First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 19:00:39
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
I thought they had limited space to make the products though and not every single person in the prison had a work shift. I thought if the weed offenders were taken out which is prolly less than 10% it wouldn't impact it much, other people in there would just get much work.

Explain it if you can or link me somewhere to go read lol. I don't understand fully how the prisons work, I'm just assuming.
I'm not talking about the products they produce, but the distributors that provide food services, and other utilities and what not.
just like they have their private organizations provide food for schools and what not.
just the concept of lets say 10% as you said of the prison population is released on weed charges, you wouldn't have any them repopulating the prisons and throwing more money in anymore.
repeat offenders ftw.

Well due to the way the prison system is inside chances are they aren't rehabilitated and move on to another drug, which they get arrested for and thrown back in jail safe to say 5% of that 10% would?

So assuming a total loss of 5% overall, that wouldn't really hurt anything. The companies that provide food and such won't go out of business because 5% of the people get released, 10% at start even.

Like said above a few posts, the increase of taxing weed would completley overcome any loss from the prisoners. From a government standpoint they should want this.

Only people opposed should be the food companies taking a ~10% hit, tobacco companies taking prolly 30% hit(Assuming they aren't the ones who take up weed distribution). I don't see why anyone else would.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Serveur: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 19:00:59
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:

Wtf? I got $1,800 the court fees of $250 probation for a year license revoked for a year and 50 hours community service. Now IM raging over this ***lol
I got my license revoked to, well i think I had work privileges or something, what'd you get all that for?
a hit and run too?
i would be pissed if i got community service too on top of that.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 19:01:57
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
I thought they had limited space to make the products though and not every single person in the prison had a work shift. I thought if the weed offenders were taken out which is prolly less than 10% it wouldn't impact it much, other people in there would just get much work.

Explain it if you can or link me somewhere to go read lol. I don't understand fully how the prisons work, I'm just assuming.
I'm not talking about the products they produce, but the distributors that provide food services, and other utilities and what not.
just like they have their private organizations provide food for schools and what not.
just the concept of lets say 10% as you said of the prison population is released on weed charges, you wouldn't have any them repopulating the prisons and throwing more money in anymore.
repeat offenders ftw.

Well due to the way the prison system is inside chances are they aren't rehabilitated and move on to another drug, which they get arrested for and thrown back in jail safe to say 5% of that 10% would?

So assuming a total loss of 5% overall, that wouldn't really hurt anything. The companies that provide food and such won't go out of business because 5% of the people get released, 10% at start even.

Like said above a few posts, the increase of taxing weed would completley overcome any loss from the prisoners. From a government standpoint they should want this.

Only people opposed should be the food companies taking a ~10% hit, tobacco companies taking prolly 30% hit(Assuming they aren't the ones who take up weed distribution). I don't see why anyone else would.
i really can't agree with the whole tax thing because it's still too much of a hypothetical in regards to the US.
how much do they charge people for medical weed?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 19:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:

Wtf? I got $1,800 the court fees of $250 probation for a year license revoked for a year and 50 hours community service. Now IM raging over this ***lol
I got my license revoked to, well i think I had work privileges or something, what'd you get all that for?
a hit and run too?
i would be pissed if i got community service too on top of that.

here in LA if you are caught driving under the influence you get a year with no license and when you do get it back you have to PAY for them to install a breathalyzer thing on your car before it will start... idr if they give you jail time or not either, ***'s crazy though. Not that I disagree but damn.
 Cerberus.Excelior
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-05 19:20:30
Link | Citer | R

I didnt read this entire thread, and I dont smoke weed, but can somebody please explain to me why I would want to? I really don't understand people who smoke weed, cigs, and drink alchohal on a regular basis. I mean there are many productive ways to spend your time that don't involve substance abuse. I think I live a pretty successful and enjoyable life without those things, why can't other people?

Edit: For people who say they do drugs to deal with the stress of life, you'd probably spend less money seeing a therapist and getting real help.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-05 19:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
It seems similar to why people don't want gay marriage legalized, religious or moral standpoints, nothing is actually harmful about it.

