Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 36 37 38
 Cerberus.Ryle
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Ryle
By Cerberus.Ryle 2010-06-28 09:14:31
Link | Citer | R

Good to know, I'll try to find at least 2 or 3 other people.
Thanks Krizz!

Asura.Rule
Serveur: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-28 09:23:15
Link | Citer | R

I'm going in with 6 tonight but from what i've seen so far going in with 12~18 sucks. Any suggestions for party setups?
 Alexander.Varistor
Serveur: Alexander
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-06-28 09:50:22
Link | Citer | R

No SS, but last night we got our revenge on Marvin and the WHM cape dropped along with 2 marvin pellages. Do NOT feed him TP. kite nuke/smn is best bet. I was able to kite him as a blm mage so kiting is way easy to do. Saturday we killed Piasa and got the shield drop. We have been taking full alliances of 18 for NM's then splitting into 2 groups to farm cruor after we kill a few NM's. This Saturday we plan on doing NM's like crazy. In our group of 10 last night, we had 6 or 7 massive armbands drop so it looks like we will be killing Grandgousier a few times and we also have some trophy shields.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 10:00:28
Link | Citer | R

BG.Kegsay said:
At the Cruor Prospector, you can get buffs. The HP Boost (50 Cruor) is at 20% boost to max HP, the MP Boost (100 cruor) is a 10% increase. I.e. not worth it. Didn't try the STR DEX VIT boosts so they could be good. What's good is the buffs will stay even if you die!
 Diabolos.Fallfromgrace
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Fallfromgrace 2010-06-28 10:00:54
Link | Citer | R

Just wanted to add this, I haven't seen it mentioned yet. I bought a Clear Demilune Abyssite key item in Abyssea-Konschtat. It seems to be the Abyssea version of VNMs. I ended up popping a wanderer type NM, easy solo on thf/nin, no drop or color change, time kicked me before I could try again.
 Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-28 10:20:42
Link | Citer | R

i'll try again, do these NM require an alliance to take them down, or is working with 6 people more efficient?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 10:24:41
Link | Citer | R

Time increase is 10%... so when you get the key items your stones with be worth 33 minutes instead of 30...

Also, the cap right now for time appears to be 120 minutes (if you enter, leave, get more stones, and enter again.)
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 10:27:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rule said:
i'll try again, do these NM require an alliance to take them down, or is working with 6 people more efficient?
It depends on the NM. I'm trying to get caught up on what I missed over the weekend. After that I'll go back and take a look at individual NMs and give you a better answer.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 11:09:11
Link | Citer | R

La Theine NMs:

Mangy-tailed Marvin
Notable drops: Adler Ring Orison Cape

Notes:
Whirl claw does 600+ damage to everyone in range. (takes two shadows)
Wild carrot heals ~4k.

Piasa
Notable drops: Seigneur Shield Navarch's Choker

Notes:
Enaero
Damnation dive has a stun and possible hate reset.

Chasmic Hornet
Notable drops: Terebellum Mantle

Notes:
Frenzy Pollen appears to give a hundredfist or haste effect.
Pollen cures 300-900
If Final Sting is used, no xp or cruor is gained.

Quote:
PLD WHM RDM BRD SAM DNC | BLM PUP DRG
Quote:
WAR WHM COR RNG DRK SAM RDM BLMx2 TH4
killed all three NMs

Quote:
We did Marvin yesterday, first abyssea run. I don't really understand what's so hard about this nm, we killed it with ease with a pt of 8. setup was pld 76 (me), whm 76, rdm 76, cor 75 x2, sam 75, sam 75, thf 75. Stright tank, no issues at all. Wild carrot is nasty, but still manageable. Fight lasted long because of that, I think about 15/20 mins. Dropped ring, 2 hides and a divine log, and I got a key item.

Also did Piasa with one less person, extremely easy and quick fight, dropped shield and divine log, very easy.
 Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-28 11:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, i'm gonna go whm rdm blm pld DD DD and see what i can take down
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 11:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rule said:
Thanks, i'm gonna go whm rdm blm pld DD DD and see what i can take down
Sounds good to me.

Was that enough info? I started typing more, but decided not to since you seem more than capable.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 11:49:19
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Fallfromgrace said:
Just wanted to add this, I haven't seen it mentioned yet. I bought a Clear Demilune Abyssite key item in Abyssea-Konschtat. It seems to be the Abyssea version of VNMs. I ended up popping a wanderer type NM, easy solo on thf/nin, no drop or color change, time kicked me before I could try again.
Just wanted to mention real quick that I am aware of these VNMs in Abyssea. However, there is very little info on them.

All I know is the T1s are a joke.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-28 12:00:46
Link | Citer | R

A joke easy, or a joke hard? <_<

From what I've seen, everything in Abyssea is stupid hard lol. The lowest tier NM's seem to need at least one really good party.
 Diabolos.Gira
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-28 12:05:21
Link | Citer | R

What's this time increase thing? I'm interested!!! How do you get it?
 Ragnarok.Doluka
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Doluka
By Ragnarok.Doluka 2010-06-28 12:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Wiki information says that the time increase per-stone from the bought Key Item is only 3 minutes per stone used.

