-beta\d96437e6\D2010.09.04.2000.patch

If your updater is still open, close it. Cut the above patch file, go back to where you found the torrent (metainfo), go back 1 folder and, into "patch".

Paste the file into there.

Done.

Open the 14updater again, it should scan the file to 100% and install the patch.

That worked perfectly. Thank you very much.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-09-04 16:21:23
Link | Citer | R

I patched everything but I'm still trying to get a beta key ;_;

I just hope we don't have to go though all of this every time they have a version update.
By Halfpint 2010-09-04 16:21:34
Link | Citer | R

did,,, until it bogged down at 97%....still no folder
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 216 217 218