First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 07:36:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Psyence said:
I went through CoP by telling people to show up on time and what to do. It's about organization too. I didn't have to beg them, they also wanted to clear the missions. It didn't take 2 weeks though, but that's because I imposed the pace. I would schedule one mission per Friday night. But no matter what happened that evening, we would clear it. If someone didn't show up, we would replace him. If someone didn't buy the items he was supposed to bring, we would accompany him to the AH and tell him what to buy, like a kid. But in the end, it worked. Most of the fights were 1/1 because we knew what the hell to expect when we showed up. FFXIAH's search engine was a great help too. People tend to underestimate it's usefulness. I used it to clear CoP, to organize Bahamut v1, Divine Might, and also to clear a big chunk of ToAU.

It bothers me when people say that you need luck to clear something, you just need the will to do so.

this comes eerily close to mirroring my cop experience to date

agreed

if you want it you'll get it
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 07:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Indeed. What finally got it done for me was basically setting up times on either sunday or saturday with a group each week to do one battle type mission with strict get the items and cs before then orders. We were all rather busy with somewhat conflicting schedules so that was about all we could do. Might farm key items inbetween together if more than 1 of us had time at the same time but if not meh.

Was kinda funny cause they were opposed to the idea of a static at first even though that was like the 3rd weekend in a row we had done stuff together. I kinda had to "convince" them I could make it work

Still got done rather reasonable amount of time, especially if you consider how many months I was on the minotaur lol
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-24 07:46:59
Link | Citer | R

I can understand how making CoP easier for people to low-man would also make it easier for those with less play-time to get stuff done.

But would it be as much fun if u could just throw your lv80 character at every cop mission and do the whole thing in 1 day?

Something can still be solo`able or done low-man while still offering a challenge, all I`m saying is, don`t take away the challenge completely because where`s the fun in that.

Some might argue that CoP isn`t fun as far as their concerned, but that`s your opinion and a fair one.

But as I said, I enjoyed the challenge of CoP which is why I will still try to help people with it.

You could raise the level of the mobs in Promyvion and it could still be done low-man at 75+
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 07:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Others might argue CoP is 5/6/7 years old and anyone who wanted to complete it for "Fun" has already long since done it and now everyones who doing it now is spamming enter through cutscenes trying to get to their Rajas ring so they can pump it next to their Shinsoku and heart snatchers.

Again, this would be a very very valid argument if i wasn't still in highschool when this expansion was released and am now living in my own house with a full time job.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-24 07:49:09
Link | Citer | R

why do you play if not for fun?
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 07:50:12
Link | Citer | R

I beat it when it came out chief, it was fun but it doesn't mean im suddenly going to butthurt emo out because they're making it easier for new folks.

You can't get past how this effect "you", i see how it effect everyone.

It helps everyone and anyone who's had difficulty finding people because they either lack friends or are on a shitty server where no one looks out for anyone but themselves, or are just plain lazy, to any point... its a one up for new comers, plain and simple.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 07:50:20
Link | Citer | R

if they're truly uncapping the battlefields without changing the mobs, i honestly don't get it. At that point, you may as well automatically give everyone sea access. Running to all of the old bcnms as a 75 solo and wiping the floor with the mobs wouldn't prove anything, would have 0 challenge and it would just be a chore. it would be as unfun as the first 5 missions of acp.

still, i doubt that's what they're going to do.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 07:51:35
Link | Citer | R

and again, valid point if the Expansion wasn't nearly a decade old, it'd be l ike bitching about Diablo II nerfing its final boss on Extreme mode.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-24 07:52:29
Link | Citer | R

Lol I`m not butt hurt, and making something easier does`nt mean you have to have it completely easy
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 07:53:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said:
everyones who doing it now is spamming enter through cutscenes trying to get to their Rajas ring so they can pump it next to their Shinsoku and heart snatchers.

lol, i spam enter through the cutscenes

as far as i'm concerned, the storyline is sevourn gets a rajas, brutal, boxers, loquacious, and access to limbus.

don't have a shinsoku or heart snatcher though, sorry :(
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 07:53:48
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said:
Lol I`m not butt hurt, and making something easier does`nt mean you have to have it completely easy

Butthurt wasn't necessarily pointed at you but a general interpretation of this threads overall posts.

