Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK greatsword
DRK greatsword
 Valefor.Argettio
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-13 15:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Askar has (had? I am a little out of date) a use for all jobs that can wear it.

For DRK it is strictly for capped acc situations such as:
* Campaign
* Nyzul
* Assaults
etc

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-13 15:07:24
Link | Citer | R

Askar body has no use ever on any job, it was put in the game soley for the purpose of gimping players. *** off with that ***.

I don't want to wear full perle(even though I have it) when I own an Ebody...I better get +10acc/atk and +5str/dex on Ebody magian next update with new haste options that ***on perle. That's just *** depressing.

Edit: With acc bonus I will say it's for drg 6hit, anyone else should kill themselves using askar body.
[+]
 Phoenix.Gerrott
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gerrott
By Phoenix.Gerrott 2010-07-13 15:09:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
5/5 Perle has the same haste as Homam Hands/Pants/Feet/Turban Combo, and Higher STR ATTK and ACC.

Not sure if the extra stats outweigh Ebody / Homam Accuracy, but just wondering how 14% is now equal to 13%?
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 15:10:55
Link | Citer | R

The English Translation was mistyped on the head showed it having 2% Haste...

Every other translation of the game shows it having 3% haste meaning the entire set equals in haste to using 3/5 homam and Turban, and will have Higher STR ATTK and ACC.

Its been tested and proven that it is indead 3% haste on the head and not 2%...

Makes me Emo :/

5/5 Perle is indead 14% haste.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 15:14:45
Link | Citer | R

K just did a check of perle stats compared to my stats (just armor not rings/accessories/weapon)
-Perle Hauberk set-

Defense +179
STR +22
DEX +14
VIT +10
Attack +25
Accuracy +18
Enmity +4
Haste +13%
"Critical hit rate" +2%

-My TP set-

DEF +126
HP +120
MP +61
Attack +5
Accuracy +23
Haste +14%
STR +7
VIT +7
Attk +5
Dex +5
Store tp +4
Subtle blow +4
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 15:18:42
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Askar body has no use ever on any job, it was put in the game soley for the purpose of gimping players. *** off with that ***.

I don't want to wear full perle(even though I have it) when I own an Ebody...I better get 10acc/atk and 5str/dex on Ebody magian next update with new haste options that ***on perle. That's just *** depressing.

Edit: With acc bonus I will say it's for drg 6hit, anyone else should kill themselves using askar body.

SK it indeed beats E:Body.

Using E:Body Turban 3/5 Homam

STR +10
Attack +15
ACC +28
Haste +14%
DEX +10

Using 5/5 Perle Combo.

STR +22
Attack +25
Haste +14%
DEX +14
Accuracy +18
Crit rate +2%
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-13 15:19:38
Link | Citer | R

I don't want to wear full perle(even though I have it) when I own an Ebody...I better get 10acc/atk and 5str/dex on Ebody magian next update with new haste options that ***on perle. That's just *** depressing.

For a 501 scythe
askar + sword + rajas > hauby + pole + rajas (when accuracy is capped in both cases)

No doubt the situations where you can say you don't need acc from the body is rare... but situationally it had (5/5 Perle beats both sets now) a use.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 15:20:35
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
Askar body has no use ever on any job, it was put in the game soley for the purpose of gimping players. *** off with that ***. I don't want to wear full perle(even though I have it) when I own an Ebody...I better get 10acc/atk and 5str/dex on Ebody magian next update with new haste options that ***on perle. That's just *** depressing. Edit: With acc bonus I will say it's for drg 6hit, anyone else should kill themselves using askar body.
For a 501 scythe askar sword rajas > hauby pole rajas (when accuracy is capped in both cases) No doubt the situations where you can say you don't need acc from the body is rare... but situationally it had (5/5 Perle beats both sets now) a use.
Greatsword discussion onry
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-13 15:20:58
Link | Citer | R

yeah, my accuracy would suck and I need to kill myself.
edit: ofc, if I need to use hauberk +1 for the accuracy, I'll use it
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-13 15:21:01
Link | Citer | R

According to wiki your check is wrong, since it's 14% total for perle the head is actually tested as 3%... im pretty pissed about that. >_<

Ebody/homam still has around 10ish more acc(too lazy to add the dex properly for exact count) In most situations though where you are gonna easily cap your acc I see how perle set is winning... more atk, str and 2% crit rate increase :/

I'm going to write SE a long and very stern letter expressing my utmost disappointment in the release of their new abyssea sets and my dissatisfaction with how it's stats conflict with my current epeen sets.

Edit: @Gradd I understood your point, I was saying ASKAR is only good for drg, not perle set, and tell argettio's retard *** to get out we arent talking about scythe atm.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 15:22:34
Link | Citer | R

I want emergency maitenance so SE can correct all translation mistakes and add autotranslate words
 Valefor.Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-07-13 15:25:11
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Valefor.Argettio said:
Askar body has no use ever on any job, it was put in the game soley for the purpose of gimping players. *** off with that ***. I don't want to wear full perle(even though I have it) when I own an Ebody...I better get 10acc/atk and 5str/dex on Ebody magian next update with new haste options that ***on perle. That's just *** depressing. Edit: With acc bonus I will say it's for drg 6hit, anyone else should kill themselves using askar body.
For a 501 scythe askar sword rajas > hauby pole rajas (when accuracy is capped in both cases) No doubt the situations where you can say you don't need acc from the body is rare... but situationally it had (5/5 Perle beats both sets now) a use.

Same theory works for GS. Just never used GS enough to be able to give specific examples.

