CoP level cap removed area's *discuss*
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-24 08:46:49
Link | Citer | R

My CoP static was a combination of asking a couple LSs who needed it and the search function on ffxiah. At one point I ended up with 13 people I was pushing through at once (I cut it down to 6 at promy-vazhl due to people not showing and attitude problems). Lilbusta even server transferred to get it done.

tl;dr: You just have to keep trying. You will eventually find a group of people serious enough to get it done.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-24 08:50:19
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Hell though I don't really visit it not that long ago I got a pearl for a ls dedicated mostly to doing CoP. And they had like 12 members doing it. I still see shouts and ***occassionally. I've seen threads on here about it from time to time. One of the social shells I have was doing it for awhile.

So seems odd that there isn't 5 people on an entire server that aren't willing to help out. When without trying I find alot more.

Well there aren't at least in my time zones. yesterday I spent 3-4 hours shouting for it and pming old friends etc, got 3/6 until I gave it up as a bad job.

And again, I don't see how making it easier for people to get these missions done is a bad thing.

Especially seeing as most likely the bosses are going to be harder, it just gives more incentive to join seeing as you don't need to sync.
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-24 08:50:36
Link | Citer | R

Removing the cap in areas is going to be fun, if what they say about adjusting the mobs etc to fit the 75's works out.
I'm actually looking forward to this.

But after skimming pages of people crying over not being able to get help for CoP...

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
if you want it you'll get it

I can't even fathom not having helpful friends, or even working hard to get something accomplished.

Keep in mind... if they are adjusting the zones to fit the level cap removal, and adjusting mobs...
they BEST be adjusting the difficulty of the BC Fights themselves to fit the cap-removal.
If not, then that's just sad.

SE should just send a Mog Coupon in the next update, good for "One Free Sea Access"

Anyway, one last word, for people who still haven't beaten CoP: why didn't you just do it when it came out? or when they made it easier the last 3 times they adjusted it?
(Don't say it was too had. Lame Excuse)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-24 08:54:12
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kuz said:
Removing the cap in areas is going to be fun, if what they say about adjusting the mobs etc to fit the 75's works out.
I'm actually looking forward to this.

But after skimming pages of people crying over not being able to get help for CoP...

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
if you want it you'll get it

I can't even fathom not having helpful friends, or even working hard to get something accomplished.

Keep in mind... if they are adjusting the zones to fit the level cap removal, and adjusting mobs...
they BEST be adjusting the difficulty of the BC Fights themselves to fit the cap-removal.
If not, then that's just sad.

SE should just send a Mog Coupon in the next update, good for "One Free Sea Access"

Anyway, one last word, for people who still haven't beaten CoP: why didn't you just do it when it came out? or when they made it easier the last 3 times they adjusted it?
(Don't say it was too had. Lame Excuse)

I didn't have 1 75 when CoP first came out.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-24 08:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I didn't have a 75 until August or so =D

Kinda sad when I started playing at NA PS2 release. Go go RL interfering with play time!
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-24 08:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

OK, That's acceptable. But still...when did you Ding your first 75? CoP's been out like 5+ Years.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-24 08:59:03
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kuz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

OK, That's acceptable. But still...when did you Ding your first 75? CoP's been out like 5 Years.

Had my first 75 about 2 years ago I'd say, And when I first had one I merited lots, unlocked sky and then slowly worked on Sea with a static, my static broke and re-formed without me because I only had mnk 75 (this happened twice)

Got another static and got to the 3 paths which then broke due to people not being able to gather at the times needed, and then I've been calling for 3 paths since. Did 2 of them with pick up groups and the rest has been calling for the final path.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-24 09:00:48
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Had my first 75 about 2 years ago I'd say, And when I first had one I merited lots, unlocked sky and then slowly worked on Sea with a static, my static broke and re-formed without me because I only had mnk 75 (this happened twice)

Got another static and got to the 3 paths which then broke due to people not being able to gather at the times needed, and then I've been calling for 3 paths since. Did 2 of them with pick up groups and the rest has been calling for the final path.
That's pretty messed up for them to do. My ex only has 75MNK, but she did just fine in all the fights.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 09:03:08
Link | Citer | R

I actually lvld blm for CoP. It was a mad race to keep up with the lvl caps since my blm generally was at least 1/3 the dmg. Well my first static. I got left behind when I missed the airship fight they finally won lol.