And as far as not completely nerfing it is concerned, releasing cap and raising the mobs level to adjust to it would be ***-***-backwards counter-productive cause now all those new players who would benefit from this (Read; Not everypne is 75) Will now need to power-burn to 75+ To beat CoP
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
everyones who doing it now is spamming enter through cutscenes trying to get to their Rajas ring so they can pump it next to their Shinsoku and heart snatchers.

lol, i spam enter through the cutscenes

as far as i'm concerned, the storyline is sevourn gets a rajas, brutal, boxers, loquacious, and access to limbus.

don't have a shinsoku or heart snatcher though, sorry :(

Wasn't directed at you but thanks for the imput!
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-24 07:56:06
Link | Citer | R

Valid points, I guess we`ll just have to wait and see what they do, I just hope they don`t take all the fun out of everything
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 07:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said:
Valid points, I guess we`ll just have to wait and see what they do, I just hope they don`t take all the fun out of everything

Don't get me wrong, i'm 100% Against power-nerfing new content and making the game "Super-Easy mode" but, its a really old expansion and despite some of the people in this threads views its not as easy to find good helpful people get the missions done for you.

I can only see this helping new players, few as they may be, and those who've already done the expansion should remember, each BCNM gives a 1k~2k Exp reward for completing it, now you can go in and 2 shot a mob for 1k exp and help a friend beat it =D!

Its a win win in a way...
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 08:00:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Wasn't directed at you
Asura.Karbuncle said:
everyones who doing it now
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 08:02:25
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
I should openly know other players CoP status on every server
Asura.Karbuncle said:
clearly i'm psychic
Gotcha
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 08:04:11
Link | Citer | R

if you're not psychic, maybe don't make a blanket statement that everyone going through it now sucks?

psimput
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 08:05:02
Link | Citer | R

It was more for the flare of the argument rather than a 100% Literal interpretation of the entire FFXI community but kudos on the brain power and taking a clearly exaggerated sentence to heart.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 08:06:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Karbuncle said:
flare
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Literally interpretation
Asura.Karbuncle said:
brain power

whatevs i'm bored now
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 08:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Well *** if you're bored i'd be happy to humor you but without saying anything i've run out of argument space =\

Make it interesting

Dodging my Clearly correct (although misspelled) sentences does not a conversation make my friend
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 08:07:56
Link | Citer | R

not really worth it gotta go
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 08:08:21
Link | Citer | R

of course you do.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-24 08:23:43
Link | Citer | R

I don't really see the problem. For those that have completed CoP it makes no difference, it's nice for us who haven't got it due to not being able to gather people.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 08:27:56
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I don't really see the problem. For those that have completed CoP it makes no difference, it's nice for us who haven't got it due to not being able to gather people.
More competetion in sea makes a difference. In a sorta round about way having spent alot more time on it then you would now makes a difference.

And seriously not finding people... I've done almost all the missions up to airship 2-3 times since I've completely finished CoP. Use the resources you have to find people that either can just help or need it too.

*** I used to have a friend that had like 2 mules with sea access just cause she liked doing CoP and decently after she finished wanted to camp stuff in like rivern without moving her main
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-24 08:39:31
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
More competetion in sea makes a difference. In a sorta round about way having spent alot more time on it then you would now makes a difference.

And seriously not finding people... I've done almost all the missions up to airship 2-3 times since I've completely finished CoP. Use the resources you have to find people that either can just help or need it too.

*** I used to have a friend that had like 2 mules with sea access just cause she liked doing CoP and decently after she finished wanted to camp stuff in like rivern without moving her main

Well good for you, I've been calling on Shiva for days to no avail, I've PM'd multiple people who are on the same mission as I am on AH with no replies, I've PM'd them in game and got "I can't be bothered" I've even tried making statics with them.

Most of my LS mates can't be bothered because being sync'd is a pain in the ***.

It's good that people that have a hard time accessing it now can.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-05-24 08:43:14
Link | Citer | R

There were only three truly challenging fights in Cop.

Ouryu(sp?) was difficult only because I didn't want to BLM burn it. I got one victory DD style and pushed the rest of my group through BLM burning it.

Mithran trackers were annoying, but we still beat it on our third try after a strat change.

Airship was challenging. We still beat it on our third real attempt.

Personally, I think removing the caps in the CoP ZONES is a good idea. It shouldn't be so annoying to get to a battlefield.

Removing the caps for the battles themselves is a mistake, imo. The only way the caps should be removed is if they increase difficulty of those fights to match level 75 (or above depending on how level cap raise affects CoP zones). From what I've read, that doesn't seem to be the case.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 08:46:37
Link | Citer | R

Hell though I don't really visit it not that long ago I got a pearl for a ls dedicated mostly to doing CoP. And they had like 12+ members doing it. I still see shouts and ***occassionally. I've seen threads on here about it from time to time. One of the social shells I have was doing it for awhile.

So seems odd that there isn't 5 people on an entire server that aren't willing to help out. When without trying I find alot more.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13