Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 05:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Easier depends on your point of view. Simply being able to go, instead of scan AH for 8hours looking for equipment that won't equate to you charging in with nothing but a banana hammock on is "easier" from my point of view. Someone else might see "Easier" as the levels don't adjust proportionately to maintain IT at 75-80 as "easier" for them. But indeed, I may have been a little fast out the gate (That's wut she said, amirite?!) on that comment.

Scaling the entire zones mobs or BCNM levels would be completely illogical to making it easier. If anything the challenging to lv75 mobs would be placed in some obscure area with new NMs and such. Not in front of mission relevant areas.

It's been a while since I've been to a Promyvion, I don't recall any "Obscure" area, but there are no real landmarks, it's just void and the spire. That can really *** with your sense of direction. But I've been around since before the 75 cap, and I've seen the change to the Zilart zones (Sky and Ro'Mave). The entire zone's scales changed. Albiet only slightly, since that was a 5 level raise difference, and not a ~50.

At worst, it doesn't change, since everything is aggro-true detect already. Bumping the level just means you don't have to run naked or with gimped sync gear, and you can stand a chance on aggro.

The biggest advantage of CoP being level capped is that to achieve that "optimum setup" you only need to lvl xx jobs to xx level. If all the mobs in CoP areas were scaled to challenge 75+ then new players are going to have to have required jobs at even higher levels, making CoP take even longer. It wouldn't make sense to turn Hippogriphs and Minotaurs into killing machines.
By obscure areas I meant places like Riverne, I dunno if you know it but there's a lot of unused islands there, nothing stopping SE adding some teleports to new islands with harder mobs/NMs/new stuff.
The current mission relevant areas are likely just going to be made easier to pass through so players don't need to spend forever on many year old content.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-05-24 05:41:12
Link | Citer | R

only 2 fights on CoP is hard the rest is huge *** time sink thats kinda it. So removing the lvl cap is awesum since it will reduce the grind/waste of time from running around in those zones. TBH most of the time we are spamming snk/invis and avoiding those true sight mobs so not a huge deal
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-24 05:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
SquareEnix said:
In light of the planned level cap increase, the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will
SquareEnix said:
more accessible than ever before
SquareEnix said:
may now proceed with easier hearts!

Just copying these here for reference. I only base my opinion off of what they have actually said up till now.

"Certain" Means the level capped zones I assumed. Bibiki, Ulegerand, Movopolos, Al'Taeiu, Ru'hmet, Hu'Xzoi, Apollyon, Temenos, Lufaise, Miseraux are all already uncapped, and thus won't be changing.

I base my opinion off of logical conjecture, it's not safe, but, safe doesn't turn me on.

If I had to go one step further on conjecture, I would say that, particularly in Pso'Xja, enemy levels will remain about the same, since there's no real point for them not to be. Far too inaccessible to be a viable Exp Camp, and that Gargoyle mission sucked ***! (All of 3 Paths sucked ***... way harder than "One to be Feared")

Sacrarium is another zone I predict to not change much. Any mission where it's just used as a walk-through gauntlet of Idiot filters. Since this long in FFXI life, all they have left is idiots of varying degree.

Riverne's and Promyvions I see being the big targets for High Level spike-up. Since they have multiple uses. HNM, special Event, hell, even farming (Anima farming). They're also probably the coolest zones in the game, art wise anyway. It's a shame they are so underused. Mea/Dem/Holla are all easy as hell to get to, giving further circumstantial evidence to my belief.

I don't see it - where in the update news did it make any connection between the uncapped CoP areas and the "certain promathia areas" line? The raise in the level cap (i.e. 75 ) and the uncapping of those CoP areas are unrelated in that context, so I'm not sure why you assumed the list of zones they gave for uncapping were the areas they'd be raising mob levels. All they meant was that in light of the max level going up, they'd be raising the levels of mobs in some of the CoP areas so that people have more challenges than the new addon content they will be adding (which I assume isn't going to be giant) - this is not to say they will be raising the levels of all the mobs, which would be illogical, especially after the other points that I quoted from them.

As an open thread to discuss opinions, I am stating mine, why I think them, and how, should it come to pass, it will change the game. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not saying anything as fact. "Logical Conjecture" Means Guesswork, based on a point of view that can be viewed as rational.

I also never said "All" monsters, and by mentioning "Players level 75 and beyond." SE foreshadows thought towards the future level ranges of FFXI.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-05-24 05:49:38
Link | Citer | R

I still haven't done the Promies after trying several times to get help to do them... nobody wants to help! I have stood and shouted in Jeuno for a pick-up Promy party several times with no luck whatsoever.

