First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 36 37 38
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 10:27:42
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Willoflame said:
Ok Krizz, I edited your map for Abys-LaThiene a little bit. My font seemed different, I was using Arial. I suck at using paint :(.
Calibri is my default paint font.

I think the respawn might be above 5 minutes. I was actually thinking along the lines of 10+. I haven't spent enough time in one spot to actually time it though.

The puks seem like a good camp. There are also 3 Ephemeral mobs that spawn nearby which would boost the XP significantly while fighting here.

Of course, this all depends on how strong the mobs get and how long it takes them to stop being worth it. They start out VT with Ts mixed in.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 10:43:34
Link | Citer | R

Vermeil Bhuj dropped by Minhocao
 Diabolos.Gira
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-25 11:26:22
Link | Citer | R

This data is getting stockpiled in a rather disorganized fashion... I think Abyssea needs at least 4 threads. General Abyssea information for those who know very little and information pertaining to all zones, and then a thread for each abyssea zone itself.

The information you guys have is good but I'm sticking to Tahrongi because it's where I have my footing and need information people have about camps, mobs, and quests THERE. It's kind of hard to mine through random forums cluttered with information about everything to do with abyssea in no ordered fashion.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 11:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
This data is getting stockpiled in a rather disorganized fashion... I think Abyssea needs at least 4 threads. General Abyssea information for those who know very little and information pertaining to all zones, and then a thread for each abyssea zone itself.

The information you guys have is good but I'm sticking to Tahrongi because it's where I have my footing and need information people have about camps, mobs, and quests THERE. It's kind of hard to mine through random forums cluttered with information about everything to do with abyssea in no ordered fashion.
That's what wiki is for. As the information is confirmed from these threads, you'll see it pop up. However, I am working on grouping things together for a modified OP or wiki guide page.

If you missed the previous link, take a look here. It should be more to your liking: http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95053

Edit: but keep in mind I'm at work right now and probably won't have much done until tomorrow as far as a finished product.

Edit2: This should be the first thing anyone interested in Abyssea reads:
http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3887007&postcount=2
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 11:41:01
Link | Citer | R

BG.Kegsay said:
Made a map on Abyssea-La Theine, with most known info:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/kegsay/abyss_latheinep.jpg

Piasa (Bird) drops Seigneur Shield, Navarch's Choker, Terebellum Mantle.
Baba Yaga (Pixie) drops Aristo Belt.
Mangy-Tailed Marvin (Rabbit) drops Adler Ring, Orison Cape, Marvin's Pelage.
Adamastor (Gigas)
Trudging Thomas (Ram) drops Fortis Mantle.

Cut the image to a link due to size.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-25 11:42:48
Link | Citer | R

This information is indeed helpful. If I can at least figure out where all the conflux and mob clusters are I can make a proxy map with the basic Tahrongi Canyon layout.

Quick question: about how fast were you able to kill mobs with your group? I'm most interested in the cruor/hour possible. I'd like to be able to get at least 1k cruor per stone (2k cruor/hour). It looks like that would be a party killing at about a 10k exp/hour rate + some luck on glowing mobs and a chest or two. Thoughts?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 11:50:12
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Gira said:
Quick question: about how fast were you able to kill mobs with your group? I'm most interested in the cruor/hour possible. I'd like to be able to get at least 1k cruor per stone (2k cruor/hour). It looks like that would be a party killing at about a 10k exp/hour rate some luck on glowing mobs and a chest or two. Thoughts?
I saw someone claim they got over 1k cruor there in 30 minutes. I was in for 90 minutes, did minimal fighting (post on previous page), and ended up with 650 Cruor. I didn't do any quests.

I haven't seen much from people actually camping the mobs to see how they can optimize the XP. If the glowing mobs have a 10 minute respawn, that would be 3 kills per stone. If you find a spot, like the puks in la theine, that have multiple glowing mob spawns close to an already good camp, it increases your XP / cruor quite a bit.

If you notice, none of my screenshots updated with xp/hr while I was there.

The puks took us (duo WHM/BLM and DRG/BLU) about 2 minutes to kill. This is with him mostly curing himself due to me running out of MP on a previous fight when we got aggro/links. If he didn't have to heal, fights would've been quicker.
By Majae 2010-06-25 11:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Went in a duo last night - DNC/NIN and RDM/WHM - Think we killed about 6 in our short stay.

Nothing great, some xp and some Cruor and we grabbed a few zone quests.

This one seems really fun though - we plan to save up 3 stones and go for a 90min run. Some of the mobs we fought conned IT++, but they didn't seem to bad.

I had some friends come out shortly after us, they did a 90min burn on the Gigas - They said they ended up collecting 2000+ Cruor and a bunch of XP. That's not bad at all in 90mins.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 13:24:50
Link | Citer | R

new fish in the abyssea zones =O

post #4661 and down
http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49347&page=156
 Sylph.Akibakei
Serveur: Sylph
user: Akiba
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-25 13:34:24
Link | Citer | R

I saw something earlier about a pickaxe. where are there new mining points?
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 13:37:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Akibakei said:
I saw something earlier about a pickaxe. where are there new mining points?
It's in relation to a quest. I haven't been to that zone.

