First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 36 37 38
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-28 15:53:16
Link | Citer | R

@Majae

I got this the other day in Konschtat 3 times. Called a GM about it and he told me it was a legitimate bug and that the report was going to be forwarded to the dev team.

By Majae 2010-06-28 15:55:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Doluka said:
@Majae

I got this the other day in Konschtat 3 times. Called a GM about it and he told me it was a legitimate bug and that the report was going to be forwarded to the dev team.

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. We were pretty stumped on why it wasn't showing.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-06-28 15:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
How'd you do on XP/cruor for those 60 minutes?

Around 6-700 cruor I think, with about 20+ minutes spent running to the area and also activating the vooper. Mobs were giving 200-250 exp + 40-55 cruor for a party of two (78BLM 75RDM).
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-28 16:00:22
Link | Citer | R

@majae same thing happened yesterday. We didnt see a chest though, but the message said that there was chest. Happened more than a few times.
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2010-06-28 16:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Just a heads up. Certain mobs drop EX (not rare) "forbidden keys" or whatever the one you can buy for 500 cruor is. It's usable on all the chests that drop randomly off mobs. Unsure if it works on the ones placed throughout the zone, or if it will open a chest that would have otherwise been a mimic. But if you get into a good farming spot, and the keys start a dropping, use them on the chests that appear for guaranteed bonuses.
 Odin.Lowblow
Serveur: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-06-28 16:32:14
Link | Citer | R

Btw just a theory for all of you talking about the chests.

Notice your "Emits a __ Color"

I believe the color you give off from killing specific mobs will effect weather a chest of a specific color is visible.

So more people in your party with multiple colors = better chance of the chest showing.

Just a theory ^^

Edit: Ok if its a bug that the gm confirmed, ignore that -.-

But it would still eb a cool concept!
 Diabolos.Gira
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-28 16:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Pancakesandsx said:
Just a heads up. Certain mobs drop EX (not rare) "forbidden keys" or whatever the one you can buy for 500 cruor is. It's usable on all the chests that drop randomly off mobs. Unsure if it works on the ones placed throughout the zone, or if it will open a chest that would have otherwise been a mimic. But if you get into a good farming spot, and the keys start a dropping, use them on the chests that appear for guaranteed bonuses.

You can peek inside to see what's in there, if you get a "it appears to be empty" or "there is no treasure" then use a key for sure. Otherwise they're easy to open and the key's aren't worth buying in my opinion and you don't want to waste the ones you find while farming.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-28 16:37:34
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Around 6-700 cruor I think, with about 20 minutes spent running to the area and also activating the vooper. Mobs were giving 200-250 exp 40-55 cruor for a party of two (78BLM 75RDM).
What did they check as? Because I soloed a Tough one on PUP/nin and it gave me 180 exp and 37 cruor.
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-06-28 16:41:23
Link | Citer | R

has anyone besides me had the bad experience of logging out while in abyssea and logging back on couple hours later only to find out all your time here is now 0! omg wtf 120 min. down the tubes, leason learned dont log out in abyssea!
 Odin.Lowblow
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-06-28 16:41:48
Link | Citer | R

The /check on mobs changes regularly. The more they are killed, the more higher lvl they respawn.

The average kill will give you 150-200xp and 30-50 cruor.

And a glowing mob will give 300+ xp and 100 cruor i believe.

Then nm's give 1300-1500 xp and a whack of cruor.
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-06-28 16:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
Caitsith.Ilolatyou said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Around 6-700 cruor I think, with about 20 minutes spent running to the area and also activating the vooper. Mobs were giving 200-250 exp 40-55 cruor for a party of two (78BLM 75RDM).
What did they check as? Because I soloed a Tough one on PUP/nin and it gave me 180 exp and 37 cruor.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I never checked a single one...
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 16:44:55
Link | Citer | R

Majae said:
Not sure if it's a glitch, or something having to do with your "glow" - but we killed a gigas in La Theine last night, and the message said it dropped a chest. However we didn't see any chests, just an invisible, grayed out "Sturdy Pyxis" - We could open it, examine it, or do much of anything with it, so we left it alone.

