user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 04:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
To me, it doesnt clearly state if they are adjusting the mobs in the BCNMs or not just progression and such wont change.

i'd say thinking they'll take caps off of bcnms is pretty wishful thinking

Check out the update on front page, says they are taking the level caps off the bcnms as well.

wow, i stand corrected lol O.o

just as i finished the level capped portions of CoP

waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh QQQQQQQ

But, Did you enjoy it? COP was pretty enjoyable for me with the story as will as pretty fun fights.

NO. like i said, i had to find/organize 4 random *** and one player who happened to be good, buy them meds/occassional level capped gear cause they couldn't/wouldn't make gil

look up all strats and drag them through the missions

like i said earlier, the slugs who have played for 5-7 years and still haven't had the initative to drag themselves through cop are just about the only people left to do cop with, and they aren't any fun to do it with.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-05-24 04:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Also, this thread tells me who was more likely to pick easy on Kingdom Hearts and who had the balls to pick the hard mode on first play through.

I always pick normal first playthrough.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 04:24:17
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Also, this thread tells me who was more likely to pick easy on Kingdom Hearts and who had the balls to pick the hard mode on first play through.

I don't play kingdom hearts lol.

Don't get me wrong - If I could turn on FFXI and immediately jump into a mission everytime, I'd play it on super duper hard mode. I just don't agree with the ethos that having to spend hours making a team should be the difficulty in it. For that reason, I support making certain things 'easier' like it seems they will be doing with CoP. I'm not sure why you don't understand that.
Oh I understand it just fine, I just think it's the "easy way out". Again, there are ways around shouting for 3+ hours, such as a static. Even if you can't get a full 6/6 static, let's say you have 3-4, people are much more likely to join a /shout group that is 4/6 than 1/6, it'll go much faster.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-24 04:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Don't get me wrong - If I could turn on FFXI and immediately jump into a mission everytime, I'd play it on super duper hard mode. I just don't agree with the ethos that having to spend hours making a team should be the difficulty in it. For that reason, I support making certain things 'easier' like it seems they will be doing with CoP. I'm not sure why you don't understand that.
Oh I understand it just fine, I just think it's the "easy way out". Again, there are ways around shouting for 3 hours, such as a static. Even if you can't get a full 6/6 static, let's say you have 3-4, people are much more likely to join a /shout group that is 4/6 than 1/6, it'll go much faster.

Ok Ok, you are right about making a static, it does make it quicker. But can we agree that in general, if you don't have a static it does take a longer time and with lots of failures (as Sevourn has been pointing out, and FYI not everyone who doesn't play the game a lot is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE -.-)

I play this game a lot and i'm generally regarded as a giant retard :)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 04:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Oh I understand it just fine, I just think it's the "easy way out". Again, there are ways around shouting for 3 hours, such as a static. Even if you can't get a full 6/6 static, let's say you have 3-4, people are much more likely to join a /shout group that is 4/6 than 1/6, it'll go much faster.

Ok Ok, you are right about making a static, it does make it quicker. But can we agree that in general, if you don't have a static it does take a longer time and with lots of failures (as Sevourn has been pointing out, and FYI not everyone who doesn't play the game a lot is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE -.-)
I'll totally forgo the static option, though it's a perfectly viable argument.

Even if they wanted to make it easier, making it to the point to where anyone and their mother can solo anything before 7-5 is overdoing it, by a long shot.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 04:30:24
Link | Citer | R

no, but you mentioned failures as well. not everyone is a failure, like i said, i ended up with one good player to work with.

it's just the failure/good player ratio is a lot worse among longtime players(who stil haven't managed to beat cop) than it is among, say, people that got that ***out of the way years ago and are doing salvage, etc.

plus, even a good player who doesn't play very often is less likely to have gil to blow on meds(i know 6 good players can do it without meds, but with 3-4 bad players, it takes some compensating)
 Sylph.Kimble
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-05-24 04:31:39
Link | Citer | R

Really, the game is on its last legs so they properly just wanted to make it so everyone can enjoy the content.

I mean, it got to the point where Toau and WoTG you can mostly do with 2-4 people so seems odd to have COP be harder.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 04:34:05
Link | Citer | R

i think it was nice that cop acted as a filter to keep the terribad players out of EGLSes

i feel a little bad about unleashing four of my static upon their waiting limbus statics
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-24 04:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
no, but you mentioned failures as well. not everyone is a failure, like i said, i ended up with one good player to work with.

it's just the failure/good player ratio is a lot worse among longtime players than it is among, say, people that got that ***out of the way years ago and are doing salvage, etc.

plus, even a good player who doesn't play very often is less likely to have gil to blow on meds(i know 6 good players can do it without meds, but with 3-4 bad players, it takes some compensating)

I always come prepared for stuff, and I have bad memories of people being asked to bring stuff and then showing up and acting like they were never asked lol. I know this is a complicated issue - and I understand people don't want it to be easy for noobs.

well, i mean i'm a noob--i've played for less than a year

sometimes you can just be a bad player, regardless of time played

*whoops, meant to say longtime players with no sea access earlier, not just longtime players
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 04:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:

I agree with this tiger - Either extreme is bad. I wasn't proposing we should make it THAT easy. Part of the problem I guess is that FFXI is a pretty unbalanced game and because SE is lazy, their changes either swing to one extreme or the other. Personally I just thought removing the cap in areas was enough - making the battles uncapped is a little silly.

