First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 36 37 38
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-26 11:47:10
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
Has anyone found VT-IT [to a level 80] Ephemeral Clionid mobs [or any abyssea specific mob] in decent clusters in Abyssea - Tahrongi Canyon? If not there, has anyone found them in Abyssea - La Thiene? If you know where to find them in any zone, please, PLEASE, tell me what position they are at!!!

I've scoured the forums but search functions might be missing misspellings or abbreviations... or maybe it's not posted... I've seen maps with mob clusters posted but the maps had everything BUT the clinoids listed.

Also, is it just my own experience, or is it ONLY the abyssea specific mobs that can be glowing and give extra exp/cruor? Or can familiar mobs also be like this?
Each camp of mobs has an ephemeral mob with them. Look on the previous page for two maps I posted. The second shows where I personally found the eph mobs. They match up with mob camps.

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I've skimmed over this thread really quick, didn't see anyone mention this, but has anyone messed around with the chests laying around? Unlike chests dropped in regular zones, these ones require you to turn a dial up or down, number is higher or lower than displayed. So far in Abyssea - La Theine I've come across 4 of these chests giving out 200 Cruor each. It says on wiki that these chests appear when you defeat an enemy, but I've yet to kill anything solo and still have been able to come across them and open them. That's 800 Cruor for just playing around with stuff, not too bad.
Most of the chests laying around have been reported to be mimics. You're the second person to report opening a chest that wasn't a drop that wasn't a mimic.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-26 11:48:25
Link | Citer | R

I won't be online much this weekend, but keep an eye here for the latest maps with all the information on them.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3891114&postcount=1

Edit: If you have a particular question that you don't see answered, feel free to send me a PM and I'll reply to it here.
 Caitsith.Judaine
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-06-26 20:03:21
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Some information being compiled courtesy of BG (Cairthenn in particular doing the compiling):

Abyssea - La Theine
Quote:
*The maw is near the West Ronfaure zone.

Veridical Conflux #01 is at at the entrance.
Veridical Conflux #02 is at (D-8)
Veridical Conflux #03 is at (G-8)
Veridical Conflux #04 is at (H-11)
Veridical Conflux #05 is at (?-?)
Veridical Conflux #06 is at (L-11)
Veridical Conflux #07 is at (K-6)
Veridical Conflux #08 is at (I-9)

A ??? pop requiring a trophy shield is at (?-?). **Would be C-4 on normal map, forgot to note POS.
A ??? pop requiring a piceous scale is at (H-7).
A ??? pop requiring a transparent insect wing is at (I-7).
A ??? pop requiring a dried chigoe is at (L-6).
A ??? pop requiring a raw mutton chop is at (J-8)
A ??? pop requiring a bug-eaten hat is at (J-11).
A ??? pop requiring a winter puk egg is at (J-11).
A ??? pop requiring a filthy gnole claw is at (G-11).
A ??? pop requiring an oversized sock is at (F-7).
* Pops Pantagruel, a Gigas type monster.

A ??? requiring key items, pellucid fly eye, and shimmering pixie pinion is at (H-7).
A ??? requiring key items, marbled mutton chop, bloodied saber tooth, blood-smeared gigas helm, and glittering pixie choker is at (H-7).

Abyssea - Konschtat
Quote:
*The maw is near the North Gustaberg zone.

Veridical Conflux #01 is at at the entrance.
Veridical Conflux #02 is at (G-10)
Veridical Conflux #03 is at (D-8)
Veridical Conflux #04 is at (H-8)
Veridical Conflux #05 is at (G-6)
Veridical Conflux #06 is at (F-5)
Veridical Conflux #07 is at (K-7)

A ??? pop requiring a ripped eft skin is at (G-9).
A ??? pop requiring a giant bugard tusk is at (H-6).

* Pops Siranpa-kamuy (?), a Hippogryph type monster.