I hope this means myself and my fiance can now do the promies as a duo.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 05:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
I still haven't done the Promies after trying several times to get help to do them... nobody wants to help! I have stood and shouted in Jeuno for a pick-up Promy party several times with no luck whatsoever.

I hope this means myself and my fiance can now do the promies as a duo.

if you really want them, you can get them

shouts are inefficient

best bet is to use ffxiah power search and send /tells to people on the same mission

when you get responses, do missions with them

determine who's decent and who's not

invite the competent ones to static, don't invite the bad ones to the next missions

edit: of course, this is assuming SE doesn't make them a snap. i wouldn't yet assume they're going to be super easy, for one thing i think as often as not, when SE changes something with a certain intent, the results of the change are often entirely different from the results they were expecting to get
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-24 05:56:29
Link | Citer | R

If they didn`nt raise the level of the mobs in area`s such as say Promyvion Holla when they removed the level cap from the area what would be the point other than making it totally solo`able by any job at 75 or even possibly 60.

The hardest mob you`d find in that zone would be an Easy Prey on the last floor.

I know SE want to make it easier for people but that would just be totally stupid imo.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 05:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said:
If they didn`nt raise the level of the mobs in area`s such as say Promyvion Holla when they removed the level cap from the area what would be the point other than making it totally solo`able by any job at 75 or even possibly 60.

The hardest mob you`d find in that zone would be an Easy Prey on the last floor.

I know SE want to make it easier for people but that would just be totally stupid imo.

Why? Lots of missions are soloable, Rank Missions/ToA/RoZ/Other, how would making the very first fights in CoP soloable be odd?
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-24 06:02:56
Link | Citer | R

Too easy? idk I like to have fun when I do missions.

No challenge = no fun.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 06:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Yeah but it's all in preparation for a declining player base. It'll be harder and harder to do things like CoP/other endgame things without enough people. This just helps move new players past the old content quicker.
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-24 06:04:46
Link | Citer | R

CoP was easy enough to begin with. The first time I did CoP, it actually required strategic planning, hours upon hours of farming items for the various missions, and you actually lost EXP during the fights.

You guys want to *** about CoP being too "hard"? You obviously weren't around when it actually was hard.

Tristean said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Hint: Get better friends.

Says the person who's finished with CoP. Would you want to go through some of those missions again for a "friend"?

I've staticed CoP well over 15 times. Guess how many of those were for myself. (Hint: It's between 0 and 2)

Get better friends.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 06:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Wow this is gunna be sadly easy. As if they hadn't gimp CoP missions enough already. Beating that ***used to mean something. Sure maybe not alot but that you actually tried and had some skill/planning. Now most of the capped stuff is gonna be soloable... yeah
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-05-24 06:08:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Asura.Calatilla said:

Why? Lots of missions are soloable, Rank Missions/ToA/RoZ/Other, how would making the very first fights in CoP soloable be odd?

I think it is basically a case of people feel their own accomplishments are being undermined because someone else got to do it much easier - but your accomplishments still stand and no one can change that. I know a lot of people disagree with these kind of things because they can't see past their own epeen.

Besides, its just a game and they want everyone to have fun. People seem to miss the point that this isn't just about making it easier for noobs, its also for people who don't have time to spend hours shouting (or searching ffxiah for people on the same mission). Whether or not you can relate to or empathise with such people is irrelevant - they exist.

It has nothing to do with my accomplishments, I finished CoP after SE nerfed it the first time, I still do CoP for LS buddies and occasionally I`ll join a random shout just because I enjoy doing them because they`re a challenge.

When you take away the challenge you take away the fun
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 06:08:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
I think it is basically a case of people feel their own accomplishments are being undermined because someone else got to do it much easier - but your accomplishments still stand and no one can change that. I know a lot of people disagree with these kind of things because they can't see past their own epeen.

i don't begrudge the people who get to breeze through what was hard for me... that's just the way things work, and since i started in 2009, i breezed through a lot of stuff that was hard for other people

since i chose to continue cop after the updates were announced, i do wonder if my time/gil could have been spent more efficiently pursuing different goals. i'll know for sure after the update, til then it's still largely conjecture

i do think sky/sea did act as an "idiot filter" for endgame, even if it also inadvertently filtered out those who just didn't have enough time to devote to the game
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 06:11:28
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katarzyna said:
CoP was easy enough to begin with. The first time I did CoP, it actually required strategic planning, hours upon hours of farming items for the various missions, and you actually lost EXP during the fights.

You guys want to *** about CoP being too "hard"? You obviously weren't around when it actually was hard.

Tristean said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Hint: Get better friends.

Says the person who's finished with CoP. Would you want to go through some of those missions again for a "friend"?

