Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:21:51
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Kotaku, as per normal is incredibly biased.

The original Wow Beta was postponed 3 times, it never had a negative spin on it like this.

And the way they say indefinitely really pisses me off... Well everything is *** indefinite.

Kotaku need to stop writing stories in such a biased manner.

i don't really care about kotaku's bias, just sucks that SE is taking down the client downloader. I mean they can still leave that up and let people download the client while they work on bug fixes. Especially if its as slow as people are reporting.

Maybe they'll be upping a file that just straigh up installs all the files you need instead of doing this update ***.

QFtFT

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:28:26
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
Was the open beta of WoW postponed 2 weeks before the entire game's release? Real question, I never took to WoW.

Just funny how such "CRITICAL ERRORS" suddenly popped up even though, if they were so dire, you'd think people would of run into them prior and they'd of like.. fixed it then..

lolidunnodog.dds

No, but it is mildly bad planning expecting a release so close to the launch of open beta. Cata is like 2-3 months away and they are just now coming into the open beta phase.

I'm not sure if they were trying to beat Cata to gain ground, or were just overtly ambitious. But 2/3 weeks is hardcore crunch time. But i like buggy software, more glitches to exploit and you prob wont get banned for the first 6 months at least.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 11:28:42
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:
Was the open beta of WoW postponed 2 weeks before the entire game's release? Real question, I never took to WoW.

Just funny how such "CRITICAL ERRORS" suddenly popped up even though, if they were so dire, you'd think people would of run into them prior and they'd of like.. fixed it then..

lolidunnodog.dds

Thing is, they've just pushed the new areas into the game. my assumption is that something there was found that caused an error. I don't know.

And the wow postponement was about... I'm going to say 1 month before release. The point of the matter is that Kotaku piss me off with the amount of bias dripping from each news post mentioning FF.

I mean Instead of saying "It's been indefinitely stopped" Why not say "It's been postponed until further notice" which is exactly what SE said.

Bah, Biased news websites piss me off

/rantoff.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 11:30:26
Link | Citer | R

Ok, well I've never had good download speeds with Utorrent even using the same ports exactly. I'd suggest trying Bittorrent to see if the speed increases. It worked for me.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:31:01
Link | Citer | R

But kotaku has also shown immense support of FF in the past. I think its more of a mockery of the whole MMO launch schedule in general. Like "OH noes, another AAA+ title MMO is delayed, what a surprise" They trashed Aion like it was nobody's business. Im quite happy with the lack of venom that is in the FFXVI reporting.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 11:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
But kotaku has also shown immense support of FF in the past. I think its more of a mockery of the whole MMO launch schedule in general. Like "OH noes, another AAA+ title MMO is delayed, what a surprise" They trashed Aion like it was nobody's business. Im quite happy with the lack of venom that is in the FFXVI reporting.
FFXVI has been announced already!?
WHAT ABOUGT FFXV!!!?

/sarcasm
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 11:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Yokhai said:

Hmm, Immense support is a tad overboard I'd say. They're far less venomous to any game that is perceived well in the public's eye.

Remember all the bugs at launch of L4D? Each and every news post on that game was dripping with praise, and the end-result was a mediocre Zombie shooter with a ton of bugs.

I dunno, Bias just annoys me at times.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

Hmm, Immense support is a tad overboard I'd say. They're far less venomous to any game that is perceived well in the public's eye.

Remember all the bugs at launch of L4D? Each and every news post on that game was dripping with praise, and the end-result was a mediocre Zombie shooter with a ton of bugs.

I dunno, Bias just annoys me at times.

I do sometimes think that certain companies get a pass based on previous records causeValvecoughBlizzardcough. And since most of the journalist are gamers themselves, we get exposed to the spin of humanity. But i've been please with the way Kotaku has been handling things in general. I wouldn't look to it the way i would IGN or some other corporate run site.

/ontopic

im board *** hell and work on a mac computer so i can't even download the client now if i wanted to. Stupid 3Gb FO line....
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:39:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Kotaku is to videogames as Fox News is to news.

um....wut
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 11:41:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Catastrophe said:
Truth
So is sankakucomplex
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 11:41:48
Link | Citer | R

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Kotaku, and I'm a proud Kotakuite. I've just noticed the negative spin they tend to put on some games. Bashcraft is a really good journalist normally to be fair, and I do like the cover they give to Indie games.
[+]
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:43:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Truth
So is sankakucomplex

I don't want to derail this thread, so make a post in flamecore and let get down to it....
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:44:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Kotakuite.

