Sengikori
 Hades.Cahlum
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Cahlum
By Hades.Cahlum 2010-08-13 03:41:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Regardless of what the description says, using Sengikori before the first WS -will- boost SC damage by a noticeable amount.

Sekkanoki >> Sengikori >> Tachi: Rana >> Tachi: Gekko

^ This for a boost in SC damage aaaand:

Sekkanoki >> Tachi: Rana >> Sengikori >> Tachi: Gekko

for a boost in MB damage.

This is all there is to it. If you really are all so brain dead you can't tell this go find a BLM that can actually MB and you will see if used on the closing WS for the SC the BLM MB is boosted by 400-600 on AMII. Just lock this thread now before more failwhale SAMs try to proove they are correct when they are not.
 Ifrit.Vextra
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-13 03:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Cahlum said:
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Regardless of what the description says, using Sengikori before the first WS -will- boost SC damage by a noticeable amount.

This is all there is to it. If you really are all so brain dead you can't tell this go find a BLM that can actually MB and you will see if used on the closing WS for the SC the BLM MB is boosted by 400-600 on AMII. Just lock this thread now before more failwhale SAMs try to proove they are correct when they are not.

empty words, considering your sam is 21 and you don't have a non magic dd job 50+
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-08-13 03:55:04
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Hades.Cahlum said:
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

empty words, considering your sam is 21 and you don't have a non magic dd job 50+

Hes right though.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-13 03:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Hades.Cahlum said:
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:

Hes right though.

never said he wasn't
 Cerberus.Cahlum
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2010-08-13 03:59:46
Link | Citer | R

my BLM is 80 and you assume I dont have a SAM friend who isnt a retard like you? Posting with wrong character. Server merge ftl

I am sick of all these useless SAMs who cba to test anything properly and them claim its the right way to do things.
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-13 04:03:50
Link | Citer | R

He played the "You don't have the job so there is no way you can understand all of the esoteric mechanics behind it" card. FFXI is tough, I don't know how one could understand how a job they don't have leveled works /sarcasm.
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-13 04:04:55
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Cahlum said:
my BLM is 80 and you assume I dont have a SAM friend who isnt a retard like you? Posting with wrong character. Server merge ftl

I am sick of all these useless SAMs who cba to test anything properly and them claim its the right way to do things.

lolumad?
 Cerberus.Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2010-08-13 04:06:55
Link | Citer | R

Maybe your server is full of less fail SAMs
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Cerberus.Cahlum said:

lolumad?

Maybe your server is full of less fail SAMs than mine who consistently insist on using Sengikori first for everything
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-13 04:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure you could be a lvl one character and still see the effects of what other people do... or do simple math
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-13 04:10:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Cahlum said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Cerberus.Cahlum said:

lolumad?

Maybe your server is full of less fail SAMs than mine who consistently insist on using Sengikori first for everything

no we have quite a few of fail <jobs>
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-13 04:12:38
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Vextra said:
Cerberus.Cahlum said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Cerberus.Cahlum said:
my BLM is 80 and you assume I dont have a SAM friend who isnt a retard like you? Posting with wrong character. Server merge ftl I am sick of all these useless SAMs who cba to test anything properly and them claim its the right way to do things.
lolumad?
no we have quite a few of fail <jobs>
I think every server does. In fact some are so fail it is almost legendary. I can recall a rdm that refused to refresh the 3 blu and 1 whm in a nyzle ilse group no matter how many times asked. And yes this was back before lvl cap increase. And wouldn't cast cures until after fights were over because he was afraid to get hate... etc
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-13 04:16:16
Link | Citer | R

To be fair if I was a rdm in Nyzul with 3 blu I would be too busy rocking back in forth in the fetal position to refresh anyone.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-13 04:17:44
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zibo said:
To be fair if I was a rdm in Nyzul with 3 blu I would be too busy rocking back in forth in the fetal position to refresh anyone.
Lol yeah they do kinda tear ***up. The 6th member was a sam and was complaining he couldn't ws on mobs.

