Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Fenrir » Charybdis lulz on Fenrir
Charybdis lulz on Fenrir
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 19:05:35
Link | Citer | R

I seem to remember you standing in a different spot the only time we used the hallway, and it ended in two of us dying, so we decided against it.
 Fenrir.Dramanue
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 19:06:23
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
lol hi Dram, see what you miss when you don't camp it O.O

That stings. I was at work. T_T I would've been there. Either way, aside from all this drama, what exactly am I missing? I used to camp Charybdis the sea princess for hours on end, obtaining ToD's for what appeared to be no reason since I really had no friends at the time so I would think to myself "Why the *** am I down here... even if it did pop on me, who the *** would I call?"... Enough of my ranting.

I'm beginning to ponder upon using meds to solo it as rdm. Idiotic as it may sound as Nightfyre has already stated that with my lackluster equipment, I'd epically fail (and I concurred). I don't have any sky equipment save for an lolGenbu Shield and a helmet that only equips on my Nin for a disastrous fashion emergency. No Dalmatica, none of those red coats that have auto-refresh (I forgot what they're called but they're buku-expensive), and I have only normal-class staves. But I somewhat have thought that I may have a chance with my capped out enfeebling, capped out enhancing, and mad-macroing skillz. I don't know if anyone here has even ever seen me solo anything, but out of boredom I'll go out and solo IT ***for the utter hell of it. Back in the day, I used to be down there killing off placeholders, or if not, I'd be down there killing the XXX-eyes for their illustrious eyes to sell at the then grand price of 30k (which is now the price of an entire set...).

But whatev', I don't know if my Bind would even pray to work against the sea princess, or if doing so will only end in disaster with possible links raping me in my tight hiney. I'm pretty sure, though, that the latter may be the correct summation.
 Odin.Lowblow
Serveur: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2010-05-19 19:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Thats quite the funny story.

Nin/dnc + dnc/nin duo ftw :)

I was gonna attempt to solo but wasnt feeling safe enough yet due to dnc merits not finshed. ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-19 19:08:12
Link | Citer | R

Dragonimi said:
To the first, nothing, except him being supported by those who weren't able to make it and to place this out there for those involved to see and be offended. He could have just done it in game really if he wasn;t striving for attention.
So you agree that exaggerations have no bearing on motives for posting this thread?
Quote:
Second, Nothing, I don;t really care what he thinks, just making the persons character and bias be known.
It makes you look marginally better, though you still look pretty bad either way.
Quote:
As for the 2THFs. The Evasion geared one, was there for tanking, the other was a hate plant for TA and was acctually a duo box with one of the RDMs. As for the others being able to hold for 5 mins, I'm not sure a BLU could and our RDMs were doing so, and then he resisted. Resists can't be planned for and I can't speak for the WHM or the SAM really.
You had three healers present, you can afford for one of them to cure less in order to have a functioning tank. I can say with certainty that between Regurgitation, Blastbomb, and Yawn I could easily hold Charybdis for 5 minutes. Whether your BLU could may or may not be another story.

One resist should not drop a RDM when a second one is present, much less a third holder and a WHM with Repose.
[+]
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 19:09:00
Link | Citer | R

Dramanue? I seem to remember you, I had a party in the mire one time and you RDMed it for me. Do you do alot of Role play?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-19 19:09:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:

That stings. I was at work. T_T I would've been there. Either way, aside from all this drama, what exactly am I missing? I used to camp Charybdis the sea princess for hours on end, obtaining ToD's for what appeared to be no reason since I really had no friends at the time so I would think to myself "Why the *** am I down here... even if it did pop on me, who the *** would I call?"... Enough of my ranting.