As far as time zones... meh I've done stuff with all kinds of time zones. Right now about 1/2 of my salvage ls is in poland while I'm on the pst. Makes things kinda interesting but it works.

Hell my limbus shell had a couple of brits too lol
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-24 09:05:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I hear ya. My static plowed through CoP up till the Airship fight. then so-and-so broke up with this person, someone elses work schedule changed etc etc and Me and my friend Spooky sat there stagnant for a while.
That's where the LS kicked in.
We wanted to break into Sea and Limbus, so we pushed people to get Sea and helped out LS members.

Are you in a EGLS that does Sea?
If you're close to Airship fight, you'll find alot of LS will help since you're SO close already.

But honestly... if you're in an LS that says they're too busy... bleh. find a more helpful LS.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 09:07:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
I think it is a pretty good analogy to say this is a bit like playing the lottery. If I win it, I could say to all of you "If I can win it so can you", but chances are you never will win it.
As for why I've not finished it - I'm hardly ever on for serious play (more often have the game on just for chat/crafting daytime) and would rather get other stuff done. Like I said earlier, no plans to finish it straight after this uncap either and it doesn't really affect me much anyways since I'm on 8-2 already.
So it sounds to me as you are pretty much saying you haven't really tried mostly cause you really don't care. Not can't get it done.

And sure that anology would work if it was just once. Except I've been in 3 statics since I finished the promies. Since I've finished I've done all fight missions up to the airship at least 2-3 extra times. Have had 2 lss that schedule runs fairly often. Seen countless shouts and several threads for help on here.

So I didn't just "win the lotto" once I've won it several times a few without even buying a ticket
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-24 09:12:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
I can throw in various factors (timezones, amount of hours you can play per day, being able to stick to schedule days, having helpful friends? having a helpful LS? having correct job?) that exist to work against the person trying to do them missions and see them fail at it. But according to people like you Kuz, they don't exist.

meh. I call BS on that.
I did CoP With nothing but RNG 75, and SAM 50. got it done.
Hell, even the Oreo Fight... we didn't mana burn.
PLD, WHM, DRGx2 SAM and RDM. we beat the SNOT outta him with melee.

And saying that time is an issue, and that "I don't spend as much time on the game as other people" do is again a BS excuse.
Our Static ran Sunday Night only, from 8pm till about 11pm.
We cleared a chapter a Month.
Got it done all the way up to Airship fight. before static broke. LS helped rest of the way.
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-24 09:12:56
Link | Citer | R

I mentioned Lilbusta server transferring to get it done. Due to RL stuff he ended up playing like 2 nights out of the week. One of which being CoP. Every Monday night he would sign in for ~2 hours and our static would get what we could done.

He doesn't play anymore, but hey he got Sea access and is only 2 fights from CoP completion.

It took us from August 3rd to February 22nd to complete CoP going on Monday nights (excluding holidays and a couple weeks I deemed a break to give people a breather).
 Unicorn.Fosgate
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-05-24 09:16:20
Link | Citer | R

Why dont they just give everyone the title and a damn CoP ring voucher in the delivery box. Same thing. People who cant finish CoP dont deserve to be in Sea
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-24 09:16:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
I think it is a pretty good analogy to say this is a bit like playing the lottery. If I win it, I could say to all of you "If I can win it so can you", but chances are you never will win it.

BTW...according to your analogy...
between my own run, and helping LS mates...
I've won the Lottery about 6-8 time Jackpot (that's full Sea Clear)
And about 10-12 times minor pocket cash (helping with random missions)

I should start playing the lottery more often... cause DAMN those are good odds.

I think a BETTER analogy would be...

CoP is like playing the Lottery,
Only way you'll win is if you get off your *** and buy a ticket.

Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-24 09:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
I don't play on sunday night from 8pm till 11pm. Infact I don't play on any night at a certain time every week. Why do you assume everyone can/will play it like you do? That's the effing point.