A ??? pop requiring a square of moonglow cloth is at (L-6).
A ??? pop requiring a clouded lens is at (K-6).
A ??? pop requiring a rotting eyeball is at (J-8).
A ??? pop requiring a tiny morbol vine is at (I-8).
A ??? pop requiring an oblivisipore mushroom is at (G-8).
A ??? pop requiring a clump of snakeskin moss is at (F-8).
A ??? pop requiring an armored dragon horn is at (G-6).
A ??? pop requiring a giant slug eyestalk is at (F-6).
A ??? pop requiring a vial of eft blood is at (G-5).
A ??? pop requiring a Murmuring Globule is at (J-11).
* Pops Ashtaerth the Gallvexed, a Soulflayer type monster.

A ??? requiring a key item, twisted Tonberry crown, is at (K-4).
A ??? requiring key items, tattered hippogryph wing, cracked wivre worn, and mucid Ahriman eyeball is at (H-5).
A ??? requiring key items, fragrant treant petal, fetid rafleshia stalk, decaying morbol tooth, turbid slime oil, and venomous peiste claw is at (I-7).**

**I am guessing this is the main focus of the zone.

A mini pink treant NM named Gangly Gean is at (E-10).
An imp NM named Bakka is at (?-?).

Siranpa-kamuy is a Treant Type mob, looks like Colorful Leshy, but it hits like a truck.

Can be Grav'd, not sure about silenced since it was casting tier 3-ga nukes and tier 4 nukes, silencega, slowga.

I'd say it's a Kite-nuke mob.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-26 20:46:08
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Most of the chests laying around have been reported to be mimics. You're the second person to report opening a chest that wasn't a drop that wasn't a mimic.

Yeah I just did an hour run with a bunch of people ( 6 total) and they said most of the chests are mimics or items. I wish I took a SS or 2 now. Yet the people I was with said there are in fact chests laying around that do not appear when you kill something.

This run today though, those NMs, not the popped ones, but like the rabbit one and the pink bird one, aggro'd us and we wiped both times. We barely did any damage to either one! I don't know what the deal is with them. Must need a full alliance and or level 80 player to kill them. Wiping to a rabbit again, fun times! lol
 Cerberus.Cair
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Cairthenn
By Cerberus.Cair 2010-06-26 20:51:26
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Judaine said:
Siranpa-kamuy is a Treant Type mob, looks like Colorful Leshy, but it hits like a truck.

Can be Grav'd, not sure about silenced since it was casting tier 3-ga nukes and tier 4 nukes, silencega, slowga.

I'd say it's a Kite-nuke mob.

Both of those lists are really old compared to what's posted now.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-26 21:40:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Yeah I just did an hour run with a bunch of people ( 6 total) and they said most of the chests are mimics or items. I wish I took a SS or 2 now. Yet the people I was with said there are in fact chests laying around that do not appear when you kill something.

This run today though, those NMs, not the popped ones, but like the rabbit one and the pink bird one, aggro'd us and we wiped both times. We barely did any damage to either one! I don't know what the deal is with them. Must need a full alliance and or level 80 player to kill them. Wiping to a rabbit again, fun times! lol

We got the rabbit to about 20% 78MNK 75RNG 80WHM 80BRD 80RDM until the rabbit did a 2k foot kick lol It wasnt so bad it does 3k Wild Carrots though. If the RNG was higher we prolly wouldn't of had a problem killing it before the random *** 2k foot kick lol very easy to kite around the stone walls in la theine. We ended up just wiping after the mnk died cause we were wasting time trying to kill it when we were just there farming points
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-26 23:55:27
Link | Citer | R

Saturday night Abyssea (LaThiene):

Pops a tiger NM I'm guessing. Went 1/6 on the drop.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-26 23:59:32
Link | Citer | R

We went 1/1 on that last night when some tiger randomly aggro'd us. It was weird cause the tigers didnt aggro at all at first and then one randomly aggro'd lol

So I'm a bit confused if they aggro or not
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-27 00:15:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
We went 1/1 on that last night when some tiger randomly aggro'd us. It was weird cause the tigers didnt aggro at all at first and then one randomly aggro'd lol

Apparently they aggro depending on your glow. Notice how the Ephimeral thing near their camp is fire red, and when you kill tigers, you get red glow. Get it?
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-27 00:16:23
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Willoflame said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Apparently they aggro depending on your glow. Notice how the Ephimeral thing near their camp is fire red, and when you kill tigers, you get red glow. Get it?

