First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19
 Sylph.Rebo
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Rebo
By Sylph.Rebo 2010-08-06 07:42:33
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
I think my biggest issue would be people driving high.

Not to directly call u out bud, but this issue in general is one for much debate. On one side some people say it's dangerous because we have no way to field test it, however like alcohol, u can't really overdue it, anyone who says u can is very misinformed to the chemical structure and attachment of thc to your fatty cells.

Now for the fun point but "oh so true" picture how a drunk driver generally would drive: careless, unsure, changing speeds constantly, swaying. Now consider a pot head: both hands on the wheel, eyes peeled, looking both directions 4 or 5 times, creeping 10 mph under the speed limit. Feeling like even slow speeds should maybe go a little slower. Haha. (this part is not meant to be up for debate, it is an opinion, but so many people can relate to the paranoia of driving stoned that actually makes many of us take more precautions as drivers lol)

I'd rather be driving with a stoned driver than somone who picks the worst times and texts while driving, a drunk driver, or half of the people out there who are completely sober yet still are total dumbfucks on the road.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Serveur: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-06 07:47:17
Link | Citer | R

Why can't people just not dive when they're under the influence. I mean, I love to have a drink with dinner or whatever, but I can easily manage without.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-06 08:01:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
"best weed isnt grown in america" they have like weed conventions now man...and like competitions and ***. it's not the fact that they dont' grow good weed in america, it's the fact that the good weed can be hard to get depending on who you know and the whole price factor. good quality bud has quite a markup, my solution get some good seeds and grow your own, most of the people i know that have access to good quality ***gets it from pretty much a "mom and pop" grower that excels in quality rather than quantity. mexican brick weed is something that was grown with little care taken to it. the basic necessities but, no lovin. that and the strain factor. the best weed could be growing two doors down lol.
From my own personal experience I honestly cannot recommend growing it yourself unless you're doing it on a very small scale and outdoors where you don't have to deal with the high costs involved. For most people its simply going to be far easier to buy it from somewhere else.
Quote:
Your doing it wrong!
Sorry but anybody who thinks its cheap or accessible to grow cannabis is ignorant/misinformed. The entry cost, facilities, equipment, knowledge of horticulture, ongoing fixed/variable costs, and time involved is simply far more than the average person is willing to commit to.

£500 minimun for lights,fans pots food ect.

£360 plus electricity

profits if you konw what your doiing up to £5000 max(up to isnt a garantee..ya could make £1000)

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-06 08:08:41
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Bismarck.Aryden said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Fairy.Spence said:
I think my biggest issue would be people driving high.
It isn't the same thing as driving drunk. I'd rather smoke a blunt than drink a beer. I have a feeling that we are in a time of Marijuana's 'Prohibition', Maybe they'll legalize it, one day.
actually, it is. Regardless of alcohol or pot, you are under the influence, in addition to having a slowed reaction timing. There are legitimate reasons as to why cops can tell who is driving under the influence and who isnt ( a good portion of the time )
"A good portion of the time" is so unprovable. Simply because the ones that don't get caught, we duno, so they never get put into a statistic. You made that up out of thin air. Marijuana does slow your reaction time, but to an incredibly almost insignificant amount in drivers (these drivers tend to drive slower anyway). You'll also get this slowed reaction time from the nyquil you took the night before even, but you probably didn't even notice that - exactly. But in the car, where people talk, text, eat, pot shouldn't be high on the priority list. For all the drunk driving deaths, in comparison to all the people that smoke pot, were are all the pot driving death accidents on tv in comparison to alcohols amount?

this is true to an extent because when i went on car driving lessons stoned id drive slower(which is safer)...but that was when i was learning.ive drove motor bikes all my life and in the 10 years i smoked weed id regular go out with mates driving my bike poping wheeling and doing mad ***while under the influence of weed..

if i tried that drunk i wouldnt get out my garden on the bike lol
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-06 08:15:31
Link | Citer | R

i found out a long time ago that the Human brain has cannbis receptors in it wich no other substance in the world can activate.

so if we arnt supposed to smoke it why has our brain got a program for it lol

no other drug has its own receptors.

THC recptors or somthing i forgot but they proved the brain has recptors for thc only
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-06 08:22:10
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Why can't people just not dive when they're under the influence. I mean, I love to have a drink with dinner or whatever, but I can easily manage without.

