DNC: The New Queen Of FFXI!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » DNC: The new queen of FFXI!
DNC: The new queen of FFXI!
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-06-17 13:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Data? I've played the game and seen it myself, my in game experiences show me that what he said is wrong.

lol
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
Serveur: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-06-17 13:37:22
Link | Citer | R

Why is that funny? Math is funny, you can say this and this happens, but it doesn't always happen like that, are we robots? No...
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 13:40:41
Link | Citer | R

So what you're saying is you basically have nothing concrete to work with, which gives me no reason to believe your statements.

;(

I'm not saying ***plays out exactly as it's modeled, but a decent model is better than no model at all.
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-06-17 13:41:31
Link | Citer | R

If that's what you wanna think, sure!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By tingletaru 2010-06-17 13:49:38
Link | Citer | R

This update (and this thread) make me think of:

Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 13:54:25
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kozuki said:
Why is that funny? Math is funny, you can say this and this happens, but it doesn't always happen like that, are we robots? No...

Are you mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE?

And how is nightfyre a troll? he's actually speaking the truth. The truth =/= trolling even if you don't like it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 13:55:38
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kozuki said:

We aren't robots, but the game is based on mathematical equations, do the math or gtfo.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-17 13:57:26
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Kozuki said:

And how is nightfyre a troll? he's actually speaking the truth. The truth =/= trolling even if you don't like it.

it's been said before and is worth saying again

sadly, on this site math = trolling

as for math being accurate, math accurately predicts your potential. how close you can get your performance to that potential depends on the player.

not being able to reach 100% of the potential that the math illustrates is a terrible reason to throw out math altogether
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 14:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Sylph.Kozuki said:

I am a troll because I do maffs and argue with people who use the words "it's good enough for me" to justify their choices!

Also because Raenryong said so :s
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
it's been said before and is worth saying again

sadly, on this site math = trolling

as for math being accurate, math accurately predicts your potential. how close you can get your performance to that potential depends on the player.

not being to reach 100% of the potential that the math illustrates is a terrible reason to throw out math altogether
^
[+]
 Cerberus.Shanyn
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Eleri
By Cerberus.Shanyn 2010-06-17 14:06:25
Link | Citer | R

Ai, people like this are the reason I decided to work on Evasion Dakinis for the level cap increase. Never want to party with any of you argumentative jerks who forget that games are for entertainment and demand that everything in them is SUCH SERIOUS BUSINESS. :x
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-17 14:16:48
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre is a troll because he tries to turn people away from ignorance and hence away from bliss. He is trying to do harm to people!
[+]
 Sylph.Kozuki
By Sylph.Kozuki 2010-06-17 14:21:29
Link | Citer | R

I'm not only a *** and ugly, I'm also mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE now too! ; ;
[+]
 Leviathan.Thornyy
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-06-17 14:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Admittance is the first step to recovery.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Serveur: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 14:44:53
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Thornyy said:

Which you've yet to do, apparently.
[+]
 Leviathan.Thornyy
user: Eriuddo
By Leviathan.Thornyy 2010-06-17 14:48:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm not the one arguing with no supporting case.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 14:50:06
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Linear said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:

Maybe I'm wrong, betting I'm not, but I don't think Thorny has any delusions about his abrasive posting style.

Dunno why I even bother with posts like this, fat chance of people actually moving towards even ground so the thread can progress. Information gets passed out and immediately buried in flamewars... Both sides are at fault to an extent there, but it doesn't change who's right from a gameplay standpoint.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-17 14:55:06
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
Leviathan.Thornyy said:

Maybe I'm wrong, betting I'm not, but I don't think Thorny has any delusions about his abrasive posting style.

Dunno why I even bother with posts like this, fat chance of people actually moving towards even ground so the thread can progress. Information gets passed out and immediately buried in flamewars...

yeah, uh, just sayin'

some of us appreciate the math people like you, rean, veg, and thorny do and use it to try to optimize our jobs

please don't stop doing it because it usually tends to get rewarded with ratedowns and QQ ><
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 14:57:50
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Thornyy said:
I'm not the one arguing with no supporting case.
*poke*
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 14:58:37
Link | Citer | R

I don't mind the math. I respect the people that do it.

However, I HATE the "holier than thou" attitude that 90% of the people that do math seem to have.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 14:58:43
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
yeah, uh, just sayin'

some of us appreciate the math people like you, rean, veg, and thorny do and use it to try to optimize our jobs

please don't stop doing it because it usually tends to get rewarded with ratedowns and QQ ><
lol no worries, I won't stop contributing... was more in reference to posts like my request for data from Kozuki. Math gets results one way or another. Requesting data from somebody else and/or attempting to constructively rerail a thread? Not so much XD

and thanks :)
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-17 15:01:08
Link | Citer | R

Math isn't the useless, but its not the be all, end all that people seem to think it is.

Math can show the max potential, but there are other factors that get left out that prevent you from reaching that max.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 15:02:30
Link | Citer | R

Linear said:

However, I HATE the "holier than thou" attitude that 90% of the people that do math seem to have.
Comes with the territory. Patience wears thin quickly when your best efforts are often met with hostility and brick-wall ignorance rather than the interest in self-improvement you'd hope for.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 15:03:15
Link | Citer | R

Fuzzy math...
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-06-17 15:04:35
Link | Citer | R

Generally speaking, people wont be receptive to information when you act like an *** about it.

Im sure once people resort to name calling and personal attacks, they lose a lot of credibility with people.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 15:05:47
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Math isn't the useless, but its not the be all, end all that people seem to think it is.

Math can show the max potential, but there are other factors that get left out that prevent you from reaching that max.
The better you play, the closer you get... that said, if you really wanted to you could create models based on less aggressive playstyles. The math is as accurate as you make it, it's just more convenient to approach things from an ideal standpoint and assume people understand the resulting limitations on the results.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-06-17 15:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Linear said:

it's nice when people like rean take the trouble to do it politely

but i'd MUCH rather get (correctly)called a gimp and be given advice that i could use to improve than to have one of my mistakes go ignored

there was an excellent paladin in my social ls who let me be a purple paladin for a couple months without saying anything about it

when i found out how bad my setup really was by finding and reading BG, i asked him why he didn't stop me and he said he didn't want to "hurt my feelings" or "tell me how to play"

*** man, that's like being at work and not having your friend tell you you forgot your pants cause he didn't want to embarrass you ><
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 15:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Generally speaking, people wont be receptive to information when you act like an *** about it.

Im sure once people resort to name calling and personal attacks, they lose a lot of credibility with people.
I tend to start ignoring ppl when I get called gimp b/c I won't spend 3mil+ on an item that will only make my dmg go up by .5 over a certain amount of time...
you have dusk gloves+1? AWESOME! I'll keep my NQ tyvm
 Caitsith.Linear
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-06-17 15:07:31
Link | Citer | R

Damn quoting is messed up.

@Nightfyre: While I understand that, called someone an ugly *** is taking it a bit too far. Just give up on them if they wont listen. Being a douche bag isn't going to make them listen.

Not that I'm calling you a douche bag. You're one of the 10% who's relatively nice to people unless you start getting personally attacked.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 15:08:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Unfortunately, this is a catch-22.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 10 11