The only reason aside from what I stated above I can think of, is the tobacco companies don't want to take up weed since a lot of people will just grow their own if it's legal. They 'assume' it won't make them as much money imo so they prefer to keep it illegal and not worry about crashing their cigarette market for a risky change.

Personally I think the weed market will make more than tobacco and people will buy it instead of grow it, but maybe they have opposing thoughts, I really can't say tbh, it's all speculation.
Good observation. I think it's also important to note, however, that it's just as easy to make alcohol in your back yard. (Moonshine!) Yet it's not a rampant problem anymore, because it's just easier to buy it legally.

I imagine marijuana will be much the same.

There is certainly nothing easy about growing your own cannabis. It is extremely time consuming, expensive, requires alot of specialized equipment/space, and requires a huge amount of technical knowledge and skill in horticulture in order to produce an end product that is of high quality.

Legalization won't make growers out of people who aren't doing it already. It will allow the average person to carry small amounts of cannabis without any legal ramifications. You will still need a medical script to grow your own.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 19:25:21
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Excelior said:
I didnt read this entire thread, and I dont smoke weed, but can somebody please explain to me why I would want to? I really don't understand people who smoke weed, cigs, and drink alchohal on a regular basis. I mean there are many productive ways to spend your time that don't involve substance abuse. I think I live a pretty successful and enjoyable life without those things, why can't other people?

Edit: For people who say they do drugs to deal with the stress of life, you'd probably spend less money seeing a therapist and getting real help.

No one wants everyone to be high, or to smoke. If you don't want to, then don't. Simple as that. You can agree we should have the right to smoke, if not around other people and if it doesn't cause other people harm though, I'm sure.

I could list medical reasons, how they help with sleep, how they help with muscle pain ect, but it's not really needed as I'm not trying to prove a point. Good slight trolling attempt though, very subtle.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-05 19:27:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Excelior said:

I'm not a smoker either, but I am somewhat of an expert on this (if that makes any sense). Cannabis is a natural alternative to many prescription drugs, and has been used to treat:

Alzheimer's Disease
Arthritis
Asthma / Breathing Disorders
Crohn's / Gastrointestinal Disorders
Epilepsy / Seizures
Glaucoma
Hepatitis C
Migraines
Multiple Sclerosis / Muscle Spasms
Nausea / Chemotherapy
Pain / Analgesia
Psychological Conditions
Tourette's Syndrome
Terminally Ill

There are others, but this is a fairly comprehensive list.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-05 19:29:46
Link | Citer | R

I'm not a statistics person but I'd say 99% of smokers don't have those issues.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 19:31:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Excelior said:

it gives you a different perspective on things, makes you think differently. and it feels good on top of all that.
do you like feeling good?
i do drugs to maintain a few psychological issues, and a therapist would be doing the same damn thing, they would give me drugs.
the difference is that they give you a "legal" drug.
i am a diagnosed bipolar with social anxiety, i could either A) get prescribed bipolar medication for my not so severe case of bipolar and then worsen the condition by becoming dependent on the said medication.

