Alexander.Temaruma
Serveur: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Temarumaz
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-17 03:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Screamingbabies said:
Alexander.Temaruma said:
Has anybody else ever had problems tiering up your Ruby Light?

In the middle of a run atm and it is rather annoying as it just won't tier up for golden light chests. We have been sitting at 400xp/kill for an hour almost.

bump. cause im wondering the same thing

Lol. We eventually capped exp with ruby lights from red chests, it took forever though.
 Diabolos.Renavi
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-07-17 03:31:59
Link | Citer | R

Don't know if this has been answered but, is there any way to make ExpWatch work for mobs inside of Abyssea? D:
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-17 04:00:43
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Renavi said:
Don't know if this has been answered but, is there any way to make ExpWatch work for mobs inside of Abyssea? D:

Don't think so. Use Kparser
 Diabolos.Renavi
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Renavi
By Diabolos.Renavi 2010-07-17 04:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Diabolos.Renavi said:

Don't think so. Use Kparser

Hm, didn't know KParser knew EXP/hr, thanks. I'll try that.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-07-17 05:25:25
Link | Citer | R

Do the Ephemeral mobs negate your "Family" chain if you kill them? I would assume so, except they are sort of unique and like to hang out in a group of other monsters.
 Leviathan.Agentd
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Agentd
By Leviathan.Agentd 2010-07-17 06:10:50
Link | Citer | R

I read the beginning of this topic, and then I read the last page and all I gotta say is abyssea =/= waste of 10 dollars. 150k exp in 5 hours, capped scythe, multiple skill ups, and a slew of other awesome things, which the other 17 people in my party also were a part of. Yeah, abyssea is awesome.
 Alexander.Temaruma
By Alexander.Temaruma 2010-07-17 06:31:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Agentd said:
I read the beginning of this topic, and then I read the last page and all I gotta say is abyssea =/= waste of 10 dollars. 150k exp in 5 hours, capped scythe, multiple skill ups, and a slew of other awesome things, which the other 17 people in my party also were a part of. Yeah, abyssea is awesome.

Agreed, it is also a L O T more fun than grinding birds and what not. lol
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-17 07:55:19
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Temaruma said:
Has anybody else ever had problems tiering up your Ruby Light?

In the middle of a run atm and it is rather annoying as it just won't tier up for golden light chests. We have been sitting at 400xp/kill for an hour almost.
There seems to be some issues with getting ruby light. It's supposed to be WS for ruby. Some have said it's just magic WSs that count. Nothing concrete right now.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-17 07:56:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Do the Ephemeral mobs negate your "Family" chain if you kill them? I would assume so, except they are sort of unique and like to hang out in a group of other monsters.
Yes they break the chain.
 Shiva.Superdan
Serveur: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-07-17 08:53:34
Link | Citer | R

Question for any of you BLM's out in abyssea, what is the resist rate like on common farming mobs like toads and mandys? My BLM is rather new to 75 and doesn't have 8/8 ele magic merits yet, so wondering if I should gear for skill or MaB when I take BLM there this week.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-17 09:20:20
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Updated the known drops list.

New adds are:

Item NM
Hochomasamune Ruminator
Savant's Treatise Guimauve
Serpentes Sabots Brooder

Please note that I have yet to see SS proof of the Serpentes Sabots drop, but sources are good enough to list it for confirmation.

I've also adjusted the table's formatting so you can now sort by NM or item name.

When I did abyssea yesterday, apparently someone in another guys ls got the Hochomasamune in walk of echos. I was too busy (beeing a puller) to ask exactly how and where though :(
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-17 09:25:30
Link | Citer | R

Wiki has pretty good info on walk of echos well at least the first tier stuff
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-17 09:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah I see, it seems to drop from Ruminator in Abyssea - La Theine. Was sure they said walk of echos though.

Whats the difference btw between walk of echos and abyssea?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-17 09:35:04
Link | Citer | R

Walk of echos is more like a mix between a BCNM and campaign from what I read.

It's a battlefield with lower mobs and NMs if you kill them all there are rewards if you contributed enough. If you were top 5 of your group you get stuff from another box too.

It's tiered wins from 1 grant acess to higher.

Think 36 max? Idk wiki has full stuff
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-07-17 10:03:28
Link | Citer | R

lol @ rate down =P
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-17 10:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
lol @ rate down =P
I have stalkers. They be jealous
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-07-17 11:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Btw, There's a WoE thread over here: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=11219&page=2#697312

The Ruminator drop was SS'd and confirmed.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-17 11:14:57
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Oh yeah I see, it seems to drop from Ruminator in Abyssea - La Theine. Was sure they said walk of echos though.

Whats the difference btw between walk of echos and abyssea?