Askar (in most cases) will negate the effect for sword strap and effectively give you 2DA and -3% delay. All assuming you can stomach the loss of 15(ish) acc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 15:26:39
Link | Citer | R

SK the 14 DEX translates into 10.5 ACC Meaning it has 28.5 ACC.

So it would have .5 ACC more than using E:body, I know your bummed out man but do the math before you spout out false numbers :(

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-13 15:31:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Gradd said:
SK the 14 DEX translates into 10.5 ACC Meaning it has 28.5 ACC.

So it would have .5 ACC more than using E:body, I know your bummed out man but do the math before you spout out false numbers :(

uhhh...

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Using E:Body Turban 3/5 Homam

STR +10
Attack +15
ACC +28
Haste +14%
DEX +10

Using 5/5 Perle Combo.

STR +22
Attack +25
Haste +14%
DEX +14
Accuracy +18
Crit rate +2%

28acc - 18acc

with the dex added in...

35.5(28acc+10dex) - 28.5(18acc+14dex) = Ebody/homam 7 more acc

Like I said I was too lazy to count the dex, but I was correct in Ebody/homam giving a slight acc boost, once again I already agreed with you that perle was better just not that it has more acc.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 15:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said:

yeah, my accuracy would suck and I need to kill myself.
edit: ofc, if I need to use hauberk 1 for the accuracy, I'll use it

Ok now get rid of the pizza and Hasso, youll be sitting on 71.3% ACC which is discusting.

Your Goal should be to Cap ACC as high as possible without the use of food, using Haub +1 gives you 8% more ACC.

You wont be full timing hasso constantly not on DRK so youd actually be at 90% ACC, especially if your /nin then you really wont be at capped ACC.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-07-13 15:41:15
Link | Citer | R

Oh you know what your right I didnt add E:bodies Dex you got me beat on that one X=
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-13 15:44:32
Link | Citer | R

For those situation, I'd probably be using scythe and diabolic eye, then
edit: same setup, but hauberk +1 and full scythe merits...
412 acc (88.5% hit rate)... DEX Absolution would put me at cap, though
(this is w/o food or hasso, or DE)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 15:52:27
Link | Citer | R

So perle is indeed a fact that it is 14% haste :o ?
/sigh more impossible cruor farming that I can't do cuz of my job XD...curse night shifts....lol oh well :3
I wonder what new expansion armors will be like O_O
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-13 15:54:50
Link | Citer | R

@Volkom On our server we(as in the ppl on the server, not me) crashed the prices on the abyssea armor with our 10hour farm sessions.. each peice is now 50k-100k and steadily dropping. Not hard to farm gil and just buy them off AH tbh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-13 15:58:54
Link | Citer | R

In as previous post I told you:

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
You only need 17 StoreTP for TP and for WS for a 7hit build...if you use Pole grip with your Albion.

You would need 24 StoreTP for a 7hit build... if you use Sword strap with your Albion.

And I think before that, you had asked me if you had a 7hit with your current gear (you said you thought you did too)... I thought you didn't but because I didn't know you had StoreTP on your Nuevo Coselete body...

So looking at your current gear again, you actually do have a 7hit/6hit rebuild (with 452 delay, while using Sword strap)

If you use sword strap with 466 delay, you would need at least +24 StoreTP, but since you have +26 StoreTP in your TP gear, you can have a little less in your WS gear set.

More specifically, you have +26STP for TP and +22STP for WS atm.

After doing the math: You're getting 87.6% TP for 6hits, and 14.1% TP with WS.

87.6% TP + 14.1% TP = 101.7% TP (that's what you should be getting)

So yeah, you do have a 7hit with your current gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 16:06:47
Link | Citer | R

@ Samuraiking yeah lol i'm prolly ganna buy it
and @ Giazz told you so =P
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-07-13 16:18:12
Link | Citer | R

@ Samuraiking yeah lol i'm prolly ganna buy it
and @ Giazz told you so =P

Yeah, I'm just buying the perle set with gil... it's not expensive at all. Might be better to save cruor for other stuff that may come out later from Abyssea, which may require more Cruor. Well who knows, but either way... the Perle set is pretty cheap.

And yeah, I just forgot you had +4 StoreTP on your Nuevo Coselete, so didn't take that into account before lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 16:21:12
Link | Citer | R

going little off topic, but how good is perle for sam?
 Bahamut.Satanas
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-13 16:23:06
Link | Citer | R

Perle feet for SAM YGK WS
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 16:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Satanas said:
what about as a full melee set?
cuz i'm using byakko's,fuma,dusk,w.turban, nuevo coselete +4 store tp,
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-07-13 16:39:18
Link | Citer | R

I plan on using Perle Body for sam..it will replace my lovely Askar!

For sam the "traditional" sets should out do Perle..unless of course you don't have Byakko's to TP in.

Cerberus.Altimaomega
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Altimaomega 2010-07-13 16:43:32
Link | Citer | R

um yall realize that with our new found GS skill now that we are lvl80, its much more easy to cap acc now right?

that being said.. askar body + pole grip "since u can take off rose strap" gives ya +4 DA
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2010-07-13 16:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Satanas said:
what about as a full melee set?
cuz i'm using byakko's,fuma,dusk,w.turban, nuevo coselete 4 store tp,

As Zor Said traditional set has more acc over perle plus 2% more haste. By traditional in my opinion it would be head=turban body=haubergeon+1 hands=dusk gloves legs=byakko's feet=fuma/usukane... since you have sTP body you dont have to worry about equipping rose strap~
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-07-13 16:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Argettio said:
going little off topic, but how good is perle for sam?
Pot..kettle..Black!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-07-13 19:50:53
Link | Citer | R

Going on topic now lol. what would be The "Best" ws build,
"above average" and just okay ws build. Like...how would you gear for optimal damage.