Abyssea
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 36 37 38
 Asura.Franchise
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Franchise 2010-07-20 05:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnumatic said:
Joined an Abyssea group the other day at 4 PM Est..

Got in an argument with this guy about random ***..

He was a ***! Maybe I am too, but that is not the point!

At 1 Am.. I couldn't take it anymore! I had to go to sleep..

I woke up the next morning, and they were still going at it!

So I joined them again <.<

Got my 6th level 80! So I mentioned that it was my 6th.. Right?

That *** was still there..

He says, "NO LIFE!"

I'm like, "Dude.. You've been here since 4pm yesterday -.-"

It was 10 Am The next morning XD

Was that my run? I dont remember arguing with anyone? Tahrongi bats?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-20 09:08:49
Link | Citer | R

So after doing a bit of fishing and talking to others lugworm seems to be one of the better (best?) bait to use. A few places sell it for like 9-12 gil each and from what I've seen no fish in la theine bite on it so you get only items and mobs
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-20 09:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Does any know if there is a guide on how to make some of the nm's in abyssea rage?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-20 09:42:04
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah so I just watched some folks kiting Briareus around the pools in la theine where the fey are. It didn't seem to have any movement speed so most the time no one was in range even the "tanks."

Also has anyone seen the notes on wiki? 58,505~585,055 HP
wtf is up with that range!?!
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-20 09:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Does any know if there is a guide on how to make some of the nm's in abyssea rage?
Are you talking about the weaknesses or if they rage?

Weaknesses are still being figured out. There is a chart on wiki that is being made to hopefully identify a pattern for each NM. Looking for the link now...

It's been reported that abyssea NMs rage after 60 minutes.

Edit:
Apparently it was moved.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category_talk:Abyssea#Weakness_Discussion
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-20 09:45:33
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Pickup Abyssea? lol Last night I got a pickup group, went really well. Enter with 90 minutes, left with 120+ minutes and about 250k exp. Today, enter with my banked 120 minutes. leave 2 hours later with 10k exp and 60 min to bank. WTF? How hard can it be? seacom now says: Abyssea, can I have it? RDM or BRD Amateur No thanks. Some people arent just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to put 2 BRD's in the BLM pt. (when there only was 2 BRD's in the entire alliance)

Hmm, brd was the old blm refresh hotness, rdm/sch is the new blm refresh hotness :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-20 09:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Pickup Abyssea? lol Last night I got a pickup group, went really well. Enter with 90 minutes, left with 120+ minutes and about 250k exp. Today, enter with my banked 120 minutes. leave 2 hours later with 10k exp and 60 min to bank. WTF? How hard can it be? seacom now says: Abyssea, can I have it? RDM or BRD Amateur No thanks. Some people arent just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, but HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to put 2 BRD's in the BLM pt. (when there only was 2 BRD's in the entire alliance)
Hmm, brd was the old blm refresh hotness, rdm/sch is the new blm refresh hotness :P
Meh some of the time blu can refresh more (not to mention -MDB mobs), smn can refresh more and give MAB, as can cor.

The funniest xp manaburn I had on blm was 4 blms 1 cor 1 smn. Even the badly geared blms did awesome dmg and we always had mp lol. Plus we could've /sch if we had wanted to

Obviously ghorn brds break that rule a bit lol
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-07-20 10:24:49
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Meh some of the time blu can refresh more (not to mention -MDB mobs), smn can refresh more and give MAB, as can cor. The funniest xp manaburn I had on blm was 4 blms 1 cor 1 smn. Even the badly geared blms did awesome dmg and we always had mp lol. Plus we could've /sch if we had wanted to Obviously ghorn brds break that rule a bit lol

Yer so why do we keep putting non-ghorn brds with blms? Give them to the dd's so they can pwn moar D:!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-20 10:27:32
Link | Citer | R

I used to be with a ghorn brd fairly often and he would 2hr a bit. God that ***was fun. I litterally couldn't burn my mp fast enough to keep ugg pendant active most the time
 Titan.Cripnicc
Serveur: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-07-20 12:22:18
Link | Citer | R

If I have 3 stones and go into abyssea and get 90 min, then warp out get 3 more stones and go back into abyssea can i get 180 min if so is there a cap to the amount of time u can stack in abyssea?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-20 12:23:43
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Cripnicc said:
If I have 3 stones and go into abyssea and get 90 min, then warp out get 3 more stones and go back into abyssea can i get 180 min if so is there a cap to the amount of time u can stack in abyssea?
120 min
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-20 12:28:40
Link | Citer | R

Just bought expansion, little confused about something.

I used my stone to enter two areas. Then I couldn't enter a third? How come? I still had 29 minutes of visitant status left. I'm really confused as to how this works.

When I go back, do I still have those 29 minutes?
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Serveur: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-07-20 12:40:26
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:

I used my stone to enter two areas. Then I couldn't enter a third? How come? I still had 29 minutes of visitant status left. I'm really confused as to how this works.