It's not actually that crazy. A lot of current content is soloable to 75s. Ie: Dynamis requirements/most missions. With the shrinking playerbase it's not that strange to want to allow all players new and old to have access to all of the available content within the game.
And again, things like Dynamis, Limbus, Sky, Salvage will become extremely easy (assuming they don't get capped) at 99. I don't see why it's hard to think SE would make CoP missions, of all things soloable.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-05-24 04:38:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm just looking forward to finally getting a chance to get some of CoP done. As a THF its almost impossible to get CoP done, even with random pick-up groups.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-24 04:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Jetzabel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

I'll totally forgo the static option, though it's a perfectly viable argument.

Even if they wanted to make it easier, making it to the point to where anyone and their mother can solo anything before 7-5 is overdoing it, by a long shot.

I agree with this tiger - Either extreme is bad. I wasn't proposing we should make it THAT easy. Part of the problem I guess is that FFXI is a pretty unbalanced game and because SE is lazy, their changes either swing to one extreme or the other. Personally I just thought removing the cap in areas was enough - making the battles uncapped is a little silly.
Ah, ok. I thought you were gung ho for walk in each mission, put in 0 effort, get the win because honestly if they don't adjust the BCs at all, they may as well just make sea to where you don't need to do COP to access it, because it'd be just that damn easy.

[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-24 05:01:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
I have before and I would again. Helped some friends go from cop 5-2 right to finish and other random missions. I don't even remember how many times ive done Airship, lol.

5-2 is hardly helping on COP.. a lot of people help on the "latter" missions of CoP. how many people do you know will HAPPILY help from the start, as in prommy holla, dem, mea and make a static til the end?

i cant name many if any on ANY server. Im with Jetz, whilst you guys who have completed CoP say its easy blah blah, its like a 75PLD telling a lvl 1PLD its easy to keep hate!

only easy once you've been there, done that!

I recently went to a pick up party for 2-3, spent 3 hours getting it set up only for them to agrro the entire area and the whm.. didnt have RR..
Sylph.Kimble said:
Hint: Get better friends.
try "easily" making friends on a new server (when u werent from pandy etc)

CoP will be easier, why, because the rewards u get for it are ***when 99cap occurs anyway :D
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-24 05:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Even when FFXI was in it's prime, it was incredibly unreasonable to expect players to carry sets of gear for individual mission tiers. I can understand the original concept of "Progress through while leveling" But that's not how people play (Majority of people) Play MMO.s

95% of an MMO population has the initial goal of attain highest maximum level available, then do missions/quests related to storyline (Backbone missions)

The smart thing to do, would be do the mission-related battlefields (and this extends to all MMOs) like assault. Have options for certain levels, and power up the enemies as required. That way, while nobody would actually use the lowest-level, nobody would be able to *** about it not being there. And you know someone would.

As for SE being lazy, you fail to realize that everybody has a different ideal of balance. And nobody but the designers themselves can say what the true intent was, because we lake their frame of reference. When you're dealing with a Persistent Online game like FFXI, instead of finding the "Perfect balance" (An incredibly expensive development boondoggle) you need to focus more on having additional options. Think like Abjurations.

The King HNM system was designed to add prestige to the pieces themselves, by making it so that only X can drop in X time. (at best, 6 King Abjurations every 5 days, excluding lucky maintenance) but then Option 2 comes, EInherjar. Instead of using Small Elite Groups to take down Incredibly difficult to claim Monsters, it focused on organizing large groups that can generate items at a much higher pace per-drop per-server and at a predictable time, but much lower rate of distribution (24-36 for 4 every 12 days instead of 6-18 for 6 every 5) But also, SE made sure to have unique items to each event, so there is never "Not" a reason to do one. *Both assume 100% claim/success*

Of course, the key difference between Einherjar and Kings, is Einherjar is isolated on a group basis, Kings are a server wide occurance. So the numbers for Einherjar will skew dramatically in favor for drops/server. But this is not a debate over which event is better, simply an example of "Having Options". So I have to see 4/5 Thick armor + Adaman Hauberk WAR's at the Auction house, because any idiot can make Odin choke on bodies, I can't argue the option of it being there, because it's an option, completely isolated from myself.
 Leviathan.Optimis
Serveur: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-05-24 05:05:10
Link | Citer | R

i dont really see what takeing the lv cap off areas will do for anyone no agro is about it =/ only + side to this for me i guess is walking to unvited guest will be faster lol
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-24 05:06:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Optimis said:
i dont really see what takeing the lv cap off areas will do for anyone no agro is about it =/ only side to this for me i guess is walking to unvited guest will be faster lol

Derp derp. Read the update, or the other posts.

They are adjusting the levels of these zones to challenge Lv.75 players and beyond.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-24 05:09:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Rinkydink said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
I have before and I would again. Helped some friends go from cop 5-2 right to finish and other random missions. I don't even remember how many times ive done Airship, lol.