I agree completely.
 Phoenix.Darki
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-08-06 09:09:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
I'l like to point out, since it's moderately on the topic, that some large-scale illegal growing operations can be pretty terrible and do some pretty bad damage to the environment around them.

A regulated, legal industry could potentially solve this problem.

You're steppin' on my weed plantation ***.

/bang bang.
dead.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 11:27:30
Link | Citer | R

this was one of the more fun and interesting threads i've posted on in this site.
:D good deal
[+]
 Asura.Majae
Serveur: Asura
user: Majae
By Asura.Majae 2010-08-06 11:37:50
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
So we should legalize it because it is less dangerous then alcohol? there are a lot of illegal things less dangerous then alcohol, should we legalize every single one of them? is alcohol the bar? everything more dangerous is illegal, everything less dangerous is legal? The alcohol thing is the first thing EVERY pro marijuana person goes to, and it falls flat.

Because it is a hypocritical way of thinking. To say it's OK to have legal alcohol sales, which definitely get you more "messed up" than marijuana, and not legal weed, is just backwards.

I've never met, nor do I know, one person who got so high on marijuana that he became violent, unintelligible, and lost his balance or his ability to make sound decisions.

People who smoke weed, from what I notice, tend to get more creative, happy, hungry, lazy, sleepy. The friends I know who smoke behave much better in public than the drunks I've seen, and they drive much better. Not to say this is a good idea, driving on any mind altering substance is never a good idea. But it is hypocritical to say alcohol is fine, but marijuana is not.

[+]
By Jedigamer 2010-08-06 11:57:24
Link | Citer | R

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/marijuana/driving-while-stoned-pot/

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/misc/driving/driving.htm

Ragnarok.Faiye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-06 12:42:58
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
"best weed isnt grown in america" they have like weed conventions now man...and like competitions and ***. it's not the fact that they dont' grow good weed in america, it's the fact that the good weed can be hard to get depending on who you know and the whole price factor. good quality bud has quite a markup, my solution get some good seeds and grow your own, most of the people i know that have access to good quality ***gets it from pretty much a "mom and pop" grower that excels in quality rather than quantity. mexican brick weed is something that was grown with little care taken to it. the basic necessities but, no lovin. that and the strain factor. the best weed could be growing two doors down lol.
From my own personal experience I honestly cannot recommend growing it yourself unless you're doing it on a very small scale and outdoors where you don't have to deal with the high costs involved. For most people its simply going to be far easier to buy it from somewhere else.
Quote:
Your doing it wrong!
Sorry but anybody who thinks its cheap or accessible to grow cannabis is ignorant/misinformed. The entry cost, facilities, equipment, knowledge of horticulture, ongoing fixed/variable costs, and time involved is simply far more than the average person is willing to commit to.

£360 plus electricity

profits if you konw what your doiing up to £5000 max(up to isnt a garantee..ya could make £1000)

Don't forget charcoal filters for venting the smell, intake/outake fans, ducting, a master light controller, digital/analog timers, amenities, cost of clones, electrical expertise for running rewiring your breakers to run 220 voltage to the light controller, flood tables if you are doing hydroponics, metal halide/high pressure sodium bulbs...the list goes on.

Or you could cut out virtually all of the cost by doing a small outdoor grow, just plant them in the ground. Since most people here are talking about growing it themselves for personal consumption instead of being a wholesaler, this would net you enough cannabis for a whole years worth for a fraction of the cost (of an indoor grow).
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-06 12:48:18
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:

Have you ever texted, talked on the phone, changed the radio, driven while exceptionally sleepy, or eaten in your car? Maybe you've had a dog or maybe a girlfriend in the passenger seat and was trying for your attention? How about had some prescription pills a few hours before driving? Have you driven to the repair shop knowing full well that your car was having troubles, instead of doing the safe thing and getting it towed? If you've done any of these things, it's no different than driving drunk. I don't see how you can be so adamant about the extreme dangers of driving drunk, when these increase the risk of accidents as well and happen extremely frequently.

You take a risk every time you get in a car, whether they're drunk, an inexperienced driver, or fingering their girlfriend in the passenger seat. A smart person pretty much accepts the fact that they could die every time they hop in a car simply because of the unknown dangers of other drivers, animals, faulty car parts, or weather circumstances.