Hardly worth it until after you get whatever you want from cruor first imo as it costs 6000.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 12:10:11
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
A joke easy, or a joke hard? <_<

From what I've seen, everything in Abyssea is stupid hard lol. The lowest tier NM's seem to need at least one really good party.
A joke easy. Like I said, not much info out there so don't recklessly charge in (not like I think you would).

As far as the time goes, it is 3 minutes per stone increase by purchasing the key item. Like I said before, currently looks like a 120 minute cap on how much time you can have in a single session.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-28 12:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
(not like I think you would)
You don't know me very well :D
 Shiva.Steo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Steo
By Shiva.Steo 2010-06-28 12:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Odin.Blazza said:
A joke easy, or a joke hard? <_< From what I've seen, everything in Abyssea is stupid hard lol. The lowest tier NM's seem to need at least one really good party.
A joke easy. Like I said, not much info out there so don't recklessly charge in (not like I think you would). As far as the time goes, it is 3 minutes per stone increase by purchasing the key item. Like I said before, currently looks like a 120 minute cap on how much time you can have in a single session.

It is definitely a 120 min cap, I had 48 mins time remaining from previous zone, when I traded 3 stones I was given 120 mins instead of 138 mins

P.S If you want a good LOL go to Abyssea-Konschtat and look at the HUGE NM pudding, north of the pudding area. It cracked me up 1st time I saw it 8D
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 12:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Steo said:
P.S If you want a good LOL go to Abyssea-Konschtat and look at the HUGE NM pudding, north of the pudding area. It cracked me up 1st time I saw it 8D
The one that can't be attacked until you trigger it's aggro?

(Dragging the pudding NM up to it will cause it to become active and link. It's untested if a normal pudding mob will trigger it as well.)
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-28 13:07:27
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Doluka said:
Wiki information says that the time increase per-stone from the bought Key Item is only 3 minutes per stone used.

Hardly worth it until after you get whatever you want from cruor first imo as it costs 6000.

Is this a Permanent Key Item? If temporary it sounds useless, but if it's permanent I'd definitely get it after gear and before maps.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-28 13:12:18
Link | Citer | R

Even the key items that randomly drop from mobs *seem* to be permanent, except they're in your temporary key items section, so I don't know :x
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 13:23:09
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
Even the key items that randomly drop from mobs *seem* to be permanent, except they're in your temporary key items section, so I don't know :x
Aye, but like I've mentioned before, I have tons of "temp" key items I've had for years.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-28 13:31:47
Link | Citer | R

Well, I did the math... getting the key item early would be more efficient to my overall cruor yield and abyssea experience... but it wouldn't get my my gear faster than if I stockpile and save for gear only.

Also... more time in abyssea isn't as significant if no one else shares that extra time (assuming you go with the same people pretty much) so I think I'll just wait on that key item...

So... Gear -> Time Extention -> Map(s) -> VNM pops.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 13:35:16
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
Well, I did the math... getting the key item early would be more efficient to my overall cruor yield and abyssea experience... but it wouldn't get my my gear faster than if I stockpile and save for gear only.

Also... more time in abyssea isn't as significant if no one else shares that extra time (assuming you go with the same people pretty much) so I think I'll just wait on that key item...

So... Gear -> Time Extention -> Map(s) -> VNM pops.
Sounds about right.

As a WHM I don't want the VNM crystal. It's scary enough to kneel in a normal zone with VNMs with my tier 2 crystal.

"36 yalms away" "oh crap, oh crap, oh crap."
 Caitsith.Ilolatyou
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Bloodlust
By Caitsith.Ilolatyou 2010-06-28 14:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Just spent two stones on farming turtles in Tahrongi, not a whole lot to add to what people already know.

While running to that area, I saw several brown chests laying around which were obviously mimics. After a while at turtles though a random blue chest appeared (100% wasn't a drop from mob). I opened and got a random temp. item. Our other two mob-dropped chests yielded a temp item that boosted MATK/MACC for 5minutes, and a scroll of shell V.

Martellos have a reuse time of 30 minutes per person (didn't see this mentioned anywhere here yet).

Can't really think of anything else lala.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 14:24:47
Link | Citer | R

How'd you do on XP/cruor for those 60 minutes?
By Majae 2010-06-28 15:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it's a glitch, or something having to do with your "glow" - but we killed a gigas in La Theine last night, and the message said it dropped a chest. However we didn't see any chests, just an invisible, grayed out "Sturdy Pyxis" - We could open it, examine it, or do much of anything with it, so we left it alone.

Anyone run into this?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-06-28 15:46:34
Link | Citer | R

I've not read through the thread, was just wondering if anyone knew how long it takes the force pop NM's ??? to repop? (The ones you use regular items to pop)
By Majae 2010-06-28 15:46:41
Link | Citer | R

Edit: I should say "We couldn't open it"
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 36 37 38