Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Odin
Odin
 Cerberus.Tennkai
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tennkai
By Cerberus.Tennkai 2010-05-20 13:36:01
Link | Citer | R

I have a question about Odin, particularly dealing with the ACP final fight. I was wondering if it would be possible to kill the boss with 2-3 smns using Odin.
 Odin.Quixacotl
Serveur: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2010-05-20 14:01:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm not saying it's not possible with only 3 smns but you'll have a very difficult time even with meds and reraise items.

Not only do you have to avoid Odin Prime's aoe you also have to deal with the images he summons which can multiply after a certain time.

IMO the key to winning is to include a good kiter like a RDM/NIN or PLD/NIN to handle the images. Our setup was PLD/NIN, RDM/NIN and 4x SMN and we won very easily. No meds or deaths and plenty of time to spare.

Edit* just reread the OP and I highly doubt a Zantetsuken spam would work since since SE made sure to gimp Zantetsuken versus NMs.
 Cerberus.Tennkai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tennkai
By Cerberus.Tennkai 2010-05-20 14:04:05
Link | Citer | R

Im talking about beating the ACP final not Odin prime
 Odin.Quixacotl
Serveur: Odin
user: Quixacotl
By Odin.Quixacotl 2010-05-20 14:05:58
Link | Citer | R

bleh nvm me then.
By Raldo 2010-05-20 14:23:05
Link | Citer | R

FFXIclopedia said:
Damage to NMs cap at a range of 10-20% of their current HP or 9999, whichever is lower. However, percentage damage multipliers are applied after this calculation. This is why damage may exceed 9999.
If wiki's information is correct, the answer is no.
By Vlorsutes 2010-05-30 22:12:14
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, you'd actually likely have a better chance of TP burning the Seed Crystal and using Alexander's Perfect Defense to mitigate damage (especially towards the end when it starts doing Seed of Judgment).