Why aren't you gung-ho about banning eating, cell phones, texting, sexing, dogs, alcohol, and prescription pills outside of driving? Ok, then why are you so stressed about marijuana outside of driving?
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 12:56:25
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Quote:
Your doing it wrong!

£360 plus electricity

Don't forget charcoal filters for venting the smell, intake/outake fans, ducting, a master light controller, digital/analog timers, amenities, cost of clones, electrical expertise for running rewiring your breakers to run 220 voltage to the light controller, flood tables if you are doing hydroponics, metal halide/high pressure sodium bulbs...the list goes on.

Or you could cut out virtually all of the cost by doing a small outdoor grow, just plant them in the ground. Since most people here are talking about growing it themselves for personal consumption instead of being a wholesaler, this would net you enough cannabis for a whole years worth for a fraction of the cost (of an indoor grow).
I wanted to add something to your point of "it's not that easy", really all you need is a bit of study on how to take care of the plant, what you would need for it and all that.
it's a plus if you know a bit of horticulture, but in all honesty it just boils down to the point of how smart you are. If you can comprehend and understand the why of what you are doing you can grow some bomb-*** plants and possibly breed some hybrids of your own.
it really just depends on how much you are willing to give.
typically a 3 plant system is the best to go with for personal use, get plenty of weed out of that if you actually carefully do everything.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-06 13:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Have you ever texted, talked on the phone, changed the radio, driven while exceptionally sleepy, or eaten in your car? Maybe you've had a dog or maybe a girlfriend in the passenger seat and was trying for your attention? How about had some prescription pills a few hours before driving? Have you driven to the repair shop knowing full well that your car was having troubles, instead of doing the safe thing and getting it towed? If you've done any of these things, it's no different than driving drunk. I don't see how you can be so adamant about the extreme dangers of driving drunk, when these increase the risk of accidents as well and happen extremely frequently.

You take a risk every time you get in a car, whether they're drunk, an inexperienced driver, or fingering their girlfriend in the passenger seat. A smart person pretty much accepts the fact that they could die every time they hop in a car simply because of the unknown dangers of other drivers, animals, faulty car parts, or weather circumstances.

Why aren't you gung-ho about banning eating, cell phones, texting, sexing, dogs, alcohol, and prescription pills outside of driving? Ok, then why are you so stressed about marijuana outside of driving?

Read the thread you shmuck.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 13:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:

in all honesty, i don't think anyone should drive after taking pills that make you drowsy.
i've been there and done that, and i've almost wrecked a few times.
it's not fun having to slap yourself to keep you away driving for miles.
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-08-06 13:03:22
Link | Citer | R

I <3 you bacon.
 Bismarck.Demented
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nrem
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-06 13:03:56
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Majae said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
So we should legalize it because it is less dangerous then alcohol? there are a lot of illegal things less dangerous then alcohol, should we legalize every single one of them? is alcohol the bar? everything more dangerous is illegal, everything less dangerous is legal? The alcohol thing is the first thing EVERY pro marijuana person goes to, and it falls flat.

Because it is a hypocritical way of thinking. To say it's OK to have legal alcohol sales, which definitely get you more "messed up" than marijuana, and not legal weed, is just backwards.

I've never met, nor do I know, one person who got so high on marijuana that he became violent, unintelligible, and lost his balance or his ability to make sound decisions.

People who smoke weed, from what I notice, tend to get more creative, happy, hungry, lazy, sleepy. The friends I know who smoke behave much better in public than the drunks I've seen, and they drive much better. Not to say this is a good idea, driving on any mind altering substance is never a good idea. But it is hypocritical to say alcohol is fine, but marijuana is not.

My high-school A&P teacher was put into a coma, and sustained severe injuries-causing her to receive facial reconstruction surgery, because some drunk driver thought he was on the right side of the road.

You can't justify the manipulation of your perception. The legalization of marijuana, or even non-prescription delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in any form would result in more and more of cases like this; until it happens to someone you know, or someone you love, will you see it through the eyes of someone else. Perhaps if it happens to you, because you had to smoke weed, and you become responsible for the death of an innocent family.

We already have enough stupidity on this planet, we don't need a bunch of mentally deficient hippies running around hallucinating.

Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-06 13:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I <3 you bacon.

/blush

Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-06 13:07:56
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Read the thread you shmuck.

You haven't given your reasons against it besides "driving". That's the only word you've said this whole thread, the more times you say it, the more annoying it is to look at. And anyone who knows anything about this world can tell you: The people who currently drive while high are going to continue driving high. The people who don't, still won't.

I'm positive for the first month of legalization, there will be an increase, but after that there will become diminishing returns on people using the drug. It's not even as addictive as caffeine. A few months post-legalization the number will stabilize to what the current number of users is.

EDIT: Also, you never answered my questions on if you've ever done any of those things while driving. I'm curious to find out.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-06 13:08:27
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Quote:
Your doing it wrong!

£360 plus electricity

I wanted to add something to your point of "it's not that easy", really all you need is a bit of study on how to take care of the plant, what you would need for it and all that.
it's a plus if you know a bit of horticulture, but in all honesty it just boils down to the point of how smart you are. If you can comprehend and understand the why of what you are doing you can grow some bomb-*** plants and possibly breed some hybrids of your own.
it really just depends on how much you are willing to give.
typically a 3 plant system is the best to go with for personal use, get plenty of weed out of that if you actually carefully do everything.

This is absolutely true, some people will tend to have a knack for it simply because they are smart, more focused, and more willing to do the research than the average person. It really depends on the type of person you are and how much attention you are willing to give to it. Its also what separates the really superb growers from growers who are just ok. Virtually everyone I know has their own grow op and that difference is readily obvious to me as I see their results every three months. Its easy to pick out the lazy growers from those who are really on their game.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-06 13:09:00
Link | Citer | R

"It's not addictive, I can quit any time... but I just don't want to"
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-06 13:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
"It's not addictive, I can quit any time... but I just don't want to"

Basically the same as your avatar.
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-06 13:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

I'm positive for the first month of legalization, there will be an increase, but after that there will become diminishing returns on people using the drug. It's not even as addictive as caffeine. A few months post-legalization the number will stabilize to what the current number of users is.

Want to emphasize that first of all. Didn't you just prove my point? I agree in almost all cases, it's less debilitating than alcohol but it's still driving while impaired.

Clearly I don't know anything about this world.

Edit - I brought it up because it's the only issue I might have. I think legalizing it would encourage more people to think it's okay.
 Bismarck.Demented
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nrem
By Bismarck.Demented 2010-08-06 13:15:56
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Yes, because complete loss of perception and hallucination is the same thing as eating in your car.

The stupidity in this thread is astounding.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-06 13:21:27
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Yes, because complete loss of perception and hallucination is the same thing as eating in your car.

Complete loss of perception and hallucination?

Ok, now I get it, I can't win this argument. The people who argue against it are usually just uneducated and think that this "drug" is on par with LSD, shrooms, or DXM. There's really no point in arguing anymore.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 13:23:54
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Ok, now I get it, I can't win this argument. The people who argue against it are usually just uneducated and think that this "drug" is on par with LSD, shrooms, or DXM. There's really no point in arguing anymore.
Hey I can drive better on LSD than most of the people that I know(and they are sober).
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-06 13:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Spence said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Want to emphasize that first of all. Didn't you just prove my point? I agree in almost all cases, it's less debilitating than alcohol but it's still driving while impaired.

Clearly I don't know anything about this world.

Edit - I brought it up because it's the only issue I might have. I think legalizing it would encourage more people to think it's okay.

On people using the drug. Get the context right. I addressed the driving aspect of it in the last sentence of the first paragraph. I can bold for you if you can't find it, I know words are hard to read.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-08-06 13:25:22
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bismarck.Demented said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Fairy.Spence said:

Hey I can drive better on LSD than most of the people that I know(and they are sober).

See? Dumb *** like this are going to continue to drive on marijuana whether it's legal or not. But the people who currently don't, still won't.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-06 13:26:35
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

See? Dumb *** like this are going to continue to drive on marijuana whether it's legal or not. But the people who currently don't, still won't.
Why exactly do you have to call me a dumb *** negative nancy?
just fyi, i wasn't joking.
You can train your body to do anything with practice, I am confident in my driving abilities, and I'm a good driver regardless of my mental status.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19