I said that's when I did it...
why are you assuming that's the ONLY time you can?
Find a group, find a time that fits your schedule.. and do it.

Sunday night fit mine. we got it done.
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Basically you are telling them to go screw themselves.

How am I saying that?
Al I said is... find a Time. Make a Group. Get it done.
Set your schedule to what works. Stick to it.
and Win
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 09:18:21
Link | Citer | R

No I'm implying that without even trying if I can get lots and lots of help and such that if you really put wanted to you can get it at least something. Sure you might have to change some of your ig and/or rl schedule around.

But it's not like some crazy hnm calling you at 3 in the morning cause jormy popped (*** that ***).

Just omg I wanna do this maybe stay up for an hour a couple of nights. Or maybe I will eat a little earlier/later. Or not go out some day or not lvl/craft etc etc etc right then.

I might add that when I did do the missions for myself I litterally work 100+ hours most weeks. Everyone in my first static worked full time jobs with different schedules. 1 was EU. None of us played alot.
 Siren.Kuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-05-24 09:20:51
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
And its ok, I get it, you are one of those people who can't understand when someone has a life outside FFXI.

RLCard FTW :D

Knew it would come to that...

Sigh.

PM me sweetie if you feel like talking Real Life and I'll give you my weekly schedule and social Calendar.
[+]
 Shiva.Lorielain
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-24 09:21:12
Link | Citer | R

Well, looks like nobody will have an excuse for not doing these thing.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-24 09:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

That's pretty messed up for them to do. My ex only has 75MNK, but she did just fine in all the fights.

People get too caught up in doing the fights with specific job types to avoid using the items that assist with the fight. So they spend a ***ton of time excluding all the possible help they could have used because they didn't want to spend 30k on meds and "ha ha you're *** now mob!" items.

And yeah my first static consisted of 1 person in Mountain time, 2 in eastern, and 3 over in sweden and poland! None of us "played a lot" and we did our missions once a week for a few months getting slowly through. Got half way through CoP by time I ended up having to quit the game for a bit. And then my last static? Heh, fell into it and we ran a marathon to promathia.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 09:27:03
Link | Citer | R

In fairness a lot of how FFXI was originally designed was flawed. Comparitively from when XI was released to now, everything has been made easier and less time consuming, traveling/xp'ing etc. CoP had a lot of tedious bs that the older playerbase just aren't interested in, since it's so damn old.
Helping friends/ls complete missions is one thing, but there's still tons of players needing it done who can't get help (I'm sure it varies server to server).
Unicorn.Fosgate said:
Why dont they just give everyone the title and a damn CoP ring voucher in the delivery box. Same thing. People who cant finish CoP dont deserve to be in Sea

^lol @ thinking Sea is an achievement.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 09:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Of course plenty of people don't help. Everyone tells me omg thank you when I do. Hell I've gotten offered money before. Actually I think about half the shouts I see have some kind of reward in them lol. I probably have only 2-3 friends ig that will actually help with pretty much anything I ask in a reasonable amount of time.

Organization has always been a pain for them. Which is why the people who make the effort get it done and other people either go off there coattails, get lucky, and/or fall behind.

Hell my first static as much as I could do so with people I'd never done anything but a couple of CoP missions with forced them to static. I had usually 1 day off or at least mostly off a week (like from 8am on though that usually meant I was really low on sleep). Usually on average played about 1-2 hours a night mostly because that's about all the time I had before bed after getting home and eating/showering etc.

Hell I've taken 2 4-6 month long breaks and 2 1 month long break due to litterally not having enough time off to even sleep let alone play the game. Well one of those breaks was also because I was guam and I only had internet at a wifi spot and one was being on a submarine going across the atlantic for a month.

But I was tired of not having the ***done so I got everyones schedule and usually found at least a 2 hour period where everyone had time a week and scheduled everything and read up to get it done. Now while doing 1 mission a week sounds slow it's really not that bad considering how few fights there are. And this was before all the gimps they added. Now you can just buy most the items for the fights and they made them much easier...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13