Yes your time is banked unless you logout in abyssea. If you spent a minute in each zone while under visitant status you would be down to 27 minutes for simplicity sake. So.. that being said what most ppl do is take one stone...get 30 minutes "stored" then go get 3 more stone's. When u go back to w/e zone u trade all 3 stones and get close to 120 minutes. (119 is what I usually get). Just try get in with a group who knows what they're doing when it comes to fighting mobs. It could make a whole world of difference. LS mates went in the other day for 4hrs ish and came out with 200k exp and 60k curor.
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-20 12:55:54
Link | Citer | R

Ah, so my time is there, but I needed another stone to get in basically. Thanks!
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-20 12:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:

Yes your time is banked unless you logout in abyssea. If you spent a minute in each zone while under visitant status you would be down to 27 minutes for simplicity sake. So.. that being said what most ppl do is take one stone...get 30 minutes "stored" then go get 3 more stone's. When u go back to w/e zone u trade all 3 stones and get close to 120 minutes. (119 is what I usually get). Just try get in with a group who knows what they're doing when it comes to fighting mobs. It could make a whole world of difference. LS mates went in the other day for 4hrs ish and came out with 200k exp and 60k curor.

And can usually leave with your 120 minutes or close to that too :P
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-07-20 13:02:09
Link | Citer | R

I got invited to a ton of Abyssea groups on my WHM, even though I had only the original stone. Tonight, I'd hopefully have 55~ minutes. Could I gain time? O.o
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-20 13:06:10
Link | Citer | R

You can in theory depending on how time chests drop. Time chests give you +10 minutes and on the run I went to yesterday, we got 3 TE chests in a row.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-20 13:14:34
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Are you talking about the weaknesses or if they rage? Weaknesses are still being figured out. There is a chart on wiki that is being made to hopefully identify a pattern for each NM. Looking for the link now... It's been reported that abyssea NMs rage after 60 minutes. Edit: Apparently it was moved. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category_talk:Abyssea#Weakness_Discussion

Thanks for the time to respond to my post. No, basically from what I understand, the 3 NM's for Peiste HNM (zone boss) won't drop the key items to pop zone boss if A.) popper died at some point during the battle and B.) The NM didn't rage or have the "!!" marks over its head at some points- which reportedly is when they rage. We only got 1/3 NM's to get the !! over its head and we got the key item, and it certainly wasn't alive for more than 5 minutes.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-20 13:25:33
Link | Citer | R

That !! is the weakness it is talking about
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-20 13:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Ah I see thanks...not yet known...not sure what we did on the hippogryph NM to trigger. We did the Wirve and haven't tried the eye yet. Sounds like basically cast w/e you have or ws and hope for the best at this point?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-20 13:52:04
Link | Citer | R

You can get the key item without proc'ing !! and you can proc the !! without getting key item. You can also !! NMs that don't even drop key item triggers.

Same appears to be so with Atma (gotten it without !!).
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-07-20 13:55:03
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, guess we'll keep trying. We we're 1/1 when !! and 0/2 w/o.

These zones have so much to explore! Its great to see all this info on chests and exp, but I hope we keep getting more revalations on gear and nm's!

Ninja edit, thats a mouthful above ^ xD
 Ragnarok.Flippant
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-20 13:57:17
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
So, we just tried the Mesa Wivre's in konschtat, because every other mob in every zone was taken.

Know I know why these werent taken.

At first we were like "Oh these are squishy, they die really fast" but the we were like "FFFFFFUUUUUUU"

Aparently they have some spike flail move. ppl died, a lot. we went home

end of story.

2 days ago, we did the Mesa wivre's since there were alot of camps had been taken. We killed them too fast, but we got these crazy linkga. We survived this Mesa Wivre camp until Abyssea kicked us out. It was good if you can kill faster before next wivre pops. We've noticed they came in 2 different sizes under the same name. One is large and another one is small. Sometimes We got 200exp from One, but next one we got like 110 exp. They don't break a chain as long as it is the same type mob.

Some families (particularly/exclusively? in Konschtat) have mini versions. They give double cruor, half exp. And they also look really cute<3

Also, don't fight wivre from the back or front, they can use Cripple/Batterhorn respectively in those cases (not to mention you'll hit for 0 after Granite Skin or whatever).
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-20 17:04:19
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, using the term rage isn't accurate when talking about the !! weaknesses. I've only heard of one situation of a NM going apeshit after the !! was triggered (I don't have the link handy, either).

My group triggered yellow !! on Piasa yesterday with blizzard III and got full drops. =D

Unfortunately those were our only drops last night.
 Asura.Franchise
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Franchise 2010-07-20 17:32:52
Link | Citer | R

Did they nerf TE boxes? I just did a run and got one TE in 1 hour usually get 5-6. I am hoping we just had bad luck with blue boxes anyone else who does 12-20 hour runs not getting blue boxes as frequently anymore?
 Valefor.Shystie
Serveur: Valefor
user: Shystie
By Valefor.Shystie 2010-07-20 18:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Franchise said:
Did they nerf TE boxes? I just did a run and got one TE in 1 hour usually get 5-6. I am hoping we just had bad luck with blue boxes anyone else who does 12-20 hour runs not getting blue boxes as frequently anymore?

A buddy of mine is in Abyssea right now for a lil over an hour and he just told me they have gotten 4 or 5 already.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-20 18:47:02
Link | Citer | R

Im in right now, weve been in 90 min and only got 1 time chest, and im hearing similar reports from friends in every zone.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-20 20:05:08
Link | Citer | R

Runs have typically been worse immediately after maint. mobs resetting, etc.

Give it a few hours.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-20 20:30:24
Link | Citer | R

We started getting more time drops about 100 min in
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 36 37 38