Anyone run into this?
This is apparently a glitch. Lot of players having the same problem.
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I've not read through the thread, was just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes the force pop NM's ??? to repop? (The ones you use regular items to pop)
Good question. I have no idea. Nobody who has reported popping a NM with trigs stuck around to do it again.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-28 16:47:53
Link | Citer | R

@Daddyrabbit

Pretty sure that was listed in the update notes...
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 16:48:32
Link | Citer | R

daddyrabbit4444 said:
has anyone besides me had the bad experience of logging out while in abyssea and logging back on couple hours later only to find out all your time here is now 0! omg wtf 120 min. down the tubes, leason learned dont log out in abyssea!
Yeah, I linked to a page before that mentioned that little fact.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3887007&postcount=2
Quote:
*Visitant duration continues to decrease even after log out. Players who log in to Abyssea when their visitant status has already worn off will find themselves instantly expelled.

I cannot stress how much of a must-read the above link is prior to even thinking about doing abyssea. It gives you the basics on what you should know.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3891114&postcount=1
This link is constantly updated with the latest maps, locations, quests, pops, etc.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-28 16:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I've not read through the thread, was just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes the force pop NM's ??? to repop? (The ones you use regular items to pop)
Good question. I have no idea. Nobody who has reported popping a NM with trigs stuck around to do it again.

I'll have to stick around near one next time I go in. Would be nice to know if you have a group of people looking for a specific item from a NM.
 Ragnarok.Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-28 17:02:23
Link | Citer | R

Ah, so it was the BG article I was thinking of. lol
By daddyrabbit4444 2010-06-28 17:08:12
Link | Citer | R

are the imps in abyssea pretty much the same strength as the ones in C. mire? few HP and all that stuff, so pretty much a blu could solo VT imps in abyssea easy right?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 17:08:16
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Ah, so it was the BG article I was thinking of. lol
As far as I can tell, it's a copypasta from an update note.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 23:44:50
Link | Citer | R

Entered abyssea with 90 minutes and 2 stones on top of that. Not sure how much time I have left. I think 50+ minutes. Got several K XP and.... ~800 cruor.

WHM/BLM
PLD/NIN
BLU/NIN
WAR/NIN
SAM/NIN
BRD/WHM
COR/RDM

Our goal was killing NMs and trigs.

Marvin didn't really kick our ***, but we tele'd out since it would have taken forever if we did win. The 4k+ wild carrots are annoying as heck.

Piasa was easy. No drop unfortunately.

After that we farmed mandys in the canyon for the Alkaline Humus pop item. It's used to pop the thew bomblet NM.

We got 4 of those, two people timed out (we had a RDM helping at this point) before we finished.

We moved onto the couerls and killed one when the titan avatar NM strolled across.

We fought it, but the others timed out leaving me alone with it at 4%. It got a crit when I was about to use bene so I died before I could finish it off.

I collected a bit more information on the conflux warps.

From Conflux#01
#02 85
#03 90
#04 85
#06 130
#07 100
(Edit: My estimate is that #05 would be 115 while #08 would be 100)

From Conflux #02
#03 is 70
#06 is 115

From Conflux #06
#02 70

From Conflux#07
#02 105
#03 85
#04 75
#06 90
 Unicorn.Kolob
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Kolob
By Unicorn.Kolob 2010-06-29 00:23:13
Link | Citer | R

My group killed an NM Raffleisa in Konschtat Highlands, it had a quick repop time. I guess since there is a 30 min time limit I am sure NM pops will be quick. It did a charmga below 50% twice, Had our rng kite all of us np with the gear he had. Dropped a cap that had Eminty +5 and increase Critical DMG. I do have a question too, have any bst been able to charm anything? I haven't gone in there bst yet and hoping SE doesn't leave us out.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-29 00:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Nothing is charmable.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-29 00:43:08
Link | Citer | R

I did a BLM burn in highlands got about 7k+ exp and about 1.5k points on Flans in about 40min, took about 10ish min to run all the way over to the camp. But there's a portal there you can activate to make travel easier.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2010-06-29 00:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Hades.Stefanos said:
Quotes aren't working so: @ Recaldy: What was your party setup? Hard NMs?