But I mean like even when we were together and low on mp he wouldn't... the whm ended up switching to brd after
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-13 04:20:22
Link | Citer | R

Well seeing as all of the mobs are basically easy prey except for the nms you could probably win with 6 DD whms, I was talking more about the fact that BLUs are (were) notorious for being refresh divas.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-13 04:36:09
Link | Citer | R

Refresh was always a pet peave of mine. Almost no rdm would refresh me unless I had just asked for it. But my thf would get refreshes without asking lol. Cause it always looked like I was low on mp due to my homam and mp merits and almost none in ws gear
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-13 08:58:46
Link | Citer | R

Seems like we've reached a comfortable consensus on Sengikori's usage now. Thanks to all the contributors in this thread!

Please remember, even though it was long ago, we're the same NA FFXI player base that seriously thought adding Divine Seal before a Raise reduced weakness timer and also thought killshots on THF increased the effectiveness of Treasure Hunter.

So, pardon me for requesting multiple users' input on Sengikori, seeing as it is a fairly new job ability. Just because I was seeking consensus doesn't mean "I just didn't understand it", Vextra (and others), you ignoramus.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-08-13 09:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Its pretty easy to test the Divine Seal BS, lol.
 Cerberus.Simplywill
By Cerberus.Simplywill 2010-08-13 10:30:13
Link | Citer | R

So it seems like general concensus is for the following situations that:

Sengikori > Yukikaze > Gekko = Frag SC Dmg Boost
Yukikaze > Sengikori > Gekko = Frag MB Dmg Boost

But what happens when you turn this into a 3 step?

Yukikaze > Sengikori > Gekko > Kasha = ???

Is it a Frag MB Dmg Boost? or Light SC Dmg Boost? Both?
 Ifrit.Arawn
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2010-08-13 12:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Zibo said:
Weaponskilling with Sengikori up makes it so that the next "action" is buffed. If you do Sengi -> Yuki, then the Gekko you follow with will have enhanced SC. If you do Sekkanoki -> Yuki > Sengi > Gekko, the Gekko will plant the buff on the next "action" whether it is a Magic Bursted Nuke, or a Kasha to create light, either the magic burst or the skillchain will be enhanced.

Sengikori only boosts 1 thing, it does not continue like a chain.

Basically if being paired with sekkanoki you should do this:
Enhanced SC Dmg: Sekka -> Sengi -> Rana -> Gekko
Rana plants the bonus, and gekko uses that bonus by creating a skillchain.

Enhanced MB Dmg: Sekka -> Rana -> Sengi -> Gekko -> Nuke
The Sengi-Gekko both creates a SC and plants the sengikori buff. The nuke takes the buff and recieves a boost.

I felt like repeating what a couple competent people have been saying because obviously facts aren't conclusive enough.

Answers my question, thank you.
 Ifrit.Zibo
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-13 12:43:23
Link | Citer | R

No problem.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-13 14:30:08
Link | Citer | R

I'd say that'd be about half right. I tried testing this a week or so ago for a few hours.

First SC was without Sengi, they averaged around there only really spiking over 600 a few times, so that was the benchmark I used.

I can't state anything as fact mind you but the bonus seems to be applied regardless of when you use the WS. In a sense, using Sengi to WS with someone who just WS'd, would also grant the bonus to the resulting SC, but not to a third consecutive WS or MB. Whereas using it first, would grant the bonus to someone elses SC, and if they use Sengi too, it would then apply to the third step etc. Increase seems to range anywhere from 10-20% too, but I have no idea if the same % applies to MB since I didn't test that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-13 14:41:55
Link | Citer | R

Interesting.
So, just as we decided on a consensus, we have some data from Darkanaseur that suggests it doesn't even matter if you use Sengikori before the 1st WS or before the 2nd WS.

Now, this is a small sample size presented here, and we'd need to see the corresponding Tachi:Gekko damage for each Fragmentation in order to determine if the Renkei damage was greater than 1.08% of the Tachi:Gekko damage.

Nonetheless, this data flies in the face of our group consensus prior to Darkanaseur's post.
Thus, we need more data. Let's see it!
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-13 14:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Yeah sorry, I would've posted sooner but I seem to have missed this thread somehow.

