users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » 10 minute XI rolls...even better :O
10 minute XI rolls...even better :O
 Shiva.Weewoo
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-22 18:29:20
Link | Citer | R

So does it keep it as a third buff or does it prevent the third buff used from overwriting the first?
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-06-22 18:32:02
Link | Citer | R

That's going to be weird if you had, Chaos(11), and Hunter(11). Then tried to Evoker for yourself cor/whm or..

vice verse when you hit an Evoker(11), and actually want DD rolls...gah~ oh the pain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-06-22 18:35:05
Link | Citer | R

I guess it'll work like Bard song duration. The shortest one gets overwritten. Don't even get me started on ballad...
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2010-06-22 18:35:20
Link | Citer | R

It seems strange though, because after like the 8th minute or so of the XI roll i was able to overwrite it...cor78 now, seen it happen a lot of times. Any thoughts?
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-06-22 18:35:38
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I was in a party earlier, and it seems that when you roll and XI, not only is the duration increased to 10minutes but it can't be overwritten. :O

I did Chaos (XI) > Evoker's > Hunter's and when I went to reroll Chaos (forgotten I'd rolled an XI) it said I still had it...so when I went up and looked, sure enough I had Chaos and Hunter's. Awesome :>

When you have two XIs (like say two melee rolls), you can still hit others with other rolls, but people with the XI won't have their rolls overwritten. (so if you get uber lucky, you can still give rolls to mages and stuff)

Awesome awesome :D

Wow, awesome indeed.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-22 18:39:42
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Mikania said:
That's going to be weird if you had, Chaos(11), and Hunter(11). Then tried to Evoker for yourself cor/whm or..

vice verse when you hit an Evoker(11), and actually want DD rolls...gah~ oh the pain.

That's the problem I had in mind too. Depending on your role, you could screw yourself out of your own beneficial rolls by rolling 11 for the opposite end of what you are trying to do.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-22 18:42:17
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
I was in a party earlier, and it seems that when you roll and XI, not only is the duration increased to 10minutes but it can't be overwritten. :O

I did Chaos (XI) > Evoker's > Hunter's and when I went to reroll Chaos (forgotten I'd rolled an XI) it said I still had it...so when I went up and looked, sure enough I had Chaos and Hunter's. Awesome :>

When you have two XIs (like say two melee rolls), you can still hit others with other rolls, but people with the XI won't have their rolls overwritten. (so if you get uber lucky, you can still give rolls to mages and stuff)

Awesome awesome :D

I tried this out today and well I rolled 2 XI rolls and when I rolled the next roll, it replaced one of the XI rolls. D:
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-22 18:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, perhaps it's a bug SE hasn't worked out yet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-06-22 18:45:40
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Smileybone said:
I tried this out today and well I rolled 2 XI rolls and when I rolled the next roll, it replaced one of the XI rolls. D:
I'm guessing rolls will act like bard songs in terms what would overwrite what, by the shortest duration roll, and not based on order. Nya~ well...
By Dinkydoo 2010-06-22 21:50:59
Link | Citer | R

lol if you ended up with 3 rolls of XI i'd have to assume it would be just like last week where the oldest roll is overwritten. Don't hurt yourself there XD
 Asura.Flufferkins
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Flufferkins 2010-06-23 02:41:46
Link | Citer | R

Yes if you have 2x 11's up at once the oldest will be bumped for your new roll.

I've also had an 11 up on myself for over 6 minutes (where my winningstreak merits end) and had it bumped for a new roll..

It's actually very unnerving when you keep up a 4 roll cycle and DD. I found myself intentionally busting 11's on evokers (away from the mage ofcorse) Just so I can get rid of it with fold.

Seems like a good idea in theory but in practice it's more of a hassle at the moment getting used to rolling a different pattern. I would have rather gotten a pianissimo type skill.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-23 02:43:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Flufferkins said:
I would have rather gotten a pianissimo type skill.

Oh God, YES <3
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2010-06-23 06:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Agreed, it's more of a pain than awesome to me sometimes. I just had a pt earlier today and I keep getting Scholars roll No.11, unable to get rid of it while I want 2 DD rolls.

Our pt was killing a bit slow, having 1 DD roll instead of 2 just makes it even slower.
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-06-23 06:36:16
Link | Citer | R

Had a hard time getting use to the XI in exp/merit today ;;
so use to looking @ timer knowing when to re roll ;; i was a bad cor D: and the skoffins didn't help at all with dispelling my rolls -.-
 Leviathan.Comickaze
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Comickaze 2010-06-23 15:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Oh god! D: When my recast timer goes red and I can't reroll it, I go mad! WHYYYYY SE ;; ?

Pianissimo ability <Yes, Please>.

I want to shoot you in the head with a buff.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-23 16:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comickaze said:
Oh god! D: When my recast timer goes red and I can't reroll it, I go mad! WHYYYYY SE ;; ?

Pianissimo ability <Yes, Please>.

I want to shoot you in the head with a buff.
wut
 Asura.Deodate
user: deodate
By Asura.Deodate 2010-06-23 16:17:38
Link | Citer | R

The roll with the shortest remaining duration will always be overwritten. So if you roll an 11, until that 10m is reduced to less than your "standard" second roll it will not be replaced.

If you have two 11 rolls on, the one with the shorter duration will be replaced.
By Raldo 2010-06-23 21:11:25
Link | Citer | R

Well, now that that information is all cleared up, for any of you with Winning Streak, does it double the length of your winning streak addition as well, or just keep the normal time, or worse--remain at just 10 minutes?

I ask because third eye merits are cut in half (I believe) when used during Seigan, so I thought perhaps Winning Streak might get doubled.

I don't usually do this, but
inb4lolwinningstreak.