I've staticed CoP well over 15 times. Guess how many of those were for myself. (Hint: It's between 0 and 2)

Get better friends.

yes, but in another thread a while ago, didn't you also say at this point you won't even help your boyfreind through?

it's so late in the game that a lot of people who would go through it a second or third time to help friends have already done it 14-15 times, and they've put their foot down at doing it for run #16
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 06:11:29
Link | Citer | R

OH NOEZ, PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE ABLE TO GET TO SEA WITHOUT SITTING THROUGH 20 HOURS OF BROOMRAPE SHOUTING FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE PROBABLY IN THE LOWEST PERCENTILE OF INTELLIGENCE OF THE FFXI POPULATION WHICH IS THE REASON THEY'RE STILL ON SAID MISSION!

THE GAME IS ENDING, A 6 YEAR OLD EXPANSION IS GETTING EASIER!!!

OH NOOEEEZZZZZ THE GAME IS OVER!!!111!!!1111

Okay on a Serious note, its an ancient *** expansion... Its not that big of a catastrophe, seriously.

[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-05-24 06:17:33
Link | Citer | R

More noobs at sea means more people to throw at AV. Good thing. The self proclaimed elite has failed hard for 6 years.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 06:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
lol Most of the people I see disagreeing with this seem to be missing the point of it all. It isn't that the missions are hard per se - it's that MOST (read most, to the people in this topic who say they have helped countless people do them - thats absolutely wonderful) people don't want to help anyone who hasn't done them now.

Well I'd say that's part of it. Really though like I said, XIV is due this year? When it hits there'll be almost no new players, a lot of players will hop to XIV from XI, some may play both, some may play XI till the day the servers are shut down. Either way, it'll become a lot harder to get anyone to do anything, things like Divine Might would be almost impossible without the higher level cap. Even Abyssea content is planned to be done by single parties.
The CoP nerf is just part of that, 6 year old content that most old school players won't participate in anymore, preventing other players from completing it.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-05-24 06:18:25
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
More noobs at sea means more people to throw at AV. Good thing.

This man sees the light.
[+]
 Leviathan.Powerslave
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-05-24 06:46:04
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't mind them making it easier, despite all the aforementioned arguments against it put forth. I made it to Vahzl with a 'semi' static, and after that I was going to static with some other friends at the same point. However, I worked the majority of the evenings and had school most days/afternoon so I got left behind, and I was never able to find enough people/friends available at the same time(s) to help -__- I don't get much time to play, so I wouldn't mind spending the time I do get to actually play rather than shout for missions to no avail.

inb4 I finished CoP while working a 50hr/week job and school and having kids!!!!

Good for you, But I'm me, not you.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-24 07:06:21
Link | Citer | R

Coming from someone who's been offering 50k for help on the last of the 3 paths all week:

*** win.

(none of the fights have been hard, the opposite actually, but gathering people is a gigantic pain in the ***)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-05-24 07:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
inb4 I finished CoP while working a 50hr/week job and school and having kids!!!! Good for you, But I'm me, not you.
No kids or school but I was working 100+ hours a week when I was doing CoP.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-24 07:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Cap the battlefields to 3 people instead of 6, and make the mobs in the battlefield harder.

That would please me.

Edit: I've tried going with less than 6, everyone gets incredibly butthurt.
 Gilgamesh.Daviant
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: daviant
By Gilgamesh.Daviant 2010-05-24 07:21:35
Link | Citer | R

rage
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-24 07:24:07
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Leviathan.Kingregg said:
I hope CoP is duoable.. It's hard to find people to do the early missions

Not according to tiger.

I trioed all missions until promyvahzl on mules (stop there for the enm). It's not too hard.

Not all of us fancy putting more time into the timesink that is final fantasy XI.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-05-24 07:34:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Getting into an exp party is much quicker than begging people to help you with CoP. And you say it takes 2 weeks tops? For who? Someone who plays 10 hours per day? Sometimes I'm only on 3 hours the whole week for serious play lol Get real.

I went through CoP by telling people to show up on time and what to do. It's about organization too. I didn't have to beg them, they also wanted to clear the missions. It didn't take 2 weeks though, but that's because I imposed the pace. I would schedule one mission per Friday night. But no matter what happened that evening, we would clear it. If someone didn't show up, we would replace him. If someone didn't buy the items he was supposed to bring, we would accompany him to the AH and tell him what to buy, like a kid. But in the end, it worked. Most of the fights were 1/1 because we knew what the hell to expect when we showed up. FFXIAH's search engine was a great help too. People tend to underestimate it's usefulness. I used it to clear CoP, to organize Bahamut v1, Divine Might, and also to clear a big chunk of ToAU.

It bothers me when people say that you need luck to clear something, you just need the will to do so.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13