Edit: I'm just rounding here, but I avoided using any DA/STR gear on WS incase it gave random boosts to the SC. There was a lot more screens, but I just didn't want to edit and upload them all.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
I'm telling ya, "Initiate" can be interpreted to mean "start" or "begin", in which case I would believe Sengikori would need to be applied before the first WS, or it could be interpreted to mean "create" or "ignite", in which case I would believe Sengikori would need to be applied before the 2nd WS. (keeping things simple and presuming 2-step skillchain here).

Please don't tell me to "look up" the meaning of "initiate" when you won't even admit that the word could have multiple pertinent meanings in the context it's used in for the in-game Ability description.

I'm perfectly willing to believe that you have to use Sengikori before the 1st WS. However, I've yet to see or hear any substantial proof one way or the other. I've seen lots of opinions and speculation.

I wasnt telling you to look up the word I was telling Kyrial because they were using it wrong (after first ws) and saying it makes no bonus.

I was telling you elle im on your server and you can contact me in game to explain it to you better or show you how it works in person.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:05:51
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I'd say that'd be about half right. I tried testing this a week or so ago for a few hours.

First SC was without Sengi, they averaged around there only really spiking over 600 a few times, so that was the benchmark I used.

I can't state anything as fact mind you but the bonus seems to be applied regardless of when you use the WS. In a sense, using Sengi to WS with someone who just WS'd, would also grant the bonus to the resulting SC, but not to a third consecutive WS or MB. Whereas using it first, would grant the bonus to someone elses SC, and if they use Sengi too, it would then apply to the third step etc. Increase seems to range anywhere from 10-20% too, but I have no idea if the same % applies to MB since I didn't test that.

No your data is all wrong your SC damage is based on the closing WS's damage say so without your WS numbers this all means nothing.

I repeat agian it is exactly a 25% boost to ws damage when applied correctly.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:08:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Interesting.
So, just as we decided on a consensus, we have some data from Darkanaseur that suggests it doesn't even matter if you use Sengikori before the 1st WS or before the 2nd WS.

Now, this is a small sample size presented here, and we'd need to see the corresponding Tachi:Gekko damage for each Fragmentation in order to determine if the Renkei damage was greater than 1.08% of the Tachi:Gekko damage.

Nonetheless, this data flies in the face of our group consensus prior to Darkanaseur's post.
Thus, we need more data. Let's see it!

No elle thier data shows nothing they didnt even post WS numbers which is what the SCdamage is based on.... You are giving me a head ache I know excatly how it works I have tested it for hours with a calculater not eying ***up it is exactly a 25% boost when totally unresisted.

If you would like me to post screen shots to better explain it that is fine but please please dont say Dark knows what they are talking about they didnt even post WS numbers!
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:11:42
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Yeah sorry, I would've posted sooner but I seem to have missed this thread somehow.

Edit: I'm just rounding here, but I avoided using any DA/STR gear on WS incase it gave random boosts to the SC. There was a lot more screens, but I just didn't want to edit and upload them all.

DA/STR is irrellivent as the boost they give is based on the boost given to the closing ws, in any case naked or fully buffed the SC damage is a % of the closing ws based on the SC level and the number of WS that was used in the SC(3 part darkness is more than 2 part darkness for instance).

I point you to this page where all the SC damage (before SC bonus trait from 78 sam and sengikori at 77 sam) has been for a very very long time.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Skillchain#Linked_Skillchains]Skillchain damage
 Asura.Daleterrence
Serveur: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-08-13 15:13:06
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure how this helps, because I haven't read the whole thread, but this is what I got using Sengikori before the first WS. When I get back, I'm going to 2 hour one of the 75 NMs around like the Kraken in Qufim for example, and I'll post that up.

Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-08-13 15:19:03
Link | Citer | R

Darkness and light skillchains mimic what the closing WS dmg did. T2 Skillchains do not so you are still getting the added bonus.
By Popp1sgirl 2010-08-13 15:19:31
Link | Citer | R

It does help I will use this pic to plug in numbers. Level two skillchain closer doing 1260 damage should do 60% of gekko or 1260 x .60 = 756 damage without sengikori or skillchain bonus trait.

Add in skillchain bonus trait + 8% or

756 x 1.08 = 816.48.

Now we add in the sengikori 25% bnous or

816.48 x 1.25 = 1020.6

What do you know I got the exact number it did hmmm.....

Now stop telling me there is conflicting information.