Oh that would make sense then. Should be more careful then me and my friends just run around the zone killing the glowing ones lulz
 Leviathan.Willoflame
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-27 00:18:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Oh that would make sense then. Should be more careful then me and my friends just run around the zone killing the glowing ones lulz

That's actually not a bad idea to kill the glowing Ephimeral mobs. They give a nice XP boost and a fair amount of cruor. I did that my first few runs and now have over 2k cruor. (I've duo'd each run)
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-27 00:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

That's actually not a bad idea to kill the glowing Ephimeral mobs. They give a nice XP boost and a fair amount of cruor. I did that my first few runs and now have over 2k cruor. (I've duo'd each run)

Yeah my boyfriend goes on RNG and scouts the glowing ones and we kill them for nice exp for the short time we're there and decent amount of cruor. It's not bad if you do only 30min a run but 90min a run prolly be better just to get a pt and kill reg mobs
 Aeo
By Aeo 2010-06-27 00:37:46
Link | Citer | R

I just finished up an hour trip in Abyssea - La Theine as a 80PUP/40NIN. I took a fishing pole with me too. Fishing in the pond near the Plateau Gliders and the Farfadet, I managed to catch several blowfish on crayfish balls using a halcyon rod (Currently lvel 20 fishing). Out of curiosity, I also fished up a monster. It was a DC crab with the name Sentinel Crab. I killed a Farfadet too and got a lambent scale off of it. Also, near the Gigas I found a blue "Sturdy Pyxis" that, upon unlocking it, contained 250 xp. It was different than the other chests, it offered the option of "Peeking inside" and upon doing so it "appeared empty." I finishd up killing some Cankercaps and went 2/2 on agaricus mushrooms. Here's a picture of it.

Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-27 10:26:54
Link | Citer | R

PM said:
Hey, I've been hearing conflicting information about the quest "Megadrile Menace" and would like you to set the record straight if you know anything about it.

Some people have suggested that all three NMs connected with "Dawn of Death" have to be popped with items farmed in their respective zones.

I explored the zone myself and found Minhocao (a sandworm NM) just freely roaming... is he NOT the NM I need to kill? From what I've heard he takes ~10 people to kill in a timely fashion and even then the time to get there/kill it is still about a full traverser stone's worth of time... So anything you know about this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Short answer: No solid information yet.

Only slightly longer answer: Minhocao apparently isn't the main NM in that zone. There's a ??? that requires multiple key items to pop the NM. As far as I know, nobody has obtained more than one or two of the key items (3 or 4 required, iirc).

My current theory is that to complete those quests requires you to collect the key items and pop those NMs in each zone.
 Diabolos.Gira
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 15:26:42
Link | Citer | R

What's the highest level Clionid reported so far? Is it possible to make them VT or higher to a party of level 80 players?
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-27 17:06:59
Link | Citer | R

If anyone didnt already know, you cannot 'chain' in abyssea
 Diabolos.Gira
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-27 18:16:01
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
I can do without chaining but IT is still the point where the effort to kill is worth it in my opinion.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-27 19:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I've skimmed over this thread really quick, didn't see anyone mention this, but has anyone messed around with the chests laying around? Unlike chests dropped in regular zones, these ones require you to turn a dial up or down, number is higher or lower than displayed. So far in Abyssea - La Theine I've come across 4 of these chests giving out 200 Cruor each. It says on wiki that these chests appear when you defeat an enemy, but I've yet to kill anything solo and still have been able to come across them and open them. That's 800 Cruor for just playing around with stuff, not too bad.
What color were the chests? The only chests I've seen around that didn't spawn after a monster were brown and turned into mimics.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-27 19:56:58
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:
I can do without chaining but IT is still the point where the effort to kill is worth it in my opinion.