Also, drops in Walk of Echoes are so far unflagged (not rare or ex), whereas equip/weapons from Abyssea are rare/ex or rare. Assuming this pattern keeps up, it's easy to tell which equipment from update are likely to come from WoE (vice versa doesn't really work since MMM also drops rare (Tern set) and rare/ex items).
 Titan.Cripnicc
Serveur: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-07-17 12:03:46
Link | Citer | R

not sure if this has already been posted but i was wondering if ppl had info on best mobs (easiest to take down) to camp for curor/exp. mabey i should start a new thread for this info :/
 Fenrir.Elytonas
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Elytonas
By Fenrir.Elytonas 2010-07-17 12:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Cripnicc said:
not sure if this has already been posted but i was wondering if ppl had info on best mobs (easiest to take down) to camp for curor/exp. mabey i should start a new thread for this info :/

Bats/Mandragoras in Konschtat Highlands.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-07-17 12:36:13
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Elytonas said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:

I hear Toads are best, low HP and no TP moves
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-17 12:42:36
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Elytonas said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:

Just did bats now, they are pretty easy, however someone said that the reason we weren't getting any ruby lights (we didn't get a single one) was because some families simply can't drop them). Because of this, we only had teir 1 red chests, which means we couldn't get our exp past cap.

Having said that, we only went to 370exp a kill anyway.

I was keeping track of lights for a while, pearlescent seemed to be a random drop rate, it only dropped from melee kills which was as expected, but it didn't drop from ALL melee kills. Since we leveled up Azure first, we weren't getting that many chests to start off with. So we didn't get our first exp chest until we'd hit Azure light level 39. At that time we were already capped (1250exp) on chest tier, so I'd say it takes less than 35 azure light to cap that. That took just under half an hour, because the two people that only had one stone got booted about 2 minutes before our first time extension. If anyone had entered with 2 stones (we all entered with at least 3) they would have been fine. Pearlescent light was harder to track, partly because of the infrequent drops, and partly because I started being a lolmeleerdm and also helping open chests. However, I'd say we were also capped on pearlescent (chest drop rate) at around about the 30-35 mark.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-17 12:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Fenrir.Elytonas said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:

I hear Toads are best, low HP and no TP moves

Lycopodium and Giant Bat TP moves are nothing to worry about (keep in mind they aren't Mandragoras or Bat trios). Toads are relatively evasive (which you can remedy by using Hunter's Roll or accuracy food, but keep in mind you're sacrificing attack food/a better roll). But if you do decide to fight toads, as I have heard they can be good, don't bring BLM for magic kill; their resistance is unbelievable and a lot of time and MP is wasted trying to get BLM kill.

I'd rather target something else, personally.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-17 12:48:09
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Blazza said:
Fenrir.Elytonas said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:

Just did bats now, they are pretty easy, however someone said that the reason we weren't getting any ruby lights (we didn't get a single one) was because some families simply can't drop them). Because of this, we only had teir 1 red chests, which means we couldn't get our exp past cap.

Having said that, we only went to 370exp a kill anyway.

I've heard people cap exp on bats fine.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-17 12:59:09
Link | Citer | R

Oh the exp was certainly decent, I went from 77 to 80 and we were the for ~3 hours. I'm just wondering, since it's the first time myself and most of us had done it if those gold and silver lighters would speed it up a bit.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-17 14:04:46
Link | Citer | R

When you get time extensions, does it say anything or does it just add on and leave you in a mystery?
 Sylph.Tidusjr
Serveur: Sylph
user: Tidusjr
By Sylph.Tidusjr 2010-07-17 14:07:47
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
When you get time extensions, does it say anything or does it just add on and leave you in a mystery?

you get a message
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-07-17 14:08:50
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tidusjr said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:

you get a message

K thanks.
 Alexander.Varistor
user: Varistor
By Alexander.Varistor 2010-07-17 15:46:25
Link | Citer | R

so why is it that 2/3 of our melee kills had no pearl light? i just don't get it.all these ppl stay in for hours and we go and can't get past 90 min. we ahve tried a cpl times to do marathon runs and never got a TE chest. we did azure til we got 1k cruor or 1250 exp then went to melee and nothing the whole time. we need to do some ruby too in there? please help
 Titan.Cripnicc
Serveur: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-07-18 08:47:34
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Varistor said:
so why is it that 2/3 of our melee kills had no pearl light? i just don't get it.all these ppl stay in for hours and we go and can't get past 90 min. we ahve tried a cpl times to do marathon runs and never got a TE chest. we did azure til we got 1k cruor or 1250 exp then went to melee and nothing the whole time. we need to do some ruby too in there? please help
I'm not 100% sure but from what i hear it all depends on how u kill the mobs. By magic, melee, weapon skill or what ever else im leaving out. Can anyone confirm this?

And pls ppl for the sake of getting good exp and curor pls get all the Veridical Conflux's
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 36 37 38