5-2 is hardly helping on COP.. a lot of people help on the "latter" missions of CoP. how many people do you know will HAPPILY help from the start, as in prommy holla, dem, mea and make a static til the end?

i cant name many if any on ANY server.

I've redone COP from 1-1 to 8-3 about 10 times now for other people. Do I count?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-24 05:13:00
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Leviathan.Optimis said:
i dont really see what takeing the lv cap off areas will do for anyone no agro is about it =/ only side to this for me i guess is walking to unvited guest will be faster lol

Derp derp. Read the update, or the other posts.

They are adjusting the levels of these zones to challenge Lv.75 players and beyond.

Correction - they said some areas and they also said at the bottom of the same update note twice that CoP is going to be 'easier' now. It would be illogical for them to raise the level of ALL the mobs and in the same speech say "CoP is going to be easier".

Easier depends on your point of view. Simply being able to go, instead of scan AH for 8hours looking for equipment that won't equate to you charging in with nothing but a banana hammock on is "easier" from my point of view. Someone else might see "Easier" as the levels don't adjust proportionately to maintain IT at 75-80 as "easier" for them. But indeed, I may have been a little fast out the gate (That's wut she said, amirite?!) on that comment.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Serveur: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-05-24 05:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Asura.Rinkydink said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
5-2 is hardly helping on COP.. a lot of people help on the "latter" missions of CoP. how many people do you know will HAPPILY help from the start, as in prommy holla, dem, mea and make a static til the end? i cant name many if any on ANY server.
I've redone COP from 1-1 to 8-3 about 10 times now for other people. Do I count?

no your on Sylph!!! haha but yes you count, only 10.. you disappoint my young padwan! lol

im sitting with my smn waiting for a few more members of LS to be on together so i can just walking to prommies and slap em silly solo. wont be impressed if they make these zones 75(ish)
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-24 05:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said:

Easier depends on your point of view. Simply being able to go, instead of scan AH for 8hours looking for equipment that won't equate to you charging in with nothing but a banana hammock on is "easier" from my point of view. Someone else might see "Easier" as the levels don't adjust proportionately to maintain IT at 75-80 as "easier" for them. But indeed, I may have been a little fast out the gate (That's wut she said, amirite?!) on that comment.

Scaling the entire zones mobs or BCNM levels would be completely illogical to making it easier. If anything the challenging to lv75+ mobs would be placed in some obscure area with new NMs and such. Not in front of mission relevant areas.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-24 05:28:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
SquareEnix said:
In light of the planned level cap increase, the level and distribution of enemies in certain Promathia areas will
SquareEnix said:
more accessible than ever before
SquareEnix said:
may now proceed with easier hearts!

Just copying these here for reference. I only base my opinion off of what they have actually said up till now.

"Certain" Means the level capped zones I assumed. Bibiki, Ulegerand, Movopolos, Al'Taeiu, Ru'hmet, Hu'Xzoi, Apollyon, Temenos, Lufaise, Miseraux are all already uncapped, and thus won't be changing.

I base my opinion off of logical conjecture, it's not safe, but, safe doesn't turn me on.

If I had to go one step further on conjecture, I would say that, particularly in Pso'Xja, enemy levels will remain about the same, since there's no real point for them not to be. Far too inaccessible to be a viable Exp Camp, and that Gargoyle mission sucked ***! (All of 3 Paths sucked ***... way harder than "One to be Feared")

Sacrarium is another zone I predict to not change much. Any mission where it's just used as a walk-through gauntlet of Idiot filters. Since this long in FFXI life, all they have left is idiots of varying degree.

Riverne's and Promyvions I see being the big targets for High Level spike-up. Since they have multiple uses. HNM, special Event, hell, even farming (Anima farming). They're also probably the coolest zones in the game, art wise anyway. It's a shame they are so underused. Mea/Dem/Holla are all easy as hell to get to, giving further circumstantial evidence to my belief.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-24 05:33:01
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

Scaling the entire zones mobs or BCNM levels would be completely illogical to making it easier. If anything the challenging to lv75 mobs would be placed in some obscure area with new NMs and such. Not in front of mission relevant areas.

It's been a while since I've been to a Promyvion, I don't recall any "Obscure" area, but there are no real landmarks, it's just void and the spire. That can really *** with your sense of direction. But I've been around since before the 75 cap, and I've seen the change to the Zilart zones (Sky and Ro'Mave). The entire zone's (Sky*) scales changed, Ro'Mave changed more akin to what you speak "Obscure" Being beyond the moongates. Albiet only slightly, since that was a 5 level raise difference, and not a ~50.

At worst, it doesn't change, since everything is aggro-true detect already. Bumping the level just means you don't have to run naked or with gimped sync gear, and you can stand a chance on aggro.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-05-24 05:33:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jetzabel said:
Leviathan.Kingregg said:
I hope CoP is duoable.. It's hard to find people to do the early missions

Not according to tiger.

I trioed all missions until promyvahzl on mules (stop there for the enm). It's not too hard.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 11 12 13