I'm beginning to ponder upon using meds to solo it as rdm. Idiotic as it may sound as Nightfyre has already stated that with my lackluster equipment, I'd epically fail (and I concurred). I don't have any sky equipment save for an lolGenbu Shield and a helmet that only equips on my Nin for a disastrous fashion emergency. No Dalmatica, none of those red coats that have auto-refresh (I forgot what they're called but they're buku-expensive), and I have only normal-class staves. But I somewhat have thought that I may have a chance with my capped out enfeebling, capped out enhancing, and mad-macroing skillz. I don't know if anyone here has even ever seen me solo anything, but out of boredom I'll go out and solo IT ***for the utter hell of it. Back in the day, I used to be down there killing off placeholders, or if not, I'd be down there killing the XXX-eyes for their illustrious eyes to sell at the then grand price of 30k (which is now the price of an entire set...).

But whatev', I don't know if my Bind would even pray to work against the sea princess, or if doing so will only end in disaster with possible links raping me in my tight hiney. I'm pretty sure, though, that the latter may be the correct summation.
Hold up there buddy, you missed the part where I offered a solo strategy that you could pull off. If you don't feel like digging it out of the other thread (I mentioned it 2-3 times), PM me.
[+]
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 19:13:36
Link | Citer | R

"It makes you look marginally better, though you still look pretty bad either way."

I play the game for fun Nightfyre, no to look good. The Bias of the OP statements needed clarification. Weather I look good or bad is not the issue at hand and I wouldn't have replied had that been the case. I would have done something more uplifting really.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-19 19:14:38
Link | Citer | R

I dare say the bias was pretty clear to begin with, you're just trying to spin it to some advantage.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 19:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
That stings. I was at work. T_T I would've been there. Either way, aside from all this drama, what exactly am I missing? I used to camp Charybdis the sea princess for hours on end, obtaining ToD's for what appeared to be no reason since I really had no friends at the time so I would think to myself "Why the *** am I down here... even if it did pop on me, who the *** would I call?"... Enough of my ranting. I'm beginning to ponder upon using meds to solo it as rdm. Idiotic as it may sound as Nightfyre has already stated that with my lackluster equipment, I'd epically fail (and I concurred). I don't have any sky equipment save for an lolGenbu Shield and a helmet that only equips on my Nin for a disastrous fashion emergency. No Dalmatica, none of those red coats that have auto-refresh (I forgot what they're called but they're buku-expensive), and I have only normal-class staves. But I somewhat have thought that I may have a chance with my capped out enfeebling, capped out enhancing, and mad-macroing skillz. I don't know if anyone here has even ever seen me solo anything, but out of boredom I'll go out and solo IT ***for the utter hell of it. Back in the day, I used to be down there killing off placeholders, or if not, I'd be down there killing the XXX-eyes for their illustrious eyes to sell at the then grand price of 30k (which is now the price of an entire set...). But whatev', I don't know if my Bind would even pray to work against the sea princess, or if doing so will only end in disaster with possible links raping me in my tight hiney. I'm pretty sure, though, that the latter may be the correct summation.
I'm going to tell it to you straight man, you need to lighten up a bit and kick reason to the curb, light some cigs and plunge headfirst into the fray~ I'm willing to bet money that a lot of things on this game were found out or first done in this manner and use of trial and error. When I get the time I'm going to work out a set just to try and solo tank it as PLD/NIN
Dragonimi said:
I seem to remember you standing in a different spot the only time we used the hallway, and it ended in two of us dying, so we decided against it.
Mmm true I did move around, I got closer to it when it was about 15% and it looked like you'd wipe again, other than that it was the hallway. And before you say I'd try and block, I'm not that low.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-19 19:16:10
Link | Citer | R