Pretty late, sorry. An almost full alliance of DRG SAM WAR, BRD RNG and random healers. Alliance wise the NMs were pretty easy if you stun the Flies aga. The other two weren't too difficult.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-29 00:53:51
Link | Citer | R

daddyrabbit4444 said:
are the imps in abyssea pretty much the same strength as the ones in C. mire? few HP and all that stuff, so pretty much a blu could solo VT imps in abyssea easy right?
Mostly the same, seem to have a bit more HP though. Also they don't seem to agro very easily, even after killing a bunch, which is nice I guess. They don't give a whole heap of exp though which is kinda lame, and don't chain of course.

I've also noticed that smaller mobs (all families seem to have big mobs and small mobs) give less exp, but more cruor.

And Krizz, this is just a theory, but I'm thinking the cost to teleport to the Confluxes is based on how far away they are from your current Conflux.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-29 01:02:39
Link | Citer | R

I didn't check how much experience points we got but with an alliance of 13 (at the begining) ending with 9 we killed limules for about 5 minutes till our BLU got his spell, the Clionids for about 15 minutes until we realized they are really, really, REALLY vicious after you've zerged a few. It got to a point where my light shots started to miss, and my light shots DON'T MISS >.>;;

After we got an HQ Limule Pincer and an HQ Clionid wing (which we intend to pop next time) and a BLU spell we proceeded to the mandy camp. We fought there till 10 minutes left in Abyssea and went to unlock two more confluxes.

The people who stayed the entire time got 2.5k cruor. We didn't pop any NMs only farmed pops and cruor since it was most peoples first time in Abyssea and I was the only one who had ever been to Tahrongi before.

All in all it was a fun time and we have a lot of things planned for the NMs in the zones! Hoping wiki gets some more info on them, if not I'll post what I learn after we take on all the Tahrongi NMs!
By Sylph.Pancakesandsx 2010-06-29 01:55:33
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
Sylph.Pancakesandsx said:

You can peek inside to see what's in there, if you get a "it appears to be empty" or "there is no treasure" then use a key for sure. Otherwise they're easy to open and the key's aren't worth buying in my opinion and you don't want to waste the ones you find while farming.

What else are they used for besides chests? I wouldn't buy them, but I'd definitely smokem if I've gottem when a chest drops.
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-29 03:43:56
Link | Citer | R

Yesterday I did my first run with a group of friends. I went and got my 3 stones and we went and did the run. I logged in today thinking I would get my 1 stone for the day so we can go again this weekend and Jaochim gave me 3 stones again. Is this supposed to happen, because I have a weeks worth of unused stones sitting with him or is this some sort of lucky break I have caught?
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-29 03:50:45
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
Yesterday I did my first run with a group of friends. I went and got my 3 stones and we went and did the run. I logged in today thinking I would get my 1 stone for the day so we can go again this weekend and Jaochim gave me 3 stones again. Is this supposed to happen, because I have a weeks worth of unused stones sitting with him or is this some sort of lucky break I have caught?

SE decided to stop being a bunch of inefficient ***.

He seems to have no upward cap for stones he can hold. He makes one every 20 hours and will give you up to 3 at a time, and he'll keep giving you as many as you want before his stock runs out.

His stock counter begins ticking after you do the initial cut scenes in Port Jeuno, and if you stop playing the game or don't go into Abyssea for a week he will have plenty of stones piled up for you to go crazy with.

Unlike Assault tags which cap out at a ridiculously low number :/

SE is finally doing some GOOD designing with the Abyssea stuff. Can't Monopolize the zone, most of the good drops come off of popped NMs that are easy to kill and easier to farm the pops. The time-spawned NMs have low respawn timers, and you can exp with an alliance, and SHOULD!

<3 Abyssea
 Titan.Lillica
Serveur: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-29 03:55:10
Link | Citer | R

Is there any limit to how much time you can stack up inside? I know when I went with my friends I had 114 minutes because of my first stone. Could you go in get 90 minutes on the clock, then go back 3 days later and have a 180 minute run?
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-29 03:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Lillica said:
Is there any limit to how much time you can stack up inside? I know when I went with my friends I had 114 minutes because of my first stone. Could you go in get 90 minutes on the clock, then go back 3 days later and have a 180 minute run?

when you zone in you tell the npc how many stones you want to use

each stone is 30minutes, so 30,60,90

Cant have 180 minutes run
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 36 37 38