+1
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 11:44:27
Link | Citer | R

Found out:
WoW expansions are normally post-poned.

Kotaku has yet to make an article about WoW Catacysm needing a postpone
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=JFp&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&q=world+of+warcraft+cataclysm+postpone&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

vs

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=world+of+warcraft+cataclysm+postpone+kotaku&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=7db4f7af4a13aa89

Edit: Okay that might be a bad reference (i was on a diff computer searching things and found a good few threads about Blizzard needing to postpone the new expansion)
By Fouludragon 2010-08-31 11:46:59
Link | Citer | R

Someone want to give me a run down on this? I really don't want to go through the pages of text. Some of the info is either mixed or confusing.

Where do I download the client?
What other installations do I need to start playing beta (Yes yes I know it starts tomorrow 3am USA)?
Where is the website to put feed back, performance, bug errors to be reported on?
What are these patch files I keep hearing about? Do they go in the same folder where we set our save for the Client down load?

Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-31 11:50:03
Link | Citer | R

also
someone answer me this

what is this bullcrap

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=World+of+Warcraft+open+beta+postponed&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=World+of+Warcraft+open+beta+postponed&gs_rfai=CQHJKUjJ9TMncKIzmNJHV_MIEAAAAqgQFT9DfnFk&fp=7db4f7af4a13aa89

i search for "World of Warcraft open beta postponed"

first page: Today's news

WHAT
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 11:50:39
Link | Citer | R

Outstanding. Got my home computer up to over 100 kB/s. Apparently spiked at 400+. I'm satisfied now. Had to tweak the number of connections (laptop already is) to make it jump. I already had a high number set, but raised it to 1000.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-31 11:51:20
Link | Citer | R

Fouludragon said:
Someone want to give me a run down on this? I really don't want to go through the pages of text. Some of the info is either mixed or confusing.

What other installations do I need to start playing beta (Yes yes I know it starts tomorrow 3am USA)?
Where is the website to put feed back, performance, bug errors to be reported on?
What are these patch files I keep hearing about? Do they go in the same folder where we set our save for the Client down load?

1) http://entry.ffxiv.com/
2) It doesn't start tomorrow, it got postponed. You need nothing else though
3) Beta website, we don't have access until we get our keys though.
4) No. It's not that hard... But I've got a giant headache so I can't be bothered to write it all out. You just need the torrents which are stored in in the Beta folder.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-08-31 11:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Can anyone provide the other two torrent files that come after the 4.7GB one? I know one is only a few MB. I'm more concerned with the 1.6GB one. I'd like to have it downloading at the same time (since this one won't come close to capping my bandwidth).
Let's try this again.

All my messenger info is to the left under my name. A simple drag and drop of the .torrent into a message is all I'm asking for.

Edit: Apparently it snuck the 9.29MB one into the folder last time I opened the actual client. So just missing the one that's over 1GB.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:52:52
Link | Citer | R

Fouludragon said:

Don't even bother. they are taking everything offline at 19:00 PDT until they get a critical bug worked out.

All the info is back a page. They spelled it all out.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-08-31 11:52:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ok, well I've never had good download speeds with Utorrent even using the same ports exactly. I'd suggest trying Bittorrent to see if the speed increases. It worked for me.

I'm using bittorrent and the speed is slowww. What's this talk of ports?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:53:58
Link | Citer | R

@Fouludragon

What flion said, plus don't bother till they make a new announcement.
By Fouludragon 2010-08-31 11:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Fouludragon said:

1) http://entry.ffxiv.com/
2) It doesn't start tomorrow, it got postponed. You need nothing else though
3) Beta website, we don't have access until we get our keys though.
4) No. It's not that hard... But I've got a giant headache so I can't be bothered to write it all out. You just need the torrents which are stored in in the Beta folder.

I love you/No Homo

Thought you said few pages back it's open to the public but postponed. How do you get the keys then?

But a headache is good for you that increases brain activity thinking process speed.

Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:55:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Port forwarding if you have a router...you have to "open" the same port number on your router than your torrent client uses to get maximum speed..MAXIMUM SPEED....just google port forwarding and the type of modem/router you have.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-08-31 11:57:18
Link | Citer | R

@foul

you don't get the keys yet. Read this.

http://entry.ffxiv.com/na/index.html
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-31 11:57:19
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Port forwarding if you have a router...you have to "open" the same port number on your router than your torrent client uses to get maximum speed..MAXIMUM SPEED....just google port forwarding and the type of modem/router you have.

I have all my ports forwarded for utorrent and it's still slow as dirt :/
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 216 217 218