I did find a couple logging points in la theine, but only got an oak log from one and a full inventory message from the second...
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-25 13:39:07
Link | Citer | R

just wondering if some of these new ores and logs come from these zones.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 13:40:15
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Akibakei said:
ores and logs? link or copypasta? I've got to go back and look to see what you're talking about.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-25 13:45:15
Link | Citer | R

Beech Logs and Phrygian Gold have yet to be discovered. I am just curious is if there are plenty of mining and logging points, it would make sense that they were in these new zones.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-06-25 13:49:34
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Akibakei said:
Beech Logs and Phrygian Gold have yet to be discovered. I am just curious is if there are plenty of mining and logging points, it would make sense that they were in these new zones.
According to the page on here for the logs, they drop from WoE. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get them in Abyssea though.
 Sylph.Akibakei
By Sylph.Akibakei 2010-06-25 14:07:58
Link | Citer | R

ah, well I was mainly curious about the Phrygian since I need it for the Yhel Jacket :D
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-25 14:09:23
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Akibakei said:
I did this quest. It's called "Weapons, not worries."

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Weapons,_Not_Worries

You get 1 pick axe, but are likely to need a whole stack to get what's needed. I don't think there are any other mining points... so just quest and some turtle shells come from it.
By Ryuke 2010-06-25 19:03:03
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Sylph.Akibakei said:
According to the page on here for the logs, they drop from WoE. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get them in Abyssea though.

I got a beech log in la theine while trying to do The quest for Regine (Catering Capers)
[+]
 Leviathan.Willoflame
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Willoflame 2010-06-25 20:15:14
Link | Citer | R

Abyseea-LaThiene:

I'm assuming both are pop items? (Not the Karakul Skin lulz)
 Phoenix.Juggalo
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-06-26 00:26:36
Link | Citer | R

This info is all amazing - thanks so much for the compilation. This thread needs an RSS feed so I can keep up!
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-26 00:40:15
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone found VT-IT [to a level 80] Ephemeral Clionid mobs [or any abyssea specific mob] in decent clusters in Abyssea - Tahrongi Canyon? If not there, has anyone found them in Abyssea - La Thiene? If you know where to find them in any zone, please, PLEASE, tell me what position they are at!!!

I've scoured the forums but search functions might be missing misspellings or abbreviations... or maybe it's not posted... I've seen maps with mob clusters posted but the maps had everything BUT the clinoids listed.

Also, is it just my own experience, or is it ONLY the abyssea specific mobs that can be glowing and give extra exp/cruor? Or can familiar mobs also be like this?
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2010-06-26 00:44:56
Link | Citer | R

Theres a bunch of Clionids right next to Entrance in Abyssea - La Thiene and they tend to be T-VT at least if I remember correctly.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-06-26 01:58:16
Link | Citer | R

Just got 2 thew bomblets out of 4 pops.

"He gave a little bit more EXP/croutons than the other mobs. I think he gave like 350exp and 150 croutons.

He opens with a move that wipes everyone's TP. So WS fast. He will occasionally use this TP move.

He also uses a TP move often that inflicts paralysis and amnesia.

He uses HP/MP down and it gets progressively worse, it might be in relation to his current HP. It's almost not even worth erasing this as he spams it like the first of the north star.

He hits fairly hard, at about 270-380 to non tanks, and has a high critical and counter rate."
 Bismarck.Rinako
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-26 02:06:16
Link | Citer | R

Really..? some tards on my server are trying to sell it for 8M D:

lol
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-26 02:59:21
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Really..? some tards on my server are trying to sell it for 8M D:

lol

they already have sold it for 8mil... rin
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-26 03:04:02
Link | Citer | R

They sold it to themselves last I saw. lulz
edit: like someone from their ls bought it off whoever put it on
 Seraph.Rafik
Serveur: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-26 03:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:

o.O I hate when people do that ***and try to jack the price up
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-06-26 03:08:13
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Rafik said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Yeah I agree, and yeah only 1 sale and it was amongst LS members lol
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-26 10:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

Yeah I agree, and yeah only 1 sale and it was amongst LS members lol

Only idiots buy items for a ridiculous amount of gil right after the release. Like when grips first came out and people paid 300k or more for something they could get themselves with ISP.

Let them jack up the price, I'm farming it myself anyways. Tahrongi is mah playground! rawr~
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-06-26 11:36:08
Link | Citer | R

I've skimmed over this thread really quick, didn't see anyone mention this, but has anyone messed around with the chests laying around? Unlike chests dropped in regular zones, these ones require you to turn a dial up or down, number is higher or lower than displayed. So far in Abyssea - La Theine I've come across 4 of these chests giving out 200 Cruor each. It says on wiki that these chests appear when you defeat an enemy, but I've yet to kill anything solo and still have been able to come across them and open them. That's 800 Cruor for just playing around with stuff, not too bad.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 36 37 38