Planning On Quitting... Again.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Planning on quitting... again.
Planning on quitting... again.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 14:14:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Renali said:
If you enjoy this game then don't quit. Joytoy seems like a nice toy, but not something you should be losing sleep over irl =) Sounds like you just need a reason to stay. No one quits 11 forever anyway. If you were on Phoenix, I'd try and help you get that sword, but I'm sure a few months later, you'll have this same feeling you're having now.
If history is any precedent, probably.
Odin.Kalico said:
Only Rdm's w/o a joytoy will say "Joyeuse is nothing but a toy for RDMs and not useful in just about any practical situation."

Anything you melee on rdm/nin or rdm /anything joytoy is a must have....joytoy teir 1 enspells haste will rape ***..mind you with fortitude,suppa and full S.merits rdm sword goes to an A....so solo wise or anything you strait tank on rdm a joytoy becomes a remarkable weapon......
Lol to the *** wut.
Quote:
Edit: I never said he was a failure w/o joytoy I said he was a failure because of his way of thinking
Agree with this though.
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-18 14:16:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
Only Rdm's w/o a joytoy will say "Joyeuse is nothing but a toy for RDMs and not useful in just about any practical situation."

Anything you melee on rdm/nin or rdm /anything joytoy is a must have....joytoy teir 1 enspells haste will rape ***..mind you with fortitude,suppa and full S.merits rdm sword goes to an A....so solo wise or anything you strait tank on rdm a joytoy becomes a remarkable weapon......

Edit: I never said he was a failure w/o joytoy I said he was a failure because of his way of thinking

with all due respect, i disagree with that. joyeuse is the best weapon on rdm (bar mythic/relic magians, w/e, idk) for when rdm is meleeing. no one denies that. what we deny is that it's practical to ever melee on rdm for 'things that matter.'

sure, if farming... if doing some random stupid quest... if doing anything in this game that any other 75 job could solve... sure joyeuse is nice to have for your RDM. but if doing a challenging EG group activity (a thing that 'matters'), RDM shouldn't be meleeing which makes joy essentially useless... a far cry from joy being a necessity.

Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-18 14:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:

raen had a joytoy and much much more
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 14:17:46
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
Odin.Kalico said:

with all due respect, i disagree with that. joyeuse is the best weapon on rdm (bar mythic/relic magians, w/e, idk) for when rdm is meleeing. no one denies that. what we deny is that it's practical to ever melee on rdm for 'things that matter.'

sure, if farming... if doing some random stupid quest... if doing anything in this game that any other 75 job could solve... sure joyeuse is nice to have for your RDM. but if doing a challenging EG group activity (a thing that 'matters'), RDM shouldn't be meleeing which makes joy essentially useless... a far cry from joy being a necessity.
Ceremonial Dagger? Joyeuse is far from an end-all-be-all RDM melee weapon.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-18 14:18:29
Link | Citer | R

lol, this thread was the first thing that came to mind for me as well

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ericka
Serveur: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-18 14:23:39
Link | Citer | R

When an Online Video game makes you Depressed, its time to quit, you feel the need to please others with you gear? if you know your job then you're a good <insert job here> who Cares about what others think?

Getting Help in This game is based on Luck and who you know.

Truly if its that bad for you then maybe give up the game. with all the new stuff coming out, the way things are now wont change for the better. ppl are going to get more mean and become more moronic then before.

I hope things work out for you~
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-18 14:24:13
Link | Citer | R

I leave
for like 30 minutes
and I come back
and my thread is overrun by practical spam.

Why can't we all get along?

Anyway, to make things short, I've camped the sea princess, Charybdis multiple times. Many times... In fact I think I clocked way too many hours down there. I've lost sleep [blah blah blah, etc, continuous ranting].

There was a time where I would spend days just farming avatars for their rings and to help others in the process. It's not as if I didn't solo things on my own, I even solo'd my Assault Jerkin from Ose which I, for some odd reason, still put up as one of my highest "achievements" (even though, to this day, I still see no practical use for the jerkin with my four little 75 jobs).

Anyway, I've decided that at some point I'll just come back. I just want this bickering between you all to stop. I'm sorry I started all this, I meant for none of this to go this far. To those who gave good advice, I thank you.