I was going to ask why not /RDM or /BLU and then I was like oh yeah... =P
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 19:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Dragonimi said:
Dramanue? I seem to remember you, I had a party in the mire one time and you RDMed it for me. Do you do a lot of Role play?
I don't know if remembrance is a good thing or a bad thing, but yes, I've leveled in the mire quite a few times, and yes, I'll RP quite frequently.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Hold up there buddy, you missed the part where I offered a solo strategy that you could pull off. If you don't feel like digging it out of the other thread (I mentioned it 2-3 times), PM me.
I'll look it up; I must've missed it. All I remember seeing was where you stated to someone else that I wouldn't be able to do it as Avesta did it due to my equipment history and I had wholeheartedly agreed.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 19:21:25
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I was going to ask why not /RDM or /BLU and then I was like oh yeah... =P
Depending on what level 80 PLD/RDM looks like I might, I have a few rings saved up just to burn RDM, and stock piling gil for spells.
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 19:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote isn't working, but Luarania, I know you weren't trying to block. Would never imply such, just lot of people don't move or don't care or think its not a big deal that the character has that pause in movement. Even with this rather insulting thread, I hardly know you and have no room to judge.
[+]
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 19:26:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Dragonimi said:
Dramanue? I seem to remember you, I had a party in the mire one time and you RDMed it for me. Do you do a lot of Role play?
I don't know if remembrance is a good thing or a bad thing, but yes, I've leveled in the mire quite a few times, and yes, I'll RP quite frequently.

Yeah, well I added a tarutaru accent lol to my talking when we hit the mire once. Was pretty nice to have someone take the RP seriously, Haven't done that since I played DnD in high school.

Sylph.Siccmade
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2010-05-19 19:29:39
Link | Citer | R

mostly because its fresh in my head and seems mildly relevant, i just had a monster 16hr camp on Charby a few days ago. killed PH's the entire time and got claim w/ animated flourish. was a duo w/ me NIN/DNC and my buddy RDM. this was the 5th time i've done Charby, the 1st 4 i was on THF but i have to say full EVA build NIN/DNC was super cake. i had gone out there with the plan to solo w/ my NPC but had friends come out throughout the whole night. at about 15% a couple folks who had logged the night before for sleep came on. ended as 4 with BRD and another NIN/DNC but was np duo. so yeah, hardest part is getting claim.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 19:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Dragonimi said:
Quote isn't working, but Luarania, I know you weren't trying to block. Would never imply such, just lot of people don't move or don't care or think its not a big deal that the character has that pause in movement. Even with this rather insulting thread, I hardly know you and have no room to judge.
Well they were AFK, thats what people tend to do. Usually on the wall though I have seen a few do it on the path. And I never intended it to be insulting, no one was named, and still no one has been, aside you. This was made to document an event that was hilarious, sad, and otherwise fail.

personally I'd still be laughing if this was my LS, hopefully a lesson was learned and information was gained.
In parting I have one word: Wiki
Live it, Learn it, Love it. Games 8 years old, ***should be known by now aside a few things and new content.
By Dragonimi 2010-05-19 19:36:57
Link | Citer | R

We knew our plan, and how it ranked, and ***happened. NMs do that hehe. Hilarious yes, sad alittle, could have gone smoother, but killing the NM and getting the drop I wouldn;t call fail.

My parting word: Last time I saw a AFKer at charby, they were too close to the water and got eatted by the PH lol
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-05-19 19:41:18
Link | Citer | R

lulz u guyz in SSG right nowz

ive seen ppl afk at the top while i went down there to grab ToD, and the party wipe and charby go over to them and go nomnomnom, so its really not safe to afk anywhere lol
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 19:44:08
Link | Citer | R

Dragonimi said:
We knew our plan, and how it ranked, and ***happened. NMs do that hehe. Hilarious yes, sad alittle, could have gone smoother, but killing the NM and getting the drop I wouldn;t call fail. My parting word: Last time I saw a AFKer at charby, they were too close to the water and got eatted by the PH lol
Ugh.. I passed out near Sea Hog today spawn.. woke up in Jeuno -.-;
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 19:47:16
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, going it PLD BLU and RDM with Dram~ gonna be epic.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 20:06:08
Link | Citer | R

lmfao we lost it, but me and Dram held it for like 10-15 minutes XD was *** epic
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 21:41:32
Link | Citer | R

That was entertaining... Another loss to tag onto my collection: Charybdis 10, Dramanue 0. I've felled it in large groups only to see the sword of Charlamagne go to someone else. If I get it with Nightfyre, I'll be willing to grant him a lot only because I know he needs it and he was willing to take time out to help us out.