mini edit: also, bipolar drugs make you a zombie anyway.
I choose to self medicate and meditate.
That's not the sole reason I smoke weed but it's a factor involved in it.
I probably would have had a few more manic episodes if I hadn't been self medicating, I can get pretty brutal if I go off the deep end.
I just wonder why you feel you have to make your opinion known when you don't read anything discussed, selfish *** IMO.
Cerberus.Excelior said:
and my case and point.
anythign you say will just be contrary to anything posted in here and you will just make your own points without considering others :/
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-05 19:33:45
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
I didnt read this entire thread, and I dont smoke weed, but can somebody please explain to me why I would want to? I really don't understand people who smoke weed, cigs, and drink alchohal on a regular basis. I mean there are many productive ways to spend your time that don't involve substance abuse. I think I live a pretty successful and enjoyable life without those things, why can't other people? Edit: For people who say they do drugs to deal with the stress of life, you'd probably spend less money seeing a therapist and getting real help.
it gives you a different perspective on things, makes you think differently. and it feels good on top of all that. do you like feeling good? i do drugs to maintain a few psychological issues, and a therapist would be doing the same damn thing, they would give me drugs. the difference is that they give you a "legal" drug. i am a diagnosed bipolar with social anxiety, i could either A) get prescribed bipolar medication for my not so severe case of bipolar and then worsen the condition by becoming dependent on the said medication. I choose to self medicate and meditate. That's not the sole reason I smoke weed but it's a factor involved in it. I probably would have had a few more manic episodes if I hadn't been self medicating, I can get pretty brutal if I go off the deep end. I just wonder why you feel you have to make your opinion known when you don't read anything discussed, selfish *** IMO.
Cerberus.Excelior said:
and my case and point. anythign you say will just be contrary to anything posted in here and you will just make your own points with considering others :/

I read some of it, and I wasn't making my opinion known. I was asking for an honest answer. I have a lot of friends who smoke and I just never could get into it.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-05 19:35:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Excelior said:

Then you probably don't live in California. Most of the people I know who are smokers are afflicted with at least one of the things I posted on that list. Alot of the downplay of the medicinal properties of cannabis are purely based on cultural hype and ignorance.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 19:36:01
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
I didnt read this entire thread, and I dont smoke weed, but can somebody please explain to me why I would want to? I really don't understand people who smoke weed, cigs, and drink alchohal on a regular basis. I mean there are many productive ways to spend your time that don't involve substance abuse. I think I live a pretty successful and enjoyable life without those things, why can't other people? Edit: For people who say they do drugs to deal with the stress of life, you'd probably spend less money seeing a therapist and getting real help.
it gives you a different perspective on things, makes you think differently. and it feels good on top of all that. do you like feeling good? i do drugs to maintain a few psychological issues, and a therapist would be doing the same damn thing, they would give me drugs. the difference is that they give you a "legal" drug. i am a diagnosed bipolar with social anxiety, i could either A) get prescribed bipolar medication for my not so severe case of bipolar and then worsen the condition by becoming dependent on the said medication. I choose to self medicate and meditate. That's not the sole reason I smoke weed but it's a factor involved in it. I probably would have had a few more manic episodes if I hadn't been self medicating, I can get pretty brutal if I go off the deep end. I just wonder why you feel you have to make your opinion known when you don't read anything discussed, selfish *** IMO.
Cerberus.Excelior said:
and my case and point. anythign you say will just be contrary to anything posted in here and you will just make your own points with considering others :/

I read some of it, and I wasn't making my opinion known. I was asking for an honest answer. I have a lot of friends who smoke and I just never could get into it.
that whole list there was more on the case of medical marijuana and the positives in regards to medical marijuana, sorry if i got a bit pissy.
this is right around the time where i start smoking weed and talking crazy so be prepared.
i hope i can make myself just stay off the site and watch some anime or something.
this place timesinks me like no other.
edit: and hope my answer served as a legitimate one, sorry again, I just usually see comments like that as I don't care what you say but I'll say something anyway, but since you aren't doing that it's all good.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 19:53:40
Link | Citer | R

Again, I would argue we do know why its illegal, money. The idea that the govt has some reason they're not telling us is silly, our military secrets leek and we've all been had on marijuana? There is no secret, its not like one person, is some know it all, thats him himself is keeping it illegal. Its a bunch of institution within the govt that can simply acknolwedge the fact that this means a loss in revenue and or funding and or less of a chance or reason to take tax payer dollars, and insist, besides (and maybe some of them really believe), they're doing a good at the sametime.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Serveur: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-08-05 19:53:45
Link | Citer | R

I don't really understand what peoples need for it to be legal is.

I understand it makes you happy/feel good, but isn't there other things that make you feel good? If you have to rely on just one thing, be it drugs, sex, video games, i.e to make you happy then there are some deeper issues there.

Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 19:55:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

I understand it makes you happy/feel good, but isn't there other things that make you feel good? If you have to rely on just one thing, be it drugs, sex, video games, i.e to make you happy then there are some deeper issues there.

Of course, so it should remain illegal because some people have personal issues? People should be thrown in jail because some people will relie on it for personal reasons?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 19:55:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

did you read this thread at all?
or even like the last two pages on that note.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-05 19:58:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

This thread is pretty similar to the gay marriage thread, they are both moral/religious issues mainly. You wouldn't go say this in that thread I bet lol...
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 19:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Who cares what California voters want when California judges can just overturn them? It'd be delicious irony to see marijuana legalized only to have some judge tell them uh-uh.

Eh, amending the constitution type law is kinda diff. What would be funny is if what happened like in AZ, and the Fed decides to sew CA. This would absolutely f*** Obama if he cared about re-election though I'd think.
 Shiva.Daimos
Serveur: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-05 20:00:26
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

It's a recreational activity just as 11 is.
You have severe problems because you play this game, hypocrite.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 20:02:54
Link | Citer | R

thats right, "sew" CA
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-08-05 20:03:15
Link | Citer | R

I don't think anyone thinks weed is morally wrong. I will never believe the government is the ultimate judge of morality as much as they might want to be. People who blindly do something just because they're "told" to are the real idiots. I don't smoke but I'm sure there are both responsible and irresponsible ways to do it, and you should judge the person's own actions rather than just the weed.
 Ragnarok.Faiye
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-05 20:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Its seems a lot of people are behind the times in regards to cannabis. Its not illegal, its pseudo legal depending on which state you live in. There are no less than 15 states that have medical marijuana programs.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 20:03:52
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Quote:
Who cares what California voters want when California judges can just overturn them? It'd be delicious irony to see marijuana legalized only to have some judge tell them uh-uh.

Eh, amending the constitution type law is kinda diff. What would be funny is if what happened like in AZ, and the Fed decides to sew CA. This would absolutely f*** Obama if he cared about re-election though I'd think.
I would like to smoke weed with Obama.
Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Its seems a lot of people are behind the times in regards to cannabis. Its not illegal, its pseudo legal depending on which state you live in. There are no less than 15 states that have medical marijuana programs.

it's decriminalized where I live, but you're still *** if you have a piece or papers. essentially you just get a slap on the wrist when you are carting around weed here, but anything past that and they'll *** ya.
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 20:04:15
Link | Citer | R

Im surprised no ones brought up the issue of the fact that federally itll still be illegal, and fed agents can still bust you. Which is why I think no company, nor stores will actually sell it as they would obvious targets as the fed is not going to go around busting individuals. This laws more like a paranoia reliever.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 20:04:52
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Quote:

I would like to smoke weed with Obama.

Whats with that a**, first he says he wont bust med pot shops, and...they still are....
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-05 20:06:11
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Faiye said:

Ok, in the State sense, federally, no, of course this thread is about state, but it being illegal as it is (whatever you wanna call it) still gets you banned from college grants, fired from work, its not exactly just like every other prescription drug either.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 20:08:23
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Im surprised no ones brought up the issue of the fact that federally itll still be illegal, and fed agents can still bust you. Which is why I think no company, nor stores will actually sell it as they would obvious targets as the fed is not going to go around busting individuals. This laws more like a paranoia reliever.
it will be as legal as pirating is essentially :/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Faiye
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-08-05 20:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:

Ok, in the State sense, federally, no, of course this thread is about state, but it being illegal as it is (whatever you wanna call it) still gets you banned from college grants, fired from work, its not exactly just like every other prescription drug either.

Not in California dear sir. As long as you have a prescription you can carry up to 3 pounds of it on your person without any legal action taken against you.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-05 20:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Faiye said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:
Ragnarok.Faiye said:

Not in California dear sir. As long as you have a prescription you can carry up to 3 pounds of it on your person without any legal action taken against you.
i think the fine is like 100+ for up to 3 pounds here.
it's working it's way to being legalized.
ohio btw.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 17 18 19