SAM Update?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM Update?
SAM Update?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-17 16:40:36
Link | Citer | R

I love how all the bandwagon SAM's cling to hagun because they are like sheep and are told to.

Yet we get a new JA that boosts SC/MB damage which is in fact a similar spike in damage (how much yet obviously unknown) and everyone calls it useless or nerfed.

If you see a fragmentation and gekko like a *** instead of kasha for light then yeah.... gtfo please.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 16:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Meh sams aren't that good imo. Looking from a different perspective in the game, they are versatile, but not really op.

I see the age of wars coming up and I like it.
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Serveur: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-06-17 16:43:53
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Meh sams aren't that good imo. Looking from a different perspective in the game, they are versatile, but not really op.

RNGs are getting a huge boost as well. Can't wait to see if Double Shot stacks with weaponskills. True Shot on top of that.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-17 16:44:04
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

The sad fact is... SAM is my favorite job and i agree with you for 1 simple fact. Bandwagon SAM are in no way shape or form in the same category as a main SAM who actually takes the time to read/research proper sets and macros.

I can't tell you the number of times i go to birds and see SAM's with gkatana. "oh i don't have polearm yet".

Or askar body SAM's... hell even domaruuuu SAM.

Yeah...
By SEfails 2010-06-17 16:45:50
Link | Citer | R

I am definitely complaining here. I have been a 75 Sam since 2005. Just pissed that SE trying to *** over Sam.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 16:46:25
Link | Citer | R

@Eikechi
Funnily enough, Soboro-Sukehiro is NOT lol. It is, in fact, better than Hagun. I think Kurodachi might be slightly better than Soboro? I don't remember.

Haste Samba benefits SAM more than it does DNC, because they can get more Haste. In fact, if I'm right, that 10% haste from Samba is ~50% increase for SAM.

That saber dance isn't nearly as effective as you'd like to think it is. You're only going to be sitting at ~70% DA with Athame and ~72.5% with Joyeuse for the first minute it's up. While that's pretty high, it diminishes by 10% ever minute. Hasso is a static effect. Overwhelm is a static effect as long as you're positioned properly.

That A+ and B+ gap will get larger as the level cap increases, too.
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 16:46:36
Link | Citer | R

SEfails said:
I am definitely complaining here. I have been a 75 Sam since 2005. Just pissed that SE trying to *** over Sam.
how are they trying to *** it over? They made it completely over powered with updates and now they are giving that power to other jobs while letting SAM keep their own ***.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-17 16:47:33
Link | Citer | R

SEfails said:
Then you should really probably understand the importance of a skillchain damage boost JA... let alone the ability to get bonus MB damage from a group that actually works together.

So sekk is now /SAM so what? Good for the other jobs that can properly use /SAM. Continue about the day... no huge deal lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 16:47:48
Link | Citer | R

SEfails said:
SAM's been at or near the top of the pile for damn near everything for some time now. Quit QQing just because you have to share the spotlight. It's not like you're getting left in the dust here.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-17 16:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Not to even *** mention that because they dropped it to 40 that SAM 40+ now have sekk making it even better for low levels.

People expect too *** much i guess these days lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Raigne
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Raigne
By Phoenix.Raigne 2010-06-17 16:53:37
Link | Citer | R

I'm kinda pissed off about the fact that one of our main JAs (Sekkanoki) is being given to 80/SAM's now and we aren't getting *much* to replace it. It has yet to be seen whether or not the SC/MB bonus will be worth using (if it's like 5% bonus, I'm gonna *** rage for days >_>), and if it's a decent "replacement" as our Job-Specific JA.