Oh I know I just got about 1.5k+ points in abyssea today via "exping" it was pretty awesome just no chains. And we got a chest while exping and used a forbidden key on it for 1.5k exp in the chest it was pretty hawt
 Ifrit.Aeowin
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Aeo
By Ifrit.Aeowin 2010-06-28 03:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Darkshade said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
What color were the chests? The only chests I've seen around that didn't spawn after a monster were brown and turned into mimics.

I've run into some inside of La Theine too. One of the same chests. Didn't kill a monster, it was near the Gigas. Bright blue in color.

Yielded 250xp
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-06-28 03:12:14
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Aeowin said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

I've run into some inside of La Theine too. One of the same chests. Didn't kill a monster, it was near the Gigas. Bright blue in color.

Yielded 250xp

I did a run tonight and ran into one of each, without killing anything. First was a brown chest which was a mimic, second was a blue chest that gave 250 exp after going 2/2 on guesses.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2010-06-28 03:22:01
Link | Citer | R

My LS did Plateau and poped 2 Gigas, Sprite and Fly NMs. Gigas n Sprite droped their respected 100%s and Gigas pops droped like hotcakes. The Fly NM only gave 960 exp and 200+ cour. I got 690 exp since I was lv 75. May be old info but it's our current experience...collectively speaking.
 Hades.Stefanos
Serveur: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-06-28 04:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Quotes aren't working so:

@ Recaldy: What was your party setup? Hard NMs?
 Asura.Rule
Serveur: Asura
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-28 08:34:57
Link | Citer | R

so everyone doing abyssea, what is your average party size? including normal xp and NM
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 08:45:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rule said:
so everyone doing abyssea, what is your average party size? including normal xp and NM
My group is currently at 5 people. We are planning another run for today. I'm hoping everyone will be on this time and we pick up a 6th. For XP it should work out great.

I think we're going to go after the bird today and maybe the bunny. Half our members need gear from each. Bird should go down without a problem. Bunny can be a tad more iffy.

(Note: Our focus is on La Theine.)
 Cerberus.Ryle
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ryle
By Cerberus.Ryle 2010-06-28 08:51:10
Link | Citer | R

I haven't read through the entire thread, so if this has already been answered; forgive me.

I was wondering how easy it is to solo cruor as a 73 DRG/WHM?
 Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-28 08:51:42
Link | Citer | R

i go in with higher numbers and the NM seem to be terrible to fight. Have you faced Chasmic Hornet yet? and what was your experience?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 08:59:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rule said:
i go in with higher numbers and the NM seem to be terrible to fight. Have you faced Chasmic Hornet yet? and what was your experience?
I have not, but I'll read up on it and see if my group wants to give it a shot tonight.

I think we'll be playing catch up for those that weren't there Thursday to get the confluxes.
Cerberus.Ryle said:
I haven't read through the entire thread, so if this has already been answered; forgive me.

I was wondering how easy it is to solo cruor as a 73 DRG/WHM?
You can solo cruor on just about any offensive 75. However, don't expect to get much. I don't know how much of a difference there is between 73-75/76 DRG (aside from merits).
 Asura.Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-28 09:08:24
Link | Citer | R

If you do fight the Bee NM be careful, he has a move that gives him a temporary hundred fists effect, and he uses it as a standard tp move
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-28 09:11:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rule said:
If you do fight the Bee NM be careful, he has a move that gives him a temporary hundred fists effect, and he uses it as a standard tp move
That sounds painful...
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 36 37 38