Cor Guns.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Cor Guns.
Cor Guns.
 Asura.Bonlack
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-06-13 11:13:58
Link | Citer | R

Currently 64COR and just wondering whether to get a coffinmaker which takes time to break or get a shark gun. Quick stats Coffin maker DMG 40 RACC +9 600 delay "after latent break" Shark Gun DMG 39 RACC+5/ Besieged RATT+5 582 delay. Just want some opinions from ppl who have used or are using whether to bother with coffinmaker since shark gun is lower delay and almost equal stats. Also i have AGI earring set and PCC so RACC isnt to much of an issue for me just looking for what will put out the best numbers and doesnt have to be epeen #'s for slug's. I just want to do good damage.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-13 11:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Shark Gun til 75.

Then Do a Magnatus, and if you're up for a little more Abuse, Dragonmaw (If you enjoy shooting.)
 Leviathan.Dubont
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-13 11:18:49
Link | Citer | R

well...at your level, you aren't going to be out DDing anybody, with that said, I didn't and still don't use a coffin maker. I went with the shark gun 1) b/c I didn't want to do KSNM for a chance to get it and 2) I have no friends =p

once you can get a martial gun though...get it...it helps =D

Edit: Cor should have at least 2 guns on hand at all times anyway. A QD gun and a pew pew gun depending on the situation.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Serveur: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-06-13 12:10:45
Link | Citer | R

i have
martial for cor/dd
peacemaker for pulling situations
corsair for QD kite

but at your lv just grab a shark gun

ill look into the guns after the update
the oat one intrigues me but i got 4 paths open atm >.>
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-13 12:18:44
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
i have
martial for cor/dd
peacemaker for pulling situations
corsair for QD kite

but at your lv just grab a shark gun

ill look into the guns after the update
the oat one intrigues me but i got 4 paths open atm >.>

Dragonmaw is a tricky call though. Corsair usually Melee's with a Joyeuse for hate, so the OAT gun is more or less wasted in that situation, since the Magnatus will get you better damage on Weapon Skill.
 Kujata.Akeda
Serveur: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-13 15:06:20
Link | Citer | R

I bought a shark gun but I never managed to reach 64 on COR. I got tired of people insisting I melee. I just want to pull, buff and shoot stuff ;_;

Phoenix.Smileybone
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-06-13 15:11:20
Link | Citer | R

Shark Gun to 75.

Martial for DD cor
Magnatus w/ DMG+ for QD
Peacemaker for Pulling.

I wouldn't use Magnatus for WS, you're going to missing a lot of accuracy which you're just gonna have to replace in other slots unless you have marksmanship fully merited or something. With Martial, you don't have to pile on half as much r. acc. to land Slug leaving a lot of room open for STR, AGI, and R.attk.
 Unicorn.Sedres
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2010-06-13 15:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Martial is pretty much the main gun you want, you'll use it for most of the time (at least I have myself).
[+]
 Asura.Bonlack
Serveur: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-06-13 17:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Ok I'll definitely go for shark gun since ISP is free to get as I'm leveling the job. I'll have to look into getting martial when I reach the level, I really didn't want to mess around with trying to get people for coffinmaker then *** around with breaking the latent. Like i said gears aren't to much of a problem with the earring set pcc and wyrm hands later on, looking to get rover's for QD gear set but 0/7 atm ; ;

Also I'm thinking brutal/suppa for TP when I hit 75 then WS'ing with Wil/Alt earring set. This sound pretty good? I have a joyeuse of course.