And Clin, I'm one of those SAMs who doesn't use PA at birds... coz my PA build currently sucks nuts and I still do more dmg with GK ;D I'm still a main SAM though ^-^
By SEfails 2010-06-17 16:53:50
Link | Citer | R

I know Sam is overpowered and i spend most of my time on Mnk it is just i can't stand it that other jobs get the full Sekkanoki. they could have made it so that TP over 150% is kept and i would be perfectly happy. they can nerf Sam for all i care just didnt want to see Sekkanoki being a SJ ability.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 16:58:02
Link | Citer | R

Linear, you sound like you make a valid point..I guess I don't quite understand exactly how much Saber Dance increases a dnc's potential..../shrug like I said, I'm no 75 dnc, just speculating what they can now potentially do.

Guess I really don't have anything to worry about eh? I'm excited about the new sam JA as I love to self SC darkness, and any boost to SCs is fun to play around with (HOPEFULLY it will bring back the dead art of SC and MB lol)
By SEfails 2010-06-17 16:58:49
Link | Citer | R

I would feel the same way if i was Nin with this Daul Weild ***too.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 17:00:32
Link | Citer | R

I bet SEfails is a lolsam.

A good sam wouldn't feel worried about this.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 17:00:58
Link | Citer | R

SEfails said:

Apart from everything that subs it gets it.

What's wrong with you?
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-17 17:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Raigne said:
And Clin, I'm one of those SAMs who doesn't use PA at birds... coz my PA build currently sucks nuts and I still do more dmg with GK ;D I'm still a main SAM though ^-^

As long as you understand polearm and how much it can increase you're damage that's fine. It's the same SAM's i see every single time that weeks/months down the road STILL don't have polearm and rock an askar body.

Also i wouldn't mind 5% SC/MB+ damage because either way its an increase. But 5% is just being skeptical i would assume 10% or more.

It's just amazing how many people ***the bed when its ONLY the level 80 mark... we still have 85 90 95 99 to go people -.-.....
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 17:03:55
Link | Citer | R

Ya, Clin makes a good point too...many updates to go :P I'm officially not worried about ***anymore... thx folks for easing my temporary angst
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 17:04:07
Link | Citer | R

SEfails said:
so dnc can use dw too...but if anyone subs nin JUST for DW, they are doing it wrong..
By SEfails 2010-06-17 17:04:11
Link | Citer | R

I am a lolSam i don't have perfect builds like everyone else.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 17:04:50
Link | Citer | R

SEfails said:

Then don't worry, everything out DD's you Sekka or not.
 Sylph.Spiriel
Serveur: Sylph
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-17 17:05:06
Link | Citer | R

By SEfails 2010-06-17 17:06:25
Link | Citer | R

I just figure we would finally keep a JA (non merit) that was decent. might as well start playing Rng more now lol.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-06-17 17:07:42
Link | Citer | R

SEfails said:
I just figure we would finally keep a JA (non merit) that was decent. might as well start playing Rng more now lol.
In regards to this... Whitemage have to MERIT tier II to get protectra V and shellra V... and now it seems SCH and WHM can learn it from scroll.

So wtf was the point of THAT is more of a screwover.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 17:10:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
SEfails said:

Then don't worry, everything out DD's you Sekka or not.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By SEfails 2010-06-17 17:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Yeah Clinpachi i agree completely. And actually about me getting out DD'd by everything; not so much does that happen.

i just wanted to vent my rage and now im better ty.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-06-17 17:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
SEfails said:
In regards to this... Whitemage have to MERIT tier II to get protectra V and shellra V... and now it seems SCH and WHM can learn it from scroll.

well actually Clin, whm merits the AOE of both of those so now you don't have to spend the money/time to farm the scroll of the single target on whm... and sch only gets it with accession (i mean aoe) and that could cost a *** ton of mp lol...so its a minor screw job, i'll agree there, but not huge
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-17 17:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said:
SEfails said:

Sucks that you wasted merits on it in the first place but isn't this a good thing? Now you will free up merits for something else no?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 17:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Bad sam's are some of the worst DD's ever. Sam seems to pass a certain point and get awesome, but Sam's that are unintelligently geared (hi2u 7hit str build for tp) do awful damage.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8