COR AF
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-23 18:48:43
Link | Citer | R

anyone had problems fishing hydrogauge?

i have the "fish" at 0% then it says i lose my catch...

i know im lvl 1 and know sod all about fishing.. but SE have said they've had a problem before but i need to wait 2 weeks

now not being fickle but i NEED this to do rest of COR af.. 2 weeks.. i could be 75 by then..

well i would be if i had AF... no one will keep a non AF COR in their pt..... surely?

question is.. u had a problem with hydrogauge?
 Leviathan.Arasuta
Serveur: Leviathan
user: alastair
By Leviathan.Arasuta 2010-06-23 18:59:06
Link | Citer | R

it took 6 days for me to fish a Hydrogauge up in end i got lucky on the boat to nashmau, GMs just say its luck but nah its karma or summit.
 Cerberus.Darkodin
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Darkodin
By Cerberus.Darkodin 2010-06-23 19:05:27
Link | Citer | R

Examine the ??? for a cutscene. You will be told you need a Hydrogauge. You cannot fish up the Hydrogauge beforehand.

# There seems to be a far lower (or impossible) success rate for catching the Hydrogauge if you have not flagged this quest yet.. Please make sure you have the quest active before you attempt to fish.
# This does not require any Fishing skill level, and can be completed with virtually any fishing rod and bait.

Copied from wiki, you forgot something maybe?

If i recall correctly, when i did it, i fished mine up first try on the ferry i think.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-23 19:11:50
Link | Citer | R

I went 1/1 on both characters >.>
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-06-23 19:18:01
Link | Citer | R

You have to press enter..... or A... or whatever "Enter" type button is for whatever you playing....

When I first tried fishing I didn't know you had to do that lol. Its to "reel" it in.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-06-24 01:12:16
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Arasuta said:
it took 6 days for me to fish a Hydrogauge up in end i got lucky on the boat to nashmau, GMs just say its luck but nah its karma or summit.

yay thanks :(

@darkodin .. yeh i got retraced to those steps with SGM present they confirmed all is ok there..

dubont.. u cheat.. botting doesnt count >.<

Xeon, thanks for the fishing tip ^^; i wish that was the problem because even my g/f tried it to 0% success
 Asura.Santanah
user: SantanaK6
By Asura.Santanah 2010-06-24 02:01:14
Link | Citer | R

0/2 with a little worm and hume rod in Whitegate. Boat to Nashmau arrived, went 1/1 on the boat with a worm lure instead.

GMs usually don't know squat about these things, and while there might be *some* probability involved, nothing to make you go 0/100, at least from my experiences and people I've talked to.

And one of my LS mates took COR to 75 without getting AF. She's gimp as hell, but you'll get groups ;o