But then again, it was quite epic I must admit... I felt that it was my fault that it felled us as it did since I used my first Convert late in the battle and was unable to refresh my MP fast enough for a second Convert later in the fight, causing me to fail at healing Luar as quickly as I would have wanted. Great claim by Luar, btw. ^_^
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-19 22:48:25
Link | Citer | R

this thread is making me want to head to ssg and camp charby for the hell of it

Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 22:50:19
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Do it for a friend if you already have Charlamagne's sword. ^_^ They'll love you for it.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-19 22:51:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Do it for a friend if you already have Charlamagne's sword. ^_^ They'll love you for it.

me and my social capped my FL on joytoys a while ago

i guess it would be a *** move to go kill it and floor the joy?

Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 22:54:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
That was entertaining... Another loss to tag onto my collection: Charybdis 10, Dramanue 0. I've felled it in large groups only to see the sword of Charlamagne go to someone else. If I get it with Nightfyre, I'll be willing to grant him a lot only because I know he needs it and he was willing to take time out to help us out. But then again, it was quite epic I must admit... I felt that it was my fault that it felled us as it did since I used my first Convert late in the battle and was unable to refresh my MP fast enough for a second Convert later in the fight, causing me to fail at healing Luar as quickly as I would have wanted. Great claim by Luar, btw. ^_^
lol you did fine, it's a pain to do it on PLD even with as much evasion gear I had. Was fun as hell though, I seriously thought it would wipe the floor with me in 2 minutes flat.
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Should do it, one of my goals is to solo it as PLD XD maybe with the new level cap I'll attempt it.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-19 22:56:31
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
That was entertaining... Another loss to tag onto my collection: Charybdis 10, Dramanue 0. I've felled it in large groups only to see the sword of Charlamagne go to someone else. If I get it with Nightfyre, I'll be willing to grant him a lot only because I know he needs it and he was willing to take time out to help us out. But then again, it was quite epic I must admit... I felt that it was my fault that it felled us as it did since I used my first Convert late in the battle and was unable to refresh my MP fast enough for a second Convert later in the fight, causing me to fail at healing Luar as quickly as I would have wanted. Great claim by Luar, btw. ^_^
lol you did fine, it's a pain to do it on PLD even with as much evasion gear I had. Was fun as hell though, I seriously thought it would wipe the floor with me in 2 minutes flat.
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Should do it, one of my goals is to solo it as PLD XD maybe with the new level cap I'll attempt it.

i won't lie, soloing it on PLD is beyond my capabilities(at 75, anyway)

i'd need to grab a nin friend and go bard
 Fenrir.Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-19 22:57:24
Link | Citer | R

Yes, quite.
Go kill something else down there... Like... umm... I dunno. If anything, you could go down there and just kill the placeholders to help those who are waiting for it to pop, or just help those who are camping it. Just off your assistance. If they're *** about letting you help out ("Oh no, you're just going to lot and run! Fark off, mother farker") then just kill placeholders I guess.

~shrugs~

I'm seriously contemplating heading down there on the next window... ~sighs~ Or maybe not.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-05-19 22:58:20
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i won't lie, soloing it on PLD is beyond my capabilities(at 75, anyway) i'd need to grab a nin friend and go bard
Yeah, for PLD to solo it's boarderlining impossible for now. To actually pull it off at 75 I'd name that person the King of all PLDs
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-05-19 23:02:21
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Oh yes I wouldnt advise evasion gear on PLD. It dodges like a brick. Honestly your best bets for Tanks are probably NIN and THF maybe MNK. I also heard Dancer could do pretty well.