Bismarck.Chasuro said:
Cool story bro! Why are you asking complete strangers?
Because quite honestly, I thought we were all family in the sense that we all play the same game... I apologize for my misunderstanding.
 Odin.Kalico
Serveur: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-18 14:26:16
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Only Rdm's w/o a joytoy will say "Joyeuse is nothing but a toy for RDMs and not useful in just about any practical situation." Anything you melee on rdm/nin or rdm /anything joytoy is a must have....joytoy teir 1 enspells haste will rape ***..mind you with fortitude,suppa and full S.merits rdm sword goes to an A....so solo wise or anything you strait tank on rdm a joytoy becomes a remarkable weapon...... Edit: I never said he was a failure w/o joytoy I said he was a failure because of his way of thinking
with all due respect, i disagree with that. joyeuse is the best weapon on rdm (bar mythic/relic magians, w/e, idk) for when rdm is meleeing. no one denies that. what we deny is that it's practical to ever melee on rdm for 'things that matter.' sure, if farming... if doing some random stupid quest... if doing anything in this game that any other 75 job could solve... sure joyeuse is nice to have for your RDM. but if doing a challenging EG group activity (a thing that 'matters'), RDM shouldn't be meleeing which makes joy essentially useless... a far cry from joy being a necessity.

Yes bar relic/mythic but if you have 1 joytoy will still go in the off hand..also joytoy has the highest dps of the 3 when the 45% oat procs making its dps 1359 compared to excal 1269...so dot wise it out does mythic/relic
on another note....

1. Not every one has other jobs.
2. Rdm is the best job to solo ***on some stuff is dot/kite other ***is strait tanked
3.FFXI does not consist of EG and xp parties only

just wanted to add that in
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-18 14:29:44
Link | Citer | R

lolrdmdagger, get some good death blossoms with that lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 14:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
Anyway, to make things short, I've camped the sea princess, Charybdis multiple times. Many times... In fact I think I clocked way too many hours down there. I've lost sleep [blah blah blah, etc, continuous ranting].
Then why don't you have a Joyeuse?
Quote:
It's not as if I didn't solo things on my own
See above.
[+]
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-18 14:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Odin.Kalico said:
raen had a joytoy and much much more

ok *** it I guess he just doesn't appreciate what he has then it happens all the time....
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-18 14:33:41
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Ghlin said:
Odin.Kalico said:

Ceremonial Dagger? Joyeuse is far from an end-all-be-all RDM melee weapon.

sure.

you're talking to someone who has helped, let's see... at least 6 people get a joyeuse. one time i actually CFH'd it by accident. i'll never forget that. ugh. (nuts, back to windower, but CFH protect will never be off now). but i mean like i've helped a ton of people get one, but i never cared to get it myself. it means a great deal to other people, so i like to see them get it. but i haven't melee'd on rdm in a very long time (bar campaign which i rarely do on rdm... or ha... at all really).

Fenrir.Dramanue said:
I leave
for like 30 minutes
and I come back
and my thread is overrun by practical spam.

Why can't we all get along?

There was a time where I would spend days just farming avatars for their rings and to help others in the process. It's not as if I didn't solo things on my own, I even solo'd my Assault Jerkin from Ose which I, for some odd reason, still put up as one of my highest "achievements" (even though, to this day, I still see no practical use for the jerkin with my four little 75 jobs).

Anyway, I've decided that at some point I'll just come back. I just want this bickering between you all to stop. I'm sorry I started all this, I meant for none of this to go this far. To those who gave good advice, I thank you.

Bismarck.Chasuro said:
Cool story bro! Why are you asking complete strangers?
Because quite honestly, I thought we were all family in the sense that we all play the same game... I apologize for my misunderstanding.

i make it a point to disregard CSB posts.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-18 14:35:54
Link | Citer | R

What is worthwhile to solo on RDM which is much more effectively melee'd using a Joyeuse than a Ceremonial Dagger?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 14:37:13
Link | Citer | R

Cassie? All I got.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-05-18 14:39:18
Link | Citer | R

I'd ignore Chasuro, she's a mong.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-18 14:41:05
Link | Citer | R

does beestinger end up usually dealing 1 damage? j/w. or is ceremonial more of a just to play it safe type deal.
 Asura.Ericka
Serveur: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-05-18 14:41:56
Link | Citer | R

so after reading your posts after OP, you're quitting cause you cant get a Joyeuse?

Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 14:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Ghlin said:
does beestinger end up usually dealing 1 damage? j/w. or is ceremonial more of a just to play it safe type deal.
Weapons with a weapon rank of 0 such as Ceremonial Dagger and Beestinger have a fSTR floor of -1. -1 fSTR reduces your base damage by 1, and since Ceremonial Dagger is 1D that means it will essentially have a base damage of 0 and thus always hit for 0. Given that Ceremonial Dagger solos depend on not feeding the NM TP to avoid certain TP moves going off (ohai 10k Needles), using Beestinger would be playing with fire. It would hit for 0 at times, but not always, and sometimes isn't enough here.
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-18 14:47:40
Link | Citer | R

i see, i see. interesting. thanks.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-18 14:48:47
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
What is worthwhile to solo on RDM which is much more effectively melee'd using a Joyeuse than a Ceremonial Dagger?

Depends on what you mean by effectively in a situtation where the tp moves are raping you or wiping your shadows in 1 shot yeah C.dagger enspells or if you want to play it safe and take forever to dot it yeah C.daggers but if it doesn't fall under that criteria then I perfer joytoy imo
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-18 14:49:18
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

For a weapon's damage to equal 0 because of its DMG, fSTR has to reduce base damage (DMG + fSTR) to 0 (since no DMG0 weapon exists).
Quote:
The lower cap of fSTR is - Weapon Rank

Exception: Rank 0 weapons have lower cap -1.

Weapon Rank is floor(DMG/9), so all weapons of DMG 8 or less will have a lower cap of fSTR -1. Anything higher will have a lower cap of fSTR -2 minimum and yet the DMG will be 9 or higher, so this cannot equal zero.

Therefore it follows that only DMG1 weapons can be reduced to effective base damage 0, since 1 - 1 = 0, but 2 - 1 = 1, etc.

So Ceremonial Dagger onry~
Quote:
Cassie? All I got.

Can RDM solo CC? Seems really harsh in many different ways.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-18 14:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Depends on what you mean by effectively in a situtation where the tp moves are raping you or wiping your shadows in 1 shot yeah C.dagger enspells or if you want to play it safe and take forever to dot it yeah C.daggers but if it doesn't fall under that criteria then I perfer joytoy imo

What melee-friendly worthwhile solo mob does not have TP moves that you wish to limit? If there are none, then Joyeuse becomes just a toy.

(I used Joyeuse when killing Paellaidh for killing its Chigoes really quickly but that's about it!)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-18 14:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Kalico said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Ok, so what doesn't fall under that criteria that's still a notable solo?
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
Cassie? All I got.

Can RDM solo CC? Seems really harsh in many different ways.
I seem to recall Thorny mentioning it in his post in that RDM solo list thread. Would be quite the hassle though, you'd need meds and solid PDT/Utsusemi sets. I know Vivian's soloable and Cassie's lower level, so the biggest issue would probably be the rage timer.
 Odin.Kalico
By Odin.Kalico 2010-05-18 15:05:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
What melee-friendly worthwhile solo mob does not have TP moves that you wish to limit? If there are none, then Joyeuse becomes just a toy. (I used Joyeuse when killing Paellaidh for killing its Chigoes really quickly but that's about it!)

look man no one's saying your not right about C.daggers....
What i'm saying if its is not a mob who's tp moves make it impossible to melee then using joytoy will make the fight go way faster...there is always more than one way to do ***your was is slower but safer my way is faster but a lil more dangerous thats all.....
By Angeleus 2010-05-18 15:06:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I'd ignore Chasuro, He's a mong.

Fix!
 Diabolos.Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2010-05-18 15:08:44
Link | Citer | R

kalico, dude, you're missing the point. a monster that doesn't have tp moves that we care about is probably a monster that is easy to solo no matter if you have joyeuse or not.

this means that joyeuse is still essentially 'for fun' rather than a necessity.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-05-18 15:22:20
Link | Citer | R

ill tank charby for you :D
and no, i didnt read this thread yet
 Bahamut.Paulus
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-05-18 15:23:13
Link | Citer | R

What are you reasonably looking for out of the game now?
 Fenrir.Dramanue
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2010-05-18 15:25:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Paulus said:
What are you reasonably looking for out of the game now?
Friendship. Kinship. Acceptance.